Equine Camraderie [ATTN: Bella with Derren]

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: Equine Camraderie [ATTN: Bella with Derren]

Post by Roan » January 4th, 2019, 10:24 pm

‘Why are you being so stubborn about this? Why aren’t you just admitting it to yourself, Paks? Why are you being so hard headed?’ the vision of Jesi pressed.

Paks did her best to ignore the vision of her dead lover, but that seemed to do no good. ‘Go away.’

‘Make me.’

At that moment, the fox seen and recognized by Derron shot in front of Paks’ mare, startling horse and rider. The mare reared up and Paks thought she heard Derren should something about leaning forward, but it was all too late. The Gaidin lost her seat and fell backwards off the horse, landing on the hard packed earth with a thud.

Her head hit off of something, though Paks had no idea what. One moment, she was on the back of her horse, and the next, she was on her back. . .seeing stars. And Jesi.

‘Ooh that had to hurt, but maybe it knocked some sense into you. Don’t you realize he likes you? How can you not realize you like him too? I mean I know he’s a man, but that’s not stopped you from. . .’

‘Shut up,’ Paks muttered.

What she didn’t realize was she’d muttered that last bit out loud, and Derren was now standing over her. The Gaidin gave a sheepish smile, “I mean. . .sorry. Ignore me.” She glanced off to the side a moment before looking back to him and his intense eyes. Her breath caught. She would have cursed the vision of Jesi if it wouldn’t make her look more crazy in the Asha’man’s eyes.

‘I told you so,’ Jesi smirked and vanished. . .for now.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » January 4th, 2019, 10:37 pm

Everything happened very quickly. She was on the ground before he could finish seizing Saidin to stop it from happening. So he all but jumped off his own horse and hurried to her side. Kneeling beside her, he heard her 'shut up' and pulled back a little. Surprised and uncertain about who she was saying that too.

"I mean...sorry. Ignore me.

Derren chose to agree with that for the moment and leaned in toward her again. Without thinking, he took her face tenderly in his hands and peered into her eyes, looking for any signs of lack of focus or clarity. Sadly, he was far from a Yellow and knew a Delving weave from him would be all but useless. But he knew the physical signs.

"Are you alright?" he asked softly.

Roan

Post by Roan » January 4th, 2019, 11:13 pm

Heat seemed to radiate from Derren’s touch, and then there were those damned eyes. She couldn’t take her focus from them, or him and her heart started pounding in her chest as everything her imaginary Jesi had been trying to tell her slammed home. He liked her. Perhaps more importantly, she liked him.

He’d asked her a question, and she’d been distracted by. . .well. . .him. Paks placed one of hands on his as the other one tentatively reached out to find his cheek as she spoke barely above a whisper, “I’m . . . I’m fine.” She’d likely be sore tomorrow, but she had the physique of a Gaidin. It would take more than a tumble off the back of a horse to slow her down. Apparently, it took her realizing she had feelings for the man who’d been teaching her about horses because everything seemed to slow down around her.

Paks felt her heart pounding in her chest as she pushed herself up to an elbow. Inches separated them, but she didn’t stop there, leaning forward until her lips were millimeters away from his. She hesitated for but a moment before lightly kissing him for a brief moment before her brain caught up to what she was doing.

Oh shit.

Bella

Post by Bella » January 10th, 2019, 3:34 am

For a moment, Derren Jolstraer just...froze.

It wasn't that he'd never been kissed or kiss another, but it was not in the least a common occurrence in her personal history. And if he was to be painfully honest, it hadn't been anything he thought would be part of his future. He had really all but signed off on such a thing being part of his life.

Until Paks, that was.

From the very first moment he'd seen her in the stable yards and they had started talking, something had changed inside of the Grey Asha'man. Things such as...well...feelings and desires began to be a part of his mind, and it had taken some effort to figure out how to contend with it.

If he ever did... Perhaps before this moment, he might have thought there was hope to figure just that thing out. Now, though, all of that went out the window, and he was sure he would never be able to figure out anything ever again.

The moment passed and he released himself from his instant of shock. Once he did, he used the gentle grip he already had on her face to draw her closer, and kiss her deeper.

Roan

Post by Roan » January 10th, 2019, 4:19 am

Shit shit shit Paks cursed. Part of her was surprised the vision of Jesi hadn’t popped in to tease her, or say ‘I told you so.’ The rest of her was very glad she hadn’t.

When Derren didn’t react, the Gaidin started to panic, and then. . .

. . .and then he kissed her again, and his wasn’t anywhere as tentative as hers had been.

What were they doing?

‘Well it looks like you’re kissing,’ Jesi replied.

‘Go away.’

Of course Jesi’d show up at the most inconvenient moment. A little voice at the back of Paks’ mind said there could be much more inconvenient moments.

Part of her didn’t want the moment or the kiss to end, but eventually, she broke the kiss to catch her breath. She tilted her head, and gave him an awkwardly shy smile, “I. . .wasn’t expecting that to happen today.”

‘Since when do you get awkward about kissing?’ Jesi asked. Paks ignored her

Bella

Post by Bella » January 16th, 2019, 9:00 pm

"Neither was I," he said quietly, his lips starting to lift on one side into a small smile until something in her words and her reaction caught him just as off-guard as the kiss itself had. The corners of his mouth dropped in time with a small, worried knit of her brow as he processed everything for a moment.

He tilted his head. "You...do not regret it...I hope," he said with an uncertainty in his tone that he wasn't sure he'd ever heard there before, at least not in a very long time.

Roan

Post by Roan » January 19th, 2019, 7:32 pm

Did she regret it? How could he even ask such a question? The Gaidin wasn’t offended, but still surprised but the turn of events the afternoon had taken. She ran her fingers along his cheek as she shook her head slowly, “No, Derren, I have no regrets. If anything, I think I am relieved. Had you not kissed me in return, then I might regret it.” She gave him a small smirk.

Paks looked to either side of her, and then back to Derren as her smirk grew, “Perhaps you can help me to my feet? And then we can figure out . . .what next?”

Bella

Post by Bella » January 26th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Now he was the one who was relieved, which showed in the small half-smile that curved his lips. "Of course," he said, moving back so that he could rise to his own feet before offering his hands to her. He helped her to her feet, although didn't seem able to let go of her hands once they were both upright.

"As for what next..." he said quietly. "I'll admit to an unusual feeling of ignorance."

Roan

Post by Roan » January 26th, 2019, 8:42 pm

Derren’s calloused hands held her own, and the two stood toe to toe. At another time, she wouldn’t hesitate taking advantage of the moment, and it wouldn’t matter that they were in the middle of the woods. She smiled warmly at him, “I guess we don’t need to figure out what next right now. We could carry on with our ride?”

Her mount came up and nudged her in the back. Paks looked over her shoulder and laughed softly, “Is that her way of apologizing?”

Bella

Post by Bella » January 26th, 2019, 9:29 pm

Derren smiled slightly and released one of her hands to lift it and pet the mare's soft neck. "I imagine so. She hardly meant to spook, after all. Anyone can be surprised by something, after all," he said, leaving the meaning out in the open as he gently squeezed the hand still held in his own.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik