Running Wild [Attn: You Know Who]

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Running Wild [Attn: You Know Who]

Post by Bella » December 3rd, 2022, 1:46 pm

Natlya stopped and turned to look back at the girl, once again having a moment of... That could have been me. What if it had been?

She listened, committing the name Kala to memory, and bowed her head slightly. Her eyes never left Pit's, though. "I won't treat you like a child and make promises that I can't be sure I'm able to keep," she said. "I can't swear to what will come of all this, but what I can promise you is that I will do everything in my power to help them.

"I started my life as a child given away too young to even know the names of my parents, lived on the streets, survived as a thief, then became part of the world's most elite and best-trained fighting forces before ascending to a rank of leadership among them." She smiled a little. "So, I have some power to bear. And best bet that I'll be using it."

With that, she gave a small nod and went to find Terric.

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Terric of the Salt Flat Sept of the Nakai Aiel
SC: Alric Aurella
TC: Nasrin Naceri

Post by Locke » December 7th, 2022, 1:08 pm

When Terric was a young man, just beginning his training with the Aethan Dor, he had believed martial forms to be purely ceremonial and useless for a real warrior to practice. After many thousands of hours standing in the hot sun holding stances, practicing strikes, or walking through katas, he had learned better. Forms were like lifting weights or practicing strange word sounds when learning a new language. They built familiarity and strengthened muscles so when the time came, your body would move in the most efficient way. You avoid tripping over your feet when you move or revealing your intentions when you strike.

The forms had other benefits as well. He had learned to be patient and meticulous. He performed the same string of dance-like steps he had repeated since leaving Natlya Cade and Pit to talk. He began again. Step. Pivot. Block. Strike. He swung his spear striking at an imagined weapon hand with the haft. Though he approached it with the same level of diligence, this was not an Aiel spear form, instead a form from the stick fighting martial art popular in the Maule in Tear. By now, even the foreign stick fighting art was becoming second nature enough to let his body do all of the work. His thoughts shifted from musings about the past to the mission at hand. He hoped Natlya Cade had been able to turn over stones he had missed, or at least found somewhere fresh they might have been able to start.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » December 8th, 2022, 7:33 pm

Natlya could have made her way to the warder yards blindfolded. Maybe even with cotton in her ears, both arms tied behind her back, and hopping on one leg. That was how often she had made the walk to the yards from nearly every corner of the Grey Tower that a warder was likely to frequent, and so it was now that her mind could be entirely elsewhere but she still ended up at her intended destination.

It was just as easy to find a very tall, very red-haired Gaidin practicing forms.

She approached from a direct angle that he would be able to see in nearly every step of his sequence, because from one warrior to another, you knew never to approach from a blind-spot unless you wanted trouble.

"I see you found a way to keep yourself busy," she said playfully, resting on her back heel and crossing her arms as her hazel eyes flashed. "I didn't get much from Pit," she moved right on, "but I think I may have a place to start."

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » January 30th, 2023, 3:17 am

“Always, Shade of My Heart,” Terric said, ending his kata with a slow exhale and formal bow. “How is Pit settling into Tower life?” turning back towards the great building. As he listened to Natlya Cade’s response, he led the way back towards their shared quarters. They’d need to grab supplies for the road, and Natlya Cade’s horse, but Terric was sure they could be through a gateway to Lugard within the hour.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » February 3rd, 2023, 10:29 pm

It was barely half that time, really. The two were just too used to traveling, on their own and together. Even though it had been a while for that latter version, it was all muscle memory. (Natlya couldn't help but think about the first time they had trained together. The start of it all... What a time that had been.)

As they worked, she'd reported what Pit had said about the place. It wasn't much, but it was at least something to go on.

They arrived in the Traveling Yard and found the Asha'man on duty that afternoon to open Gateways. He did so after their brief explanation of where they needed to go, and then they were on their way to Lugard. Across vast distances in the blink of an eye, but heading onward on their mission.

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » February 21st, 2023, 9:04 pm

The gateway snapped open on a hill in the Murandian countryside. Lugard sprawled in the distance. Terric estimated that they could make it to the outskirts by midday traveling at the pace of a woman on horseback and an Aielman. A hot spike of pre-battle adrenaline was already fading before his brain could make thoughts into words. “We should be wary, Natlya Cade. Pit and I traveled for several months after leaving this Wetlander city. Much could have changed since. Since Pit’s captor met a rather pointy end, his friends and associates would have been wise to make moves to defend themselves. If we are lucky, their defenses might have become lax by now, but we should not count on it. Either way, let us forge on into this city’s underworld.”
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » February 23rd, 2023, 1:44 am

"Oh, Terric, you do know how to show a girl a good time," she quipped as they started on their way. As it always did, it felt a little odd to be riding a horse while he was not, but she knew the way of things. He would not ride, and his legs were far longer than hers. It would take twice as much effort to keep pace with him and that would be wasted energy.

So, she just felt silly and moved on with it.

After they'd been on the move for a bit, Nat and Terric both watching all sides as they traveled, she began conversationally, "It's been a long time since I had to make a run at a city's underbelly. I hope I still have the touch." Since it all looked clear, she felt okay speaking. "Pit was able to offer a likely place, but digging around may gain us some information before we broach it. I can probably dig a bit up using some old tricks."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik