Special Delivery [Attn: Murdock Mather Asha'man]

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Special Delivery [Attn: Murdock Mather Asha'man]

Post by Bella » May 31st, 2018, 1:42 am

It was truly only the fact that she had spent well over a century as an Aes Sedai carved from ivory that let her keep her utterly straight face as she looked at him, standing there with a kerchief to his wounded face. She really wasn't normally one to laugh at the pain of another, but...well.... She just couldn't help it here.

"I'm just waiting for you," she said flatly, with just a hint of feigned innocence. "Come along now." She stood with her back against the bookcase, to make sure it stood open while he walked through.

She let him go first, sending her small ball of dancing light on ahead of him as he made his way oh-so-slowly down the tunnel. This certainly wasn't any average house in the Saldaean countryside, she could tell that much. She knew that they were still within her home nation, since she had come here from her family's home before this...catastrophe took place.

Miahala could feel the bond in her mind as it swelled with Ravak's nearness. Relief burst in her heart to know that he would be here soon, and she wanted to hurry but knew she'd have to outright bowl Murdock over to do so.

"We will have assistance soon after emerging from this tunnel," she said simply.

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Murdock Mather, Keeper of the Archives
SC: Nathaniel Carridus, Asha'man (Blue)
TC: Maever Donovan, Asha'man (Yellow)

Post by Matty » June 3rd, 2018, 4:34 pm

Murdock It was probably a good job Murdock went first. It meant the Green couldn't overtake him and leave him behind, but it also meant she couldn't see the glower on his face.

Waiting for him. Bah! These bloody non-Oath taking excuses for channellers thinking they were above rebuke. (Yes, Murdock could lie, but that didn't really count...) he knew that tone and as he limped on ahead he thought about how much he'd enjoy making her scream instead. Oh, to make that pretty, smug face contort with pain as he turned her bones to mush, then made her try and walk on a broken leg. He was excellent at Shielding, they were alone in this dark tunnel, and who was going to point the finger at him?

Unfortunately, reason won out in the end, for Murdock was a practical man. He was having plenty of trouble trying to walk with his cane, his books, and the cloth on his nose, probably half the speed of these kids with their two working legs. He was far too pre-occupied to be able to divert his attention and bother torturing Miahala. Besides, her moronic husband would feel it in the bond and from the sounds of it he was fairly close. Murdock would have to wait until he had them both in a quiet location, a sort of two-for-one deal. Elia would hate him for it.

"Ow ow ouch," Murdock hissed to himself as he went over a particularly bumpy bit of the uneven path.

Murdock assumed it would be Miahala's husband turned Warder as opposed to any actual, useful assistance at the end of the tunnel, though when they eventually came to what appeared to be a rather squat exit they had to crawl out of - it was about Murdock's waist height - he was not impressed. Crawling was not something he made a habit of. However, he didn't grumble, he just kneeled down slowly, pushed through his cane and books, and then wriggled on through as best he could. The Brown straightened up to see a beautiful, cold night sky, and he inhaled the frosty air with a small smile on his face as he picked his things up and checked his nose was no longer bleeding. It wasn't, thankfully.

"I don't see any, ah, assistance," Murdock observed, taking a look around. "Are you able to make a Gateway from here?"
------ Murdock -------------- Nathaniel --------------- Maever -------

Bella

Post by Bella » June 5th, 2018, 1:47 am

Truth be told, Miahala was hardly thrilled about the crawling either. Her dress had divided skirts for riding, but that still wasn't quite as useful as a pair of breeches for going around on one's hands and knees. But she was not one to shirk anything, so she made do and came out on the other side of that horrid little tunnel.

Of course, it really had only been the company to make it so. She just had this deep-seated need to be as far away from the Keeper of the Archives as she could be.

Are you able to make a Gateway from here?

She knew that Ravak was due to arrive at any moment, but she wasn't feeling inclined to share much of anything more with the Asha'man, so she simply wrapped Saidar into the weaves of the Gateway and was rather thrilled to see that she now could. She opened up to the traveling yards of the Grey Tower.

"I'll wait here for Ravak," she said simply, knowing he would suffer no obligation to stay here with her when the door home was just ahead of them.

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Murdock Mather, Keeper of the Archives
SC: Nathaniel Carridus, Asha'man (Blue)
TC: Maever Donovan, Asha'man (Yellow)

Post by Matty » June 5th, 2018, 7:12 am

Murdock The Gateway opening to the Grey Tower was a pleasant sight indeed and there was an impulsive moment where Murdock wanted to just snatch his books up and trot on through, leaving Miahala to her own devices. He was itching to get back to his room, forget this had ever happened, and read his books.

But he didn't. As much as he wanted to, Murdock was well aware that he ought to play the part of the civil gentleman and wait for Ravak to arrive, despite the fact that Murdock wasn't a fighter and there was still the mystery of who put them in the basement in the first place. "If it's all good with you, I think I'll stay as well," he said. "We don't know who orchestrated this and they could still be out there. Why, if they know about the tunnel then they'll know where it leads and where we came out." The man looked around a little warily; he wasn't a fighter by nature, he didn't want a confrontation with anyone. "Besides which, if I leave you alone and something bad happens I would feel rather terrible. Especially since we're family, technically." It didn't really bother Murdock as much as it could have, but he would enjoy reminding Miahala of the fact every so often just to make her twitch. Part of him was still smarting about his busted nose.

The Brown limped to a nearby rock and sat down carefully, stick propped against the natural wall as he looked over the first of the books he had taken. Ahhh knowledge. Murdock didn't get quite as excited about literature as most other Browns - Katrie's gormless fascination was an embarrassment to the Ajah - but he did appreciate that the more one knew, the more they could arm themselves, and the man was determined to find out as much as possible about his daughters and their whereabouts.

"Whoever put us both here," Murdock muttered as he scanned the first page. "I wonder if they had anything to do with my daughters and their disappearance. It seems too much of a coincidence for there to be records from Far Madding's gates readily available, not to mention our family tree." There was nothing snide in his tone, the man was clearly thinking out loud instead of trying to irritate the Green. "I think it prudent for us to exercise caution in the coming months, and perhaps not venture out alone. If I receive any more leads I will let you know where I am going, just in case." He didn't invite her along but the "invitation" was there, so she knew he'd have company if she was around.
------ Murdock -------------- Nathaniel --------------- Maever -------

Bella

Post by Bella » June 8th, 2018, 1:23 am

After he declined, Miahala looked at the open Gateway for several moments...wondering just how bad it would be if she just, you know, pushed him through and let it close. It would be for his own safety, right? She had absolutely no confidence that if the person who locked them in there returned, Murdock would be any use in protecting her.

More likely, he would be a liability and she would have to protect him.

In the end, she did not push him through. As much as she might want to. He went to sit down and she let the Gateway close, feeling the bond growing in her mind...yet not fast enough to save her.

She had to restrain a laugh at the "exercise caution" part, since he obviously didn't know her very well. However, she did not intend to go anywhere outside of the Tower alone. And she knew, from painful experience, that even within those crystal walls, a very determined enemy could still reach out...

"That sounds prudent, yes," she agreed, stifling all trace of emotion from her voice and her expression. "I will do the same, should I discover any leads on this matter as well. I will certainly continue to look into it."

She was loathe to give too much away, but since they were somehow entangled in this together... "Whoever did this knew my family here enough to use their names to lure me here. I thought I was coming to see one of my kin, and instead, I was ambushed and tossed down the stairs." It scared her, and yet she had been a target of the Shadow for more than a hundred years.

One almost got used to it.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik