Unexpected Shades From The Past (Closed RP)

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

Unexpected Shades From The Past (Closed RP)

Post by Lou » April 28th, 2020, 3:27 pm

Tala sat on her bed in her room in the White Tower and stared down at the note in her hands. It had been delivered to her not twenty minutes before, and she still found she could not bring herself to open it and read its contents. She recognised the hand her name had been written in on the front, and the image pressed into the green ink that was keeping it closed: a broad lead with a treble cleft that say in the leaf’s middle. That symbol was unique to the band of Tuatha’an that her father led, and that meant he had sent her the note that now sat unread in her hands. I am no coward, but I am Lost, so why have they chosen now to contact me? It had been years since she had seen her family, after they left her at the Inn in Arad Doman, and in those years she had gotten over her loneliness and settled into the Grey Tower and what was now expected of her. But now the note in her hands told her that they may have come to Hama Valon, and the thought of seeing them face to face threatened to rip her up inside.

She had been sitting in Asha'man Simon's study when the message had arrived, brought to her by a small Novice, a girl with remarkable red hair and a smattering of freckles across her nose. She had looked nervous handing the message to Talaitha, but the sight of Asha'man Simon of the Grey behind her was enough to make the girl squeak, blush and dart away. She had smiled to herself as she thought of the man behind her, she had to admit the man was handsome, in a stern kind of way, but he was nothing compared to the man she did love. Simon had given her leave to read her letter, but the sight of the seal on the back had forestalled her hands. She knew that whatever this letter would contain would be emotional, and she had been honest with the Aes Sedai before her as she slipped the letter into her stack of notes and books. Asha'man Simon had not pressed her, but he had released her from his service a full hour early, telling her to have the rest of the day to herself. Tala had not argued, but had left barely five minutes after.

And now she was sat on her bed.

She wanted to open the letter, to see the familiar script of her Father, to see the words and hear his voice in her head as she read them. But she was nervous, her hands trembling. Tala wanted to see what words her Father were offering to her, but also scared it would be more rejection. It had taken her years to get over being branded as Lost and left behind in Arad Doman. Would he write to me to remind he how Lost I am? That was a special kind of cruelty that she did not think her Father was capable of. Taking a deep breath, and wishing that she was not alone, she lifted the letter from her lap. She was unsure how long she had sat there, simply staring at the sealed note, but soon she finally got her numb fingers to move and she broke the seal carefully and began to read what was set out on the inside.
Dear Talaitha
It is my fondest wish that this letter finds you in good health and happy.
It warmed my heart when we had found out that you have gone to the Grey Tower to train to be an Aes Sedai. It seems that the Creator had more in store for you than staying with us.
If your duties allow it, I would request a meeting, for both I and your Mother would like to see you again.
We are stationed on the southern side of the city of Hama Valon. We shall be here for as long as the city lets us be.
Yours in the Light
Your Father
I will find the song, or another will find the song, but the song will be sung this year or in a year to come. As it once was, so shall it be again, world without end.
Tala found herself reading, and rereading the note not daring to believe that they had come to Hama Valon. She felt her heart lurch inside her chest in a mixture of fear, love and nervous excitement at the possibility of seeing her Mother, Father and brother again, though the fact they had not mentioned her older brother worried her more than a little. She got to her feet, and moved from her dorm room, before darting back inside to check how she looked. Her banded dress was smooth and clean, and her hair hung loose around her shoulders to her waist held back with a silver ribbon, and she guessed it would have to be good enough. She left her room, grabbing her banded cloak and fixing it around her shoulders as she began to head down the halls. Tala made her way to the Accepted desk, and left a message saying she was leaving the Tower for a hour or two. Thank the Creator for the freedom the Accepted are given. She was trying not to run, so she moved at a brisk walk, jumping out the way of people who seemed to not want to move out of her way.

Breathing hard she was halfway to the Soldier halls before she realised that Dreyric would not be there. He was out of the city, on a lesson, and that meant he was unreachable. She stopped suddenly, glad there was no one walking behind her, and sighed feeling tears pricking her eyes. She wanted someone there with her, to share this moment be it for good or ill, but it seemed that was something she was not going t get. So I must face this alone. Blinking her eyes a little to stop the tears that wanted to fall, she began to make her way towards the nearest gate that lead towards the City.

Talaitha did not have to look long to find her former Band of Tuatha’an, as most of the people she passed in the city were talking about them. The city of Hama Valon was like none other that Talaitha had ever heard of, the populace being more tolerant than any other nations capital, but even they seemed to hold some prejudices’ against her people. She had expected more of them, as she walked through the bust streets, hearing the words “Tinkers” and “Thieves” coupled together in the same sentence. And on every other tongue that mentioned “Thief” there was mention of the small green by the south gate. She frowned at people as she passed them, moving out of her way once they saw the banded dress she wore, possibly fearing they may bring down the wrath of the Aes Sedai if they did not. She did not bother correcting any of them of that fact, though truly she had no authority over anyone, and that included herself.

Maybe I could pick up a gift for my Mother, but what would she like. She let her mind mull over the idea as she approached the market square, slowing her stride to look over the stalls and at what they held. She smiled to think of her Mother, seeing her dark hair, her green eyes and her bright smile. She never bothered with jewellery or silks; she was beautiful enough not to need them. She had an inner light that Talaitha had always been drawn to in her life, and had always wanted to emulate. A few Recruits claimed that she was beautiful, and that always made her blush, but compared to her Mother she knew she was but a candle next to a roaring fire. And how could she buy her something that could only subtract from her beauty. Sighing Tala continued to move through the market, some part of her knowing this was stalling going straight to her find her family. Her initial burst of excitement had turned to fear and worry deep inside her, but Tala knew she could not put it off for long.

As she passed a fruit stall she paused to see a well stacked pile of the reddest and shiniest apples she had ever seen outside the Tower. She grinned, knowing what it was she wanted to give her mother and moved towards the stall holder. A few minutes later saw Tala walking away with a small net of plump and shiny apples. She knew her Mother did love red apples, and Tala also knew that there was not much that her Mother could not do with a batch of them, when she could some across them that was. And now she has a net full of them. Smiling to herself, Tala found her excitement re-energised and moving with a purpose again.

She soon saw the ring of wagons set apart on a green by the South Gate. They colours stood out against the stark grey
+of the city and it made something inside her ache. It was an old ache, something she thought she had lost in her years in the Tower, but the sight of the brightly painted wagons almost brought tears to her eyes. She began to jog towards the caravans then, her calm Aes Sedai like calm forgotten in her haste. She began to slow as she reached the outer ring of the caravans, and paused as she heard the barking of the Camps dogs. She was flooded with memories then, her eyes moistening as she came around the side of one caravans and came face to face with a man she had seen in her dreams for a long, long time.

The man who looked down at her had dark skin, much like her own, with dark hazel eyes which were a good mixture of stern and friendly. He stared down at her for a moment, their eyes meeting and in that moment Tala felt like the entire Wheel had turned and a new age had come to pass. She did not know what to do, what to say, how to react to the man who had sent her from the Band. And yet that moment disappeared and Tala found herself in the man’s arms, the net of apples forgotten and dropped to the grass. She heard her breath hitch as his strong arms settled around her body, and soon she was sobbing onto his chest, and heard him as he cried into her hair. She had no concept of time as they stood like that, no idea how long since they had first set eyes on each other, but it felt like eternity and only like a second.

“My little Tally, my Talaitha all grown up.” She could hear the emotion in the older man’s voice, and it made her grip him all the harder. Her mouth felt dry, her throat unable to say anything back, so she continued to sob. Clutching her Fathers red shirt in her fingers.

“What is the hold up, Stephain?”

The sound of that voice brought Tala’s head up from her Fathers shirt, as both Father and daughter looked to the side and saw the woman who had asked the question. Tala’s heart leaped in her chest as she looked at the woman who had raised her. Tala saw her eyes in that woman, her smile and the small gap in her front teeth. Tala saw the woman she had wanted to grow to be, and as those green eyes went wide and that mouth opened into a O of surprise Tala found herself tearing away from her Father and swept up into the arms of her Mother.

Time did stop for her then, as she held the woman who she now shared a height with. She was laughing and crying, her head resting on her Mother’s shoulder, as her Mother rested her own on Talaitha’s. No thoughts seemed to pass through Tala’s mind then, except the feeling that she was home.
Last edited by Lou on April 28th, 2020, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Around the Camp Fire

Post by Lou » April 28th, 2020, 3:42 pm

Talaitha sat on the small stall not five paces from the fire and smiled happily. The last two hours had gone like a blur. There had been much hugging, smiles and tears, stories told and swapped and it had ended on dinner as it always had. She had listened to what her family had been up to for the last few years, and had told some stories of her own. She spoke little of life as a Novice and Accepted, the Grey Tower not liking their Initiates sharing too many secrets with the outside world. But for those two hours Tala forgot she was Lost to them, and that the Tower had hold of her (and was not planning to let go any time soon) and she simply lived in the moment, and it felt like she was living in a memory. Dinner was served in trenches of bread, the vegetable stew both thick and warm, and she had gotten to help her Mother in cooking it. They had worked side by side, talking as they had worked, and even though they stumbled over each other to say more, it seemed that by the end of dinner everything had been said.

She had wanted to ask about Ryain, but she had not found the time to say the words. Everyone had known that if she had stayed in the Band they would have married, for she had loved him as he claimed to love her. And even though her heart was now all over the place, she still knew some small part of her heart would sit with her former love. She wanted to know if he was married, if he had left the band as there had been no sign of him yet, but the words would not come, and the gaps in the conversation were swallowed up with a hundred questions more.

“How long are you thinking of staying here?” Tala looked up from her stall as they Mother picked up the trencher of bread from her lap, and she met the eyes of her Father. It was down to him, of course, being the Mhadi of the Twin Songs band. He looked at her for a moment, his eyes considering before he took a final sip of his wine before answering.

“As long as we can, though I fear that will not be for more than one more day maybe.” She looked down into his cup and sighed a little. “The people in this city are tolerant of many things it seems, but they do not want us here on their green.”

Tala looked at her Father then, hearing the tinge of exhaustion in his voice. She had seen it before when she was younger and she knew what he wanted to do was find somewhere to rest for a while. Even though the Tuatha’an were nomads by nature, sometimes they needed to stop travelling for a while, even be it a month, and stay in one place. Her father was like that, needing to pause once every few years for a month or so. And she could see in his eyes and by his voice that he needed to rest, to stop in his search for the Song.

“I do not think they will let you stay here for longer than a night.” Tala’s voice was small in the night air, and her father nodded at his words. She hated seeing that resigned look in his eyes, and she wished there was something she could do. There must be somewhere where they can stay, if not in the city proper. She stared down into the fire for a long time, her mind ticking over some of the lessons she had learned from Asha'man Simon, the Grey Brother who had seemed to take over many of her lessons now. She knew that there was no arguing with the City officials about the Tuatha’an, but she also knew she needed one idea that she could put forward to help keep her former Band here in Hama Valon.

She held out her cup for a refill when her Mother offered her some more wine, though Tala knew that this would have to be her final cup of the night. It was late, and though she had told who needed to know where she was, she needed to head back to the Tower soon. She sipped the wine wishing her Brother was there with them, though she was happy that he had married into the Blossom Song band. I am both sad and happy for him, he will be a father soon and I shall have nieces and nephews to see. She smiled into her wine cup, glad that he was doing so well, though a selfish part of her wished he had been here now with her. May the Light bring him peace for the rest of his days.

Her emerald eyes widened slightly at the thought and she smiled as she lowered the cup to her lap. It was so obvious, too obvious really, and it would help not only the Twin Songs band but all others that came to Hama Valon as well. Her Mother was the first to notice the light in Talaitha’s eyes, and she smiled at her daughter. “What is it Tally?” The use of her old nickname made her smile even though she had used to hate it and no one used it now.

“I have an idea,” she started but waved away the prods for her to elaborate. “No, I will not say more until I can talk to Asham'man Simon, he is a Brother of the Grey Ajah. He will know if what I am thinking will work." She stood then, not eager to leave but eager to be on her way to see if she could solve their problem. She made her farewells, hugging her parents five times over before they finally let her leave, promising that she would send word tomorrow, or the next day. She told them to stay where they were for as long as they could, and if they encountered any problems they were to send word to her in the Tower. Tala hugged her parents again before she left, and made her way back towards the city.

Would the magistrate let them shelter in the Ogier Grove? They could tend the Grove while living in peace and resting before they travel on. It would keep them from getting in the cities way, and yet let them offer their services and mending’s to the cities people whenever they want it.

Talaitha was so lost in thought that she did not hear the sound of footfalls behind her until she felt a hand grab one of her own and another encircle her waist. She let out a small scream, too surprised to embrace Saidar, but instead her training from Teli came flooding back. She had not practised hand to hand fighting for so long, and no few Recruits refused to spar with her in worry of hurting her. As he was pulled back, Tala went limp in the assailant’s arms, which began to knock them off balance. As she felt them stumble she spun on her left foot, bringing her elbow up to make contact with where she guessed their face was.

“You still have spirit Tally.”

The amusement in that voice stole her breath and stopped her actions in time. She pulled herself out of Ryain’s grasp, shaken and breathing hard as he smiled down at her, his dark eyes sparkling with mischief. She stared up at him, speechless and shaking with adrenaline until finally her voice came back to her and she raised a hand and slapped the taller man on the shoulder, hard.

“Ryain, you flaming goat-kissing fool!” She knew that her teachers and parents would not approve of her language, but in that moment she found she did not care. She watched as he laughed, reaching for her once again, and before she could stop what was happening, he had pulled her into his arms and was pressing his mouth against her own. His lips were warm, his neatly trimmed beard scratchy against her face. She was so surprised that she merely stood there for a moment, memories of the times they had kissed coming back to her again. It felt comfortable with Ryain, like an old cardigan that you can’t throw away and has been mended a hundred times. She felt his hands settle around her back as his tongue pressed slightly against her lips and she shuddered. This is not right, I do not love him anymore, or do they? I have no idea. The thoughts were enough for her arms to come and push Ryain away.

He looked down at her with surprise on his face and then hurt, but she stepped back from him regardless, smoothing out her banded dress and cloak. “Ryain, what are you doing? You cannot simply sneak up on me and kiss me.” She was flustered but not truly angry, and he could see that as he grinned down at her again.

“But I missed you Tally.”

“I missed you too Ryain…but….I….things are different now.” She hated how halting her voice sounded, and she took in a deep breath and tried to smooth out her face. “Ryain…I cannot stay, I have to get back to the Tower.” She looked away from those dark eyes that she had spent many years staring into and again she smoothed down her skirts though it was not needed. She made to walk around him, but the taller man stepped in front of her once again.

“I shall let you go, for now Tally, but meet me. Tomorrow. It has been too long, and I have missed you greatly.” He winked as he said the last, and she blushed recognising the tone as the one he had always used before they had kissed and she had felt his hands wandering her body, over her clothes of course. Except those few times. She blushed remembering the first time he had slipped a large, soft hand up under her cobalt blouse and had began to caress her breasts. She took another small step back, before she answered him. “Please Tally, meet me for lunch, let us talk. I really have missed you.”

Taking in a deep breath, Tala finally nodded her head. “Fine, meet me for lunch. Come to the Grey Tower, as I do not think I will have the time to leave. I am working on a way for the Tuatha’an to stay in Hama Valon as long as they want.” She bit her lower lip, wondering if she should not have put him off, but knowing that he would be unable to try and kiss her when they were surrounded by Novices, Accepted, Trainees and Aes Sedai.

“Until tomorrow then…” He flashed her a roguish grin and leaned his head down towards her as he took a step forward. Tala did not move back but she turned her face so his lips landed on her cheek instead. She stepped back after she felt his lay a kiss there, and offered him a small smile before turning quickly and heading off towards the city. She did not turn back to look at the man, but she knew he was standing there watching her. She could feel his eyes on her, and even though she did not hate the feeling, it did make her feel more than a little uncomfortable.

She could still feel the memory of his tongue against her lips as she walked, and she wished she did not feel some kind of stirring deep inside.
Last edited by Lou on April 28th, 2020, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Lunchtime Rendezvous

Post by Lou » April 28th, 2020, 3:54 pm

“Thank you Tally, it has been good to catch up.”

Talaitha looked at the smiling man as he spoke those words, his hand coming out to rest on her own. She did not look down at his hand touching her own, but she continued to meet his eyes, and waited on a count of five before she pulled her hand back then, back where she had been leaning on it. She saw that smile falter a little on Ryain’s face, but she would not put it back just to suit him. It had been a nice lunch so far, and she did not want to ruin it now. And other than that one small touch, I have managed to keep my distance. She smiled at him as she reached for his small plate, and placed it back into the hamper from where it had come originally. She had left a request for the hamper the previous night, after making the lunch plan, and had turned up at the kitchens at the right time to see it had been done. Aileen, Mistress of the Kitchens, had obviously thought the basket was for her and Dreyric, as there was a few sprigs of sweet smelling herbs in there and half a bottle of watered down gooseberry wine too. It had been a nice sentiment from the woman that had made Tala feel welcome when she had first come here, and she also knew the woman approved of Dreyric, though Tala did not think they would be more than friends.

“You should stop calling me that, Ryain. I am Tala now if saying Talaitha is too much for you. Even Dreyric calls me Tala.” She almost winced as she spoke of the Saldeanan man, but she had made sure to mention him as often as she could. She had not come out and said that she liked Dreyric and that she wished they were lovers, but she had said almost as much as she could without saying too much. Even though they were in the gardens, she never knew who was listening, and she had not taken him to private or more secluded areas, as if she were with Dreyric. I do not want to give him anymore encouragement. She had lain awake for hours last night, the events of the day running through her mind over and over again. She had also kept touching her lips too, feeling the kiss that Ryain had placed on them. No, that was part of my old life, Dreyric, even as a friend, is part of my future.

“Fine, Accepted Tala.” He grinned and winked at her, looking up at the sky as the second lunch bell rang out. She had not realised how much time has passed, and she knew she was supposed to be meeting Asha'man Simon after lunch to go over her proposals before she handed them over to the Magistrate who was in charge of the City. She had spent over four hours with the man after she had returned to the Tower. She had been surprised when he had offered to drop what he was doing and aid her, and she was sure she had noticed more than one approving look from him when he thought she was too engrossed to notice. It had resulted in her not getting to bed until the early hours of the morning.

“Ryain, I need to go. I need to meet up with an Asha'man, something that may help our…our people.” She felt strange saying that they were still her people, after they had turned their backs on her so long ago. She had not wanted to ask why they had contacted her, but it had been something in what her Mother had said. ”With the coming of the Dragon Reborn, it seems all ideal’s and pledges are being stretched and broken.” Tala had noticed that little more had been said, and she had not wanted to push for more than that. She no longer hated her parents for what they did, they had simply done as they believed was right, but she was glad that something had brought them back into her life, even if it was for a day or two.

She watched as Ryain nodded his head, reaching for their discarded lunch things and helped her pack them away. Once everything was done, Tala lifted the basket, and began to walk Ryain back to the main Tower gate. They did not speak as they walked, Tala finding she had little to say now. It felt a little awkward to her, walking next to a man who she had almost been promised to and had thought she would bare his children. But that was so long ago, I am not that same woman anymore. They soon arrived at the main gate, and Tala paused and held onto basket as Ryain grinned, rubbing his hand over her chin.

“Meet with me again, tomorrow? Please?” She looked into those dark eyes, taking it all in and seeing the boy she had loved in the man before her. She wanted to tell him no, that she was busy, and that she did not think it was a good. “I can see your heart has moved from me, Talaitha, but give me a chance to see if I can win you back.” His blunt words shocked her a little, and she did not realise her mouth had come open until Ryain chuckled softly and reached forward to close it for her. She took a step back from his hand, and tried to smile a little. She knew she did not love him anymore, but something about being chased sent cords through her mind. She had never been chased, as she had always been the one to chase after then men in her life. She had chased Ryain, and even though she was sure he had loved her back. She was kind of chasing Dreyric. And here and now this man wants to chase me.

“Ryain…I…I am busy…” Her voice sounded small and weak, and she watched as something changed in his dark eyes. He simply nodded, and she took in his yellow and green shirt and his dark blue breeches. His red coat was slung over one arm, and she watched as he began to don it. They said their goodbyes, Tala holding the basket before her as a shield to stop the man she used to love getting too close. He took the hint, instead reaching for her hand and placing a small kiss across her knuckles. She almost gasped when she felt his tongue against her skin, but she said nothing, instead turning her back on him and walking quickly away.

She passed many people she knew as she left the tall Tuatha’an behind her, and she resisted turning around to look at him. Too many people had seen her with him, and she wondered if she would get the chance to tell Dreyric herself or if someone else would tell him out of spite. She knew how rumours could spread in the Tower, and there were always people who wanted to ruin relationships for the sake of their own enjoyment. She gritted her teeth at the foolishness of bringing him here, though she had not wanted to meet him away from the Tower and then be accused of having something to hide.

Sighing, she made her way back to the kitchens, and left the basket to be cleaned. A small Novice took it from her, a young Andorian girl who looked no older than fifteen at most. Tala thanked her, and made her way back towards the Tower, not wanting to keep the Asha'man waiting too long. She appreciated him taking an interest in her work, and she liked the feedback he gave her freely. She entered the main entrance to the Tower, knowing it would be the easiest route to take. She smiled at two of her fellow Accepted who were also standing in the main entrance hall, greeting and helping those that sought it.

A flash of colour caught her attention and she turned her head towards it. She saw a red coat heading away down one of the side hallways, leading from the main entrance. She frowned as she watched it disappear around a corner, and before she knew it she was taking a step in that direction. Was that Ryain? The coat looked the same, and not many people here wore jackets in that shade of red, not many except for the Tuautha’an. Still frowning, Tala began to head down the same hallway, her slippered feet making no noise on the bare stone under them.
Image Image Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Darker Shades Of Love

Post by Lou » April 28th, 2020, 4:11 pm

Was that truly him? What, by the Light, is he doing here?

Talaitha walked down the hallway, in the direction she was sure that Ryain had come. Her face was drawn down in a frown, the small little crease that she always got when she frowned, was between her eyebrows once again. That was a new thing, that crease, something that had come into her features when she had been declared Lost by the band and left in Arad Doman. Her skin still crawled when she thought of the Rummy’s Rest, and the horrible fat man that owned it. She had had dreams of that man for years after coming to the Grey Tower, dreaming that he stole into her bedchamber and began to touch her under the sheet. He had done that once, claiming that he wanted to see if the “Tinker Girl” was a true maiden, but she had screamed and fought until he had left her. Two nights later the Aes Sedai came, and she had left with her.

Pushing away those thoughts as she moved down the hall, only the balls of her feet touching the stone, needing to see if it had been her past love, or someone else dressed in that eye-splitting shade of red. The thought made her smile, as once she had loved the bright colours of her people, but now doubted that when she could wear anything she chose she would choose such colours again. I do not follow the Way of the leaf any longer, and I no longer travel seeking the Song. It made her sad still, but she was to become Aes Sedai, the Light willing, and she knew she would hesitate to defend those that needed it now. Her mind flashed back again to the night before, as she thought of the way she had almost struck him fearing who had placed her hands on her. I should send a message to Teli, let her know. That made her smile, thinking of the scarily strong woman who had taught her how to defend herself.

She made to walk around the corner, and as she got halfway she saw the red coat down the hallway before her. Jumping back around the corner, Tala felt her heart almost in her chest. Her breath was coming out in ragged gasps, as she pressed her back against the wall, wanting to peer around the corner to see if Ryain had seen her. She was confused, worried and worried what he was doing this far into the Grey Tower. As far as she knew he had never been here before, but yet he had been walking at a quick pace, she knew that as it had taken so long to catch up to where he was.

Taking a deep breath, Tala knew she had to spy around the corner and see what was going on. She could think of no reason why Ryain was here now, after escorting him to the gates, unless he was planning on doing something for her. I saw something flash in those dark eyes when I said I couldn’t meet him, that I was busy. Maybe he doesn’t want to give up on me, could that be it? Part of her felt flattered if it was, knowing what it was to chase someone. But even as she smiled a little at the thought, she knew it did not sit right in her mind. Pressing her hands to the wall, she inched her face around the corner, staying as close to the wall as she could.

She could see Ryain standing halfway down the hall, he had his back to her, but she could see it was him, his stance gave it away as much as the look of his black hair curling over the collar of the coat. She watched for a moment and then she saw that he was talking to someone, who was obscured by Ryains body. She frowned a little more before embracing Saidar, welcoming in the warm joy that spread through her body. With Saidar filling her Tala felt her eyesight sharpen just a little, her ears picking up sounds she had missed before. She could hear harsh sounding whispers bouncing off the stone walls and it was then she caught a flash of black and white in front of Ryain. She knew that to be the livery of the Tower servants and she frowned more, biting down on her lower lip a little. As she watched, she saw Ryain reach out, grab the person before him and then bundle them into a room off to his right.

As she heard the door close behind them, Tala moved out into the hall and began to make her way down towards it. Ryain, what the flaming hell are you doing? Her confusion was turning to anger as she mind raced over what she had seen. Is he involved with one of the maids? That twisted something deep inside her as she walked, and she hated that it did. She had loved him once, but no longer, but the fact that he had tried it on with her last night, and asked for another chance this afternoon. But here he was pulling maids into rooms in secret. Taking in a deep breath, Tala moved towards the door, still holding Saidar and dreading what it was she would find. She turned the door handle slowly, giving herself time to think of exactly what she was going to say to Ryain when she saw him.

But that sight that greeted her was not what she expected.

Ryain was holding the woman she had seen against the wall. He still had his back to her, and from the way they were standing it looked like he was kissing her. She opened her mouth to say something, something that was loud enough to get over the soft moans she could hear coming from the maid. She took another step into the room, her anger building though that seemed to vanish the moment she saw the maid fall to the ground, a small flash of red hitting the ground before her. Tala stared down into her blue eyes as the light seemed to go out of them, and took a step back, her heel striking the door behind her. That noise made Ryain spin round to face her, and Tala was forced to meet those dark eyes instead of watching the life die from the blue ones.

“Ryain?” Tala’s voice was high pitched and she hated how it sounded as she face the man she had once given anything to be with. He was staring at her, a sly smile on his lips and a bloody knife in his right hand.

“My little Tally, what are you doing here?” His voice was soft, teasing and he took a step towards her and she tried to back up but the closed door was in her way.

“What have you done, Ryain?” Her voice was calmer this time, in no way showing how sacred she was. She knew she needed to make him stall before she could do anything, no that she knew what she could do.

“Did you dance for him, Tally?” His words threw her off track, and she frowned at him, trying to puzzle out what it was he was say. He saw her frown and grinned a little more. “Did you dance the tiganza for this Saldeanan, Tally? Did you show him the dance and watch as he blood boiled for you?” He took another step towards her and she raised up a hand, feeling the blush spreading through her cheeks at his words. She had not danced for him, she had not danced for anyone since coming to the Tower. “You have, haven’t you. Did you enjoy it, Tally?” She watched as he took the last two steps towards her and stood a hand away from her. “Did you wish it was me?”

The last was whispered as she stared up at Ryain, her face red, her eyes watering and her insides turning into water. “Why Ryain?” It was all she could ask, and even then her voice broke as she said his name.

His laughter was shocking in its suddenness, and she Tala stiffened as he leaned in towards her. “Why Tally? Why would I question an order from the Great Lord? He wanted this servant of his dead, and I obeyed.” His grin was nasty, his eyes boring into her. Eyes I had once loved. She tried to get her mind round how he was a Darkfriend, but she had been taught that the servants of the dark could be anyone, anywhere and in any way of life. “And all I had to do was convince your Father to come to Hama Valon, just to seek his Song.” The sneer in his voice cut her deeply, and she fought to keep her face smooth though she could do nothing for the tears that had fallen down her cheeks already.

“I cannot let you leave, Ryain.” Her voice sounded firm, firmer than it had a moment before, still covering how much she hurt on the inside. “But I ask…how long? How long have you been His servant?” She knew she should not have asked the question, but she needed to know, deep down in her heart, she needed to know.

Her question seemed to take him aback, and he took a step away from her as he stared down into her eyes. “When you left, it was then.” She saw something shift in his eyes again, and she opened her mouth to say something though he beat her to it. “When your Father left you in Arad Doman, Lost as he claimed, I prayed to the Creator to bring you back to me. I cursed and prayed, and he did nothing.” He licked his lower lip then, and continued, his voice sounding hard and bitter at the same time. “So I turned to the Great Lord. But he did not give me you either…so I guess I should simply take you now, after all I never got to truly sample your delights, my little Tally.”

“No Ryain, don’t do this.” Her voice was quiet, and even the Saidar she held did not change how confident she did not feel.

“You have no picked up sword this time, Tally, how could you stop me?”

Tala had heard enough, and as he retook that step towards her again, Tala began to weave flows of Air. She wrapped them around and around Ryain as she saw the shock come onto his face. She used the flows to lift him slightly, binding his arms to his side, the dagger still held there. Once she was sure he could not move, Tala moved over to the woman on the floor. She Delved into her, as she had been shown, but she found no heartbeat or signs of life.

“TALLY! LET ME BLOODY GO! YOU BITCH!”

Ryan was screaming at her from where he hung in the air, and she quickly fashioned a gag of air and slipped between his lip, and stoppers to fit into his ears. Moving quickly, and on shaky legs, she dashed out into the hallway, and began to call for help, flows of Air bringing Ryain along behind her. She could not bring herself to look at him, not turn in his direction even as she felt him trying to fight against the flows that held him captive.

She must have caused quite a stir as she stumbled out into the main entrance of the Tower, blood on her skirts and a man trussed up in Air following her. The events after that happened so quickly, and she remembered little of it. She passed Ryain on to a mixture of Red Sisters and Tower Guards as Asha'man Simon and Elia Sedai ushered Tala away to discuss exactly what happened. Tala told everything, sobbing as she did.

-------------------

It was two days before Tala was able to send word to her Father and about what had happened. She had been told not to give too many details about Ryain (as another had dealt with that), but she was able to tell him that the Tuatha’an would be welcome to stay in the Grove whenever any band visited Hama Valon. Tala had received a letter back from her Father, asking to see her, asking her to come to dinner but she did not reply.
Image Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik