What, You Again? [Attn: Sunny/Jaryd Asha'man]

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

What, You Again? [Attn: Sunny/Jaryd Asha'man]

Post by Bella » May 16th, 2018, 11:12 pm

The hour was late, but such matters often waited till such hours.

Miahala could hardly believe that she had been called upon again, but she had and she had accepted. After all, it was something that would help keep her busy while she remained in the Grey Tower with her son. That would keep Ravak somewhat mollified, since she wouldn't be wanting to dart off on adventures...as often.

She had it on good report that the Master of Soldiers was still in his study, working on something or other despite the time. She moved through the dimly-lit hall with a bottle in her hand. Reaching the appropriate door with the news she had to deliver, she raised her fist and knocked...

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Finn
QC: Owen Andarin

Re: What, You Again? [Attn: Sunny/Jaryd Asha'man]

Post by Sunny » May 17th, 2018, 7:01 am

Jaryd and “late” had been frenemies since childhood, and that night was no different. He could see the moon through the window, could hear the clock ticking, could sense the Tower settling into its night time routine outside his door, and all of that brought with it a sense of deep peace. His thoughts strayed upward to where Jaren was surely already asleep, then back down to the paperwork in front of him. Not too much longer, he promised himself with a smile, crossing another item off a list set to the side.

Tick. Tick. Tick. He hummed softly, turned pages, got up to check another book in a bookcase. It yielded nothing interesting and he scowled, staring at his shelves as if somehow he could make what he was looking for magically appear. What about- thoroughly distracted, he turned to another shelf, his finger tapping along leather and wood bindings as he scanned their titles.

His reverie was interrupted by a firm knock; Jaryd jumped, eyes flying to the clock guiltily. Light! Where had the last hour gone?

He went to the door, one arm still laden with books- and promptly deposited them on the table nearby when he saw who had come to visit. “Mia!” He exclaimed, pulling the door all the way open and ushering her in. “It’s good to see you, come in. Have a seat-” he cut off, noticing what she held. “What’s the occasion?”
Image Image Image Image
False alarm- there's still a song for me; I'm just about around to sing it
There's still a chance for me...and I'm still here singing.

Bella

Post by Bella » May 19th, 2018, 11:29 pm

The door opened and Miahala sauntered in, fairly casual for a woman showing up at someone's door at this hour...or perhaps that was precisely how someone was supposed to enter at this hour.

She offered him a small, warm smile as she made her way to the two large chairs before the desk. Putting one hand on the back of one, the bottle in the other, she turned back towards him with her eyes flashing with humor. "Well, I just came to tell you a bit of news," she said, opening the bottle and taking a drink from it.

Oh, wouldn't so many people be aghast to see an Aes Sedai of her...caliber doing such. And how many wouldn't be surprised, of course. She held it out to him.

"Guess who the Hall of Sitters, the greatly esteemed body of the Grey Tower, chose to be your counterpart in the position of guiding the learning ranks on their way?"

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Sunny » May 30th, 2018, 5:34 am

Jaryd followed Mia back to his desk, a bemused smile on his face. The Green always walked around like she owned the place...but then again, he supposed she had the right after everything she had given for the Tower. He also supposed that he tended to do the exact same thing with significantly less reason, so he had little room to judge. And then she dropped a fireball in the center of the room and handed him the bottle over the metaphoric flames.

The Red took it without blinking, put it to his lips, and drank. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to work with Miahala again. Quite the contrary- a fact he made sure to address as soon as his lungs stopped burning from the fiery liquid he had consumed. “Thank the bloody Creator, I finally have someone competent to work with,” he said, passing the bottle back. He sank into the chair opposite her, pulling one foot under him and slouching into the cushioned back as he got comfortable.

“You don’t sound thrilled though. What spectacularly malformed wisdom did the Hall choose to impart upon their chosen one?”
Image Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » May 30th, 2018, 11:57 pm

In the comfort of a compatriot, Miahala was able to relax a bit. At least as much as she did around anyone outside of her husband and children. She took the bottle, and then her own long draw. The liquid really only burned on the first drink, and now she was relishing the feeling of it as it coursed into her.

"The Hall? Impart wisdom? You've been here a long time. You should know better." She laughed as she offered the bottle back. "They said they wanted to place someone in this job who had...experience, and a long time within these walls to best know how to shape the coming generations." She smirked. "Basically? They told me I was old and had no choice."

Shaking her head, she reflected on how different she was from the past two times in this role. Perhaps it was a good thing, though. "I figured... Well, I'm going to be in the Tower more often now anyway, so why not? Besides, at least I'll have someone good to drink with when the young ones are obnoxious."

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Sunny » May 31st, 2018, 3:49 pm

Jaryd laughed. The Hall served its purpose, truly it did, but as someone who had sat in that esteemed chamber for so long he thought the third Red Ajah chair might bear the permanent imprint of his ass, he knew it could occasionally be...obtuse. The relief he felt at finally having the Ajah capacity to pass that task to someone else could not be outshone.

“Aw, you think I’m good,” Jaryd said, fluttering his eyelashes like a girl just asked for her first dance. “I’m flattered, Mia. Here I thought I was a thorn in your side.” He took a drink, then after a moment of contemplation, a second. So it tastes good. Shoot me. He handed the bottle back to Mia with a grin.

“To be honest, I don’t think they thought this one through,” he added in a mischievous tone. “Can you imagine an entire generation of new channelers with our specific peculiarities combined? It will be glorious.”
Image Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » June 2nd, 2018, 2:34 am

Mia laughed easily. "It will be spectacular, no doubt," she agreed lightly, waving one hand while the other took the bottle back. "Maybe the Hall of Sitters is finally lightening up and seeing the worth of our particularly idiosyncrasies..." The arch of her brow was to tell that she well and truly knew that wasn't it.

"Maybe they just want to see if they can drive me insane again," she went on flippantly, taking another drink. "After all, they nearly achieved it when they gave me the stole. May they never be that insane again." She lifted the bottle in an unspoken toast. "However, I've had two turns as Mistress of Novices and neither ended in catastrophe. So, maybe it will work well."

The truth was that she had enjoyed her tenures as Mistress of Novices. It was perhaps the only administrative position in the Tower that wouldn't drive her crazy. Probably because it aligned so closely with being a mother, which she was good at.

"If I were to be honest, I'm actually looking forward to it. I like working with the future generations." This smile was a little less sarcastic and more sincere. "I think you and I, special peculiarities and all, will do better here than we did as Amyrlin Seat and M'hael."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik