New Blooms, New Faces (Attn: Bella)

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Lugh
MoNSTer

Re: New Blooms, New Faces (Attn: Bella)

Post by Lugh » March 19th, 2018, 5:55 pm

Beron
“You’re welcome,” Beron responded quietly to her thanks, slinging his jacket back onto his shoulders. As Isla took a moment to orientate herself to the Gardens, Beron finished the buttons on his jacket. The fit of the uniform had grown in him, and he figured there was no sense in looking dishevelled.

"I have many favorite spots, I'll admit," she said with a laugh. "This is my favorite place in the Tower. We could go to the lake. Sometimes, the fish in it swim all the way to the water's edge. People sometimes feed them, and they look for food. Some of the birds here are like that too. I bet if you stood long enough with your hand out, one might just land!"

Beron could hardly believe Isla when she mentioned birds landing in an outstretched hand, “Well that would be a sight to see. If only ever seen a hawk land on the fesses of their owner. A song bird would be much less intimidating.”

When she mentioned the lake, Beron stopped for a moment once again struck by the size of the Grey Tower. “Is there truly a lake inside the Grounds? I knew I had been buried up to my neck in the Warder Yard sands, but I feel like a moon calf not to have noticed a lake.”

“I would enjoy seeing the lake, do you know if swimming is permitted? We swam in a creek at home, but it was neither deep nor warm enough to enjoy. Except in the height of summer’s heat,” laughed Beron as he remembered braving the icy runoff with a few of the other farm lads.

“I’m a poor swimmer unless I can walk along the bottom, I don’t know how the Seafolk fling themselves into the wide ocean. Do you swim at all Isla?” Beron asked as he walked beside her, content to match her pace and her lead.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » March 27th, 2018, 11:12 pm

Isla smiled warmly at his astonishment over the lake, recalling that she had felt much the same way...once she'd drawn herself far enough out of her personal darkness to notice. And it seemed that the wonders of the Grey Tower never did cease, as she continued to learn things about the place even after already spending years here.

"I can swim a little, yes," Isla said. "My father said it was good exercise, and would make you strong. It was in lakes and rivers as we were by them. I've never been to the sea, though. I have heard about it, and I can't imagine swimming in something like that."

She thought it through as they walked a little further, her feet idly leading them toward the lake. It wasn't long before the sound of the waterfall could be heard. "I don't know if you can swim. I've never seen anyone in there...but neither have I ever heard anyone tell me that it wasn't permitted." That was something of a grey area in the rules, then.

As they drew nearer, she circled back to an earlier statement. "I think you will be amazed at the immensity and complexity of this place. The wonders of the One Power, as they say." She paused, growing pensive. "I never realized it could be used for such...beauty before coming here."

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » March 31st, 2018, 3:35 am

Beron Beron chuckled when she mentioned swimming, especially in the ocean. “I felt brave enough merely fording some of the streams that crossed the mountains. The idea of water deep enough for large ships to sail on, and stretching across the sky is terrifying. I don’t know how the Sea folk do it.”

Beron enjoyed following her lead, as the sound of a waterfall grew louder and louder. “You’re father sounds like he would have been at home in Saldaea, it sounds like he was certain you would need to be strong.”

As they drew nearer, Isla mentioned, "I think you will be amazed at the immensity and complexity of this place. The wonders of the One Power, as they say." She paused, growing pensive. "I never realized it could be used for such...beauty before coming here." Beron watched her from the corner of his eye, and as he went to reply the breath was suddenly stolen from him.

Turning the corner, they were presented by a vista Beron could not have imagined lay within the confines of the Gardens. Stretching out before the was a lake, it’s waters rippling with the force of a waterfall that fed it from a cliff. His hands twitched as he imagined climbing the rocks, wondering if it had been shaped by channellers. The water cascaded down, it’s torrent almost musical, while the lake water looked crystal clear and inviting. Beron stood there for many moments, drinking in the view.

Elated, he turned to Isla and easily lifted her in a hug. His reserve and the deference afforded the banded dress forgotten in a moment of pure amazement. Spinning around he realized he set her down gently, “Thank you Isla. This is truly amazing, I can see now why it is a favourite place of yours.”

“The One Power is truly remarkable isn’t it. Do you know if this was made by Aes Sedai? In the army we mostly saw the battlements and watchtowers that were raised from the earth. Awe inspiring, but this is so much more. If I can ask, what wonders would you like to forge? Have you found something that interests you with the One Power?” Beron asked, taking a single reluctant step backwards as Isla found her footing after his headlong spin.

OOC: It’s all good. Between flu and spring break life ran away with my household too.

Bella

Post by Bella » April 2nd, 2018, 11:47 pm

The young woman could easily recall the first time she had seen this place, but she had only experienced it from within. This was the first time she had witnessed it from the outside, and she found as they approached that she was rather eager to see how someone else took to it. There was some trepidation that he might now like it as much as she did, but that was alright.

What she hadn't anticipated--couldn't have--was the sudden spinning embrace.

After the world spun for a moment, he set her down and she felt the need to race after her breath. She swallowed hard and stared up at him, feeling a tinge of color flush her cheeks as she raced to recall...well, she tried to recall the last time anyone had embraced her. Even her father had not embraced her when he helped free her from the dungeons.

Isla swallowed hard and tried to process words properly again. She blinked, and realized that he had asked her a question. Right. Question. Answer. Speak.

"Yes," she said, then realized the word was much more breathless than she realized. "Yes, I have," she said again, forcing her voice to be a little steadier and stronger. "I have been learning how to Heal. And it seems...I am not bad at it. I like the idea of using the One Power to fix things, rather than break them. To make new what was damaged."

To make new the me that was damaged alongside it.

As the thought whispered through her mind, her blue eyes glittered in the sunlight with her inward-held emotion while she looked up and held his gaze.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » April 3rd, 2018, 4:48 am

Beron
Beron caught his breath, doubt warring with his excitement in the moment. He could feel a flush in his cheeks, and as he backed a step away the pause seemed to stretch forever. Light but I ran ahead of the cart.. wonder what she’s thinking. This isn’t some light hearted washwoman, but an Accepted. thought Beron to himself, yet his time at the Grey Tower had shown him the humanity of the men and women of legend.

"Yes," she said, and Beron felt part of his nerves relax as he realized the pause has been her catching her breath. . "Yes, I have," she said again, her voice a little steadier and stronger. "I have been learning how to Heal. And it seems...I am not bad at it. I like the idea of using the One Power to fix things, rather than break them. To make new what was damaged."

Beron was slow to reply, his chestnut eyes watching as her blue eyes glittered in the sunlight. He could see emotion swimming there, but he was at a loss to place it. “That’s amazing. I got the chance to work with a Yellow Sister when it became known I was a scout. There never seemed to be a shortage of work to do, or knowledge to learn. I can understand wanting to fix rather than break, in my country we use Peace as a greeting because it is so fleeting.”

Beron knew he should probably pull back farther, keep a distance between them; but as he held her gaze he realized the idea of a punishment seemed less important. He idly wished Isla was Saldaean, the women there being far more vocal if a man mistepped. Still anyone who thought to attain the Yellow had to have a strong streak, he decided. And so he bit his cheek to still his chattering reflex, standing with her to give her the time she needed. As he turned towards the water, he lightly placed his hand on her back, “I would know your mind, I’m sorry if I overstepped in my excitement. This is a wonderful spot, I can see what you mean by the ability to create. The ages long ago they teach us about must have looked like this.”

Bella

Post by Bella » April 3rd, 2018, 3:51 pm

There is a shortage of peace in my country too, Isla thought as she listened to him. And my family is the cause of much of that lack.

He turned slightly to look out over the glimmering waters of the lake, peaceful and yet alive. Isla looked out over it all with him, because it was one of her favorite sights and it was nice to find that sense of quietude. A center. Although that was much altered when he placed his hand on her back.

Human touch... When she had been Healed of the wounds on her arms was the last time she could remember being touched. It was only in relation to those wounds and scars that she had been touched since she was..."questioned" by her "brothers in arms" after they learned she could channel.

That certainly hadn't been gentle. This was...and it confused her. There were many emotions taking place at once, all focused in that center, and she didn't know which one to listen to.

When he spoke, she replied. Looking up at him again. Her mouth just opened and the words came out, not giving into a choice to listen to any one feeling or thought over the other. She worked on reflex. "You did not overstep," she said, almost surprising herself at the truth of it. "I was only surprised."

Isla chased after her breath again and looked to the waters once more. "Yes, I imagine they did in many places. And yet you can see it here, today. That is something of a wonder."

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » April 3rd, 2018, 6:33 pm

Beron

“You didn’t overstep, I was surprised,” Isla said as they watched the water’s wave and gentle surf. Beron had a hundred questions, most of them wondering if the woman beside him saw the lake the same way he did. He had heard of the weaves and such that all channellers creates, including how they could be seen only by others capable of holding the One Power. And so he was just about to ask Isla, ask if she could see the makings of the lake when she answered him.

“You can see it here today, that’s something of a wonder.” With his hand gently on her back Beron noticed two things as the watched the water. The first was that she seemed to be catching her breath once more, and that she did not pull away or remove his touch. Emotion was written in her beautiful blue eyes; and Beron was put in mind of a deer. Not skittish, but perhaps unused to contact. Sometimes I wonder if the rules don’t make us harder than we need to be, Beron mused as he considered the customs of the Grey Tower.

Still, when all was said and the bones cast; he wouldn’t move from this spot. He enjoyed her nearness, the feel of her back against his hand. She scented the wind with her hair and soap, a nice change from the sweat and sand. And if she took joy or comfort in his being there, he was content.

After drawing in a breath of crisp air, the wind off the water carrying the cooling spray; Beron asked Isla, “Have you ever tried something like this? I know the lake must take the work of many many Aes Sedai and Ashaman; I just mean working with water and nature. I just know little of the Novice and Accepted lessons that I’m curious. Better to learn now, then when I’m standing for the fancloak.”

Bella

Post by Bella » April 3rd, 2018, 10:48 pm

It was warm... Had it suddenly gotten a lot warmer? The air felt like there was a lot more heat to it now, or was that just her...

She blinked a few times, as though the act would clear her mind as surely as it would clear her eyes. She was strongly aware of his hand still on her back, and it still confused her...but she wasn't sure she wanted him to move it. No, she was pretty sure she didn't, because she hadn't had this before. Not like this. And...

There was something about the moment that she liked. You've only just met him, she reminded herself, but she couldn't help what she was feeling in that instant.

Isla wrestled her unruly, emotional thoughts back under control as she listened to him. Channeling. She knew this. Or was learning, ever more with every day. "Not like this," she said, nodding toward the lake. "But I've worked a little with Air..." She turned her head slightly, moving it away from him as she looked around.

There was a pink blossom on the ground. It looked like it had only just fallen off its home bush. Embracing the Source, she threaded Air around the flower and lifted it. It bobbed gently up and over her outstretched hand, before rising and falling toward the other. When it touched her palm, she held it up to him.

Why did you even do that? That was silly, frivolous, she told herself. Or, one part told the other parts. But she tried to ignore them...if for no other reason than she could not now undo it.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » April 4th, 2018, 12:46 am

Beron

"Not like this," Isla said, nodding toward the lake that stretched out before the two of them. "But I've worked a little with Air..." She turned her head slightly, moving it away from him as she looked around.

Beron could feel Isla turn her head and as he turned to face her also, he was surprised to see a pink blossom swaying in the air. It bobbed gently up and over her outstretched hand, before rising and falling toward the other. When it touched her palm, she held it up to him.

Beron watched as the blossom sat on the ground, and smiled at Isla as he gestured towards the bright pink flower, “There’s the beginning of a tavern act there. You could juggle and I could flute to the blossoms tumbles. It sounds silly to say this in the middle of the Grey Tower, but I think that might be the first channeling I’ve ever been near. They keep us pretty separate in the Warder Yard.”

Beron laughed as he kept watching the blossom, almost like he was expecting it to keep leaping out of her hand. “An endless breeze would be nice on rides near the citadel. Helmets and gear can get stifling in the northern heat. Although if channeling is as tiring as our teachers say, it might not be worth it,” he said in passing as he moved to the side and grabbed two more petals.

“Think fast,” he teased warmly, as he tossed two indigo petals at the Accepted.

Bella

Post by Bella » April 4th, 2018, 1:32 am

As she was already holding Saidar and the threads of Air, it was easy to "catch" the petals and she did so, laughing with playful surprise. She let them hover over her hand and then settle on top of the bloom already there.

"Channeling is just like every other skill that a person can use," she said idly, looking at the rather striking combination of pink and indigo now resting in her hand. "If you are not good with a particular task, you will tire fast. But everyone will tire eventually, since no one can go on forever at anything."

She brought her hand up to her mouth and blew, and the flower and petal flew off. However, since they were wrapped in Air, they moved unnaturally--clinging together and rising rather than falling through the air. The created breeze carried the flowers higher up until she lowered them on top of his head.

Frivolous.

She ignored that voice, although it was beginning to take shape. She was beginning to recognize it.

Instead, she folded her arms across her chest and looked at him with a smile. "Those are certainly your colors," she said lightly.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik