Returned from the Wilds (Attn:Bella)

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Lugh
MoNSTer

Returned from the Wilds (Attn:Bella)

Post by Lugh » August 3rd, 2021, 6:48 pm

Beron Faim
Beron twitched as he walked through the halls of the Ajah Quarters. He had not been gone long enough to lose his way in the vast interior of the Grey Tower; but there were new faces everywhere he looked. The Accepted and Novices no doubt wondered what to make of the linen robe he wore, along with the sword belted to his hip and the color shifting cloak of a Gaidin folded over his arm.

He knew he looked a mess, not trusting himself to shave with how tired he had been; the months of growth on his beard was itchy and he kept himself from scratching it as he nodded to the passing learning ranks. He had been grateful to sink into the communal baths used by many of the Warder Yards, the hot water helping him scrub clean of the layers of road dust he had been wearing.

Being back at the Grey Tower, was allowing him to relax in a way he hadn't for a long time, and it left him feeling unsettled. When constant vigilance had been required for so long, it was hard to set that aside. One thing that helped was the knot of emotions in his head, the bond he shared with Isla Sedai, his Aes Sedai and lover. He smiled when he thought of being able to spend some time with her, knowing she had likely worked herself as ragged as he had.

The new faces had him making sure his weapon was ready to be drawn in a heartbeat, he might not look it in the linen robe the laundry attendants had given him, but the garment was loose enough he knew he would be able to still move well. One look at his travel stained clothes had caused the Drin on duty at the bath to shake her head, and he knew the laundry tubs would be working hard to save what coul be saved.

In typical borderlander practicality, he had already sent a Ji'val with a list of items he would like brought to his room. It would give the young man a chance to enjoy the city, and if it took a little longer for the Ji to fetch new clothes from the tailor so be it, Beron wasn't in a hurry this afternoon. He knew he needed rest, and there was no sense pushing himself through once more now that he was here.

As he entered their quarters, the bond letting him know Isla was not yet home, Beron noted the few new additions she had made, little touches that showed she had continued to build her home at the Grey Tower. Smiling, he draped his weapons and cloak on the racking he'd requested, and took the chance to look out over the tower grounds from their window.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Returned from the Wilds (Attn:Bella)

Post by Bella » August 4th, 2021, 11:32 pm

For once, the end of her shift in the infirmary could not come soon enough. In fact, she was ending it early, but her sense of responsibility would not let her leave until a proper replacement for her would have arrived and been ready to work. It was this part that she was waiting on anxiously, hoping the asha'man would be there soon.

Beron was finally home. It had been far too long.

Isla felt the bond in the back of her mind, larger and stronger than it had been since he'd left. She sensed his movement and his exhaustion, and all she wanted to do was be there. So much so that near all Aes Sedai calm went out the window when her replacement arrived and she nearly tackled him. (She didn't, but it was an embarrassingly close thing.)

Once he was settled in and she had filled him in on all the current patients, the Yellow Aes Sedai was out the door. She walked swiftly, making it look like important purpose rather than sheer impatience. Some nodded and greeted her. She nodded and greeted back, as polite as ever, until she reached the door of the quarters that had been too empty.

Pausing in front of the door, she stopped and collected herself for a moment before opening the door and peering inside, seeking Beron out as she shut the door behind her.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » August 11th, 2021, 6:23 pm

Beron
Beron was glad he had chosen to bathe before making his way back to the quarters he shared with Isla. As soon as he had gotten into their main room, he had noticed the little changes she had made here or there, and he wasn't surprised to see that his "room" had been kept neat and spotless as well.

With his weapons racked and his sword belt properly oiled so it could have a chance to undo some of the weather damage; it had been a battle to keep his eyes open. Excitement as seeing Isla, warred with the fatigue setting in; though the sensation of the bond so strong in his mind helped ease some of his tiredness.

He heard the door open to the common room, and made his way from the room that was kept for him. He and Isla were not yet married, so as her Warder he roomed within her quarters. But he felt his breath halt, then ease in his chest as he saw Isla again.

She looked beautiful, her hair up and away from her face from her Infirmary shift, but he could easily picture the curls tumbling down around her shoulders. He smiled when he saw her, the gesture warm and welcoming as he closed the distance between them and took Isla in his arms. A soft kiss was his greeting to her, gentle and undemanding after so long apart, but he did allow his arms to circle her waist and hold her close.

"It's great to see you Isla. Light knows it's been too damn long. I sent missives when I could, but they do not compare to this," Beron said softly as he kissed her once more and held her close.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 17th, 2021, 4:19 pm

Far, far too long...

His kiss was sweet and returned in kind, although she only let him enough time to speak a few words before her own kiss was a bit less...considerate. She had missed him terribly and felt a driving need to pour what of that she could into the way she wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her mouth against his.

When she stopped, really only for a need to breathe, she exhaled roughly and pressed her face into his chest. "They could not compare," she agreed, closing her eyes and simply taking him in. Without much thought to it, she embraced Saidar and let the weave of refreshing slide over him, if just to take away a little of his exhaustion for the moment. "I've missed you."

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » August 24th, 2021, 9:00 pm

Beron
The heat of her kiss was not lost on Beron, and he held her tighter as she left them both breathless. With her head on his chest, he could suddenly feel the cold sensation of a weave wash over him, and he felt much of the exhaustion that had been weighing him down fall from his shoulders.

One part of him wanted to tell her she didn’t need to do that, he would have recovered with rest and a few good meals. Another part though knew Isla cared fiercely for those she thought of as hers, and she was strong enough to carry a little tiredness for his sake.

With that thought in mind, and the flush of her kiss still heating his face, he let his newly reinvigorated muscles easily scope Isla up. Smiling at her surprise, he gave her his own kiss to make her breathless, before nibbling on her neck and asking, “If you have one more weave ready, we could probably use a reheat of the bath water they brought up. The worst I got off in the stables, but I’m sure you’d do a more thorough job.”

“I want to hear all you’ve been doing Isla. I’ve missed you more than I can say, for now though I’m just incredibly glad to be back,” he said as he held his lover close.

Bella

Post by Bella » September 3rd, 2021, 12:10 am

"I have all the strength in the world now," she said, still breathless, wrapping her arms about his neck and shoulders and holding herself as close to him as he held her. "I'd rather not even think about all the time as having existed that you weren't here." Her pale eyes glittered in the light, full of emotion as she looked up into his face.

"We can make sure we are both clean and clearheaded," she continued, stealing another kiss between her words, "and a good meal and a night where we can pretend the world outside does not exist. We can do that for tonight, yes?"

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » September 9th, 2021, 4:44 pm

"We can do that. I would love to do that with you," Beron said as he kissed her, the bond humming with the emotions both of them were feeling. He knew there would be time to settle back into a more normal routine, and the world just outside their quarters would not wait forever. But for now he held the woman he loved in his arms, and the whole of the Grey Tower stood vigil around them.

It took a moment to set down the readiness that had been trained into him, but he smiled when he heard Isla hum softly as she felt him relax and return her kisses with more intention. He made his way towards the bathroom, both of them kissing each other as they tasted the skin of neck and lips. Beron moved his hand on her back, his fingers finding the laces to her dress and he eased her out of her dress as the two of them got ready for the bath. The water was still warm, but as he kissed her shoulders softly he could see her face take on the look of channeling, and steam rose from the waters.

"One day, I'll take you to the baths in Saldaea. But today I am glad to have you to myself," he whispered in her ears as the warm water caressed them both.

Bella

Post by Bella » September 11th, 2021, 4:10 pm

Isla closed her eyes and took a moment to simply let it all wash over her... It was the water, it was the warmth and the hum of Saidar, it was his presence and the bond, the depth and intensity of their connection that had been pulled taut and quiet for so long now. It was almost too much, and yet at the same time, she could not get enough.

Leaning into him, she just kept...feeling. She enjoyed the emotions of the moment. "Tell me of Saldaea," she said. He had told her of it before, but she wanted to hear his voice and the way he felt when he spoke of it. Really, in that moment he could probably tell her about the latest incoming produce from the farm and she'd be happy.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » September 26th, 2021, 1:02 am

Beron
Beron was riding the edge of relaxing, the sensation of Isla so close drowning out everything else as they bathed together. And that simple pleasure did as much as her weave did to chase away the fatigue.

He could hardly believe they had found each other, and kept their feelings through climbing the learning ranks, being sent to the farm, and all the other hazards that had befallen the Grey Tower of late. But her head against his chest brought him a great sense of peace, and when she seemed to settle into the warm water, he let his hands gently caress her.

Smiling when she asked him about Saldaea, he thought for a moment and let the idea of home warm him. "Saldaea is beautiful Isla. Though the Borderlands all border the Blight, Saldaea has good strong mountains to help shield it. One the slopes of some of those mountains is where I grew up, a sort of terrace that had been shaped by giant sheets of ice long ago. My family grows mostly ice peppers, trading them for the things we can't grow, and the area was full of people. We had livestock, which I helped with lots when I was younger, although I often snuck away to climb the cliffs, or brave the runoff for a cool dip," he said with a chuckle.

"The people there know to celebrate life, enjoy the beauty of something well made. Music, wine, there is a lot of pride in doing a job well," he said idly, the words coming to him as he thought of home.

Bella

Post by Bella » October 14th, 2021, 11:52 pm

"It sounds lovely," she said, almost dozing off although not really. She was just relaxed to be near him again. "I've always wondered what it would've been like if I'd had a proper home. My father had a house, but obviously, as part of an army, we moved around a lot." Again, it wasn't news to either of them or new to be said, but it had been so long...

Someone once said, with lovers, no topic is ever complete, no conversation ever done... It was Austen, but Isla can't know that.

Even though she had brought up her father and her past, which were both terrible topics for her, she still smiled because she was with him and really thinking of his history. "It sounds like such a different life. It sounds like a good one to have grown up in, what you had."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik