Echoes of the Past [Attn: Beron Gaidin]

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Echoes of the Past [Attn: Beron Gaidin]

Post by Bella » October 29th, 2019, 6:07 pm

Isla inhaled slowly, then let it out just as slowly. She closed her eyes and let Beron's presence relax her. She let her mind wander and be lost in it, giving over not to the stress that awaited her on the table but the peace that awaited her in his arms. As that feeling washed over her, she let herself imagine both scenarios.

Truthfully, she found appeal in either... Quiet had been more of a lure to her in her years since coming to the Tower, but anonymity had its draws as well. Finally, she laughed breathlessly and opened her eyes to look up at him with a half shy, half mischievous look. "You choose."

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » November 14th, 2019, 5:29 pm

"Well if the choice is mine," he said with heat in his voice, as he pulled her underneath him, kissing her and laughing softly against her neck as he realized he was not quite done..

Later...

Beron had finally relented to the simple fact that if he expected to take Isla away from everything, he was going to let her have a little time to put things into order. With a soft kiss, and a sigh of protest, he forced himself to get out of bed. Pulling on his breeches, he closed the door to their bedroom to let her lounge or get dressed as she willed.

With his chiseled physique, he cared little about walking shirtless around their quarters and as he opened the door, he saw a simple note, letting them know that an Accepted had tried to deliver their supper. Laughing, he wondered at what point in their lovemaking she had been trying the door, not that he would have stopped. A passing Aes Sedai sniffed softly at the sight of him in the hallway, and he bowed respectfully. He knew a Warder was not a common sight in the Yellow Ajah Quarters, but he also knew he was not the only one.

Summoning a waiting Accepted, he requested a new meal be brought up for Isla Sedai and himself, he also requested a few other items as he knew it was likely that Isla would want to leave instructions for some of her patients and students. As he watched the Accepted curtsy and make her way down the corridors, he realized that as much as he wanted to whisk her away to somewhere no one could find them; the Grey Tower never truly slept.

And so with that in mind, he penned his own requests, to be delivered with the morning missives. A few letters, and Isla and him would have a great suite of rooms in the Capital. He wanted to take her home, oh not to his farm, that was nothing he wanted to subject her too just yet. His mother and sister would be wildcats, scratching for every ounce of information they could get.

But he could take her to Maradon, which was a wonderful city. He knew many spots from his days with the army, and there was little chance of running afoul of the Whitecloaks there. In fact, while they might not have total anonymity, an Aes Sedai would find great respect among the Borderlanders and if an emergency did arise, they would be easier to find. That knowledge would hopefully allow Isla to relax a little more, Beron thought to himself as he set about cleaning his clothing that had been discarded rather haphazardly around the sitting room.

Bella

Post by Bella » November 20th, 2019, 5:58 pm

In truth, Isla nearly fell asleep once Beron had left the room.

She had told herself that she needed to get up and start making ready for their departure to...wherever her warder chose, but her body was so thoroughly exhausted that it was a hard argument to be made. Instead, she just lay stretched out half under the covers and let herself feel the stillness in her mind that had not been there very often lately.

Of course, the young woman wasn't so foolish as to believe that a... How long had it been? ...of lovemaking had suddenly solved all of her problems, but it certainly helped her mindset and mood for a little while.

By the time she had finally dragged herself from the bed and wrapped herself in a dressing gown to leave the room, she found that there was a meal on the table. Isla smiled. "I didn't think I was hungry until I saw the food," she had to laugh. "Now, suddenly, I think I've been starved for days."

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » November 26th, 2019, 4:29 pm

Beron had felt Isla stir, her waking coming across their Bond as they were so close to each other. He could feel her, feel that some of the tension and worry he had been sensing had eased, and that made Beron also relax tension he had been holding.

Smiling, he pushed his mostly finished plate away, making room for her in his lap as he got her to sit with him, letting her eat while he stroked her back through the dressing gown. Having decided where to take her, he knew that now was the time to start putting worries away and to get in the mood of the trip. And so he let her eat for awhile in peace, her laughing comment about starving showing a little truth as she focused on her meal.

Once she had finished, he kept his hands on hers, hoping she wouldn't be tempted to leave his lap right away. "Well I decided I am going to take you home. Not to my farm or anything, but to Saldaea. It's beautiful there, but I thought I better see if you had the right dresses for that kind of weather. If not, I suppose our trip will just have to start with a tour of the shops here in Hama Valon," he said with a smile, knowing even that could be fun if they just went with it.

Bella

Post by Bella » November 30th, 2019, 3:32 pm

Isla had not grown up in such a way that shopping or purchasing frilly items such as that was what she was accustomed to. It was always just a matter of getting what was needed and little else, but then again, this might be something that she needed. "I have yet to be to Saldaea," she said with a smile. She liked the idea of seeing his home.

She wished she had a home to show him in return.

"I'm sure I must have clothing that will suit, although I suppose I cannot be sure since I haven't been there myself." She laughed quietly. "I suppose you will need to survey my wardrobe and be the one to tell me."

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » December 21st, 2019, 3:21 am

"Well I am sure you will have something. And I can definitely help you choose what to pack, after all this isn't a trip where we need to plan for every thing that can go wrong. Maradon has pretty much everything you could need if we forget to pack it," Beron said with a chuckle of his own.

His own wardrobe would suit nicely, as the jackets he had learned to wear after so long in a Drin and Jival's grey coat were well cut for most weather, and the fancloak if he packed that would also help cut the cold northern winds. Plus he thought with a smile, the advantage to working with the Grey Tower was quickly learning the trick of ignoring hot and cold. He had sent some of his own clothes down to be washed, and checked for tears so he would pop into the laundry to see what state they were in, but packing wouldn't take long for him.

"I'd love for you to get another chance to wear the Yellow dress. The one with all the ties, and the lace. It's beautiful on you, and I will make sure we have at least one evening of relaxed food and candles for it to truly shine," Beron said as he kissed her neck softly and rattled off a few other suggestions, such as good boots and gloves. Along with a nicer cloak to help cut the wind, knowing shopping could be part of the fun.

Bella

Post by Bella » December 23rd, 2019, 1:23 am

She listened and felt herself continuing to relax a bit while she ate the meal. She was amused by the idea that he seemingly knew and thought more about wardrobe matters than she did, but she hadn't been raised to such. A uniform was all she had ever needed, right? But she was perfectly happy to take his advice and follow his lead.

"So, when do we leave?"

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik