Reluctant Tour Guide / Tag Zhen/Eve

Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays. Yet these events may take place at any area of the Tower, and sometimes outside of it, since the images to the left merely serves as inspiration towards the sceneries of your stories. Channelers are always welcome, and might even find his or her bondmate through the threads that are displayed below.
Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

Re: Reluctant Tour Guide / Tag Zhen/Eve

Post by Lou » November 21st, 2019, 9:05 am

Dianlinn nodded her head to the man when he claimed she could call him Zhen, but she would not, she did not see the point of shortening names, the Aiel liked to use the name that the person had been given. To them it was a form of respect, and she would always show respect, even when it was not deserved, and that was the way of ji'e'toh, and the other person shamed themselves in her presence. "Thank you, but it is custom in the Three-fold Lands to use a full name, Zhenquan, if I may?" She asked him, nodding her head to him, hoping that he acquiesced her request.

As they spoke of horses, she made a face, and she looked back to Zhenquan as he spoke of not liking Horses. She nodded her head to him, in silent agreement. Why could people not use their legs? She could run for days, and still be fit to fight. There was no need for horses, and their stink, and teeth. The change in him as he began to talk about his two hounds made her tilted her head to the side slowly. Interesting. This was about as animated as she had seen him so far. She was not sure that dogs were all that clever, but then neither were some of the Wetlanders she had met so far. His talk of hand signals made her smile a little, like maiden handspeak, and that she missed. There were times her fingers twitched with words, but yet there was no one to understand them. "That is a good goal." She said simply, unsure she could say much else.

She continued to listen to his tales, until they reached the kennels, and then she stopped and let him head on alone. She wanted him to have a moment with the hounds, that meant so much to him, before she made her way into the doorway and watched him. The smell of the kennels was strong, like the stables, and she wrinkled her nose, but she did not mind waiting. The man looked happy right now.
Image Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Zhenquan
SC: Caddoc Svan

Post by Eve » November 22nd, 2019, 6:05 am

When she stated that she’d rather use his full name, he nodded, not seeming to care much one way or another. “That’s fine. It’s not like I hate my name. It just seems easier for people to shorten. If it’s not for you, then don’t worry about it.” He smiled, seeming to feel a bit more at ease around her. She knew where he was from, and that felt good. But she wasn’t asking questions he wasn’t comfortable asking, and that was even better. He didn’t lie. When asked directly he would tell people where he was from, but he wasn’t giving out secrets…or even much information at all, really.

He went into the kennel quickly once they got there, seeming eager to check on his dogs. He had only been separated from them a day, but he wanted to make sure that they were being cared for, and not in a cage too small. When he got there Fletch was pacing back and forth, but Hammer was laying down quietly, watching everything with his serious eyes. He lifted his head when they saw Zhenquan. Fletch barked, and Zhenquan shook his head. “Quiet.” He warned, and Fletch quieted down, but continued to wag her tail. He smiled at this, and then opened the door. “Back.” He stated, and she moved away from the door. Stepping inside, he looked around. This was rather spacious, as well as tall. They would need to be let out daily to run and stretch, but it wasn’t a tiny little dog prison by any stretch. He turned in a circle and then patted his thigh. Hammer stood and took his right, Fletch moved to his left. “Mark.” He told them, and stepped forward with them. When he reached the edge, he walked them around the cage. Hammer and Fletch understood now that this would be their space, their bed and that it would belong to them until Zhen took them away. It was what he used to do when given a room while he worked at some strange place. It helped to calm them.

By the time Dianlinn came inside, Zhen was leading the dogs out of the cage and moving towards the back door, where he had been told that there was a fenced in yard that they could exercise. He smiled at her and gestured, offering her to follow. Once in the sunshine again Hammer sat by his ankles and regarded Dianlinn quietly, looking her up and down. Fletch wagged her tail and stood nearby, wanting to approach but too well trained for that. He gestured to them. “This is Hammer,” He pointed to the male, “And that is Fletch.” He pointed to the female. “I’m gonna give them a few commands for a moment so that they can practice. I’m still learning signals that are obvious to them, so it’s kinda tedious. Hammer’s faster at it.”
ImageImageImage Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » November 25th, 2019, 9:05 am

Dianlinn was stood outside the kennels, hearing bits and pieces of conversation as it was spoken, well, as much as one could converse with dogs. She could hear Zhenquan's words, and the huffs from the dogs inside. She would never understand the pull of dogs and hounds, but each to their own. She would never mock anothers hobbies or cares, but she doubted she would understand them either.

When she made her way inside, she looked around and then moved towards Zhenquan where he stood with his two dogs. They wagged their tails, and she watched them, not understanding what was going on. She looked at the two nods as each was introduced to her, and she nodded her head to each of them. She looked back to Zhenquan as he spoke of practising their commands, nodded her head once and rubbed her hands together.

"Can I touch one?" She asked, having never petted a dog before, as they were either killed or run away.
Image Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 26th, 2019, 4:15 am

“Sure!” He resonded, smiling. “Give me a moment.” He looked down at the dogs, who were looking curiously back and forth between their master and the newcomer. “Eyes on me.” He told them, and pointed two fingers towards his eyes. They instantly looked only at him, their posture alert, their stance poised as they readied themselves for the next command. “Sit.” He told them, lifting his hand from waist to shoulder and making a fist near his shoulder. They sat down, Fletch wagging her tail a little as she did so. His fisted hand turned into a flat palm again, and he pressed it towards them at about his chest height. “Stay.” He told them, and their forms stilled, though Fletch still seemed to be thinking this was more for fun than anything else.

He looked up at Dianlinn then, and smiled. “Those commands are easy. Most commands they understand if I say them. It’s the hand signals they’re getting mixed up over. But they’ll hold still now.” He said, nodding to Hammer and Fletch. “So they won’t be jumping all over you. They’re trained against it anyway, but Fletch gets excited. Hold your hand out, pam down towards them.” If she did so, Zhenquan told them, “Scent.” They leaned in to scent her and he said. “Mark. Friends.” Hammer barked once, a very low sound. Fletch’s sound was higher pitched, but they both stayed where they were, Fletches tail wagging quickly. “Alright.” He said. “You’re good to pet them. They’ll recognize your scent now.”
ImageImageImage Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » December 9th, 2019, 8:53 am

Dianlinn watched as Zhenquan told her to wait a moment, and she nodded to him, and stayed where she was. She stood still, her hands by her side as he called their attention to him, before making them sit down in front of him. She watched the gestures, nothing like Maiden Speech, but at the same time it was the similar concept, except that Zhenquan used speech also. It was intriguing, and the first time she had seen anything like that. When he looked back to her and told her that she could hold her hand out to him, she licked her lower lip, moving forward and holding her hand out in the way that she was told to. She watched as both dogs sniffed her, and she felt a small thrill of fear, there was always the risk they could bite her.

When Zhenquan told them to mark her as a friend, she watched them bark, marking the differences in it before she looked to the new Drin and nodded her head. "Thank you." She moved forward and crouched a little, holding her hand out to Fletch first as she seemed more excited to be touched that Hammer. She ran her hand over the girls head, rubbings gently at her ears and back of the neck. She then reached out to Hammer, doing the same and found herself smiling. A genuine smile that she had not worn for a long while, and she was thankful for such a thing. "They are so soft." Was all she said, "I feel they will dance the spears well."
Image Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » December 10th, 2019, 6:41 am

Zhenquan stood to the side and watched Dianlinn greet the dogs. Fletch seemed very happy to have the pettings, and she scented the woman deeply before happily allowing the affection. Hammer sat still, bending his head to take her scent as well. When she petted him, however, his jaw dropped open and he panted in a pleased manner himself. It seemed they were mostly good natured dogs, Fletch more outgoing and Hammer more serious, but neither really mean.

“I hope they will.” He said, nodding his head. “I want to teach them to attack and guard and all the things I’ve heard war hounds can do. At the moment, though, we’re working on silent signals. Like I said, it’s slow going. They’ve got the vocal ones down…and I show them the silent ones while I say it…soon I’ll be dropping the words entirely to see if they’ve come to recognize the silent ones.” He sighed. “We’ll see…After that, I have to teach them to attack…”
ImageImageImage Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » December 16th, 2019, 6:22 pm

Dianlinn found she was quite taken with the notion of the dogs, especially by their reaction to her. She was surprised that beats that looked so fearsome would be so sweet once they began to take such treatment as she was giving them. She could they liked behind their ears scratched the most, and then under their chins. She had to admit she preferred Fletch, though she doubted either would let Zhenquan down in battle, they seemed too alert. The only thing that put her off was the smell, but she guessed that was something you could get used to.

She nodded to Zhenquan as he spoke of what he wanted to do with them, and she could see his logic. There must be Gaidin who used animals as scouts and defenders, she just had not read of it yet. "It sounds like you have much work ahead of you, Zhenquan, though I doubt that you will fail in this. And if you do, Hammer here will set you back on your course." She chuckled a little at her own joke, and looked around.

"Is dagger to be your weapon, Zhenquan, as we could have a spar if you wish it?"
Image Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » December 17th, 2019, 6:06 am

Zhenquan was beaming by the time Dianlinn looked up at him. She had started this walk with an expression that said she was unsure about dogs, but not she was petting them and seemed to be quite happy with it. Even Hammer was happily panting, enjoying her attention while Fletch’s tail went a mile a minute as she leaned into the scratching. It made him happy to see them all enjoying themselves like this. Were these the people that his own people had called beneath them? So far, he had seen no differences between he and they. Some were good, some were bad, most were a mixture in between. They didn’t seem inherently stupider or easier to fool (as his own father often said). The curiosity and questioning that had gotten him this far seemed to have been right. They were just people…just like him.

He nodded his head and gave Dainlinn his smile as she asked about his weapon. “Yea, I’ve always preferred the daggers. I’m not as good as some of the trainees I’ve seen, but I guess I’m alright. I would love to give a spar a try and see if I can’t work out some of what to do better.” He looked a bit embarrassed. “You’ll likely beat me into the ground, though.” He said, giving a grin.
ImageImageImage Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik