New Paths (Attn:Bella)

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Lugh
MoNSTer

Re: New Paths (Attn:Bella)

Post by Lugh » May 17th, 2018, 12:41 am

Beron
Beron stood with Isla, his cheeks filling with warmth as he watched her bright blue eyes gaze at him. He could feel his breath quicken, and knew from the subtle rise of her chest that she was catching her breath too. The thought was fleeting, here and then gone as he felt emotions swirling.

"I would like to go to Hama Valon with you," Isla said as she stepped backwards for a moment. Beron could feel his excitement as he imagined being able to walk through the streets of Hama Valon, with Isla for company.

"I didn't really grow up with much by way of decorations in my living spaces, so it doesn't...you know...come naturally to me, one could say," Isla said, her thoughts coming out as a jumble, and Beron realized that he had missed part of what she had said in his idle thoughts.

"Do...do you plan to? Now that you are Ji?" She asked, and Beron nodded as he smiled. “Well we had made plans once, and now it is much easier with both of us being able to use our free time in Hama Valon.”

Beron looked at Isla, chewing his lip in thought before he realized what he wanted to say. Light my thoughts are like kid goats in a new pasture today, thought Beron to himself as he found the words.

“I guess after my Test, I realized that I had approached the Grey Tower like an army recruit. I kind of expected to move right from the dorm, into whatever Ajah quarters my bondmate had, or be stationed at the Citadel. But I think I like the idea of planning something that is mine.”
Pausing, Beron grasped Isla’s hand, holding it gently and running his finger over the scars that rested there.

“I see now that this is my home. Saldaea will always be special, but I feel made new here. I know now that a life can be made here, not just a weapon. And when I think of that, I think of this...” Beron finished softly as he kissed Isla. Her body tensing made him pause, and so he kept the kiss light and soft; instead of pressing her he stroked her hair and finished the kiss.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » May 19th, 2018, 7:27 pm

It seemed like the entire world, if just for a moment, came to a complete stop.

As they had been talking, Isla had been distracted his how close he was. And then he touched her hand. And her scars. There were only a few that escaped her sleeves, but the contact almost made her pull her hand away in embarrassment. But she didn't. He didn't see to find censure for them. It just...was.

Then his head was coming closer, and it took her a moment to realize his intent. She stopped breathing. Her heart skipped a beat. As his lips touched hers, her body tensed for a moment just from surprise.

This was the first time Isla had ever been kissed.

Her mind race for an instant before silencing completely. She leaned slightly into him, very slightly, but she did. The feeling was strange, and sweet. And frightening on some level she didn't completely understand, but it wasn't...a bad fear. If that was possible.

When he pulled back, she looked up at him with her eyes wide. The girl had to remind herself to breathe, and she took a sudden breath. "I..." she began, but then she stopped. She didn't really know what she had been about to say. The word had popped up unbidden, but no other words followed.

What happened next surprised her even more.

She rose onto her toes and kissed him again--light, uncertain of what she was doing, but certain at least in that she was doing so.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » May 20th, 2018, 3:47 am

Beron
Beron had felt his heart beat when he seized upon the nerve to kiss Isla, to finally give a sort of action to the feelings he had been feeling build inside of him. And as he stroked her hair, finishing their first soft kiss he could feel her tense. Pulling apart for a moment, he gazed at her with questions brimming in his eyes; and a terrible fear that he had crossed a line.

"I..." she began, but then she stopped. Beron was torn a hundred directions in an instant, his mind worried that perhaps he had overstepped. He had been raised in Saldaea, a women there could kiss a man and pull a knife for his audacity, or she could pull a knife for not being kissed when she wanted. And so when Isla rose onto her toes and kissed him again, the garden seemed frozen in time.

Her hair was soft in his hands, her curls an invitation to run his fingers through it. And with her kiss in return, as soft and gentle at his first; Beron allowed the fear that had been bubbling in him to subside. He didn't know what all he felt for Isla, but he knew this was no summer's kiss. This wasn't a kiss you stole quickly behind the market stand, or on a moonlit evening to him it was something stronger. And that thrilled and terrified in a way he hadn't felt before, her lips on his soft and tender. Almost on it's own volition, his hand slid down from her hair, sliding down the banded dress she wore and into the small of her back. With gentle pressure he pulled their bodies together, meeting her in the kiss and enjoying the warmth of her. She was soft, although he could feel the strength and tone in her back and shoulders as he had caressed her. No shrinking lily was Isla, she had steel in her and in some small part of him he knew that he relied on that steel. No one weak will consider more than a passing fancy with a Ji'val, destined to cross blades with the enemy of the Tower he thought for a moment as they kissed.

He could have been lost in that moment forever, but some instinct that had grown through endless training on the Warder Yard kept alert to the world around them. The telltale scuffle of slippers on gravel, and the chattering voices of two young girls reached his ears, and with a regretful groan he seperated from Isla. He knew the flush on his cheeks, and the signs of his hands having ran through her hair would never have fooled an Aes Sedai or Ashaman, but the look he gave the Novices sent them running down the path with little thought beyond avoiding an annoyed midrank.

Turning to Isla, he collected the books she had dropped in her surprise at his kiss, offering to carry them by tucking them under his arm and holding his hand out for her. "I suppose we were lucky that it was just a pair of Novices. I would stay here for the rest of the day, but maybe we should walk?" Beron said, his voice heavy with regret and a little frustration at the rule he was afraid to break for both of them.

Bella

Post by Bella » May 22nd, 2018, 9:23 pm

"Walk. Yes." She managed to get those two words out, but both were breathless. Isla barely knew what to do with herself, it was like her head was full of fog and the rest of her body was on fire. She had never felt like this before, and she had no idea how to handle it!

She moved to pick up her books, then saw they weren't there. Oh. Right. He had picked them up. "A walk would likely be a good idea," she said quietly, her cheeks flushed an almost violent shade of pink. Was this how it felt for others? Was this how it felt for him? She had lived such a sheltered life, she realized once again. But then, how could it have been elsewise? Her father watched her like a hawk, and she felt like all the men of the unit were her brothers.

Here, it was different. Here was this man...who had kissed her...

As they started their walk, which it was clear both of them weren't thrilled about, she bowed her head slightly and touched her lips. Almost wondering if there would be actual fire there, from how they burned gently everywhere that his lips had touched. They weren't on fire. They were still lips...but they didn't feel like they had before. She didn't feel like she had before. How could one moment, one such simple act, make her feel so...different?

They walked...and she had no idea what to say. Her mind wouldn't leave that clearing.

"I've never been kissed before," she blurted out, wincing immediately at her own idiocy. Just when she thought her cheeks couldn't burn any more, they did.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » May 23rd, 2018, 4:06 am

Beron
“Walk. Yes.”’Isla said as she looked for her books, Beron finally noticing as he drew her attention to the bundle in his arms. He was glad for the distraction, using the time to slow his breathing and try to settle his racing heart.

“A walk would likely be a good idea," she said quietly, and Beron noticed her cheeks flushed an almost violent shade of pink. Her complexion suited the color in her cheeks, and as he looked at her he noticed the blue of her eyes seemed brighter somehow.

The pair started their walk, the silence and companionship both a balm and a temptation to Beron. Light, he was glad the two of them had decided to walk; the paths and Garden served as a reminder that as much as he wanted to ignore it right now, the Tower still surrounded them.

Was this what the gleeman sang of? Was this supposed to feel so freeing, and yet fill him with odd doubts.

Touching his chest, he could almost still feel where she had brushed against him, the heat and softness of her body a vivid memory.

His mind knew the rules were there for a reason. Every dormitory has heard the rumours of Novices sent to the Farm until love faded, Soldiers and Drin buried under chores until they ran away or gave up. Still at this moment it was hard to see how the feelings he felt were ill fated. He felt an almost reckless joy spending time with Isla, though he knew in some ways, Isla would risk more. While he would face the Citadel but could still serve, Isla would lose her chance to learn, to heal...

"I've never been kissed before," she blurted out, and Beron cursed himself for getting so lost in his own worries, that he had fallen silent.

“I’ve never been kissed like that before either,” Beron said with a warm smile and a little regret in his heart, as he thought of youthful kisses given in jest. None had this lingering heat, my lips still feel her, Beron thought to himself. Taking her hand, he kissed the palm softly and held it there for a moment.

Letting her hand go after a few moments, he smiled down at Isla and stopped to hug her, “I am glad to be your first kiss Isla. The day we met, is one I think of often. The music, the lake, I still can picture the blossoms. Even the ones in my hair.”

“I know growing up a soldier you were probably like a sister to the men. It was like that on the farm as well with the many family’s who lived there.” Pausing for a moment, Beron could feel his nerves in his chest so he awkwardly stammered, “I think you’re beautiful, and I hope that in time I can show you that. There is more I would share with you, dancing and music, I...”

For lack of words, and with a storm of emotions in his chest, Beron kissed Isla once more, his caution and the walk forgotten as he saw the emotion and crimson washing through her cheeks.

Bella

Post by Bella » May 25th, 2018, 10:08 pm

Isla's body couldn't seem to decide on whether it was about to melt into a puddle on the ground or grow so light, it would float away like flower petals on a breeze.

What she finally settled on was leaning her body against his, pressing her hands against his chest as she leaned up into his lips. The storm raged on in her head, and in her heart, and oddly, in her stomach as she kissed him, but she couldn't imagine a more incredible moment, or incredible thing to feel.

Until...

Reality crashed in on her. No, it wasn't an Aes Sedai out for a stroll to catch their little interlude. It was worse.

It was the past.

You're lying to him. He's kissed you, come close to you, and you're lying to him about who you are. Who you were.

Suddenly, she broke away with a gasp. Her eyes immediately filled with tears as she looked at him. When she saw the concern in his own gaze, concern for her, it made the pain in her head worse. "I can't..." she whispered.

Beron began to speak, but she held her fingers to his lips.

"I can't until you know me," she said, looking sadder than anyone ever had a right to, but she did anyway. "You should know who I am, or...who I was. And you might hate me. But you should know now."

Stepping back, she took his hand and led him away from the path until there was a large stone. She sat. "I told you I was a soldier," she said, "but I didn't tell you the army I fought under. My father was... Well, I assume he still is..." She took a breath, looking at her hands in shame. "He's a commander of the Children of the Light. I was a Whitecloak. I hunted channelers."

Isla covered her face. She didn't want to see the look on his.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » May 26th, 2018, 6:28 am

Beron
Isla leaning against his chest, her soft lips returning his kiss filled Beron’s world with heat. The flush in his chest matched where he hands lay upon him, and he couldn’t imagine anything better than being here with Isla in the Gardens.

And so he was caught completely by surprise when she laid a finger on his lips. Seeing the pain in her eyes, he tried to speak but fell silent when her eyes pleaded with him. As she pulled away, Beron kept apart from Isla and he nodded and rubbed the small of her back to let her know he was listening.

"I can't until you know me," she said, looking sadder than anyone ever had a right to, but she did anyway. "You should know who I am, or...who I was. And you might hate me. But you should know now."

Stepping back, Isla took his hand and led him away from the path until there was a large stone. She sat. "I told you I was a soldier," she said, "but I didn't tell you the army I fought under. My father was... Well, I assume he still is..." She took a breath, looking at her hands in shame. "He's a commander of the Children of the Light. I was a Whitecloak. I hunted channelers.” Isla then covered her face, her breath heavy with emotion after she finished her confession.

Beron froze, his mind shocked by the words that had come from Isla, when she had stopped their kiss he didn’t understand the pain in her eyes, the sorrow and her words. You might hate me, but you should know now echoed in his mind as he tried to absorb the rest.

He looked at Isla, her hair framing her hands and he could immediately see her blue eyes, full of pain and fear and everything else.. Light she comforted me with the knowledge she had been a soldier, when I’d drawn the blood of a friend, thought Beron as he realized how often Isla must have felt the need to guard her words, to weigh how much she said.

At that moment, with his head and heart in a jumble, Beron looked down at the woman sitting beside him who had risked so much in telling him when she did; and he realized there was no anger. Oh his brain was full of questions, and he could already tell her past had weighed on her, but at his core he knew.

“Isla.” Beron said as he sat on the stone beside her, aching to reach out but afraid he wouldn’t find the words.

Seeing her ring and her banded dress, an answer came to him. Maybe what I went through today will help more than just me. Thank the Light, Beron thought as he grasped her hand that held her Great Serpent ring. “Isla...I don’t hate you, I can’t imagine what it took to tell me...”

Pausing he took a breath and waited until she finally looked up a little from her hands. He felt a stab of sympathy when he saw what looked like tears, and he placed his hand on her ring hand, “No matter what happened in the past, no matter what shadows or guilt you wrestle with, I know in my gut that there is no way you harbour the teachings of the Children anymore. No one who did could bear the ring and dress you wear.”

“Isla, you’ve been there when I was down, you told me yourself you want to learn to Heal, to use the One Power to build not ruin. I cannot imagine how it felt when you realized you could channel...” Beron stopped then, his hands looking down at the scars that just appeared out of her sleeves. Those flaming monsters!! he thought to himself in a flash of red hot anger.

Taking a breath to calm his anger, he looked at Isla intently, “We can slow down, and you can share anything you feel you want to. You’re past is a part of you, and there may come a day when we stand across the field from men you knew. But I know this, I would stand beside you.”

Beron stopped, afraid the words had poured out of him in a torrent. He still felt anger and questions, and his mind and heart warred over how much he needed to know, but under it all was an affection and budding emotion he couldn’t name.

Bella

Post by Bella » May 26th, 2018, 3:06 pm

He didn't turn on you.

Isla lifted her head and her eyes grew wide with wonder and tears. She heard his words and they moved through her, piece by piece, until they filled her completely. And still, she stared. Some part of her didn't believe it, and yet she did. It took a while for it all to process through her mind, but one thing still remained, screaming loud and clear.

He didn't turn on me.

"When I first channeled," she said, her words soft, seeming to come out of a haze she was not wrapped in, "it was during a battle. I wanted to protect my brothers from..." Here, she laughed mirthlessly. "...from who I now know what a Grey Tower channeler. I wasn't very effective, but it was what made it happen.

"But once it happened..." Without thinking, she put her other hand over his and gripped it gently. "They turned on me. They arrested me. They put me in the dungeon. They beat me. They tortured me. My...brothers... They didn't believe I didn't know. They wanted to know how long I'd been doing it. What things I'd done to them, to my own father...

"They wanted to know about other channelers. Where they were and what they knew. And my father--" She choked on the word a little here, but kept going. "--allowed it, for a time. Until he couldn't and helped me escape. Told me to come here, and hide here. And once I was here, I learned how wrong I'd been...all my life..."

The tears streamed freely down her cheeks now. He was the first person she had willingly confessed to, and he was still here.

He didn't turn on me.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » May 27th, 2018, 3:40 am

Beron
Rage. Pure crimson, blood red rage rolled over Beron as he listened to Isla confess the history that had brought her to the Grey Tower. Rage so deep, it felt like a bonfire forced Beron to focus on gently returning Isla’s grip on his hand.

The temptation to fall into the Void, to remove himself from an anger he had never felt before was strong, but as he heard her voice; so soft and her words coming from the fog of the past, Beron would not risk the cold Void affecting him now. Those murderous whoresons, I’ll kill them. How could anyone turn on their own daughter, or sister. Bad enough to turn on a comrade, but to betray your own blood. They deserve to meet the Mother one last time for this, Beron seethed, his Saldaean upbringing appalled by the thought of it all.

"But once it happened..." Isla continued, her voice and sorrow cutting deep into Beron, his concern for her battling the rage. "They turned on me. They arrested me. They put me in the dungeon. They beat me. They tortured me. My...brothers... They didn't believe I didn't know. They wanted to know how long I'd been doing it. What things I'd done to them, to my own father...”

"They wanted to know about other channelers. Where they were and what they knew. And my father--" She choked on the word a little hiccup, but kept going. "--allowed it, for a time. Until he couldn't and helped me escape. Told me to come here, and hide here. And once I was here, I learned how wrong I'd been...all my life..."

The tears streamed freely down her cheeks now. Seeing the tears, Beron slid over on the rock, hugging Isla and allowing her the comfort of his shoulder. As she wet his jacket with her tears, he took a few moments to collect his thoughts, fight down the seething rage. Stroking her hair, he spoke softly, “By the Light you are strong Isla. I cannot imagine what it was like to have men you have known your whole life, blood kin turn on you. That you managed to get to the Grey Tower after torture, that you’ve claimed your ability and begun to build a life...”

Beron shifted their weight, settling his back and body to allow Isla the most comfortable perch that could be managed on the rock. I cannot imagine what she thought of me, shaken and choked up by a training accident. Light, what damage did their torture do? he thought to himself in a rush. He had heard tales of the Whitecloaks and their Questioners, and none of them were something he’d want near someone he loved.

“Isla... I don’t have the words to...” Beron held her close, his heartbeat pounding in his ears, “No one will do that to you again.”

Bella

Post by Bella » May 28th, 2018, 1:28 pm

Isla's head was swimming.

She couldn't recall the last time she had been held when she was upset since she was a very small girl. She had still been fairly young when it was time to 'toughen up' and act like an adult, and not long after that before it was time to learn how to be a soldier. And that meant no crying. No shows of weakness. No comfort.

This was foreign to her, and yet wondrous. Had the rest of the world known what this was like all this time? It felt as though some great secret had been revealed to her.

When the tears finally slowed, she pulled back a little. Oh, no mistake, she did not leave the circle of his arms--if she had a choice, she might just never leave--but she did want to look up into his eyes. She knew she must look a fright, pink noise and watery eyes and flushed cheeks, but she didn't care too much about that right then.

"I can't believe you're still sitting here," she said, quietly and honestly. "But I'm grateful you are. I've been so scared to tell anyone. I couldn't imagine what...what they might do to me if they learned what I used to be. What I used to do."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik