Waiting on a Teacher (attn Lou)

Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays. Yet these events may take place at any area of the Tower, and sometimes outside of it, since the images to the left merely serves as inspiration towards the sceneries of your stories. Channelers are always welcome, and might even find his or her bondmate through the threads that are displayed below.
Alix
"New Spring"

Waiting on a Teacher (attn Lou)

Post by Alix » February 20th, 2020, 9:23 pm

Far earlier in the morning than she would like, Alienor found herself on the way to the training grounds. After expressing her interest to learn how to use a dagger, she'd been told to come to the training circle and a teacher would meet her there.

The sun had only been up for a few hours, and dew still glistened on the grass. And already, she had had breakfast, did her morning exercises, and got into a fight with another Drin. Bloody Warders she thought grumpily, as she approached the sandy area where most of the trainees had their lessons. Do they really think dragging us out of bed with the sun is going to make us better Gaidin?

Though Alienor had been raised on a farm, she wasn't accustomed to early mornings- her grandparents weren't nobles, but they were well off enough to afford servants, and so most of the truly hard work fell to the farmhands. Alright, Alienor, admit it, you're not enjoying life as a Drin.

And she wasn't. Life at the Tower wasn't at all what she'd expected. She'd known, of course, that it wouldn't be easy, but she wasn't expecting it to be as rough as it was. From the early mornings, to be constantly barked at by Gaidin, to making a fool of herself in some of her weaponry classes. Which is the main problem, isn't it? You don't like not being good at something. She'd always been competitive, and it was stinging her pride to not be a top student.

Stopping near the sand circle area, Alienor began to go through some light exercises again. She'd technically already warmed up, but she suspected she needed all the advantages she could get.

At least this morning' s lesson was in dagger- she could use a basic knife already, so perhaps would be better at dagger than she'd been with a bow. Alienor wanted to crawl under the sand when she thought about yesterday' s bow class. Taking her dagger from her belt- a narrow, straight blade she'd selected at the armory earlier- she attempted a few practice stabs.
Alienor Corvall,
Drin of the Grey Tower

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

Re: Waiting on a Teacher (attn Lou)

Post by Lou » February 24th, 2020, 4:40 pm

"Sir, I..." Dianlinn felt the words die on her tongue, as she shifted her feet a little and held her clenched palms behind her back in a more submissive stance, as she also searched for a more appropriate tone to speak to her superior officer. It was not easy, especially when she was so sure the woman was making a mistake. And it was her duty to speak up than have the mistake come about, as then she would owe the woman toh for letting the mistake happen in the first place. "I do not believe I am the right teacher for new Drin'ji'far." She said, in a soft and slow voice, lest it belay the fact that she was angry at being told to do so. How was this helping me become good enough to guard Aes Sedai? Wasting her hours teaching those that may either run off within a week or not take it seriously? But alas, Dianlinn could see that the woman before her was not to be swayed.

"Ji'far, think of it as... piling rocks to learn patience." Th raven haired woman did not even bother to hide her amusement at the look on Dianlinns face before she dismissed her with a wave of her hand, leaving the tall blonde woman the only option of leaving the off in a stalk that spoke of her annoyance to anyone who got close.

Stopping by the armoury to pick up her practise dagger, she continued to talk towards the practise ring where the Drin'ji'far had been told to wait. Dianlinn kept the girl in focus as she made her way closer, her eyes hooded against the sun. Another Wetlander girl. She will be off home when I am finishing tanning her hide for her, her parents should be tanner to for letting her run about in such a serious place. Just outside the ring, Dianlinn stripped off her belt that held her quiver attached, and also laid down the back quiver that held her spears. And her actual daggers.

"I am Ji'far Dianlinn of the Jagged Spire Sept of the Taardad Aiel, and now of the Grey Tower. May you find shade." She could not help the way her words sounded clipped, but then she hardly cared what a Weltander thought of her. "I am to be your tutor this day in the use of daggers. Have you stretched your body and muscles?" As she spoke, she played with the practise dagger in her fingers, not looking down, its dulled edge not cutting her sun dark skin.
Image Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik