A Fox Is A Wolf Who Sends Flowers (Craig)

Tel'aran'rhiod and Portal Worlds
Matty
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Murdock Mather, Keeper of the Archives
SC: Nathaniel Carridus, Asha'man (Blue)
TC: Maever Donovan, Asha'man (Yellow)

Re: A Fox Is A Wolf Who Sends Flowers (Craig)

Post by Matty » June 3rd, 2018, 2:49 pm

Nate Alright so hopefully they wouldn't be in this Magical Aiel Land for very long then. Nate wasn't in the habit of swinging his hammer around to get results, he just used it when it was needed. Did Zarayne think he was going to stomp in and crush everything? He was a Blue, not a Green, sheesh. He wouldn't lift his weapon against anyone unless they started it or put their bloody veils on. The fact that Zarayne was wearing one made Nate's eyebrows twitch a little - again at playing Aiel - but it really wasn't his business, or problem. Zarayne could identify as a goat for all the difference it made to Nate's objectives.

As much as he didn't like the attitude of only being told the bare minimum, the Blue appreciated that a song and dance about the whole thing was not necessary, so he may as well get on with it if it brought them closer to the answers he wanted. "Alright then, off we go," he said, seizing Saidin and creating the first Gateway in the direction indicated.

The man was silent for some time. Not because he was sulking, such things were unheard of in the Void, but because he was concentrating on forcing his will on the Pattern, threads of Spirit forcing their way between one location and the next. Apparently woman approached Travelling in a much more genteel manner, which Nate would expect from the fairer sex, but he'd never cared enough to delve any further into it than a polite "oh right" when it came up in conversation once. Theory was not his strong suit.

As time went by and the sun marched on its merry, relentless way, Nate felt that gnawing of impatience. How bloody far away was this magical sacred place Zarayne was so precious about? The Blue didn't ask, he just made the Gateways, but when it came time to pause, Nate stood in the shade of a large, dramatic rock and folded his arms. He was about to ask how much further they had to go but Zarayne simply indicated for him to stop as if he'd been about to make another Gateway. "Are we here then?" he asked. He looked out at the expanse of sand before them, seeing nothing of note. Just sand, sand, fog, more sand...

Hang on, fog? The man squinted, and then looked down at Zarayne. "The fog, right?" It was the only weather source they'd seen all day. "All I can feel is endless sun, no signs of a change to that any time soon. If that were a real storm, even an isolated one, I'd be able to feel it. So what is it?" Sometimes being able to read the weather had its perks, even in a place where nothing ever changed.
------ Murdock -------------- Nathaniel --------------- Maever -------

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » June 4th, 2018, 8:16 pm

Zarayne
"Rhuidean."

Even in the World of Dreams, Zarayne had avoided Rhuidean. This place was sacred. She knew that would-be Clan Chiefs and Wise Ones entered the city to prove themselves. She knew her mother and father had both entered and survived. Beyond that, she only knew that there were Wise Ones somewhere nearby.

She crouched in the shade, peering towards the city. Faced with the reality of her situation, Zarayne felt unprepared. Her body coped with the heat of the Three-Fold Land, but she knew nothing about its people or its culture, not really. There was nothing for her eyes to see as she scanned the horizon. What would other Aiel see? Aes Sedai had secret markers, so it stood to reason the Aiel did too. It seems like an endless expanse of desert separated them from the fog. Who knew what lay ahead of them. Pulling down the hood of her cadin'sor, Zarayne considered their options.

"There should be Wise Ones near the city. There are sacred ceremonies they conduct inside Rhuidean." She scanned the desert again, seeing nothing. "I don't know how many Aiel lie between us and the fog and I'm uncertain where the Wise Ones are. But we should travel on foot. If we're lucky, we'll come across Far Dareis Mai who can lead us to the Wise Ones. Or Far Aldazar Din or Duadhe Mahdi'in. We will likely find them by nightfall."
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Matty » June 7th, 2018, 7:16 am

Nate Nate had heard of Rhuidean, the only city in the Three-Fold land, unfinished and abandoned many years ago. It was treated by some as a rumour, almost like trollocs were to Mayeners. Others treated it as the gospel truth and, well, Nate had no reason to believe Zarayne was lying. He didn't really know what the significance of the place was because a building was a building at the end of the day but he had come to learn that the Aiel were generally an odd people who did things just because they always had and it Just Made Sense in their somewhat skewed minds. Ah well. Nate didn't mind the Aiel being Aiel, but Zarayne playing at it chafed a little. Wasn't the Grey Tower good enough?

"So yeah, I don't speak Aiel so I have no idea what you just said. Whatever we find, let's get on with it. I imagine they'll find us first though." Nate would let the Aiel dictate how that went, whether it was peaceful or not. He would just respond as was appropriate. These Fairy Dairy Mays or Far Charred Dins or Dudey Mandeys, whatever Zarayne just said. They could have been types of shrub for all the good it did Nate.

Zarayne anticipated an encounter before nightfall, and she wasn't to be disappointed on that front. To Nate's untrained eye they were surrounded by nothing but endless sand one moment, and then the next they were circled by a bunch of rather tall folk wearing typical Aiel garb and wielding spears. Nate, being fairly good at identifying the biological gender of another human, correctly asserted that the group were all female. Whatever that meant. Their veils weren't on which was apparently a good thing.

"Are these the Fairy Dairy Mays you were on about?" Nate asked Zarayne in a stage whisper, as the women did some sort of... hand gesturey thing at one another. Nate figured they were doing some secret Aiel code thing, and he seized Saidin just in case they tried anything. However, he did refrain from moving his hammer which was still hoisted over his shoulder.

One of the women moved forwards, and she looked like she might try to gut the pair of them at any moment but for now she seemed at least a little willing to talk. "I see you both," she said. "I am Sunaan, a Far Dareis Mai of the Black Cliffs Sept of the Nakai Aiel. What brings you to this part of the Three-Fold Land," there was a very slight but deliberate pause as she continued, "Wetlanders?"

Nate had no idea whether some sort of Aiel related fight was going to break out between Zarayne and these women so he figured he'd let them deal with that side of things. Instead he introduced himself. "So I'm Nate." Sunaan gave him an expectant look, and he cleared his throat. "Uhhh, Nathaniel Carridus of... Mayene...?" That seemed to satisfy them somewhat. He gave Zarayne a grin whilst the maidens made handtalk about the size of his hammer, an act of which he was blissfully unaware.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » June 7th, 2018, 10:03 am

Zarayne
Zarayne watched the hand-talk with some interest. She understood most of it and found herself smiling internally at the mention of Nate's weapon. There were pointed mentions about the size of one's spear haft in comparison to the size of one's spearhead. Zarayne glanced at Nate, wondering if he understood anything that was being said. Apparently not. Zarayne waited until they were finished with their jokes before speaking.

"I see you Sunaan. I am Zarayne Sedai of the Grey Tower. My mother was from the Chumai Sept of the Taardad Aiel." That conjured a few glances and a couple of questions in hand-talk. She nipped the inquiries in the bud. "I claim neither sept nor clan as I was raised outside of the Three-Fold Land."

"We are here because of an attack against a caravan of Lost Ones. All woke from the dream or were kidnapped, including the women and children. If these were the soft=lands, I would suspect this to be the work of Treekillers or the Shadowtwisted, but neither would venture this deep into the Three-Fold Land."

Zarayne paused there, turning to Nate as Sunaan and the Maidens talked. "I said this wasn't the work of bandits or Trollocs," she explained at a volume meant for his ears alone. "And the Tuatha'an would never raise spears against themselves." Facing the Far Dareis Mai again, Zarayne caught the tail-end of the conversation. They were clearly abhorred by the implication that Aiel had turned their spears against the Lost Ones.

"We will take you to the Wise Ones," Sunaan stated. Zarayne nodded, but then there was another bout of hand-talk. She was to be taken to the Wise Ones, not Nate. Well that won't do.

Zarayne didn't know how the specifics of ji'e'toh well enough to know if Asha'man were afforded the same freedom as Aes Sedai. As a people, male Aiel that could channel were still treated as if this was the time of the sickness on saidin. Stating that Nate could channel could result in some extreme reactions which neither of them likely wished to face.

She moved her hands out before her. Non Far Dareis Mai weren't meant to know Maiden hand-talk, and revealing that she could would incur toh, but it was necessary. The Three Oaths only forbid her from speaking lies, but this wasn't speaking. Claiming Nate was her Warder would grant him the same safe passage she was afforded...

...except her hands wouldn't move. The same intangible force that stopped her tongue from saying the sky was green halted her from signing the words that she was bonded to Nate. She sighed in vexation.

"He comes with me," she stated. "He is my responsibility." Just not in the same way as a Warder was her responsibility.
Image Image Image Image
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Matty » June 7th, 2018, 8:32 pm

Nate Nate didn't feel particularly left out, because he wasn't a part of this group of people and he knew it. They knew it. Everyone knew it. He was content to let this conversation roll over his head because he hadn't picked up Aielspeak in the last day and he wasn't picking it up with Zarayne's diatribe. He was glad for the translation, and he gave a brusque nod to show he was listening.

More handtalk went this way and that, not that it was known to Nate, who felt like a bit of a lump for not knowing but such was the way of things. Zarayne seemed to know what was going on and she insisted he was with her, which made him grin a little in spite of himself. Her responsibility, humm? There was more handtalk (hammer size, whether he was open to the idea of sharing his time with the Aes Sedai, his well turned calves, whether he could come along etc etc) until Sunaan gave a brusque nod. "This way." Apparently as long as he was being looked after by a woman it was fine for him to join them? Nate wasn't too put out by this, he had no objections to being surrounded by lots of women. If he wasn't so busy fighting for justice!!! instead of using his eyes, he would have noticed some of the appraising looks sent his shirtless way, but as it was he looked straight on ahead at where they were going.

They moved surrounded by Aiel. It wasn't an honour guard, it was a walking prison. Nate had no interest in fighting his way out, and this was where they wanted to go, so he went along with it in stoic silence. He didn't want to make things worse by opening his mouth, a rare choice for him but with people he didn't know much about it seemed wise. He had nothing to add that would make things better and he supposed these Wise Ones would have answers for them in time. That was enough to sate the Blue's need for progress with the Tinker situation and so he was the most complacent he had been all day. At least, until they came to a camp (that appeared to shimmer out of nowhere, it was so neatly hidden somehow) and he was told that the Wise Ones would only see Zarayne Sedai, and not Nathaniel Carridus of Mayene.

"Excuse me?" Nate began to gripe, earning some more of that bloody handtalk and some raised eyebrows. Catching himself and taking a deep breath, Nate rolled his eyes and checked his tone. "Fine. I can wait for Zarayne to talk to the Wise Ones. Is there anywhere I can get something to eat or some shade?"

The camp had a few different folk, not all of them were women either. The Maidens had fanned out at this point, though a few including Sunaan kept close by. More hand gestures. Nate gave Zarayne a small smile, "I'll sit tight and wait for you," he said in a low voice. She was sent one way, and he was led elsewhere to a shady, roomy tent with cushions on the ground and a couple of Aiel in white who looked remarkably odd, considering the scars on their faces and the fact that they were placidly offering him wine upon entry. Nate shrugged and took some wine, putting his hammer down to one side and helping himself to a cup of water as well. Then the man plonked down on a sofa for a while and was happy to sit, drink and eat some fruit. At least until a male Aiel popped his head into the tent.

"I see you, Nathaniel Carridus of Mayene," he said. "I am Trex of the Iron Mountain Sept of the Taardad Aiel. May you find water and shade."

"I already have, thanks," Nate said. "Is this meeting going to take a while?" The day was getting on and Nate realised it was starting to get rather cool, a pleasant reprieve from a long day of Gateways and walking.

"Who can say?" the man asked with a mild shrug. Trex had an easygoing smile on his face, long red hair tied neatly back. "Would you join us in the sweat tent to pass the time?"

"In the sweat tent?" Nate repeated.

"You have heard of a sweat tent, no?" Trex asked.

For some reason, Nate decided to say "sure I have. It's a tent. A tent of sweating." He grinned back, "may as well do something as we wait for the women, no?"

---

Nate's yelp of "what in the Light?" was heard by all the Aiel in the camp as the sun sank behind the sandy horizon. But to his credit, he also went into the sweat tent.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » June 12th, 2018, 9:56 am

Zarayne
The Yellow found her heart jumping in her chest as she approached the Wise Ones' tent. Frightfulness, anxiety, fear: she couldn't differentiate or determine what her body was telling her. She focused on placing one foot before the other until it came time to bow her head under the awning and step inside.

There were seven women inside beyond herself, and four gai'shain. Zarayne dipped her head low, unsure precisely of how to act before these women. She took a hold of her skirts, and took a seat near the entrance, facing the seven Wise Ones. The gazes directed her way made her feel like a novice again, even though the looks ranged from open friendliness to cool indifference.

"I see you, Wise Ones," Zarayne began. "I am Zarayne Sedai of the Grey Tower. My mother wa--

"Your mother is Sinead of the Chumai Taardad Aiel." The Wise One that interjected had a sharp tongue and sharp blue eyes. There was an insinuation in her tone, although Zarayne didn't immediately pick up on it.

"Yes," Zarayne replied. "I was raised outside the Three-fold Land. I claim no clan or sept."

"As well you hadn't." This was another of the Wise Ones, flaxen-haired with a hawkish nose. "Why are you here, Zarayne Sedai of the Grey Tower? Do you seek to make Aes Sedai out of us?"

Zarayne gave a slight shake of her head. "No, of course not." She frowned. "I am here to find Lost Ones. A Lost caravan was travelling a trail to the north of here when it was ambushed. There were no bodies." She waited for the proverbial penny to drop, but all she received were seven pairs of eyes silently observing her.

"A caravan of Tuatha'an was attacked in the Three-fold Land," she repeated. "Attacked, this far east from the Dragon Wall. It wasn't the work of Treekillers; they wouldn't travel this far, and they would leave the bodies. It can't be the work of Shadowspawn. This is Djevik K'Shar, the Dying Ground, unless something has changed?"

There was a long pause as the Wise Ones consulted one another. This was done simply by the exchanging of looks. After a few moments, the blue-eyed Wise One spoke. "We took the Lost Ones as gai'shain." It was delivered so plainly, it took Zarayne a moment to understand what had been said.

"You can't. They do not follow ji'e'toh. They cannot be made gai'shain."

"You presume to tell us of ji'e'toh, Zarayne of no sept and clan?" The insinuations had transformed into a clear overtone of disdain. "This is Wise Ones' business. Return to your Grey Tower."

Zarayne held her tongue. Wise Ones' business? Since when do the Wise Ones command algai'd'siswai? The answer was never. Wise Ones were purposefully set apart from the politics of the clans and the septs.

Zarayne slowly looked across the faces of the seven women before her before nodding in assent. "I shall return to the Grey Tower. May you find water and shade."
- - - Zarayne waited near the sweat tent. The Wise Ones hadn't sent her packing like Aes Sedai would do to a novice, but she was being watched. The Maidens knew that Zarayne had entered with Nate, and they were waiting for her to leave with him. She rose up from kneeling as he emerged from the tent.

"We're leaving. Please ask no questions until we're a good distance away." Zarayne didn't want to talk with Aiel ears around, and she couldn't afford for them to make a display. If Nate was happy or not with her command, she couldn't tell. His face was flush from the heat of the sweat tent.

The slash of silver light rotated into a square opening in the air. More desert lay beyond. Without pause, Zarayne stepped through, followed by Nate. As the Gateway closed, she turned towards him, placing a hand on his chest to forestall his protests. "Something is wrong. The Wise Ones ordered the attack on the Tuatha'an and took them as gai'shain. It goes against ji'e'toh." Zarayne glanced about. Rhuidean was still visible, just as a cloud of fog on the horizon, but they had to be alone out here.

"I have a number of concerns, but the most pressing is this shift in ji'e'toh. You may not care for it, but this is fundamental to the Aiel. A cultural shift. It may place all travellers in the Three-fold Land at risk." She removed her hand from Nate's chest. "We need to be cautious."
Image Image Image Image

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Matty » June 12th, 2018, 11:53 am

Nate Sweat tents ain't so bad, Nate thought to himself as he spent some time getting cleaned up. It wasn't a bath, but it was quite relaxing in its own way and Nate felt his muscles relaxing in the heat of the tent. He'd need to drink some water after this, sure, but he felt much better, far less stressed, than he did when he first entered.

The Aiel were friendly enough, their conversation was pretty matter of fact and none of them seemed to care about the whole "unclothed" thing. Nate wasn't too fussed either to be fair, and by the time he came to leave, he was feeling much better about the Aiel they were with. Zarayne will be pleased, he thought, me making nice with the Aiel. We'll get answers in no time...

He left the tent, tugging on his trousers as he went. The air was cold in the early evening and he felt the goosebumps prickling his skin. He felt them even more acutely when it turned out Zarayne was sat there waiting for him. "Light!" he swore, but before commenting any further he gauged her tone, and knew she wouldn't be making things up to mess him around. The Mayener squinted down at her, but offered a brusque nod. "Let me dress and get my hammer," he said, both of which were quick tasks. Boots on and hammer on his back, he left his shirt for the time being tucked into his waistband, puzzling at Zarayne's attitude.

He might by physically cooling down, but Zarayne's confirmation of the fate of the Travelling Folk had the opposite effect on his temper. He didn't know or care for the custom, they were taking honest folk as slaves! Had one of them given him wine? Were they in the camp?! Nate was ready to go back and kick their flaming asses. The Aiel were responsible all along and they had channellers... it was starting to make sense and he didn't like it a single bit.

"We need to be cautious?" Nate repeated, his tone incredulous. "We need to kick their asses! What are we doing here, when the Travelling Folk have been taken as slaves in the camp we were just a part of? If this happens to one group it could happen to anyone who travels through and that ain't on at all. They need to be stopped." Nate huffed and dropped his hammer on the sand to his right, pacing to and fro as he contemplated what this meant for his little trip.

He had to stop them somehow. That much was a given. These people didn't deserve to be captured and enslaved. Zarayne was all about the customs and traditions and all that crap but Nate only saw what they had to do. It sounded like they'd done something they shouldn't have. Would other Aiel be enough to deter them from taking in more Tinkers? Possibly, possibly not. Contemplating their options, Nate spoke in a slightly more measured tone, an effort to be a bit more practical about the matter at hand. "If this is something exclusive to this band of Aiel, then maybe other Aiel can hold them to account. If it ain't standard, then they can stamp it out. The other option is stopping them ourselves but I dunno if the Aiel would care for that." The man grunted, "we need to warn anyone travelling the Waste that they are at risk, until we know more. We need more answers, and I dunno where to get them from. We need some other Aiel to talk to that won't do the same thing, right?"

"If something's wrong, then I'm here to make it right. I ain't Aiel, but I know when something's wrong, and this is wrong. I wouldn't be doing my duty if I ignored this, and I don't care if I'm breaking some Aiel traditions." The sand was growing cold, quickly, with the onset of the evening. "Tell me about Rhuidean. Are there Aiel there that we can meet and talk to? They might be the closest that we can find. I don't think we should run into Sunaan and those Aiel again."

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » June 12th, 2018, 12:34 pm

Zarayne
Night was beginning to settle in. The light, airy cloth of the cadin'sor began to hold in the day's heat, keeping Zarayne warm as the sands cooled. She touched her shoufa, considering Nate's various suggestions. 'Kicking asses' was not going to work; she had to suppress rolling her eyes when that suggestion passed his lips. He wouldn't get within fifty paces of the Wise Ones' tents if anyone knew his motives, and there would be hundreds of spears rallied against him. If this was a cultural shift handed down from the Wise Ones, then all of the Wise Ones would be aware. Dreamwalkers were prevalent in the Three-fold Land, allowing them more effective communication amongst themselves than any other people or nation, including the Grey Tower.

But if this is just the reasoning of these Wise Ones... It had happened before. The Lost Ones followed a different path, as did the clan that is not. Zarayne frowned at the sands, puzzled and concerned. Philosophy and anthropology were outside her spheres of expertise, but she would have appreciated the insight from a Brown and a White right about now. She felt woefully unprepared for this and unwilling to act unilaterally. Of course, this all had to be in opposition to Nate's 'let's sort things ourselves' attitude. Returning to the Grey Tower for insight was the correct thing to do, but she had to bite her tongue to hold off that suggestion.

"I did not see any Tuatha'an gai'shain in the camp. They could be anywhere in the Waste now." She crouched down in the sands, sitting her script across her knees. "We could try to find more Wise Ones, or find a Clan Chief, but that may place us in danger. If Tuatha'an can be taken as gai'shain, so too may Asha'man and Aes Sedai. There's no way of telling.

"As for Rhuidean..." She tilted her head towards the foggy dome on the horizon. "Prospective Wise Ones and Clan Chiefs are sent within to prove themselves. No others may enter. The secrets of the Aiel are contained within, as I understand it. If there are any Aiel in the city itself, they would be honour-bound to kill you as an outsider. Even I cannot enter within the permission of the Wise Ones, and that is not a permission I shall be granted."

Zarayne rose up to her full height, adjusting her cadin'sor as she straightened. "There are only two of us. I am doubtful we can make any meaningful difference alone."
Image Image Image Image

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Matty » June 13th, 2018, 5:25 pm

Nate The Blue's lip curled in a part sneer at the implication that they could be taken as gay-shane or whatever they were called. As if that was a reason enough to still their hand! Nate had no such fears, they could try and take him as a slave if they wanted and he would just kick all their asses. Wise Women, Clan Chiefs, random maidens, anyone who was in the wrong. How could Zarayne seriously consider something as unimportant as her own wellbeing when there were Travelling Folk somewhere in the Waste that needed their help?

Frustrated, Nate turned his back on the Yellow, understanding more why they were that colour. Yellow like their damn bellies.

"Nobody ever made a difference by not doing anything," Nate told the sand in front of him softly.

Then he fell quiet, mostly so he could put his clothes back on properly. He was starting to feel pretty chilly now, and as much as he hated to admit it, there might not be anything the pair of them could do at that exact moment. As much as Nate wanted to go somewhere, do something, then BAM free all the Tinkers, as it was they needed more time. It didn't please the Blue at all, and he turned reluctantly, almost like a child caught stealing apples. "Do you have an idea of what we do need then, if not just the two of us? Another ten Yellows? A hundred? Five hundred? If we do nothing then it makes no difference; you can't divide by zero." The Blue picked his hammer back up and looked at the fog that was supposed to be this mystical Rhuidean.

The Aiel, he realised, were just as bad as the Grey Tower. They had their own customs, and they expected you to adhere to them. Then when they changed, you had to deal with that as well. But it was always on their terms. Other people calling the shots when they had no right to, there was just more of them and they made the most noise. Well! Nate might only be one person but that had never put him off before. "They can't have it both ways. Changing things for the Travelling folk but not letting people in their bloody stupid city. It's probably a pile of rubbish anyway. Yeah, I bet they're actually embarrassed because it sucks, and they don't want any of us to find out." It wasn't true and Nate knew it, but he wasn't Oathsworn and saying it did make him feel a little better. "Do you enjoy being told what you can and can't do all the time? You can't go in the tent, you can't go in Rhuidean, you can't leave the Tower, blah blah bloody blah. I don't care if it's just us two! If I didn't do something just because some random person whose opinion meant nothing, said I couldn't, then I would never get anything done. Are we going to seriously listen to these Wise Ones and wait for their permission, when they don't deserve it? They lost that right when they attacked innocent travellers!" There was a stubborn glint in his eye and his shoulders were tense, as if he was ready to spring into action - because he was.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » June 13th, 2018, 6:49 pm

Zarayne
If there ever was a time when Zarayne looked like her father, it was now. She cast a dark glare in Nate's direction. If looks could kill, Nate would have been pinned to the sand by two jade-coloured boar-spears. Your ignorance would be startling if not for the size of your arrogance eclipsing it. She kept the thought to herself, but she sniffed loudly.

"Think of the larger picture," she instructed. "What do you think will occur if you go smashing skulls with your hammer? Do you believe the biggest risk that you run is your own death or the death of the Tuatha'an who were taken?"

She lifted the strap of her script over her head and threw it at Nate's feet. "Take it. You've got twelve clans of Aiel to mete out justice to. The supplies will be useful when you inevitably find yourself at the wrong end of a spear point."

Zarayne knew her outburst was only doing harm, but she'd had enough of Nate's insults against the Tower and against the Aiel. She was accustomed to patients who were receptive to help, not egomaniacs who thought they were the world's saviour.

Her gaze narrowed as her thoughts sharpened. No, it wouldn't do to leave Nate here alone, even if it was what he both deserved and desired. The Tower couldn't risk a war with the Aiel just because one Blue had their hammer up their ass.

"The wise course of action is to return to Hama Valon to seek the assistance of others, or do you think you alone can patrol four million square miles of desert?" Her tone made it very clear what she thought of that suggestion.
Image Image Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik