To Speak of the Future attn: Miahala

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

To Speak of the Future attn: Miahala

Post by Alianora » March 29th, 2019, 1:14 am

Accepted Amaranie Tice
As she walked down the hallway, Amaranie raised a hand to cover a yawn. It was still early, and she blinked tired eyes in the morning sunlight that filtered through the windows of the Tower. She had not walked through these particular hallways often, and knew she needed to pay close attention to where she was going, but the Accepted was finding that rather difficult. Her feet kept moving, eyes tracking the path ahead of her, but in her mind, Amaranie struggled to ignore the memories of last night's dream.

The woman in the dream had had her own pale skin and dark brown hair, and stood in front of a mirror, tugging at the sleeves of her dark purple dress. Amaranie hadn't been able to see more than the back of the dream woman, but that hadn't stopped her from seeing the dress change as the woman pulled at it, flashing from purple, to blue, to green, all while the woman kept trying to adjust it. Eventually, it changed back to the same purple it had been at the beginning of the dream, and the woman had stood still before a moment before turning so that Amaranie could see her.

A shiver ran up her spine as Amaranie thought of the end of the dream. She had seen her own face looking back at her, but with a calm self-assurance that Amaranie could only wish she had. It had only been an ordinary dream, not one of those which hinted at the future, but it had still kept her awake for much of the night.

She shook her head, trying not to think about it, and quickened her pace a little. She looked carefully at the walls as she passed. This section of the hallways was decorated with all sorts of tapestries, and with the colors of all eight Ajahs, but Amaranie was looking carefully for the colors to change over to mostly greens, with scenes of war and battle hanging. That would mark the turn into the halls of the Green Ajah, where she had never once been and had not thought to be.

She was glad enough to be headed there, though, with the dream still echoing in her mind. She had arranged to meet with Miahala Sedai, the former Mistress of Novices, who Amaranie trusted even if she was still just a little bit scary. From her, the Accepted hoped to learn more of the duties of an Aes Sedai, how to know if she wished to live that life, and what she might choose to accomplish if she did. She thought she might also bring up that odd dream, if it continued to nag at her. Like herself, the Green was one of the Tower's very few Dreamers, and Amaranie found it easier to speak to her on that subject than to any of her Indigo teachers.

Soon enough, the Accepted noticed the change in the halls to green walls and green floor tiles, and made the turn into the quarters of the Green Ajah. She did not have to go very far into them before reaching the door of the small meeting room she'd been told to come to, and she raised her hand to knock.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: To Speak of the Future attn: Miahala

Post by Bella » April 1st, 2019, 10:48 pm

While Miahala had enjoyed her third tenure as the Mistress of Novices, she would be lying to say that she wasn't as glad to see it pass on to another...even if that other was her sister-in-law, who she was still uncertain about. Whenever she and Elia were in the same space together, they tended to circle mentally like wary cats.

Ah well. This morning was not about that, it was about a young Accepted who needed to speak of the future and the things that would be coming her way as she ascended to the shawl.

Iain--not so little any more, it seemed--was with his father, so her office was quiet. She heard the knock and called for the person on the other side of the door to enter. Looking up, she saw the somewhat familiar face of the young Accepted who had spoken to her about Dreams, once a time back.

"Hello, Accepted," she greeted with a smile but genuinely pleasant smile. "Have a seat." She waved to the green-cushioned sofa. "Can I offer you some tea before we begin?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » April 4th, 2019, 10:17 pm

Accepted Amaranie
Miahala Sedai had only spoken a few words to her, and already Amaranie was feeling out of place. The words were polite, the office itself seemed to be meant to welcome guests, and yet something about it made the Accepted want to flee to the familiarity of the Vaults. She did her best to ignore it as she shook her head with a quiet, "No, thank you, Miahala Sedai. Should I pour some for you?" That always seemed to be the expectation when tea was offered, and Amaranie had no reason to think otherwise today.

While waiting for an answer, she moved to the sofa she'd been pointed to, perching rather stiffly on the edge of her seat. Looking at the Aes Sedai, the subject of more than a few of the tales that flowed through the Accepted quarters, Amaranie found it hard to believe she would ever bear the same title as the other woman. Like all of the Aes Sedai, Miahala Sedai had a calm sort of dignity about her that Amaranie thought she, with her shy and emotional nature, could never hope to possess. However, the Accepted did try to at least pretend it was possible for her, sitting up straight in her seat with her hands folded in her lap.

Bella

Post by Bella » April 11th, 2019, 9:48 pm

"No, no need to pour," Mia said with a wry smile. She could barely remember what it was like to be that rank, but she knew what most of her sisters were like now. Or, at least, many. She was not like them in a great many ways, and a stubborn streak of independence was one of them. She preferred to do things for herself.

After pouring some tea that she reheated with a flicker of Fire, she moved to sit beside the young, clearly-anxious woman.

"So," she began, taking a sip and then setting it on the coffee table. Today, her long auburn hair streaked with silver was in a loose braid over her shoulder and hung against her simple, Saldaean-styled dark green dress. She was not a woman prone to ostentation, even sometimes when it was called for. "I believe you wished this meeting to discuss the Ajahs and your future among one of them?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » April 13th, 2019, 1:34 am

Accepted Amaranie
Amaranie had moved a hand to the arm of the couch, bracing herself to get up quickly as soon as Miahala Sedai asked her to pour tea. Even as the Aes Sedai spoke, the Accepted was already balanced precariously halfway out of her seat. She was already certain of the response she'd get, and it took her a couple seconds to process the polite refusal she was not at all used to receiving. Amaranie sat back down, a little awkwardly, further back in her seat than she had previously been.

She did not care whether Miahala Sedai poured her own tea, but it felt strange to be sitting there idly while the Aes Sedai did so. Even more strange was that instead of sitting in one of the other chairs, Miahala Sedai chose to sit beside her as if they were old friends instead of an Aes Sedai and an Accepted. Amaranie turned her head towards the other woman, grey eyes wide with surprise.

She nodded shyly at the question, not really sure how to explain what she wanted to know. Do I even have a future here? That she would one day wear the shawl was yet another one of those expectations placed on Accepted like herself that Amaranie wasn't sure she could ever meet. It was quite some time before Amaranie could manage to make herself speak.

The Accepted looked down at her hands as she softly said, "I'm not sure I have a future within any of the Ajahs. I know it's what I should want, what I'm working towards, but when I try to imagine the life I might have in any of them....I just can't see it." She dared a nervous glance up, fearing judgment, then looked down again.

Bella

Post by Bella » April 18th, 2019, 10:31 pm

Fear and anxiety radiated off the girl as if she were the sun hanging overhead during a bright sunny day. Miahala was...well, she was used to it, quite frankly. Few Aes Sedai made it to her age without eliciting such a reaction from many younger than she, but this girl seemed to be suffering from it a little more pronounced than the average.

"Be at ease," Miahala said, watching the girl over the rim of her teacup as she took a sip. Her hopes that these words would work was slim, but she tried. "Is it that you cannot decide which Ajah would suit you or that you struggle to see yourself as an Aes Sedai at all?" Mia had heard it all, at one point or another.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » April 19th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Accepted Amaranie
Amaranie fidgeted with the hem of a sleeve, made more nervous by Miahala Sedai's words instead of less. As she thought about what to say, she stopped toying with the hem, fingers moving up the sleeve of her dress until they rested over the fabric that covered her scar. Without looking up, the Accepted said quietly, "I already know what Ajah I would choose, if I could. Over the past years, I've slowly started working mostly under sisters from that Ajah, and what I've learned fascinates me." She didn't have the nerve to name the Ajah of which she spoke, aware that some of the Aes Sedai more than disapproved of an Accepted mentioning her choice before being raised.

At some point, her hand had begun to move again, tracing the familiar path up and down her scar. The nervous habit was so normal for her that Amaranie rarely gave it any notice. She looked up, blinking at the Aes Sedai and struggling to find words. "It's just....every Aes Sedai I've ever met has had this sort of calm about her, as if nothing ever affects any of you." Some of them almost seemed not to have human feelings at all, which Amaranie could not understand. "And I....I'm nothing like that," she admitted, looking down at her sleeve again. "I'm not sure I ever will be." Or that I'd want to.

Bella

Post by Bella » May 4th, 2019, 9:02 pm

Miahala simply sat, and watched, and listened...perhaps comparable to a bird of prey sitting on a fence and watching a field mouse, but contrary to how she seemed, it was all with kindly intent. She was, truly first and foremost, a mother. And multiple times over. She had raised many children into lives in the Grey Tower and out of it.

"The best advice I can give you," she began once Amaranie stopped speaking, "applies both to now and to your future. Don't assume you know the truth of things simply because of how it looks, and don't always believe everything you see. Many Aes Sedai do have that level of calm, but you can't know where it comes from for each of us.

"And not all of us have it, and not all the time. But some may try a little harder when learning ranks are around, because we want to be good examples for you all. But when all is said and done, all Aes Sedai, Asha'man, and Gaidin grow up to live their own lives and their own truths, so you don't have to be an Aes Sedai like all others. You will be your own. And that's fine.

"We learn by emulating, but don't lock the image of your future in your head based on how someone else seems."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » May 6th, 2019, 10:19 pm

Accepted Amaranie
Miahala Sedai's advice was a direct contradiction to some of what Amaranie had been told over the years by other Aes Sedai, and it took the Accepted some time to think through the resulting confusion. Her finger continued to move up and down her arm while she thought, and when Amaranie finally looked up and spoke, her grey eyes were wide in her pale face. "But.....isn't it required, that an Aes Sedai be able to present herself that way? I mean....not to question you, but....that is what I've been told by others." Red flushed in her cheeks at that statement, as nearly every time she'd heard that had taken place during a scolding for behavior unbecoming of an Accepted.

As she felt the heat rising in her face, Amaranie looked down, frustrated that she seemed to be demonstrating to Miahala Sedai just why she felt herself unfit to bear the title of Aes Sedai. Her hand stopped moving, and she moved it to her lap, clasping her hands together as she tried to conceal her embarrassment. Any such attempt always seemed to require a great amount of effort from her, and Amaranie's head dropped lower as she wondered, Will I ever learn the self-control I need if I want to be Aes Sedai? What surprised the Accepted was the small spark inside herself that wanted very much to be found worthy of becoming one.

Bella

Post by Bella » May 14th, 2019, 1:55 am

With a small, almost amused smile, Mia lifted her shoulders in a small shrug. "Like I said... Every Aes Sedai is their own. They project images of serenity, images of power. The way they do it and the degree to which they do it are very different according to each one. And many of us do not perfect such images until after we are Aes Sedai.

"What is expected of you to become an Aes Sedai is to be mature, and learn to conduct yourself responsibly. That doesn't mean becoming a copy of other Aes Sedai, however, or other Accepted."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik