Where flowers bloom, so does hope. (Attn: Lou, Dedicated Kuni)

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"
PC: Dreyric Briouse

Where flowers bloom, so does hope. (Attn: Lou, Dedicated Kuni)

Post by -RJ- » July 16th, 2020, 3:05 am

A pair of black boots hurriedly pushed down the grass as the owner of those boots walked quickly along. He had learned in the past that it was not a good idea to be late to invitations to further his education, and he was surely going to stick to that, especially now that he had been Raised. The very idea of it still caused adrenaline to run through him, he just couldn't believe he had finally done it! On the other hand, he had had a lot of confidence in himself too, because if he didn't, who would? Word had slowly circulated that he had a talent with plant-weaving, and it wasn't long before he had received this invitation and it told him to meet the one whom had sent it in the Gardens around ten minutes from the current time. He had started out a bit early just so he would be on time as he did not like the idea of being late.

He paused once he got a few paces into the gardens, and he looked around as he straightened his black jacket, and allowed himself to smile when he heard the song of the birds in the trees. What a calming place. It seemed the sort of place one would go to get away from the hectic pace of every day life and just take a moment to sit back and reflect on things.

He located a nice, large tree and sat down beneath the tree, slowly putting his fingers in the soil on both sides of himself as he waited. He liked to get a feeling for the soil he would be working in, he'd found out, as that helped him decided just how to shape his weaves and what elements to throw in as he did so. His green eyes shifted up to the blue skies and a smile shifted over his lips as he enjoyed the weather of the early afternoon.
Image Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

Re: Where flowers bloom, so does hope. (Attn: Lou, Dedicated Kuni)

Post by Lou » July 17th, 2020, 5:58 am

Dedicated Kuni
Teaching. Bloody teaching. He had known that his punishment would be something like this, but he at least expected class to teach, something where he could simply set an assignment and then settle back behind a desk and wait for it all to be over. He hated teaching, hated speaking to people he did not know. And now he was expected to now help a fellow Dedicated with his Plant-Weaving. He had not known another Dedicated had this skill in the Tower, and he felt like it was diminishing his own speciality somehow. Maybe he was over reacting, but then the Kandori did have that way about him at times.

He arrived in the gardens and looked around, eventually noticing another black clad figure sitting under an oak. He noticed the sword pin at his throat, and it made him touch his own. With a nod to himself, he made his way over, smoothing a hand down the front of his black coat as he did. His hair was in two braids, which reached just passed his collar, though he had no bells in them, as he could not until he was an Asha'man as the uniform would allow it.

"Dedicated Dreyric?" He asked, with hints of his homeland still colouring his voice, giving his speech a lyrical touch. "I am Dedicated Kuni, and I am here to help you with your Plant-Weaving." He spoke as he sat down opposite the other man, his hands resting on his thighs.
Image Image Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » August 13th, 2020, 3:38 am

It was nice to take a little time to one's self, he definitely hadn't been able to do much of that lately, and he had a feeling he had a lot more work ahead of him. He waited, taking in the warm breeze of the afternoon as he did. A few more moments passed then and soon, the dark green eyes of the young man saw the profile of a man approaching. This must be the one that had said that he would be giving him some pointers about plant weaving. Dreyric stood up in a hurry, a grin shifting over his lips before he realized that perhaps appearing too eager and too happy was not something that would be met with very much ease. He didn't stop smiling, but he did try to make it a little less enthiastic as he looked at the newcomer.

"Yes! I am he." He said, grasping his hands together for just a moment, but he quickly dropped them at his sides, as he nodded his head slightly. He thought he could hear a bit of an accent, though he wasn't exactly sure where it had come from. He hadn't done much traveling before the circumstances of his life had managed to bring him here.

"It is good to meet you, Dedicated Kuni." He said, his own voice still quite reminiscent of his own place of origin. He quickly sat back down, a bit of an embarrassed look on his sharp features for just a moment. "That's what I thought. Before he start, I wanted to thank you for offering to help me with this." He said, peering over at him as he crossed his legs.
Image Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » September 28th, 2020, 2:09 pm

Dedicated Kuni
He smiled to much. That was the first thing that Kuni noticed, as he took in the man before him. There was not much difference in age, maybe a few years. Kuni knew he was getting close to taking his test, but still, that was not a thought for this moment. Right now he had to teach. He waited as Dreyric sat and made himself comfortable. It was not necessary to be comfortable, but it was a good place to start nonetheless. He did not move his hands, keeping them on his thighs as the regarded the other man, and taking in a deep breath.

The comment thanking him had made something inside him jolt, and he felt a pang of guilt. It was not by choice, and surely the other man knew that, but he was thanking him anyway. Interesting. "It is nothing, please, I deserve no thanks. Your progress will be thanks enough," he said awkwardly and then licked his lower lip.

"Tell me what it is you can already to." He asked, and then pause looking around the garden they were sat in. "Or in second thoughts, show me." He asked, wanting to see where it was he should start his lessons off, no point going over anything that the other man already knew.
Image Image Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » October 4th, 2020, 4:17 am

Dreyric sometimes wondered if perhaps he came off a little too jovial. He'd had others before tell him or basically tell him in so many words that this was the case. He was being studied in what seemed a serious manner, and Dreyric tried to sober himself, not wanting the other to think he thought this was some sort of joke, because it surely was not. He was quiet as he waited for a response, his eyes downcast for just a moment as he heard the other man take a deep breath.

His eyes shifted back up to Dedicated Kuni when he said no thanks was deserved. Maybe it had been an assignment? Though did one have to accept such things? That was something he didn't know yet, but he was sure he was going to learn. "Alright." He said, not wanting to upset the other.

"Hmm. Okay.." He responded, and concentrated before placing a hand on the ground and slowly shifting weaves into the ground, similar to the way he'd done it before. Soon, a few more flowers from a far off group of them began to sprout and lead a path towards them. He continued, and removed his hand once the last flower had come up right near them. He looked at his handiwork, and then back at the other, his brows furrowed a little.
Image Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » October 5th, 2020, 11:54 am

Dedicated Kuni
Kuni watched as the man's face seemed to lose some of its joviality, and he felt a pang of shame. It was not this Dedicated fault that they had both been born with this gift, and that he had been asked to help train him in such thing. Truly the two of them should become friends, they should learn how they could work together so when the Last Battle came (if in their lifetime) then they could fight side by side and use their gifts (which some claimed were useless) to help defeat the shadowspawn. He was no Green aspirant, and never would be, but he knew that when the Last Battle came, it would not matter. Even for a Blue Aspirant like himself.

He told Dreyric to show him what he could do, and he watched as a carpet of flowers began to front up. It was impressive, and he was further along than he had thought. He nodded his head, and offered a rare smile, hoping to repair some of the damage his usually blunt personality had wrecked. He really needed to think before he spoke, and check his face more. But you did not see many Asha'men smiling, and he was trying so hard to emulate them.

"That was impressive." He told the other man, and then paused as he tried to pick his words carefully. "But, while impressive, it is not overly helpful unless you are trying to woo a girl who likes flowers." He gave a small smile, hoping to take the sting out of his words. "Have you thought of the different applications where your gift could be used to help people or even in a fight with shadowspawn?" He asked, thinking of a few demonstrations he could show him, but wanting to know how he thought his gift could be best used in the Grey Tower and outside.
Image Image Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » October 13th, 2020, 5:11 am

Dreyric tried to remain silent after he had fulfilled the request of his instructor. He knew that would be the best choice, as he didn't want to annoy the other highly. He found his curiosity didn't want to let him choose this course of action though, and after a few moments, he asked, still sounding cautious, but personable nonetheless, "How long have you been here?" He thought that was a safe enough question and not too prying. He thought it was interesting that there was another that had this talent, as he hadn't thought it was common, but then again, he didn't really know that much about it.

Those dark green eyes of his widened slightly when he saw that his efforts had made a smile shift over the other's features. That was a good sign, wasn't it? He felt a tinge of hope when he went on to observe that he thought that his demonstration was impressive, and his eyes lit up slightly now as he processed what he had just been told.

That next comment brought a bit of color to Dreyric's cheeks, though he did not explain why this might be, instead he just cleared his throat somewhat awkwardly. "Well, I've helped a friend of mine revitalize her withered garden, so I think I could do it with other crops that might otherwise die. That's more of a practical application of this talent, I think.." He said, looking as though he was thinking, for a moment. "I'm not sure how it could apply in a fight, though." He said, tilting his head to the side. "I guess I never really thought about that."
Image Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » November 10th, 2020, 10:20 am

Dedicated Kuni
Kuni watched the younger man before him, and wondered how some people ever managed to have such easy manners and bright smiles. He had never been able to be such, and since coming here, it had gotten worse. He knew that others spoke of him, calling him dower and moody, but he simply had no idea of how to be any any other way now. And sitting before Dreyric now, he wished he was one that could easily converse, smile and laugh, but alas, he was not.

The question caught him unawares, and he rubbed his hands together, not from cold but from awkwardness. "Almost ten years," he said, and looked down at his hands. He had no idea if that made him privileged or to be pitied, he guessed it depended on what Dreyric thought. Some were here longer, and some were here shorter times before they were granted both pins. He did not look up into the other man's eyes now, he did not want to see pity there, pity or anything else. Life here could he hard enough as it was.

He spoke of how their talent could be used in a fight, or used to feed the poor, or in other ways, and he noticed a colour righe in the other mans cheeks. He had not meant to make him feel any discomfort, he had simply pointed out how he could be expected to use his talent, especially when the Last Battle arrived. He nodded his head as Dreyric spoke of crops, and then moved to stand. "I can show you," he offered the other man his hand in aid to get up, and then slowly moved to a large oak some way off. There was only grass around the oak, so it made the perfect tree to use. "Here, if an enemy is charging from that direction..." He pointed as he laid a hand onto the oaks trunk, and then seized saidin and began to urge the Oak to grow its roots. It took a moment but soon the roots burst through the grass, gnarled and tangled, and obviously would be enough to trip and hold any horse, man or trollock that was in its path. "See?"
Image Image Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » November 28th, 2020, 9:03 pm

Almost ten years, he'd said. He felt a bit of relief that he'd answered at all, he'd been a little worried that perhaps the question had been too intrusive to answer. He did notice how he rubbed his hands together, and peered down at him instead of looking at him when he did answer. That was quite a long time! At least, to him it was, but he was young and he was aware that in this world, that it probably wasn't all that long. The Source did something to people's aging, enabling them to live longer then if they'd been without it, so that was probably a drop in the bucket around here. He thought about that for a moment, and he nodded, deciding he'd best be careful about how he commented about that. "I'll bet you've learned a lot then!" He said, deciding that was probably a safe comment. He had to get used to thinking before he just broadcasted what ever was on his mind.

Then he began to give instruction about how this talent could indeed be used in a fight, or to give the needy something to eat. There were other ways mentioned too, ways that he'd never even thought of. That wasn't unusual, he supposed. He'd been scolded before about not applying concepts he'd learned in the proper way. He listened closely so he could absorb what he was telling him. He assumed that he'd probably done some of these things in fights himself, and he peered over at him with a look of admiration for a moment. "I'll work hard so I can develop my talent enough to be able to do those things." He then told him.

He looked eager once more when Kuni said that he could demonstrate. It was easier for him to learn after seeing demonstrations, and plus he found them exciting to see as well, so he reached out his hand and got up in a nimble way, seeming ready to go. He followed him to the oak he appeared to be heading to, and studied the tree, noticing there was only some grass around the oak. He watched, and his eyes widened slightly when he saw that the roots were indeed coming up through the grass and would be more than enough to trip up someone that was unaware of this that would be approaching quickly. "I see what you mean!" He said, and peered up at the tree, looking thoughtful. "Is it possible to make the tree move if you're close enough to it? Like reach out with its branches or anything like that?" He now wondered.
Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik