To Learn to Heal (attn:Lou)

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

To Learn to Heal (attn:Lou)

Post by Alianora » February 25th, 2020, 11:21 pm

Dedicated Kalyan
With a heavy load of books in his arms, Kalyan still managed to hurry down the hallway to his next class. He wasn't late, or even close to it, just excited and eager to learn how Healing weaves actually worked. While he knew better than to run in the halls, the anticipation he felt made the Dedicated move quickly. He might not have been running, but he wasn't quite walking either. A glare from a passing Aes Sedai forced him to slow down, pausing to bow before continuing on his way. He made himself walk afterwards, still moving at a pace that was as fast as he could expect to get away with.

Since he was hurrying, and since the hallways near the infirmary had become familiar to him, Kalyan wasn't surprised when he looked into the classroom and found that he was early. He'd never before been the sort of student who arrived early to lessons, and the strangeness of it made the Dedicated pause by the door, trying to decide whether he should go inside to wait. After a while, he did, taking a place at a desk near the door. He watched the door for a very short time before getting bored. Glancing at the books piled on the desk, he decided it would be best to get some reading done while he waited. He flipped to the page he'd stopped on last night in the book on top of the pile, which covered simple Healing. His feet swung idly beneath him as he focused on his reading, classroom and lessons nearly forgotten.

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

Re: To Learn to Heal (attn:Lou)

Post by Lou » March 13th, 2020, 1:50 pm

"Let the Gaidin rest up now, Healing does take a lot out of them, and while those stubborn fools like to think they are indestructible, they are not."

"Yes, Asha'man al'Sheara."

Barad looked down to the Accepted who bobbed him a curtsy and moved off. He watched her go, and hoped that she was able to keep the Gaidin in the bed, though he would be surprised if she could. It would be a good lesson for her if she wished to be Yellow as she claimed, after all halof their trouble was keeping their Patients from going out and just ruining all their hard word all over again. Especially the female Gaidin in his opinion, they could be quite prickly about wanting to be up and out again before they were fully recovered. But was I any different when I was hurt? He smiled to himself and rubbed a hand over his well kept, shirt beard. He knew that Healers made the worst patients, and he had been proof of that a few years back. But then Asha'men were supposed to be hard, to be weapons, but they were just men after all, and they had feelings, no matter how hard they tried not to.

Hearing the bell, Barad swore under his breath, and moved to the entrance to the infirmary. He told the sitting Novice that he would be back shortly, and then made his way to the classrooms. It had been decided to cancel the class, except for a certain few, who would all be having some one on one time with a Healer in the infirmary. Barad had agreed, and he was on his way to pick his Dedicated. He knew a little of Dedicated Kalyan Rihera, he had taught him in a few lessons, and he seemed like a curious young man. Barad liked curiosity, it left room for work, where as arrogance made things twice as hard.

Arriving at the classroom, Barad saw the young man waiting for him, and he stood in the doorway. "Dedicated Kalyan Rihera, I hope you are ready to get your hands dirty." He told him, "Pick up your books and come with me, we are having a more practical lesson today."
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » March 19th, 2020, 10:11 pm

Dedicated Kalyan
Kalyan hadn't found the first Healing he'd done to be very difficult, but as he continued reading, he quickly came to the conclusion that learning to Heal properly would be much more challenging than he'd thought. That didn't deter him from his desire to learn, however, and he bent his head as he continued to read. Losing himself in his studies, the Dedicated didn't notice the Asha'man standing in the doorway, and when the man spoke to him, Kalyan jumped. The cover of the book slipped from his hand to bang against the wooden desk.

Embarrassed by his lack of attention, he stood up from his seat and bowed, then closed his book properly. Only after that did Kalyan realize that he knew the Asha'man at the door, a familiar instructor from a few of his lessons as a Soldier. The Dedicated smiled, but for once, said nothing as he gathered his books from the desk. Kalyan had been expecting a lesson in the classroom, but it sounded as if Barad Asha'man had a rather different sort of lesson in mind. While Kalyan hadn't minded the idea of a classroom lesson too much when the subject was so important, he had to admit to himself that he much preferred the idea of learning something outside of the books and the classroom walls. He hurried over towards the doorway, and when the Yellow left the room, Kalyan followed him.

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » April 8th, 2020, 9:36 am

Image[/img]
It always amused Barad how the learning ranks were so ready to jump to attention when a Black uniform and two silver pins walked into the room, and gave an order. He knew he was no where near as harsh as some of his fellow Brothers, but then he blamed the love of a good woman for that. She had smoothed out most of his rough and harsher edges, and now he only adopted the cold mask of rank when he had to. He was a big believer of using homey to catch flies, and flies being the learning ranks minds and attention, though he was not against using the stick over the carrot if he needed to.

Barad slowed his pace, having quite the stride and allowed the lad to catch him up. Once he had, Barad looked to the side as they walked through the Tower corridors. "We are going to be working in the infirmary today, Kalyan, do you have any issues with such?" The lad wanted to be a Yellow Brother, but that would mean he would need to get used to the messiness that they dealt with in there. Not everything was easy to fix with Healing, sometimes there was blood and guts and gore to contend with. Would the Lad be able to stomach such?

"What makes you think you wish to be a Brother of the Yellow Ajah?" Barad asked casually, "Speak freely, Kalyan, there is no wrong answer."
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » April 10th, 2020, 10:19 pm

Dedicated Kalyan
Turning his head to look at the Asha'man, Kalyan blinked at the question. He shook his head, then looked forward again. "No, I don't have any problem with working in the infirmary," he said as they continued to walk at a somewhat slower pace than Barad Asha'man had initially set. "I've got younger sisters back home, and I help out at the orphanage sometimes. No matter how much you watch them, children seem to find the most inventive ways of getting hurt." He couldn't say it didn't bother him, exactly, but thinking back to Mireya's accident, the Dedicated knew he could handle it.

The next quesrion was not so easy, for the simple reason that Kalyan had no idea whether he wanted to be Yellow. He gave the Asha'man an uncertain glance as he thought about what to say. He liked Barad Asha'man well enough, but if he expected to hear about a decision already made, the Asha'man was going to be disappointed. The Dedicated sighed and said, "Honestly, I don't know yet whether I want to be Yellow or not. I just want to learn more about Healing. When I was a Soldier, I found out that I might have some Talent with it, and if that's true, I think I need to know how to use it. Right now I don't know anything more than we all learn as Soldiers, and some of what I've read on my own." He shifted the pile of books he carried from one arm to another as they approached the infirmary's door.

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » April 27th, 2020, 12:21 pm

Barad ran a hand over his beard as the Dedicated next to him spoke of his past, and considered the man next to him. Did he realise that there was a good chance he would not see his Sisters again? Or do something as simple as help out at an orphanage. He had seen many Dedicated and Accepted come to him and speak of noble reasons, and very few ever played out. They were in a fight with the Dark One, his minions and those men who wished to use these times for their own gains. Often times they were called to other pursuits and their dreams forgotten to the sands of time. And to continued to think of his childhood home as home and not the Grey Tower meant that he did not yet feel the hold that they had on him. "I am glad that you have see some of the most inventive injuries, Recruits will put those children to shame with what they can do to one another." He said, putting a small smile on his lips, to lighten the mood, mostly to his own dour thoughts.

Had Kalyan answered any other way, Barad would have walked around and headed back to the class rooms. He did not want to hear any kind of certainty in a Dedicated's voice, they were too young with too many choices yet ahead of them. Not to mention, if you had a talent, you should know how to use it. Especially one as useful as healing, no matter what Ajah you ended up in. Healers would all be needed come Tarmon Gadon, after all not all Aes Sedai and Asha'Men were born to fight. "That was the right thing to say, Kalyan. You should not know what you want to do yet, this is your time to explore and mostly learn. It is true that some talents pull you to certain Ajah's than others, but the choice always comes from here." He tapped his heart as he pushed open the infirmary door, and nodded to the Accepted who was manning the reception.

"Dedicated, leave your books with the Accepted, you will not need them for the next couple of hours." He told the young man, and waited as he did as he was asked. When his hands were free, Barad led him to a small sink where he himself began to wash his hands. "Cleanliness is always important. Yes, we can treat and Heal most infections, but it would be better to not let them take root in the first place." He told the young man as he seized saidin and began to use Air and Water to dry his hands and deposited the droplets of water into the basin. He waited for the Dedicated to do the same, before he gestured to the domains of the Yellow Ajah. "Have you been in before Dedicated?"
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » May 3rd, 2020, 1:17 am

Dedicated Kalyan
To hear that Barad Asha'man did not, after all, expect a definite decision from him was a relief. As he listened to the Asha'man speak, Kalyan thought to himself that it might take him years to know for sure where his future lay. That left him in a contemplative mood as he pushed open the infirmary door, following his instructor, and handed his pile of books to the Accepted inside. When they reached the sink, he channeled, Water to wash his hands and Air to dry them, listening carefully to everything Barad Asha'man had to say to him. It made sense to him that they had to avoid anything that might worsen the condition of a patient already in need of Healing, and the thought of that encouraged him to be a little slower and more meticulous in his task than he might have been otherwise.

When that was done, Kalyan lifted his head and surveyed the room, getting his first real look at the whole infirmary. It wasn't the first time he'd been here, but when he'd visited for chores or the occasional injury, he hadn't been especially attentive to more than his immediate surroundings. Today, Kalyan felt as if he needed to be aware of everything, and his gaze traveled from one side of the large main room to the other. There were doors lining one of the side walls, which Kalyan guessed would lead to smaller, more private rooms.

Other than that, the scene before him was one of impeccably organized chaos. From where they stood, the Dedicated could see a man with a heavily bandaged leg laying in a bed, an obviously pregnant woman seated on another, and a third occupied by a young Drin with bloodstains on the front of her grey uniform.These were not the only patients, of course, and as he continued to look around, Kalyan could see that most of the beds were filled. People moved quickly through the room, mostly Yellows tending the patients, but he also saw a few in black or white rolling bandages and folding laundry. It was a little overwhelming for the Dedicated, and Kalyan wondered to himself, How do they ever know where to begin? He became distracted, watching and thinking about it, and as a result, was startled when Barad Asha'man spoke to him.

Kalyan blinked, then looked up at the other man and nodded. "I've been in here before for chores, mostly," he said, "a couple times for Healing, and once with a class I took. I've never done any sort of work here before though, except for the chores everyone is assigned eventually."

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » May 29th, 2020, 2:34 pm

https://cdnw.nickpic.host/r99KuJ.png
Barad knew he would be watching the lad more than anything else today, and he did not think that he would be disappointed. Kalyan seemed to take his time, think before he spoke, and seemed to be observant enough to take everything in. He was sure that if the lad did decided to add a yellow knot to his black when he gained the dragon pin, that the Ajah was simply be better and stronger for it. But what would he decide to do, he wondered. Would be be the type to lock himself away and experiment on weaves and herbs? Be the front like here in the infirmary? Or maybe he wanted to go off to the front lines of battles, heal the wounded and see them fight to once again. There were so many possibilities with the Yellow, more than many ever thought about.

He nodded as Kalyan spoke of being here to do chores, and a healing class. It made sense. He wondered if his chores here had been for an infraction, as stupid behaviour was usually rewarded with time in the infirmary to see the results of such actions. "I am pleased to see you know your way around here, it will make life much easier." He smiled and rubbed his hands together, before he nodded in the direction of the pregnant woman. "Let us start with this young lady, shall we?"

He made his way over, knowing that Kalyan would be on his heels. "Good afternoon, I am Asha'man Barad al'Sheara, and this is Dedicated Kalyan Rihera." He introduced, before reaching for the woman's notes on the end of the bed. "The first thing we always do is check out the notes, so we know what the previous Healers have done, or the notes that the check in staff have made." He looked over and saw that the woman was here for a check up due to some cervical pains, and that the notes say she was about seven months gone. He handed the notes to Kalyan, so he could read over what had been done so far, which was little except make a note of the woman's pain when she had come in. She was a resident of Hama Valon, and her husband has encouraged her to come in and be checked.

"Please, Madam Burle, give us some details of what you feel and what has been happening. Leave nothing out, no matter how trivial." He smiled to the woman encouragingly as she spoke, before looking to Kalyan at the end. "What do you think should be our course of action?"
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 1st, 2020, 11:38 pm

Dedicated Kalyan
Kalyan followed Barad Asha'man to the bedside of the pregnant woman he'd noticed earlier. He smiled at her as the Yellow introduced them both and explained the purpose of the notes hanging by her bed. Kalyan took them when the Asha'man offered them to him and read quickly through the few pages that were there, but what he read didn't tell him much beyond her name and her reason for coming to the infirmary. He listened intently as Madam Burle began to describe her pain, hoping that what she had to say would be of more use than the limited notes he'd just read.

The woman's dark eyes darted from the Asha'man to Kalyan and back again. "Honestly," she said, "it's probably nothing. I just have this cramping sort of pain sometimes, usually in the afternoon after I've been working most of the day. They go away if I rest, so I've been trying to rest more. " She shrugged and said, "This is my fourth child, you see, so I'm quite used to pregnancy by now. I had the same sort of pain with my last son, and he was perfectly healthy. I don't think it's anything other than my body preparing to give birth, but my husband frets so and he wouldn't stop worrying until I agreed to come in."

Pregnancy wasn't something Kalyan knew much about despite all the studying he'd been doing, and the Dedicated was inclined to trust Madam Burle's assessment of her pain far more than anything he could come up with. He looked towards Barad Asha'man, expecting the Yellow to have some sort of response, but instead, the other man met his eyes and asked what he thought.

Kalyan had not been expecting that, fully aware that any knowledge he might have was still very limited, and the Dedicated blinked in surprise. He tried to think of everything he'd read recently that might have been related to pain during pregnancy, and came up with nothing. Other subjects came to mind, how to set a broken bone, the herbs to give to bring down a fever, but nothing even a little related to the problem he currently faced.

Kalyan sighed, feeling as if he were being given a test that he was failing rather spectacularly. "I don't know what the cause of her pain might be," he admitted, embarrassed. With a glance towards the patient, Kalyan said, "Since Madam Burle says it's nothing, and that she's had similar pain before, I would guess that she's probably correct." He paused, turning his head to look up at the Yellow while he thought. "I don't think we can just assume it's nothing and send her on her way without doing anything, though," the Dedicated said, thinking out loud. "A Delving weave might be useful to learn more."

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » June 24th, 2020, 10:21 am

Barad watched as he let Kalyan take the lead with the Pregnant woman, asking her the right questions, and listened attentively when she spoke of having had other children, and just wanting to have been checked out. He stood quietly, a presence that would make Kalyan feel more secure in what he said and did, though Barad would give nothing away, wanting the lad to work through this himself. He had a good mind, from what Barad had read in his class work and from their brief chat on the way into the Infirmary today. But there would not always be someone to watch over what you did, and so they had to learn to rely on their own judgement.

He watched as the lad began to work through it on his own, logically coming to the conclusion that he needed to do a Delving to see what was causing the pain. That was the right course of action, always. He nodded and smiled to the lad, and to the pregnant woman on the bed. "I agree, Dedicated Rihera, it is what I would do." He was doing him the courtesy to call him by a title, which would put the patient at ease. And which he was earning by thinking logically. "Remember, though we turn none away to come to the Yellow Infirmary, some have waited hours to see one of us. So the least we can do in some cases is a Delving to check and put our patients at ease."

He looked to the woman on the bed. "We trust your instincts, Madam Burle, as your experience in something me and Dedicated Rihera can ever know. But we shall do a Delving, I shall let the Dedicated here explain what he is doing as he does it, so please lay back and relax. You are in excellent hands here." As he said that he gestured to Kaylan, and his excellent hands. Sometimes a little confidence was needed on both sides. A Grey Sister had once taught him that.
Image Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik