New Blooms, New Faces (Attn: Bella)

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Lugh
MoNSTer

Re: New Blooms, New Faces (Attn: Bella)

Post by Lugh » April 4th, 2018, 4:22 am

Beron Beron was glad when Isla laughed, her playfulness coming to the front as she let them hover over her hand and then settle on top of the bloom already there.

"Channeling is just like every other skill that a person can use," she said idly, looking at the blooms resting on her palm. "If you are not good with a particular task, you will tire fast. But everyone will tire eventually, since no one can go on forever at anything."

She brought her hand up to her mouth and blew, and the flower and petal flew off. Beron felt his brows raise as the flowers began to float upwards. The created breeze carried the flowers higher up until she lowered them on top of his head, where the settled amongst his brown hair.

After finishing her handiwork, Isla folded her arms across her chest and looked at him with a smile. "Those are certainly your colors," she said lightly.

Beron laughed, rich and strong as he was surprised by the crown of petals he now wore. “Remind me to ask you to help with my Feast of Fools garb. A shade of green to go with this blue, and I’d be the envy of all.” Beron was feeling lighthearted and happy, a sharp contrast to the focus he usually approached his days at the Grey Tower with. There was more of course, the flush in his face and the pleasure from her nearness. You just met her, don’t go leaping into hay like a Saldaean farmgirl Beron reminded himself. Still, there was more to Isla than a fetching smile and pretty eyes. Though you could drink in those as well he thought to himself as he watched the laughter in Isla’s face.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » April 4th, 2018, 2:33 pm

"I've never been to the Feast of Fools," she said idly, not even really thinking about the words as she looked at his smile and listened to his laugh. The sound seemed to vibrate on some level inside that seemed almost beyond the physical, although she had absolutely no frame of reference to understand it.

She tilted her head as she lifted the flowers off his head and brought them back to her hands. As she looked at the petals, none the worse for wear for her playing, she realized yet one more time just how sheltered her life had been.

I wonder if he would smile at me that way if he knew what I had been. The thought brought an abrupt, painful slap to her inward self, but she covered her sudden internal war by walking to the water's edge and kneeling. She didn't care if she got a grass stain on her dress, she wanted to set the flowers on the water.

The blossom floated perfectly, as if its shape had been made to do so. With one list flick of Air, she gave it a little push and watched it float away to a new freedom.

"I did not have much of a life before I came to the Tower," she said quietly.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » April 4th, 2018, 5:41 pm

Beron
Beron at first thought little of her words, he was only half heard her mention the festival as he laughed at the flower petals. He off handedly wondered if maybe her home country had not celebrated the festival, and that was al the weight he gave it.

As she once more plucked the petals from his head, Beron noticed the deft skill she must have for his hair felt no tearing or yanking as the petals delicately rose into the air.

As he watched, curious as to her plan with the petals, Isla walked over to the water's edge and knelt beside the sandy water’s edge. Moving to join her, Beron watched as the blossom floated perfectly, as if its shape had been made to do so. With some skill of hers, he saw the petals shift slightly gave and watched it float away to a new freedom.

"I did not have much of a life before I came to the Tower," she said quietly. This time, Beron did catch the weight behind the words quietly spoken. As he knelt down to watch the blossom, he recalled Isla mentioning her father and how it had just been the two of them. And then Isla had mentioned a falling out and building a life anew at the Grey Tower. Once again sitting beside her, he took her hand gently. Something in my stories clearly touched a nerve Beron thought regretfully, I was always the child to poke my head over the next rock or rise, but I never thought to make her feel caged besides my stories.

Holding her hand, Beron simply offered, “If you want to talk we can, you were kind enough to share this spot, the least I can share is an ear.”

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » April 4th, 2018, 10:47 pm

There it is again... Isla looked down at her hand in his, and made no move to pull it away. Part of her thought that she should, simply for propriety's sake, but that part was rather small and definitely was not in charge.

Finally, she lifted her eyes to meet his as he looked at her and she smiled wryly. "Thank you, Beron," she said quietly. "Maybe some other time. It is not a happy story." Nor was it a story likely to keep her a friend. Of course, she knew that was the very reason she should tell people, and yet she was made new here, right?

The past was in the past...wasn't it?

She dredged up the smallest bit of bravery and gave his hand the barest of squeezes. "I can't imagine either of us has much more free time today, but...we will see each other again?"

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » April 5th, 2018, 2:53 am

Beron Isla looked down at her hand in his, and made no move to pull away. A number of emotions flushed through Beron at that simple gesture, and he returned her smile with his own.

"Thank you, Beron," she said quietly. "Maybe some other time. It is not a happy story."

She next gave his hand the barest of squeezes. "I can't imagine either of us has much more free time today, but...we will see each other again?"

“You’re welcome Isla, I meant the offer of a kind ear,” Beron replied, then returning her squeeze he stepped into the water and plucked two petals from the shallows.

Placing one in her hand, and wrapping one softly in his kerchief, he resisted the urge to stroke the errant strand of hair from her face. “We will see each other again, I know neither of us can shirk the demands here; but we do have plans to make a trip to Hama Valon together. I owe you a good wine and company. And this day here, in this spot is not one I will forget.”

As he helped her up the chimes announced the next segment of the schedule. Beron knew he would just make it back for his final workout before supper. “I don’t know if you’re headed towards the Warder Yard, if so I will gladly walk you to the Garden edge. If not, I know we will meet soon,” Beron said quietly as he went with his feelings and hugged her close, before seeing her regretful shake of her head. With that he dashed off to the Warder Yard.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik