Shh! We're Huntin' Wabbits [Attn: Roan/Bastian]

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Shh! We're Huntin' Wabbits [Attn: Roan/Bastian]

Post by Bella » June 20th, 2018, 5:54 pm

Lysira took a moment before replying, becoming consciously aware of each part of her, at least as much as she could. Coming out of the bloody fugue always made her a little numb, so she knew she couldn't be sure, but she checked as best she could. 'I do not believe I am wounded,' she replied, signing wearily.

Pulling her gaze up, her black eyes met his light ones as she sighed heavily. 'It is not the first time this has happened, I'm afraid. I don't understand it, or why it began. Sometimes when fighting, with hands or blades, I...lose myself. I am told I become like an animal, but I remember very little.

'I've been hit twice on the head to be brought out of it by comrades fearful for their safety.
' She smiled sadly. 'You are the first...' Her hands stilled as her memory drifted back to somewhere painful. 'You are one of the only ones who has been able to bring me from it without making me unconscious.'

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » June 23rd, 2018, 1:03 am

Bastian
Relief flooded Bastian as the Gaidin reported she was unhurt. He ‘listened’ as she told him that she’d lost herself in the heat of a fight on more than one occasion. Giving her a small smile, he replied with a soft rumble, “I am glad I didn’t have to knock you out to bring you back to yourself, Gaidin.” Opening a pouch on his belt, he pulled out a handkerchief and was about to reach across and wipe the blood off her face.

Hesitating, his smile turned. . .almost shy as he looked down, “Heh, here. Use this to clean up a bit. I’m not sure we want to return to the Tower with you covered in blood.” The large Ji’val looked around them at the bodies, “Wrong place, wrong time, do you think? Did they want our kill?”

Bastian looked to the carcass of the nearly forgotten buck, “I wouldn’t expect to find too many people so close to Hama Valon so desperate for food that they’d attack a Gaidin of the Tower and one of its learning ranks.” Looking back to the would-be attackers, he studied their clothes, “Though none of them appear to have seen a bath very recently.”

Bella

Post by Bella » June 23rd, 2018, 9:00 pm

Lysira signed a quick 'thank you' before taking the cloth and wiping her face. She knew that she must look a fright, with what she was sure was blood coating her mouth and chin. She retained very little memory when the darkness took over, but there were bits and pieces here and there that hinted at things done.

She cleaned herself as she listened to him, then put the cloth on her own person to clean herself later.

'It is not always desperation that leads to such acts,' she said. 'Maybe they were just wicked, or greedy. Or maybe they did have great need, but no desire to take the help of those of the Tower. We are not loved by all.' She sighed heavily. 'They also may not have quickly realized who we were, or that I was Gaidin. I am frequently underestimated.'

Roan

Post by Roan » June 23rd, 2018, 11:15 pm

Bastian
Bastian couldn’t help the smirk, “Their mistake.” He learned not to underestimate her during their unexpected spar, though he certainly didn’t begrudge her for that particular lesson. He also realized she was right in that the would-be attackers could have just been wicked or greedy. He wasn’t so idealistic as to think there weren’t such people walking the world.

The Ji’val let go a deep sigh, “So much for a simple hunting outing. I’m not sure I want to dress the buck here in case there are more of them.” He looked to the buck, “I might be able to carry him, but we might be better off making a sled or something that I can drag instead. It would be a bit less awkward and easier to drop if we have more unexpected guests.”

The man turned his pale eyes back to Lysira, studying her for a moment. The intensity of her dark gaze seemed to bore right through him and yet he didn’t want to look away. Allowing a small, but warm smile, he tilted his head, “Are you sure you are unhurt?” She managed to clean most of the blood off, and suspected much of the adrenaline had likely subsided. There was a stray bit of hair lying across her cheek and he reached over to brush it out of the way without really thinking about what he was doing until the deed was done. He froze, his hand still next to her cheek, “Oh, uhm. . .sorry.” He was certain he was blushing, and glad for his beard to mostly hide his flushed cheeks.

Bella

Post by Bella » June 25th, 2018, 1:23 am

Lysira saw his hand coming toward her face, but suppressed her naturally Gaidin reflex to defend herself. It surprised her, however, and her mind raced briefly. It was a familiar gesture, bordering on intimate... She found that she didn't mind, but she was surprised, and she knew it was 'wrong.' At least, against the rules.

Then again, was it actually meant in that way? Maybe it was a different sort of familiarity.

'It's okay,' she signed, deciding to not worry over it too much for either of them. She managed a faint smile as she took a faintly shaky breath. 'And no, I'm fairly sure that I'm not hurt. I have some near-kin that is a Yellow, so I will see him when we return to the Tower to be sure.'

Her onyx eyes wandered to the deer at that point. 'I'm sure we can rig something to pull it back. I wouldn't want it to go to waste. That would disrespect the creature.'

Roan

Post by Roan » June 27th, 2018, 1:04 am

Bastian
Bastian (almost reluctantly) withdrew his hand from Lysira’s face. Part of him wanted to. . .no, it didn’t matter what he wanted. She was a Gaidin, he was a Ji’val, and he knew all too well what happened if you broke the rules. Beron was still at the Farm after proudly proclaiming to be in love. The huntsman had no desire to follow in his friend’s footsteps.

Wait. . .what?

Bastian shook himself back to the present, though those ebony eyes. . .

Dammit, Bastian. You are a grown man. Pull yourself together and get on with it.

The Ji’val started pulling together items he and the Gaidin could use to build a makeshift sled. Two small trees were sacrificed to create poles, along with Bastian’s jacket and belt, and before too long, the sled was complete. Bastian manhandled the buck onto the stretcher, and then looked to Lysira as he slung his own bow across his chest. He knew it wasn’t an ideal way to carry the weapon, but he needed both hands to carry the stretcher, “Shall we head back to the Tower?”

You like her. You like her a lot.

Shut up.

See? You like her.
He hated it when he quarreled with himself.

Bella

Post by Bella » June 29th, 2018, 2:14 am

The work had helped to continue to center the tiny, mute Gaidin. It wasn't often that she was set askew like that, but those moments when her mind was taken over by some hidden, dark part of itself were just those times when she was. It shook her rather deeply to realize that she was not always in control of herself.

"Shall we head back to the Tower?"

She lifted her dark eyes to meet his and offered a faint smile, not as an idle gesture but out of appreciation for his lack of judgement and his consideration for her on this occasion. Not everyone would have been so understanding. She offered a single nod and settled to move alongside him, her own weaponry at the ready while his was less easy to reach.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik