When the World's Walls Wrap Around You [attn: Bella/Andra]

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: When the World's Walls Wrap Around You [attn: Bella/Andra]

Post by Roan » March 23rd, 2018, 6:50 pm

Paks Liard
. . .that young man who was there.

Paks kept her focus on the lake, not trusting herself to keep it together if she were to look at the stranger sitting next to her. She swallowed hard, wanting to will the knot at the back of her throat away, but it was stubborn. “Marten,” she said quietly, “Marten Asha’man.”

She shook her head slightly, “I don’t think he would let me try and find her alone, though I can’t help but wonder if the two of us are taking on a suicide mission.” Silence settled over them for a time before she added, “He carries guilt for what happened to Jesi, and he should not, but I think. . .I think he feels obligated to help me.” Giving a dismissive laugh, she shook her head, “Not that the Tower would even think about letting me track her down. They barely let me out of the infirmary.”

Even when she first came to the Tower, Paks never resented what it represented, nor fully regretted what her life had become. The bitterness she felt now about the Tower and her place in it was new and it was a feeling the Ji’val wasn’t at all used to as she tended to keep a positive look on life...at least until the moment she lost Jesi.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » March 27th, 2018, 11:53 pm

Knowing what she had read and heard about warders who lost their bondmates, she completely understood the choice to not let Paks go far, and Andraste agreed with it...but she was not going to say as much, because she was intuitive enough to know that that was not what the woman wanted to hear.

"Marten, yes," she agreed softly. "Many of us carry guilt for many things, some of it deserved and some of it not. But we must all bear it, and deal with it, as we can.

"He is a good ally to have, and as a Red, I would be happy to offer myself as an ally in this cause as well. The woman must answer for many a crime, but it is no easy thing to hunt down such a person. Best to not do it alone, when it can be avoided."

Roan

Post by Roan » April 15th, 2018, 6:08 pm

Aside from Marten, the few people who’d checked in on Paks looked on her with pity and sympathy. No one really knew what she was going through. No one except for perhaps the woman now sitting next to her given the loss she’d experienced before coming to the Tower.

The Yellows that came to check in on her hoped to heal her heart and mind, but there was little they, or anyone could really do for her. The visits and the talks got tiresome, which was why she’d requested time away from the infirmary, even if just for a short walk for fresh air that didn’t smell of antiseptic.

Part of Paks hoped to find a bit of peace as she wandered the Garden paths, even if it was just temporary. Was the Pattern what brought Paks to the Gardens and to that particular bench? Was the Pattern responsible for having Andraste cross her path?

Paks wasn’t expecting to find a potential ally on her respite from the infirmary. Letting out a deep sigh, she looked to Andraste, not hiding her confusion, “You and I have only just met. Why would you offer your aid to someone you don’t even know?”

Bella

Post by Bella » April 17th, 2018, 11:17 pm

"Why would I not?"

Andraste looked on Paks with a seemingly impassive expression, just a slight glint ever-present in her nearly black eyes. One dark brow arched slightly. "Do you think one's help should be contained only to those one knows and holds dear? No. I am Aes Sedai. Servant of All. I am also a person, and have a responsibility to others. I see in you a pain I know too well, and I hear in your words a cause that we share. To hunt down a channeler who has done unspeakable wrong.

"I offer to help you. I offer to help myself. I offer to help all those who we can save from this woman, and spare just a few more the pain that you and I have felt. Why would I not make that offer?"

Roan

Post by Roan » April 22nd, 2018, 7:54 pm

Paks
Paks listened as Andra explained why she offered her assistance to find Ninya. Aes Sedai, Servant of All, but beyond that, Andraste knew Paks’ pain, and could relate perhaps more so than any one else the Ji’Val had encountered. She spoke to Paks not out of sympathy, and that was more than a little refreshing. Nearly everyone who she interacted with since finding herself in the infirmary looked at her with pity, and it was exhausting.

The Ji’Val wanted to escape the pitying looks and sympathetic smiles. Beyond that, she wanted out of the infirmary. Marten seemed to think it would be as simple as talking with the Yellows who came to see her. She agreed she would try, but she was still confined to the infirmary where there was no such thing as privacy.

Pushing her thoughts to the back of her mind, Paks looked back to Andraste and offered a small smile, “I guess. . .that aspect of Aes Sedai didn’t really make sense to me. . .the ‘Servant of All’ thing I mean.” Looking to her hands, she let go a sigh, “Your offer means a great deal to me, Aes Sedai, and I would gladly take you up on your offer of assistance.”

Looking back to her ‘babysitters,’ the Ji’val frowned, “Though, I can’t see the Infirmary will be willing to release me from their care any time soon, nor do I think the Mistress of Training, or Master of Arms would be willing to let me participate in the hunt for our former Amyrlin.

Bella

Post by Bella » April 24th, 2018, 11:14 pm

"They will be wary of what you might do to yourself above all," Andra said pragmatically. "There was some concern about that for myself immediately after I lost the sun and the moon from my life." Her head turned slightly and she looked out over the gardens, keeping herself calm and centered despite the memories that returned now.

She took a soft breath. "It will not last forever, and when you are released, you will have Marten and I to aid you. They will allow you to be in our care, then, even if it's not truly care. You will, for the sake of appearances, be helping us with our hunt. And that is different, in their eyes, then letting you loose to hunt on your own.

"Give it a little more time, and understand they are afraid to see you perish as well," she said, turning back to Paks. "No one wishes to see one tragedy compounded by another, especially one they feel they can prevent."

Roan

Post by Roan » May 2nd, 2018, 7:57 pm

Paks
No one wishes to see one tragedy compounded by another. . .

The Ji’val let go a heavy sigh, “Time. People keep telling me to give it more time.” She ran a hand through her hair then shook her head, “Give it more time, or time heals all wounds. Though, what I’ve heard. . .what I know about a broken bond is that it’s a wound that will never heal, not truly, anyway.”

Paks wasn’t trying to sound fatalistic, though she was doing a bang up job of it. She was resigned to the fact she would be at the mercy of the Yellow Ajah until they thought she’d no longer be a harm to herself or others. Scanning the Garden grounds, and looking to the blue sky, she realized a part of her missed being in the Yards.

Those in charge of her care saw fit to let her out for a walk. Perhaps they’d see fit to let her get out for exercise and to continue her training in some limited capacity. What was the worst they could say? No?

The Yellow Aes Sedai cleared her throat softly and approached, “Ji’val, it is time to head back.”

Paks looked to the Yellow and gave a solemn nod. She looked back to Andraste, and gave a slight smile, “Thank you for taking time to sit with me. . .and your offer to help me find the woman who stole Jesi from me. I am sure I will take you up on the offer. . .hopefully before too long.”
Spoiler: show
We can wrap here, or you can have Andra watch Paks waltz away in the sunset. Up to you.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik