Echoes of the Past [Attn: Beron Gaidin]

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Echoes of the Past [Attn: Beron Gaidin]

Post by Bella » September 9th, 2019, 11:08 pm

Isla had dreamed of her father every single night since coming back from the liberation of those women.

It had been many years since this had happened. Of course there was the rare occasion where her father entered her dreams, but it was just that now: rare. Since she had finally begun to heal from all the pain of her past, her nights of constant memories were gone and she had begun to enjoy normalcy.

Seeing her father in that camp, however briefly, had dragged it all back up, and now her dreaming self was on fire.

Sometimes literally...in her dream, of course.

The thoughts and memories in turn infected her waking life in a way that no Yellow could cure nor poultice could cleanse. She stalwartly saw to her duties in the infirmary and took care of her patients with her full attention, but once she had left there for the day, she returned to her quarters and a growing obsession.

All over the table in the center of their quarters, she once again had the map and her notes and journals. She knew how her father thought and he would move from the encampment they had found him in before...but it had been so long. Would his men pressure him to pursue her or would they move on in their normal pattern?

She did not want to return to that town to ask questions, so she wanted to track their movements herself...but it was a lot of guesswork, when all was said and done.

It was borderline maddening.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Re: Echoes of the Past [Attn: Beron Gaidin]

Post by Lugh » September 10th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Beron Beron had been too hard on the Drin'far'ji's today. He knew it, but he was also grateful for the cold distance the Ko'di gave him from that fact. He had worked his class hard, pushing them to the horses had required a rest. He may not have been overly sympathetic to the fatigue of Drin, but no Saldaean worth anything would harm good mounts.

As the Drin worked under the watchful gaze of the stable grooms, Beron waited and kept himself in the cold of the Void until the last one was done. "Good job all of you, it was hard today. But battle will push you harder," he said and dismissed the class. He ignored the mutters and the complaints as he thanked the grooms for their help with the class, and began making his way back to the Grey Tower.

It was a longer walk now that he had moved into the Yellow Ajah Quarters, but Isla made the stairs and the paths well worth the extra time. Isla, he thought with a soft smile, and with a sigh dropped the ko'di. As he expected, the sensation of her worry, her frustration was much stronger without the Void, and he felt his own fatigue more keenly as well.

She had not been sleeping well, nightmares and old memories waking them both as she would grab him for comfort; her body shaking and soaking in sweat. He could recall all too well the first night they had spent together, the night he had accepted her bond. Her nightclothes, wet from the rain as she'd come to him for comfort.

Which has been hard enough to grant her, Beron thought sadly, as he made his way past the Novices headed to the Kitchens. Soon enough there would be meals and trays to deliver, but for now the Yellow quarters were quiet.

As he walked into their rooms, he stopped at the doorway and watched Isla. She was beautiful, would always be beautiful to his eyes, but even he could see the tension and worry in her neck and shoulders. As he watched her move, pouring over the maps he felt a moment of pause, then carefully removed his sword belt and placed it on the rack. Removing his jacket he placed it on the small table by the door, and moved towards Isla.

Curling his arms around behind her, he kissed her neck softly, his hands holding her gently, and moving to rest on her stomach as he enjoyed the soft skin of her neck. "Did you come right back from the Infirmary Isla?" he asked softly, between soft kisses.

Bella

Post by Bella » September 16th, 2019, 5:14 pm

She had of course felt him as he neared the door, before he even opened it, but she knew he would just enter so she kept at her work.

When his arms went around her and his lips touched her neck, it was the first time since getting back to this room that she'd stopped. Isla inhaled slowly and let it out just as slowly, closing her eyes and she leaned back against him. Her mind somehow split between utter exhaustion and a perfectly inability to stop.

"I have," she replied quietly. "I received another piece of information from one of my eyes and I was adding it to the collection."

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » September 16th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Beron Beron smiled for a moment as Isla relax against him. He could feel her breath deepen, and he heard her let it out slowly as she let him know more information had arrived from the eyes they had begun to cultivate. Her skin was soft beneath his lips, and he enjoyed the way she relaxed into his arms.

For a moment he paused, torn between wanting to ask about whatever the missive had held, and simply wanting Isla to enjoy a moment's peace. He held her for a few heartbeats, the smell of her skin and dress a mixture of the herbs they used in the Infirmary. Then he realized his hands had wandered almost of their own accord, and he was idly toying with the laces of her belt, as he held his lips against her soft neck.

Deciding there might be a benefit to Saldaean's reputations after all, he straightened his back, and curled down to give Isla a kiss. This was a kiss full of heat, and the promise of a welcome distraction. As he kissed her, his fingers deftly loosened the laces of her belt, the leather sliding down to the floor. He would ask her about the letter, but for now let the world flaming hang itself. He wanted her, he wanted the feeling he'd had in the forest, and he was asking her if she wanted it too, his hands and lips his words.

Bella

Post by Bella » September 30th, 2019, 2:49 pm

There was a part of her that almost pulled away out of the simple "in the middle of something" instinct, but that bit of her was pushed away rather quickly because, frankly, it was a stupid part of her...and a stupid part that she did know, somewhere within, she had been indulging far too much of late.

So she curved herself into him, wrapping her arms around him and answering affirmatively to his wordless question...

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » October 1st, 2019, 3:47 pm

Beron Beron growled softly when she leaned herself against him, her arms wrapping around him as he felt her return his embrace. He smiled as he kissed her, and gently steered both of them to the door. Locking the door that led to their quarters, he knew they would be free from interruptions now.

Gently he picked her up, long hours of training giving him the strength to carry her in his arms and to their bed. As he shook off his boots, not wanting the dirt and sand to get in the linens, he cared not where they fell. Once the boots fell to the floor, he kissed Isla softly and finished his work on the laces of her bodice.

He wanted to take her away, he wanted to take her to the Travelling Yards and grab a gateway to somewhere far from those maps, far from the worry that was eating at his lover. But for now, he would give her mind something else to think about, he would let her know he was there for her, and as his lips touched the soft skin revealed as the laces opened, he did his best to turn his own mind off. It was time to listen to her, to listen to the soft words they both spoke, and the sighs as he explored.

Bella

Post by Bella » October 10th, 2019, 1:48 pm

Later...

By the time they were still and simply laying in one another's arms on the bed, the air had cooled and evening had fallen. It wasn't quite dark out yet, but the light had grown shadowed and a heavy orange tint fell on everything under the reach of the window while the rest of the room grew to a dim grey.

Isla closed her eyes and let out a long, contented sigh as she pressed her cheek to Beron's shoulders. Now that her skin was starting to chill, she wanted to pull up the blanket...

...but she wasn't quite sure where it had ended up.

Unwilling to move from where she was, she did no more than tilt her head back so she could look up at him from under half-lidded eyes. "You are very distracting, do you know that?" she asked with a teasing half-smile.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » October 16th, 2019, 6:15 pm

Beron Beron lay in their bed, his own body feeling calm and lazy after their joining. He could her body warm against his, and he welcomed the chill touch of the air on the rest. As she teased him about distracting her, he returned her smile and the warmth in her eyes. Tilting his head, he kissed her softly, "Good. Maybe I should just toss our clothes out the window, and keep you distracted for a couple of days. We could use it."

His fingers moved along her skin as he chewed on thoughts for a moment, before he finally rested his hand on the small of her back. "Isla...lets go somewhere. Get away from the Grey Tower and the letters, just escape for a little. I don't know about you, but I often dreamt of travel when I was younger, the far off places from peddlers news. And now with a Gateway, we could go to the Travelling Square and be almost anywhere in moments. The Borderlands, Camelyn, I could even take you to see about getting a Domani dress," he teased, although the idea did put a little heat in his voice.

The truth was he would take her anywhere, even if they simply removed themselves to the countryside. He just knew his lover needed to take a moment, and as she said, he was good at distracting her.

Bella

Post by Bella » October 21st, 2019, 9:18 pm

Mentally, she resisted the idea at first. Even as distracting as he had been just now, she knew that the table not far from where they lay was covered with letters and maps and information... All things that she had been working on, and that she needed to keep working on. It had been a driving force in her mind for days now, and...

Right. That was his point.

She smiled sheepishly, looking up at him through her pale lashes. "Perhaps you make a good suggestion," she conceded, feeling all of him washing over all of her over the bond. "I don't know for long, though. I don't want things to go cold, but...perhaps for a little bit, we should get away."

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » October 22nd, 2019, 3:42 pm

Through the bond, and the way she laid her head against his chest, Beron could feel when Isla began to look at the table once more. He could feel her resistance, and when he thought she might roll to leave the bed he growled softly.

Kissing her neck, he kept his arms wrapped around her and when she finally smiled sheepishly at him, saying "I don't know for long, though. I don't want things to go cold, but...perhaps for a little bit, we should get away."

Toying with her hair, he knew she would be feeling his relief and desire for her, and the simple pleasures of being away from the table and all it represented. "That's fine Isla love. Even if I steal you away for only a night or two, I want that. I don't care where we go, but I do know I want it to have good food, fine linens and a sturdy bed," he teased gently, doing his best to express his desire for her. He had tried for awhile to keep a distance, until she had finally showed him that she was not content to wait for them to be together. Now he knew how he felt, but it still made him blush to be overly forward, even if most people assumed Saldaeans were as forward as their legendary milkmaids.

"We can go for a ride, enjoy the countryside. Or if there is a larger city you would enjoy simply shopping in, disappearing into a crowd, I am game for that as well love," he said happily.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik