Hide and Seek (open)

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Hide and Seek (open)

Post by Alianora » September 20th, 2020, 10:00 pm

Kalyan Rihera, Dedicated
Sitting on a bench in the gardens, Kalyan bent his head over the book he was reading. The subjects he chose to study demanded his total concentration, and that had always been easiest for him to do outside. He was, in fact, so focused on his current book, a complex study of common diseases, that he barely noticed when someone spoke to him. He jerked his head up, following the sound, and found himself facing an Asha'man called Edris, a Yellow he'd studied with a few times.

Blinking, Kalyan stood and bowed to the Asha'man. It was only when he'd gotten to his feet that he noticed that the Asha'man was accompanied by his toddler son, Rylan. He'd watched the little boy on an evening or two to give his parents a break, and unlike many of the other Dedicated, found it an enjoyable way to spend his time. He smiled at Rylan, who beamed back at him, then turned his attention back to Edris Asha'man.

"Kalyan, would you mind looking after Rylan for a little while? Apparently I'm needed in the infirmary, but since I'm not scheduled there right now, I don't think I'll be long."

Kalyan nodded. "I can watch him," he agreed. "I can study later."

"Just be sure you do," the blonde Asha'man said cheerfully. Letting go of his son's hand, the Yellow knelt down to look at his little boy.
"I have to go to work," he said. "Can you be good and stay here with Dedicated Kalyan while I'm gone?"

"I be good!" Rylan said, and came over to curl his fingers around Kalyan's. The Asha'man left, and Kalyan looked down at the little boy. "What shall we do while your daddy's working?" he asked.

"Wanna hide!" said Rylan. "And you find me."

"We can play that game," said Kalyan, "but we can't play here." With the little boy's hand still in his, Kalyan picked up his book and led the child to a smaller, gated area of the garden that was lined with hedges on all four sides. It wasn't a large space, but had more than enough places for someone Rylan's size to hide. He set the book down by the entrance, and Rylan tugged on his hand. Kalyan smiled down at the toddler. "Remember, we stay inside the gate to hide," he said. He'd brought Rylan here before, and knew the little boy could follow that rule. Closing his eyes, he let go of the small hand.

"Better go hide," he said with a laugh. "I'm coming to find you!" He counted to ten, waited a few more moments, then set out to find Rylan. The little boy had favorite hiding places behind the hedges at the back, and Kalyan checked those first, but Rylan wasn't there this time.

"Oh no," he said so the child could hear him."I wonder where Rylan could be?" That usually got Rylan giggling, but today, Kalyan didn't hear anything. After looking behind each of the hedges, with no sign of Rylan, Kalyan was beginning to get a little worried. He looked around a little longer before giving up and calling, "You can come out now, Rylan! You hid so well I couldn't find you!" He waited, turning his head to look around him, but the child didn't appear. As he was studying his surroundings, Kalyan's attention was caught by the gate at the entrance.

It swung back and forth on its hinges; he had forgotten to close it behind them. Kalyan winced as he realized that the child must have left through the open gate. The rest of the gardens lay beyond it, and that meant Rylan could have gone just about anywhere on the Tower grounds. Wincing, Kalyan hurried from the gated area at a near run, trying not to panic. There were plenty of other people out at this time of day, and his only hope was that someone had noticed the little boy wandering before he could get too far away.

Felix
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Felix Kal'Sarak - Dedicated
SC: Artur Baeyn - Drin'far'ji

Re: Hide and Seek (open)

Post by Felix » March 12th, 2021, 6:49 pm

Felix Kal'Sarak
Scattered clouds drifted across a blue sky, the sun shone bright. Moderate temperatures with a light breeze. A perfect day to wander the tower gardens with a book.

Dedicated Felix walked along a stone path with flowers scattered around in orderly patterns. Bright green grass and hedges to match. Everything so full of life. He barely registered his surroundings as he walked though. Instead his eyes were glued to a book on borderland combat tactics he had been recommended to read by his tactics instructor.

Some part of his brain registered a giggle of someone as they ran past him. He looked up from his book, the picture of confusion. As one accustomed to being aware of everything around, the uncertainty of being so focused and that all falling away was disorienting.

With a few calming breaths Felix glanced around at his environs, attempting to locate the source of giggles. I'm in the gardens not back home. The sound was probably just a kid playing.Even years of being in the relative safety of the grey tower didnt erase worries from growing up in the borderlands and the dangers it holds.

He mentally shook off the worry that confusion brought on and continued to walk the way he was headed before. He stayed more aware of his surroundings as he reopened his book and attempted to find the place he left off.

A flicker of black fabric appeared in his peripheral vision and he looked up to see another dedicated heading towards him in haste. "Whats wrong?" Felix asked in concern.
Image To exist is to change; to change is to mature; to mature is to create oneself endlessly. -Henri Bergson- [Tracker Thread]

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: Hide and Seek (open)

Post by Alianora » March 20th, 2021, 9:41 pm

Kalyan
Kalyan had hoped Rylan hadn't had time to get too far away, but as his eyes scanned the area around him, he saw no sign of the little boy. What he did see was a large number of tall trees and wide bushes, perfect for a child to hide behind. He moved as quickly as he could through the area, checking behind every one of them and finding nothing. The Tower's garden, never a small space, suddenly felt impossibly vast. Kalyan tried hard not to think about how fast children Rylan's age could move. He could be anywhere. All he could do was keep moving and hope he was headed in the same direction as the toddler.

He tried to hurry, but having to stop and check every potential hiding spot slowed him down. Occasionally, he thought he heard Rylan's laughter, and he tried to follow the sound. He was getting more worried the longer he searched, and he scurried along the paths, barely stopping to glance behind the plants that were large enough to conceal a child. Focused on finding the toddler, at first Kalyan didn't realize the voice he heard was talking to him. When he did, he looked over his shoulder at the speaker, another Dedicated, if one he didn't know.

"I'm looking for the little boy I was watching," Kalyan muttered. While he spoke, he continued to search the garden, looking just about everywhere except at the other man. "Don't suppose you've seen him go by? He's blonde, blue eyed, about up to my knee...and probably running as fast as he could." He was looking at the other man now, but Kalyan bounced on his toes, unable to stand still when he needed to keep looking for the child.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik