A tour of the city [attn: Anyone]

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Felix
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Felix Kal'Sarak - Dedicated
SC: Artur Baeyn - Drin'far'ji

A tour of the city [attn: Anyone]

Post by Felix » May 9th, 2016, 7:20 pm

Felix Kal'Sarak
The sun shined through the window and onto Felix’s bed. The beam of dawn light woke him and he jumped out of bed. He rushed to get ready. He was going to explore the city of Hama Valon this day, an exciting prospect. He got ready in a rush in his classic black uniform befitting a Dedicated of the Grey Tower. The Sword pin was put on his collar with special care and devotion. Felix walked out of his room before the sun had rose all the way on the horizon.

He walked quickly from his room to the stone stairs that would lead to the front entrance to the tower and out to the world beyond. Felix hoped he would find someone familiar with the city to show him around so that he would not get lost on his first day out.

Many others passed the young Dedicated as he walked briskly to the front hall. There were Dedicated men and Accepted out on chores and some exploring the town just as he was along with many Aes Sedai and Asha’man on personal business. There were many servants running errands for the tower denizens in the crowd as well.

The large doors stopped Felix’s fast walk and he just stood and stared at the barrier. He had not been out in the city since he arrived and so much had happened since that time. He had found out that he can smell violence and learned how to control Saidin as much as any man could. He had lived a whole other life since walking through those doors. He made new friends and a few companions. His life was more than just survival in the tower. He was on a greater path now!

The moment of contemplation passed and he looked around for someone to help him explore the city.
Image To exist is to change; to change is to mature; to mature is to create oneself endlessly. -Henri Bergson- [Tracker Thread]

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"
PC: Athilin Mansarn

Re: A tour of the city [attn: Anyone]

Post by Nani » June 2nd, 2016, 5:55 pm

Angelique al'Chan
Angelique enjoyed her morning as she stretched her body out. So accustomed to waking up early, she was incapable of sleeping in, and even though she had been at the Tower for a while now, she still woke up lonely without Garren next to her. Shaking off her loneliness, she was quick to pull her dress on, and grab her pouch of money. She headed for breakfast, eating quickly as she enjoying knowing that she wouldn't have to spend money for food there. But she was excited for spending the day getting caught up with her friends and getting a new dress, as well as something for Garren. It had been a while since she had gotten him anything, and she really wanted to get something he would enjoy. Perhaps a new pair of gloves, or a nice dagger.

With thoughts like that clouding her mind, she nearly walked into the back of a Dedicated in front of her, and just barely managed to keep her feet. However, she wasn't able to contain the noise that came from her lips, a short squeak of surprise. Glancing up at the Dedicated in front of her, she recognised her friend Felix. "Oh Felix! Are you headed for Hama Valon today?" She asked him, with a huge smile on her face. Without another thought, she wrapped her arms around his right arm, and held on. "If you are, come on, I'll show you around! I just want to hit up the seamstress for a new dress, and the blacksmith or the tailor for a gift." She said, her red hair wild and needing to be contained in a braid, which she would do once they were off towards Hama Valon.
Image Image

Felix
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Felix » June 3rd, 2016, 12:57 am

Felix Kal'Sarak
Everyone rushed about their own business with nary a look in his direction. How is it that everyone has so much to do in the city. All of these people can not be this busy. He stood in the path some and an accepted with bright red hair slammed into his back. He spun in reaction to the assault. His first instinct was to Seize Saidin, the thought passed as he recognized the particular Accepted in her banded white dress. It was Angel, his first and best friend in the tower. He would have to use more restraint he had almost channeled unprovoked.

"Oh Felix! Are you headed for Hama Valon today?" She asked with a smile.

"Yea, I was actually just looking for someone, anyone to show me the city. The only time I have been in the town is when I arrived before meeting you. She hooked arms with him and started walking out the doors of the tower.

She responded quickly, "If you are, come on, I'll show you around! I just want to hit up the seamstress for a new dress, and the blacksmith or the tailor for a gift."

"Thank you, Angel how have you been?" He asked with a broad smile on his face. You never realize how much you miss someone until they are gone and show up again.

"I see you are accepted now! Thats great I passed through the arches myself recently." He straightened his coat subconsciously as he spoke.

"I don't have much use for those places but I would love to see them and accompany you." He grinned as they walked slowly down the path towards the tower gates.
Image To exist is to change; to change is to mature; to mature is to create oneself endlessly. -Henri Bergson- [Tracker Thread]

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Nani » June 6th, 2016, 4:25 am

Angelique al'Chan
They were well on their way to Hama Valon, and Angelique was leaning her head against his shoulder as they walked. "I've been okay, trying really hard to get up to where I need to be. It's nice finally being able to Channel without supervision." She replied, with a smile before she disentangled herself for propriety's sake. After all, even if no one else knew it, she was a taken woman, and couldn't be seen making goo goo eyes at another man. Or else that man may no longer have a face once her wolfkin was done with him.

"I'm glad to see that you've achieved the Dedicated's pin. You worked really hard to catch up to us, we're all really impressed with you." She said with a smile at him, as they passed through the gates and headed for the city that surrounded it. "Ah, I should ask. What are your plans for today?" She inquired as she looked around her while braiding her hair quickly in a messy braid that she wound into a small bun at the nape of her neck. Once that was secured, she gave her skirts a small twirl. "Ah, this is glorious! A day off! I should be spending it in the Yards, looking over the Warder selection, but mmmm I'd rather head into town and spend a little money!"

Angelique grinned as she practically skipped next to him. A day off was great, but a day off with a great friend was even better!
Image Image

Felix
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Felix » June 7th, 2016, 7:29 pm

Felix Kal'Sarak
The pair passed shops and houses on both sides of the street. The streets were filled with passersby, a true city. Hawkers tried to sell everything that was not bolted down, people haggled over the prices of wares in the shops with their doors open to admit shoppers. More than one Aes Sedai or Asha’man passed through the crowded streets, they always got a path opened around them for respect's sake.

"Ah, I should ask. What are your plans for today?" Angel inquired as she looked around her while braiding her hair quickly in a messy braid that she wound into a small bun at the nape of her neck. Once that was secured, she gave her skirts a small twirl. Felix could not help but grin and let out a hearty laugh at the silly girl. It was good to see such happiness. It brightened the day of others.

"Ah, this is glorious! A day off! I should be spending it in the Yards, looking over the Warder selection, but mmmm I'd rather head into town and spend a little money!"

“I had no specific plans myself, so I can just tag along where you go and if I see a store I want to check out I’ll tell you sound good? He responded with a grin to show her the fun he was having already.

“I just came out to see the city, it's been so long since I walked these streets and last time I was so nervous that it all passed in a blur.” His head was swiveling back and forth taking in the sights of the beautiful city. It was nothing like his home but he would not trade it for the world.

“So where to first Angel? Seamstress?”

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Nani » June 19th, 2016, 10:41 pm

Angelique al'Chan
"That sounds delightful." She said with a smile at the man, before they walked towards the seamtress' place. "Yes, to Madame Munro. She's one of the best seamtress' in Hama Valon." Angelique smiled and they walked into the Seamtress' place. "Madame Munro!? She called out, before the woman walked out of the back.

"Is that my little Angel?" The woman asked as she opened her arms for Angelique to come give her a hug. The Accepted grinned softly and hugged her back. The woman was of medium height, slightly portly, very motherly appearing. Dark hair twisted into a bun at the nape of her neck, and beautiful hands she held Angelique close for a moment longer before setting her back to get a really good look at her. "You look so good darling, it's been much too long." Glancing up, she saw the Dedicated with her, and smiled with a raised eyebrow. "Who's this handsome man? You're not breaking the rules and getting involved with this strapping young man are you?" She asked, before Angelique shook her head and laughed softly.

"No no, this is my friend Felix. We happened to have a day off together." She said, before glancing around. "I'm looking for a yellow dress to wear at a festival. I'm aspiring Yellow to help people." Angelique said, before she wandered the store with Madame Munro in tow. "What about you young man? Is there anything you'd care for? We make both male and female clothing here."
Image Image

Felix
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Felix » June 27th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Felix Kal'Sarak
Felix followed Angel into the small Seamstress shop and watch as she was enthusiastically greeted by the shop owner. He watched the exchange with a smile on his lips.

I'm looking for a yellow dress to wear at a festival. I'm aspiring Yellow to help people." Angelique said, before she wandered the store with Madame Munro in tow. "What about you young man? Is there anything you'd care for? We make both male and female clothing here."

Felix followed the pair through the store and thought about the question. After dutiful thought he replied. “I would love a green sash with the emblem of Malkier on it, A golden crane in flight. Also maybe one with the symbol of the Tower on it. Hmm maybe something to bind my sword in for a peace oath so I can carry it during the festival.”

He smiled at Madame Munro before continuing “I am aspiring to the Green ajah, the Battle ajah and I should look the part.

He looked at Angel and asked “Am I allowed to wear a sash, I never really thought of the rules for clothing. I’ve never had reason.” He let out a small chuckle of mirth.

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Nani » July 2nd, 2016, 3:01 am

Angelique al'Chan
Madame Munro nodded and smiled. "We can accommodate that. If you give me your name I will make sure that it's delivered as soon as it's completed." She said, as she pulled out various shades of green silk for him to chose from. "If you'd like something more durable we have selections of broadcloth and brocade." The portly woman said with a grin. "We can add a small fringe if you like to mirror the Aes Sedai shawl if you like as well." Angelique gave a small giggle as she perused the yellow fabrics while Madame Munro talked to Felix, and glanced over at her friend.

"You can wear the sash, but I would save it for formal occasions for now. You wouldn't want people mistaking you for a fully fledged Asha'man when you haven't even taken your oaths yet." She said with a small hum as she spotted the fabric she wanted. Pulling out the shimmering gold fabric, she hoisted it over to the table. "This is the fabric I want Madam Munro. I think it will turn all the right heads int he direction that I desire." She spoke with confidence, knowing that Garren would love this shade of gold on her, and would be salvating at the thought of getting her out of it after. "Long dress, coloumn like, with a bunching on the right side, pleated, no sleeve. Angle neckline up to my left shoulder, and full sleeve on the left arm. Slit on the left side, from the hip to the ankle." She said, as she quickly sketched out what she wanted from the seamstress.

"Something fairly plain, but will look amazing once it's on me." Angelique said with a smile. "What's this going to run me?"
Image Image

Felix
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Felix » July 27th, 2016, 5:59 am

Felix
His cheeks reddened at the joke about the Aes Sedai frill. His anger flared because of the joke at his expense. The only sign of it was in his eyes they gleamed brightly. He suppressed the thoughts of inflicting pain on the portly women that popped into his head as Angel answered his question.

She quickly spouted off her order for the dress she wanted made to Madam Munro, he was taken aback when she said "Something fairly plain, but will look amazing once it's on me." The dress was anything but simple, he shook his head slightly as he walked towards the entrance and focused on the void that he instinctively called into existence. He pushed the dark thoughts into the flame in the center and calmed himself. The words of the Seamstress would have never bothered him months before but he had changed. Battle had changed him and tasting his darker half.

His mind jumped to the silent oath he had said to himself to follow the dark one. No one but he had heard the words in his mind but no one knew the extent of the dark ones reach on the land. He shivered visibly.

When angel approached him from the back of the seamstress shop he put a smile on his face that did not reach his eyes and asked in a calm voice. "So where to now Angel? Sweets maybe, as long as the baker doesn't tease me also." He let out a hearty chuckle at the jest. The mirth hid his dark thoughts that flickered on the edge of the void.

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Nani » July 27th, 2016, 5:18 pm

Angelique al'Chan
"Oh the usual. 15 silvers now, 15 on completion." Madame Munro replied to which Angelique nodded, and dug out the silvers required for payment. "Here you are Madame Munro. Do you need any measurements?" "No no, I remember everything unless you've grown recently." "Not at all, it's been a pretty calm year over all." Angelique smiled and then pulled out another 6 silver. "For his sash, in dark forest green. No fringe." Angelique whispered, before moving up towards the Dedicated, and taking his arm lightly led the way out of the shop. "The Baker sounds lovely. And I hope you didn't take offence to her comment in there, she's just good naturedly joking with everyone that enters her establishment." Angelique glanced up at him, noting that his smile didn't reach his eyes, but he was calm for the most part. Her eyes barely narrowed, and she turned slightly cautious. A part of her realized that while she had vetted all her friends well, she did not actually know the full allegiance of Felix.

But nothing about him, save what was going on right at this very moment, would ever make her suspicious. Her brother had been like this as well. There was no way that two people in her acquaintance could be the same. And as such, she smiled up at him, and led him the bakers. Once they entered, she smiled up at the man who knew her since she was younger, and glanced around the store. It was rather empty for the time of day, and she gave a small smile to the man. "We'll take two sandwiches, ham and cheese for me, and Felix, what would you care for?" She asked, glancing up at him. Once he had given his order in, she glanced at the cakes around them all, and pointed at one already cut. "I think we'll split a large slice of that after we've had the sandwiches."
Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik