First Lessons [attn: Bella / Isla]

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

First Lessons [attn: Bella / Isla]

Post by Lou » September 30th, 2019, 3:45 pm

It was so strange to be here, in the Grey Tower, the bastion of the One Power, the forces that were against the Dark One and his minions. She still did not really believe that she had the chance to be a Aes Sedai, but according to those wiser than she, she did. She had yet touched Saidar, the female half of the One Power, but she hoped that today that would change. She was going to have her first One Power lesson, and with an Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah. She was glad that it was not someone from the Green or the Red, they just seemed a little too violent to her. She knew that was hypocritical of her, after what she had done, but she had only done that to save the children, though of course she was told that the Ajahs only used the One Power to defend themselves and others. But still, hearing that one of them was called the Battle Ajah did still give her pause.

Dressed in her Novice whites (after changing because she had spent the morning scrubbing pots after breakfast) with her hair pulled back into a neat braid, she made her way to the Herb Gardens where she had been told to meet Isla Sedai, of the Yellow Ajah. The further she walked into the herb gardens the more she started to relax, the tension draining from her shoulders. She loved the scent of mint, basil, sage, thyme. It drifted in the air around them, the warm Autumn sun shining down. There were still some bees buzzing from plant to plant, and Tala smiled to see them, not disturbing them, letting them do their busy bee business.

She reached the small clearing after a collection of lemon mint bushes, and she saw she had arrived first. She stood to one side, unsure to sit yet, or to wait until Isla Sedai arrived. It was hard to guess how she would be, though she simply hoped that the woman would be patient, if not more than a little understanding.
Image Image Image

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: First Lessons [attn: Bella / Isla]

Post by Bella » October 10th, 2019, 1:28 pm

The Grey Tower's newest daughter did not have long to wait.

Isla Sedai arrived in the garden just a few moments after Talaitha. Today, she was wearing a simple dress of pale yellow, although she had left the apron she wore when working the infirmary back in the infirmary...which was where she would be heading right back to after she was finished here, of course.

"Good morning," the Yellow said with a small smile as she walked into the clearing and saw the young woman in Novice white. "You must be Talaitha?"

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » October 10th, 2019, 1:49 pm

The sound of soft footfalls on grass made Tala turn around, and she say a woman in pale yellow coming towards her. She smiled, she could hardly help it, the woman was beautiful after all. Would I look that beautiful when I am an Aes Sedai she idly wondered before she dropped into a curtsy as she had been shown on her first day. She was nothing if not polite after all. Her hands were grasped at her waist, and she looked up into the womans dark eyes as she was addressed. She was such a picture of serene perfectness, that Tala felt like some bumpkin that had been pulled off the side of the road, though truly the truth was not that much far from that.

"Yes Aes Sedai, I am Talaitha." She told the woman as she bobbed another curtsy, unsure of how formal to be with the woman one on one. She knew she would be teaching her to touch the One Power, but still did not think she could relax in the other womans presence. Not fully anyway.
Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » October 10th, 2019, 2:26 pm

Isla inclined her head slightly in greeting. She knew there were ranks to uphold and observe, but she wasn't one to go so far as to be cold or haughty. "As you know, I am Isla Sedai. I am pleased to meet you." She gestured to the plain wooden bench that adorned the near side of the garden for them to sit.

Once they had, she continued. "Today, we'll be working on teaching you to touch the One Power. First, I would like to know a little about you, as that may help me to help you."

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » October 11th, 2019, 1:46 pm

Tala watched as the woman before her inclined her head, and Tala smiled a little more, feeling emboldened by the womans less than stiff behaviour. There was no looking down her nose at Tala or frosty reception, and that had to be a good sign for the lesson, or at least Tala was hoping such. Offering a smile, she moved to the bench and waited for Isla Sedai to be seated before she moved to join her. She smoothed out her white skirts, and laced her fingers together as she took in the woman next to her.

"About me?" She asked, not sure why the woman wanted to know about her. Her life was unremarkable, except for the incident that had gotten her to be known as Lost to her people.

"Well, I was born to The People, the Tuatha'an. Until I was left behind when I killed someone in defence of a child." She added, trying to speak of it as drily as she could, though she was hiding her emotions. "I love to dance, and sing, Autumn and to cook. I like lemons, and the scent of rose and basil." She paused, and then shrugged, "What more would you like to know, Isla Sedai?"
Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » October 16th, 2019, 4:37 pm

Some of those answers were fairly typical of the sorts of things people said when asked that question...and some weren't. Those that weren't amused Isla, and she smiled. "If you like those scents, you may have a destiny in the Yellow Ajah," she said lightly. "Particularly the lemon. There are some cleaning items that smell as such in the infirmary.

"It is a hard thing for those of your people to end up here, I know," she said. Maybe harder than being a former Whitecloak? she wondered, but she didn't say that part aloud. "When I first came here, I knew little of this place. I came to learn that the One Power is not just about fighting and destruction. It heals, mends, builds, and creates."

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » October 17th, 2019, 8:41 am

Tala could see that the woman before her looked amused, and she hoped that was a good sign. She chewed the inside of her lower lip, and smiled a little as Isla spoke of her possibly having a future in the Yellow Ajah. That pleased Tala, from what she had learned so far, she was pulled towards the Yellow or the Grey. Both seemed the most suited to non-combative, and both helped people. She just did not think she could fight anyone, not unless she had to, even now. "Thank you, Isla Sedai, I shall take that into consideration." She smiled to the other woman, and nobbled her lower lip.

When Isla spoke of understanding how hard it was for Tala, she nodded her head. Most did not understand the way of the leaf, which was fine, but some Novices had been down right cruel about it since she had arrived. She was putting up with it, but she was finding it hard to keep her temper. "I was also surprised to hear that, after all the stories and tales, but I like the idea of using the One Power to help people, either by sorting out issues between Houses or Nations, or by healing people." She told the Aes Sedai, "Not that I am thinking of an Ajah yet, as I know that is against the rules." She said quickly, hoping that Isla Sedai would not tell her off.
Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » October 21st, 2019, 9:14 pm

Like any of us could help it, Isla thought wryly. She did not speak the thought, since as Aes Sedai she had to uphold the rules and present an example, but she thought it was a pretty silly rule...

"Of course," she said with an understanding expression. "It is alright to think about all the ways that the One Power works, and how you might use it, though." She offered a slight wave. "Which is how we end up here. Now, you said that you were forced to leave your people because of your defense of a child. Was that with the One Power? Have you touched it on your own in any way or not at all?"

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » October 25th, 2019, 1:19 pm

Tala looked at the Aes Sedai as she spoke, and had no idea if the woman did indeed understand and feel how she felt, ir if it was just something she was saying to make her feel better. She tried to remember all Aes Sedai had been girls like her once, full of fears and emotions, but truly, when she looked into their ageless faces, it was hard to remember such a thing. She smoothed her skirts, a habit that showed she was nervous and she disliked it.

When Isla Sedai asked how she had left her people, and Tala felt tears in her eyes as she looked away. "No, Isla Sedai, I killed someone with a knife. I do not think I have ever touched the True Source, not that I know of." She told her, hoping she did not think of her that she had killed someone. She was not a murderer, no matter what her Father had said, she had simply been trying to save a child's life.

"Do-do you think less of me now?" She asked the woman, sure she would, as she was Yellow Ajah, and she healed and saved people. How could she condone what Tala had done?
Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » October 29th, 2019, 2:11 am

"Not at all," Isla replied without hesitation. If this girl knew just a shred of what Isla's life had been before she came to this place... She offered a faint but sincere smile as she repeated, "Not at all."

Here, she took a slow breath and straightened her back a little, brushing a pair of errant curls behind her ear. "Well, if you are to be a Novice here, then you will need to learn how to embrace Saidar. If you were brought to Novice whites, it means that you were tested and found capable of doing so.

"It is something that when you look for it, you should find. Feel. A something just outside of yourself, but it calls to you. Women much embrace it, surrender to it, to use it." She thought back to her early days and lessons, but she had been so...muddled in her mind back then that she could hardly remember. "Close your eyes. Relax. Breathe deep. What do you feel?"

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik