Lightening [Attn: Andy/Alrim]

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Lightening [Attn: Andy/Alrim]

Post by Bella » April 20th, 2018, 10:41 pm

"Well? What do you think?"

Sadira stood in the middle of the living room of their Aes Sedai/Gaidin combined quarters. She was wearing a dress. It wasn't that this was unusual. She did wear dresses sometimes. But they were usually more utilitarian. This one was clearly mean to be...pretty, although it was still fairly simple. It was blue, of course, but the cord around her waist was grey.

She smirked at her warder. "My mother made me buy it. She said it would be good for an evening out on the town, and I suppose it's as good a time as any to put that to the test."

Alrim and Sadira had just returned from being out of the Tower for nearly three weeks. It had not been taxing in terms of battle, but it had been in terms of emotional cost. They had been helping the refugees of a village attacked by Trollocs some weeks ago. They had been with others from the Tower, but their duties had been different.

Now that they were home, they had elected for an evening out to lighten the heart and mind...and Sadira had decided to wear the new dress.
Spoiler: show

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Re: Lightening [Attn: Andy/Alrim]

Post by Andy » April 29th, 2018, 6:42 pm

"Of course she did," he said musingly from his chair, taking the vison in slowly, "and I think that it is hard to think around such beauty," he said with a small smile, "and that I suddenly feel slightly underdressed" he continued, smoothing his coat slightly. It was a simple cut but rich enough of fabric, a lighter blue than her own but still flying the Ajah flag.

It had been easy to convince him of the plan to spend a time for merriment and each other. Working together, for greater goods, was a satisfying experience. Still, it was not quite the same as their 'normal' periods of time. Giving of themselves was tiring and they always gave their all, they knew no other way. Something he respected about her and had come to find pride for himself for.

"It reminds me of how lucky I am," he stated simply as he pushed himself up, taking up two glasses of red and pacing to her slowly to offer her one, pushing a few errant strands of hair back into place once she had taken it, sipping his own, "and of how life sometimes makes you forget how such simple things can brighten the most weary of times"

"Of course, i you'd rather not show it off then we can always just lock ourselves away" he suggested with a slightly teasing tone as he gave her a twinkled gaze.
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Bella

Post by Bella » April 30th, 2018, 11:03 pm

She flashed him a grin over the edge of her wine glass--the smile that made her blue eyes light up and dance, the smile that only he was ever permitted to see. Without replying right away, she let her eyes start the talking while she took a sip. Her eyes never leaving his as she did so.

As she pulled the glass away, she added a quiet laugh. "Well, I will admit that that is a most tempting idea..." she said. "But I did go through all the trouble of getting all dressed up, so we might as well make the most of it for a while...then come back here and we can lock ourselves away."

Sadira took another sip of the heady, heavy red wine and then inhaled deeply.

"Besides," she went on after a moment. "After all the weariness and travels and heaviness of our tasks, I do think a night with a little music, a little dancing, and a little life is just what the Yellow ordered for us both. I'm just glad that I no longer would have had to deal with such a task alone, nor have to find a way to recover from it alone." She lifted her glass in a wordless toast.

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » May 6th, 2018, 4:32 pm

He did so like to see her smile, especially that smile. Whoever said that Aes Sedai could not be playful clearly had never known them very well. He would have felt a kindred sense of shame had it been a Warder. He had to chuckle, she could be infectious when she wished.

"A fool I would be to refuse such an offer," he said, flashing a small grin, "one cannot expect a lady to not make the most of such a creation. Such a sight she shall make that they'll talk for a long while of this night"

"Yellow's orders, Green's orders...so many orders," he stated softly, returning the toast and placing his free hand upon her shoulder, a gentle squeeze tough he did not need to do so to know of the tension that he would find there, and a few moments of easing some of it away, "but always shared"

"Besides," he said with his own unique look for her as he covered his smile with a sip, "I like my job. Of course the hours are long, and there's the whole dangerous travels...and I don't think that I can technically take a break," he tapped his head, "but it has its perks and I wouldn't trade it"

His smile was hidden with the next sip, but it was always just a show. He never could hide anything from her.

~
~

Bella

Post by Bella » May 7th, 2018, 11:23 pm

"I'm glad to hear that," she said easily. "I would be sad if you said otherwise."

Sadira finished off her wine and then set the glass aside. "However, we should do more than just stand here and talk about having our evening. We should go out and do it. And the sooner we do, the sooner we are back for whatever else needs be done to relax and recover from our recent trials." She let whatever other meanings there might be just be there.

Once he set his glass away as well, she took his hand in hers. "Hama Valon awaits, and I am beginning to feel excited for the dancing." She led him toward the door.

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » May 15th, 2018, 8:42 pm

He snorted at her response, a truth that was difficult not to appreciate. He remembered a time he had been quite cynical of the Pattern and its weave. He remembered that conversation with Zeen well despite the years. That was before it had intervened on his behalf. Funny that. He shook his head slightly with a jingle. Quick drinking indeed, he noted with amusement. One of the benefits of the Bond e knew - an ability to drink most under the table.

Nice way to make some money if one is feeling a little mischievous but not this night he told himself. No, he suspected there would be mischief of a differing kind. Apparently, he had been informed, Jolstraers knew how to have fun.

"Yes, lets," he agreed with a small amount of amusement, "I know just the place. Charming, energetic and usually filled with the sort who don't care about much else than where the next piece of fun is. Hope its not too rough for you m'lady" he teased.

He offered his arm at the door, opening it for them both, and with that the venture began. For the first time in a wile he felt a bubbling up of pleasant uncertainty within for it. There was no plan, no mission, no rules - well almost no rules - and nothing to direct them beyond their senses. He could feel her excitement too and it was infectious.

They heard the tavern before they saw it, the gentle and cooling spring breeze bringing the scents of roasted meats and a multitude of other aromas down the sparsely populated street for their enjoyment. The Pigs Foot was a haven for the more exuberant and energetic of Hama Valon. The one unspoken rule was that if you sat doing little but drink and without company then you were not the sort wanted. The music was loud and dances were already ongoing despite it being merely early evening.

As usual it was bustling and merry, warmth from the hearths cascading over them as they opened the door, a few drunks propping themselves up using each other trying not to fall over as they spied the newcomers...then falling over.

"Never a dull moment Rose, you did say you wanted dancing. Welcome to the floor that's never empty" he pulled her inside with a warm laugh.

~
~

Bella

Post by Bella » May 16th, 2018, 9:01 pm

Sadira laughed easily as they stepped inside. Racuous was certainly one word for it, but despite his teasing, she was not concerned about anything being too rough for her. She was an Aes Sedai of some...age, after all. A daughter of an infamous Green. She could handle a tavern, even if it was full of drink and drunks.

"Wouldn't want it to be dull now, would we?" she asked easily as they stepped around the fallen few and made their way deeper inside.

They moved around to a table towards the back that was empty, taking a seat. The music and voices rose and fell with their own sort of social cadence, and she took it all in with an easy smile and a quick, observant eye.

A serving girl came up to the table, somehow looking harried and happy at once. "What can I get ye folks to drink?" she asked easily, putting her hand on her hip. Sadi let Alrim order first and then requested a spiced cider for herself. It was a Sha'hal Dynasty favorite for a Night Out on the Town.

After the woman left, she turned back to her warder and set her hands on the table. Open. Palms up. Inviting one of his within. "Dinner then dancing, or dancing then dinner then dancing?"

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » May 19th, 2018, 8:43 pm

Ah taverns, his home away from home. Not as much since joining the Tower but he still had the talent for walking into one and making himself at home as if he had always been there. Village or city, road stops or river halts, there was always fun to be had and he enjoyed it all. Admittedly, as he watched her smile, it was better this way. He ordered his drink, the standard ale was always a good start if you were planning a long stay.

"Spiced cider?" he asked with a slight smile and raised eyebrow, slipping his hand easily into hers, "I can't recall having ever had one. Perhaps I will see what it's about"

He was more visibly relaxed as the warmth of both the company and the environment seeped into him. Not to mention the warmth in general, so many bodies in one place made for banished chills. He was ever alert, of course, but it was easy to believe that there was no Shadow in the world when surrounded by such gripping enthusiasm and merriment. At her question he merely grinned, eyes flashing in answer, before pulling her away and towards the dancing. Their drinks would be waiting for them when they returned.

"There was no choice, it's been too long since we danced" he said as they paused briefly at the edge of the throng to find a place.

He laughed as they joined in, the rhythm was quick and it was no ballroom dance like the fist time they had met. This was 'common' dance, more human and expressive in some ways. Certainly more strenuous and definitely possessed of little more than pure enjoyment, filled with twirls and leg kicks, clapping and whatever else any mind could imagine.
~
~

Bella

Post by Bella » May 22nd, 2018, 9:22 pm

As it turned out, "common" dance suited Sadira just fine.

Despite being an Aes Sedai now, and for some time, she still was and forever would be the daughter of a farmgirl and a blacksmith-turned-soldier. While both had ascended to the rank of Aes Sedai and Asha'man, even onward to Amyrlin Seat for her mother, neither had ever gotten away from their roots. Nor had they tried to. And they instilled that appreciation for history and simplicity in their firstborn daughter.

Sadira kept up with the dance just fine, as she was the daughter of a dancer as well, and enjoyed it thoroughly. It was nice to know that she hadn't forgotten how over the far-too-many years since she danced like this.

As the music ended, everyone stopped, panting for breath through broad smiles, and applauded the musicians. Then they moved into a slower number. This one had a sweet, lilting quality about it. Sadi looked over at their table and didn't see their food yet, so she took Alrim's hands. "Another round?" she asked, blue eyes sparkling.
OOC: I dunno why, but Ed Sheeran is doing the soundtrack for this thread in my head. "Galway Girl" and "Perfect" have joined these dances. :P

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » May 26th, 2018, 5:57 pm

"Always" he grinned, not even taking the trouble to check on their table as captivated as he was.

He lost little time in twirling her into his arms and embracing both her and the different tempo of music. He flicked his gaze at the players and caught a wink - he was known here and they were clearly having fun with that. As quickly his gaze returned to Sadi, a warmer smile in place, moving to the lilt being set easily. It reminded him of the wedding, almost a lifetime ago it seemed.

"My lady, I do believe your beauty grows by the hour," he said as they turned and swayed to the melody, "your eyes are brighter than the fires I'd wager"

He said nothing of the brightness within, but it was easy to feel how the usual heart of things was somehow more so. He was certain it was the same the other way also. Snatches of time grabbed between errands and requirements never fully measured up to dedicated time for each other. Something that he wished they had been able to heed sooner. He breathed in her scent and smiled. Small things indeed, but all the greater for it.

The music continued, with fewer dancers now he noted, and so they danced on.

~
~

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik