Lost New Arrival (Attn: Anyone)

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Alix
"New Spring"

Lost New Arrival (Attn: Anyone)

Post by Alix » February 16th, 2020, 4:59 am

Light, it's so big! was Alienor Corvall's first thought as she walked through the front gates of the Grey Tower. Everywhere she looked, she saw another building, another doorway, or another crowd of people. She'd heard this was a smaller tower than the White, but you'd never be able to tell just by looking at the entrance yard. She was hardly a country bumpkin- despite having been raised on a horse farm, she'd been into Caemlyn numerous times, and even to Cairhien a time or two- but even she was a bit awed.

And lost. Very, very lost.

After her grandparents' coach had deposited her near the gate- they'd insisted on accompanying her, despite Alienor's protests that the Grey Tower wasn't very far, and she could surely travel there on her own- she'd asked the guardsman how to find the Master of Training. According to Alina, if you wanted to join the Tower as a Warder trainee, this was who you spoke to.

The guard had simply rolled his eyes, gave her what was most definitely a leer, and waved his hand towards a large stone building in the distance. "Over there, somewhere. Now, go away girl. I'm busy- I don't have time for jokes." He looked her up and down derisively, noting the small frame, lack of weaponry except for the knife at her belt, and well- made dress. " I don't think the Yards are going to have much interest in you, anyways."

Alienor had scowled at him, but then simply turned on her boot heel and stalked away. Not worth kicking up a fuss over. Besides, she didn't want to ruin her chance of being accepted into the Warder Yards.

If I could only find the Yards, of course! she thought sarcastically. She'd only walked through the door, and she was already lost. Not a good beginning.

I suppose I could ask someone... Alienor's blue eyes scanned the mass of people around her, looking for one who seemed approachable. She wasn't shy by any means, but she did tend to be a bit cautious around new people.

OOC: I don't know if her bio has been posted yet, but Alienor is from Andor, tall with blue eyes and brown- blonde hair, and can be a bit prickly until you get to know her :) Also, I'm not really familiar with the Tower's layout, so if I've got something wrong, feel free to tell me.
Alienor Corvall,
Drin of the Grey Tower

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

Re: Lost New Arrival (Attn: Anyone)

Post by Lou » February 19th, 2020, 12:15 pm

Talaitha shifted the bundle in her arms, and then continued on her task, set by the force of nature that was Iolanthe Sedai of the Grey Ajah. Tala still found herself torn between two Ajahs, the Yellow and the Grey. Both would help people, just in different ways, and none needed violence. Not that she followed the Ways of the Leaf anymore, and despite what she had done in the past, but she still did not want to hurt anyone. Not unless she really had to. But today she was helping out the Grey, and that meant she was helping out Iolanthe who Tala just could not really understand. But then she was an Aes Sedai, and Tala, an Accepted, were not supposed to understand them.

As she made her way around a corner, her arms full of packages that were tied in brown paper, she found herself almost running into a blonde haired woman that she did not know. Tala would have guessed she seemed lost, though she would never think to say such a thing aloud. She took a step back and smiled to the woman, looking over her clothes that looked to be the type that were smart but also used to work. So she was a traveller maybe, here to see someone?

"Good afternoon," Tala started, knowing she could not smooth down her banded dress, but she did offer a tiny curtsy. Not required, but Tala found it put people in a better mood. "May I help you?" She asked her face just peeking over the parcel in her arms.

Image Image Image

Alix
"New Spring"

Post by Alix » February 19th, 2020, 7:41 pm

Alienor jumped back slightly as a dark haired woman came around the corner, nearly running into her. Well, she's in a hurry. Though everyone here seemed to be in the same rush- in the past few minutes, Alienor had been pushed and jostled more times than she could count. At home, in Andor, Aes Sedai and their associates- Warders, Asha' man, novices, etc.- had a reputation for stiff dignity, but she'd seen very little of that so far. Though, to be fair, she'd only just arrived, and she hadn't actually met any channelers or Warders yet.

Stepping back, she surveyed the other woman, though she could barely see her over the bundle she clutched in her arms. She was around the same height as Alie was, maybe a little taller, though her height wasn't the main thing Alie noticed about her. It was the colored bands at the hem of her dress.

There was something about the bands niggling at the back of her mind, but she couldn't remember what it was. Something to do with Aes Sedai, right? But no, they wear shawls. While Andorans respected channelers, even they avoided discussing them as much as possible, so Alie was low on facts where the Tower was concerned.

She smiled tightly at the other woman's greeting, a smile that was polite enough, but still cautious and reserved. After all, she didn't know who this girl was or anything about her. Though her eyebrows lifted somewhat at the curtsey, since it was probably the first time in her life she'd been curtseyed too- neither of her grandparents were nobility, and so didn't hold with that type of formality.

Truthfully, though, Alienor was relieved someone had offered their help.

"Actually, yes, maybe you can. I'm here to join the Warder Yards as a trainee. I was told to talk to someone called the Master of Training, but I have no idea where to find them at." She glanced down at the girl's hem again. " And if you don't mind, could you tell me what those bands mean? I'm sure they mean something, but I can't remember what."
Alienor Corvall,
Drin of the Grey Tower

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

Post by Lou » February 26th, 2020, 5:17 pm

Tala could see that she made the girl before her jump, and she felt a flush of shame run through her, she should have been more careful. She did not like to cause displeasure, but she guessed she had gotten softer on her feet since being here at the Tower. After all some Aes Sedai and Asha'men did not like to be disturbed when brought their lunch or tea. She watched as the girl seemed to get herself together quickly, before she took a step back and fixed Tala with a look, as if trying to take her all in with once glance. She was only just looking over the bundles in her arms, she hoped she offered a nice and welcoming smile. She knew some Accepted run the hall like they were Aes Sedai when all they were to do was take notes and pass them on to people who could actually help.

When the girl spoke of joining the Training Yards as a Warder, Tala could not hide the surprise that flashed across her eyes. Not because she did not think the girl could do it, but more that out of every possible thing she had expected the girl to say, this was not it. She knew that looks could be deceiving, and that the girl before her could be a trained hunter for all she knew. "Of course, if you would like to follow me." She told the girl, not answering the question about her own dress until they were moving towards the training grounds.

"The bands on my dress are a mark of my rank. I am an Accepted, a step below Aes Sedai in my training." She offered a brief smile over the top of her packages. "I am Tala, by the way, Talaitha."
Image Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik