Putting Down Roots (Attn Isla)

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: Putting Down Roots (Attn Isla)

Post by Alianora » July 5th, 2020, 10:01 pm

Dedicated Kalyan
When the Aes Sedai spoke, Kalyan let out a sigh of relief. Her answer was more detailed than he had thought it might be, and he appreciated learning how someone else had found her way. He looked up at the Yellow sister and nodded. "Thank you for sharing that with me, Isla Sedai," he said. "It helps to know not everyone feels that calling to a single Ajah. A lot of my friends say they do, but I haven't, at least not yet." The Dedicated shrugged and explained,"I've been studying with and learning about three different Ajahs that all interest me, but I'm not drawn to one over the other. I think I could be happy in any of them, but of course, I have to choose one."

He looked to the left, towards the plants and in the general direction of the infirmary, thinking of something a couple of his instructors had told him. He'd thought it odd at the time, and still did, since neither was Yellow Ajah like the woman standing before him. Blinking, Kalyan said, "I've also been told during some unrelated lessons that I should think about the Yellow, because I've shown a little Talent in Healing. I am considering it, and I've been working with one of the Yellow brothers, but it seems like a bad idea to decide solely based on any Talent I might have. It's not even uncommon, and I'm pretty sure there are Healers in other Ajahs."

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » July 11th, 2020, 9:24 pm

"There are," she agreed as she sat back a little, contemplative. "But only those with minor or moderate skill. If you show considerable innate talent, you aren't likely to escape the Yellow." Isla offered a small smile. "But there are also those in the Yellow that are not necessarily the most skilled at the weaves. As you can see--"

She gestured at the gardens again. "--it is important to keep non-channeling means of healing available and be skilled in them. We are keen in the study of herbcraft and what can be made from it, as well as knowing how to bandage and splint, set a bone by hand, and so on. We even have a Yellow or two who specializes in the care of animals rather than people."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 16th, 2020, 12:50 am

Dedicated Kalyan
Kalyan knew that the Yellow Ajah didn't focus solely on Healing with the One Power. The plants he still studied were proof enough of that. He had assumed, however, that all Yellows were among the best when it came to Healing weaves, and it surprised him when Isla Sedai mentioned that that wasn't always true. The Dedicated turned his head towards her and looked up.

"I've learned that not every illness or injury requires Healing with the One Power," Kalyan admitted, "but I thought all Yellows would have to have a strong Talent for it." From what Isla Sedai had just said, he guessed he had been wrong to think so. He frowned, dropping his head to look down at the grass and the herbs that grew nearby. He thought for a while before asking curiously, "If some Yellows have less ability with Healing, are there any who have no Talent at all?" Having already shown some Talent with it, he knew he wouldn't be one of those if he chose the Yellow, but the Dedicated still found it an interesting question. As he spoke, Kalyan turned his attention back to the Yellow sister, wanting to demonstrate that he was listening to everything she said.

Bella

Post by Bella » July 16th, 2020, 5:25 pm

Isla felt that she already knew the answer, but he was asking reasonable questions and demonstrating a desire to learn so she wanted to honor that desire by giving her best answers. She thought it through, then shook her head. "As far as I am aware, no Yellow has no ability at all with the weaves. We all need some ability, but some are not necessarily born with the talent. They learn it.

"It's not necessary to have the inborn Talent for Healing to be a Yellow," she summarized, "but to be in the Ajah, you are expected to put in some time to learn the weaves."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 19th, 2020, 12:42 am

Dedicated Kalyan
Kalyan kept his eyes on Isla Sedai, nodding as he mentally revised some of his incorrect assumptions about the Yellow Ajah. He had honestly thought all of them would possess a strong natural Healing ability, and was a little surprised to learn they did not. It seemed that the Yellows were more of a diverse group of people than he'd thought they would be. The Dedicated blinked, then his eyes moved to take in the garden around them as he thought.

His thoughts left him with more questions about the men and women who made up the Ajah. He could understand why every Yellow had to learn the weave for Healing, but Kalyan couldn't help wondering why someone with little or no Talent for it would choose the Yellow over any of the others. There was always plenty of work to be done that didn't require an expert in Healing, and he knew from the few lessons he'd had in the infirmary that it was possible to spend an entire productive day there without channeling once. Still, he couldn't understand what the members of the Ajah had in common if it wasn't the Healing Talent as he'd mistakenly believed.

He looked back at the Yellow sister again, trying to decide just how to phrase his question. He had no desire to be rude, but Kalyan did want to understand. "So...." he said as he thought. "If it isn't having the Healing Talent that makes someone choose to be Yellow, then what is it? Is there anything that all of you share?"

Bella

Post by Bella » July 24th, 2020, 10:45 pm

Isla smiled easily, warmly. "You don't need a Talent for Healing to be a healer,," she said simply. "What every member of the Yellow Ajah has in comment is that we want to help people by taking care of them. We want to heal their hurts, whether they are channelers, non-channelers, or animals. Even nature." She waved at the gardens around them.

"Every Ajah helps people in some way, in their own way, because it it was the Grey Tower is. We are servants of all. But the Yellow wants to do it through fixing and enhancing the well-being of others. We create and heal. By any means at our disposal, that we are suited to. It does not require a Talent for the weaves to help heal people."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » August 1st, 2020, 1:09 am

Dedicated Kalyan
What Isla Sedai said made sense to Kalyan, who nodded politely. "I think my knowledge of the Yellow has been much more limited than I realized," he admitted. While he was glad to have learned differently, the Dedicated couldn't help wondering if his impressions of other Ajah were similarly flawed. He thought he might have to address the issue with members of other Ajahs, sometime on a different day. "Thank you for being patient with my questions," he told the Aes Sedai. The answers had given him much to think about, and Kalyan knew he still had a lot to learn.

He directed a slightly guilty glance towards the plants he'd been working with earlier. There was no visible difference to his sight, and wouldn't be, but Kalyan had the feeling that there was still quite a lot of work ahead of him if he wanted to see the plants thriving. "I should probably get back to the plants, if you don't mind," he said as he studied them, knowing better than to turn away from an Aes Sedai before he'd been dismissed.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik