A Quiet Corner

Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays. Yet these events may take place at any area of the Tower, and sometimes outside of it, since the images to the left merely serves as inspiration towards the sceneries of your stories. Channelers are always welcome, and might even find his or her bondmate through the threads that are displayed below.
Joshua
"New Spring"
PC: Elean Vynar

A Quiet Corner

Post by Joshua » November 15th, 2018, 3:49 am

It had been a long walk... and some wagon rides...and chatty farmers. Elean finally was able to look up at the Grey Tower. Moon Shadow and Leaping Hare had left him a few miles outside the city. They had been willing to go in with him, but Elean thought it best if they stayed away, at least for now. He wanted to get a feel for how these strangers would react to a man with gold eyes.
He walked up the steps into the entrance of the tower, and stopped. There were more people here than he thought. His put his thoughts together I need to find out who’s in charge...there has to be some. He started scanning faces, looking for that leader-like bearing that was so obvious once you saw it. Elean let out a quiet sigh. He walked up to the first person walking by,
“Excuse me, hello, I was wondering if there was someone I could speak to about training here. I’ve heard a lot about this place.”
The young woman was just looking up from the book she was reading, and gave a start when she saw Elean standing in her way. Elean noticed the even more pronounced jump when she saw his eyes. She recovered herself gracefully through.
She met his eyes steadily “another one. They seem to pop up more and more now.” She seemed to say to herself, then to Elean, “so you can speak to them to...the wolves I mean. We already have a few of you Wolfkin here at the tower. Though not to many.” She said with a smile.
Elean smiled back, trying to adapt to her friendly manner, “yes, I can. My friends are outside the city right now...but they did offer to come in with me. Moon Shadow can be quite the protector at time...” he trailed off, but then remembered what he had been asking her “I was wondering who I talk to, if I’d like to learn and train here.” He waited patiently for her reply
She nodded her head in understanding, “ you’ll want to meet with the leader of the school you want to join. Mistress of Training looks over the Drin, or the Master of Soldiers. Can you channel?” She asked calmly.
Elean chuckled, “no I’m not able to channel. I would have started long before now.” The girl smiled and pointed down the hall, “you’ll want to see Riahana Tomosan, she’s the Mistress of training. If you go wait in the Warder Yard, I’ll let someone know to tell her she has a new Drin waiting for her. It’s down the hall and out one of the side doors. You can’t miss it. And at this time of day, it’s probably not that busy. It’s lunch time. Good luck!” She said the last words as she was already turning to go on her way.
Elean waved and waited until she turned a corner to continue walking down the hall. His sharp ears heard a clack clack long before he got to the source. He turned in one of the side doors leading out to a balcony and got his first glimpse of where he hoped to do his training. There where a couple of young people sparing with practice swords. He noted that it wasn’t just swords being taught. He saw a variety of weapons hanging on the walls, or propped on stands, waiting to be wielded.
Elean quietly walked onto the packed ground of the yard, but to his relief, nobody noticed him. He needed to find somewhere to wait. He found a quiet corner of the yard, out of the way of the students. He undid his traveling cloak to free up his arms. He didn’t usually wear a cloak. He was much happier with the freedom of movement that his close fitting leather armor gave him. Built into the leather were sheaths and straps, each holding throwing knives of multiple sizes. His Tanto was in a sheath at the small of his back. He settled into his quiet corner of the yard, took out a handful of blades, and with beautiful precision, methodically sent them into the trunk of a tree, and he waited.

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: A Quiet Corner

Post by Roan » November 15th, 2018, 5:46 pm

It wasn't uncommon for Riahana Gaidin to eat through lunch, but on this day, she and Gareth Asha'man met for lunch, both the Gaidin and the Yellow deciding they could afford an hour away from their duties. Just as they were finishing up, a Ji'val approached and cleared her throat, "Excuse me, Gaidin, but there is a potential Drin candidate waiting to meet with you."

Ria looked to the Ji'val, "Thank you, Senya Ji'val. Where can I find the new arrival?"

"He's in the Training Yards, throwing knives into one of our trees,” Senya replied.

Ria arched a brow, “Right. Thank you, Ji’val.” She waited for Senya to depart before she looked back to her husband, and reached across to squeeze the Yellow Asha’man’s hand, “I guess that means it’s time for me to get back to work. I will see you tonight for dinner, my heart.”

Gareth squeezed her hand in return, and rumbled, “See you tonight, my Gaidin.”

Ria’s fancloak trailed behind her as she made her way to the Training Yards, her hands resting on her sword-belt. Coming around a last corner, the Mistress of Training saw an unfamiliar man throwing dagger after dagger at one of the trees on the edge of one of the training areas. Stepping up to him, Ria tilted her head slightly, “We don’t use our trees for target practice. We have a range set up for such work, or training dummies.”

Waiting until the man turned around, Ria offered a warm smile, “I am Riahana Tomosan Gaidin, Mistress of Training. I hear you are curious about joining our ranks as a Drin?”

Joshua
"New Spring"

Post by Joshua » November 15th, 2018, 9:18 pm

Thwack...thwack thwack...Elean steadily sent knives into the tree he was focusing on, knives swiftly leaving both hand. A skill he had worked on developing himself. His ears picked up the almost unnoticeable footfalls of someone walking in his direction,
‘they’re very good...even I’m having to pay attention.’

Elean sent one final blade down range, and gracefully turned to face the new voice. The woman who stood just off to the side met his gaze without flinching. She had tilted, sharp blue eye that contrasted well with her dark hair. Her bold nose marked her as Saldean, but Elean could sense a humble pride radiating off her And he knew that those blue eyes didn’t miss anything. All in all, an intimidating woman in the right circumstances, he mused.
Elean smiled “yes, well, i thought it best to stay out of the way until I met whom ever I was supposed to meet,” blue eyes met gold eyes, “I’m Elean Vynar.”
Abruptly he turned back to the tree and began taking down his blades.
He noticed that Riahana watched every move he made, and she definitely noticed the shear number of blades that he carried, and that none were hidden.
She nodded again and relaxed, but only slightly. Her hand still rested on the hilt of her sword. The corner of Eleans mouth quirked up. Yes, definitely an intimidating woman, in the right circumstances.

Roan

Post by Roan » November 17th, 2018, 7:04 pm

“Well met, Elean Vynar. Walk with me,” Ria replied and nodded back towards the Warder Hall. “I see you’ve got your own weapons and armour. If you decide to sign the roster to become a Drin of the Yards, you will have to surrender your gear to our Quartermaster. He will keep it safe and well maintained, and you will get it back either when you gain your Fancloak, or if you decide to part ways with us.”

As the two reached the double doors leading into the entryway of the Warder Hall, Ria pulled one of the doors open and waved for him to enter. She followed behind and walked across the Fang and Flame, symbol of the Tower. It didn’t take them long to reach her office. “We like our learning ranks to focus not just on weapons they know, but other skills, as well. We insist everyone learn unarmed fighting, but aside from that, your weapons choice is your own,” Ria said as she moved around her large desk.

The office had a sitting area off to one side with a small table and two chairs sat in front of a fireplace. Today, there was a small fire on the go, but the Book of the Yards was on her desk, and it was easier to work with it on her desk than move it. She tilted her head slightly, “Tell me. . .why do you wish to join our ranks?”

Joshua
"New Spring"

Post by Joshua » November 19th, 2018, 6:29 pm

Elean followed quietly as the Mistress of Training motioned for him to follow. He thought quickly about the things he had just learned. “I’m not the most comfortable with the idea of parting with my weapons, but if it is what is need to stay and learn here, I’ll do it.” He stated. “And as you far as unarmed goes, I’ll only be adding to the skills I already have. And those are considerable, to a certain degree. I’m sure there is a teacher here that can best me...and help refine my skills” he added quickly.
All he got from her, as they crossed the large symbol of a fang and flame on the floor of the...Warder hall, she called it... was a knowing smile, like she had heard this all before. She opened a wooden door of to the side, and they entered what he assumed was her office, and he answered her next question as he sat down, “well, I’d heard that this was a place to learn things. I am someone who enjoys learning and experiencing new things, and this seemed like the right place at this point in my life. I don’t know what my thoughts will be a few months from now, but I’d like to learn as much as I can about whatever catches my attention. And I can’t channel, so this is my only option, and it seems like a good one.”
He sat, poised in the chair, wondering what Riahana was thinking of his answer. He was a confident man, but you never know what’s going to happen, especially with strangers.

Roan

Post by Roan » November 20th, 2018, 8:35 pm

The Mistress of Training nodded, "You won't be the first to come here with previous fighting experience. We get a wide range of skills coming to us, from those who've never held a weapon in their life to seasoned soldiers from queen's guards. Everyone finds they have something to learn. . .if not within their weapon or fighting style of choice, then with various other weapons. In other words, you will indeed learn things and gain new experiences here at the Tower, without a doubt.

"With regards to your weapons and armor, aside from what skills a person brings here, we place all of our Drin at the same starting point. It forces people out of their comfort zone and makes them a bit more receptive to the new experiences they'll encounter," Ria explained. She tilted her head slightly as she continued, "Drin are our first rank, followed by Ji'val, and finally Gaidin. While here at the Tower, you will encounter other learning ranks from our channelers. The female ranks are Novices, Accepted and Aes Sedai for first rank, middle rank and full rank, while the male channeler ranks are Soldiers, Dedicated and Asha'man.

"All first ranks share quarters with other first ranks. You will be paired with another Drin. If you pass the test to become Ji'val, you will get your own private quarters," she continued.

A large book sat to her right, and Riahana ran her thumb along the top, using the red ribbon that was folded over to open to a specific page. From where he sat, Elean would see line after line of names on both pages. At the bottom, there was one blank line left. Looking up from the book, Ria tilted her head as she regarded the man before her, "Do you understand what it is we train for? What it means to be a Gaidin?"

Joshua
"New Spring"

Post by Joshua » December 12th, 2018, 1:33 am

Elean listened intently to what Riahanna had to say. He knew deep down that this was the place he had been looking for. He had so much he wanted to learn, and it was not all about weapons and fighting. And the training set up was not unlike the living situation he had been in as a prize fighter a year ago. Long hours, hard training, mental stimulation. Basically this was everything that he had been looking for, only he could pursue other areas of study.

He thought about her question for a minute. “What it means to be a Gaidin? I don’t really know, and frankly, it doesn't really concern me right now. I didn't come here to be a Gaidin. I came here to learn. That being my current goal, Becoming a Gaidin is not a high priority right now.” he paused, “because, as you said, I don’t have to complete the full training. I can leave when ever I would like to.” he smiled slyly, “but that doesn't mean I plan on leaving anytime soon.”

“I will accept the terms of admittance...just point me in the direction of who I give my gear to. I want to make sure they keep all my things in working order.”

He got a flash of worry from Moonshadow, who was roaming outside the city. Both she and Leaping Hare could feel his tension and nervousness, despite the confidence that he was exuding. He held out his hand for the pen, and, deep down, hoped that Riahana would give it to him.

Roan

Post by Roan » December 16th, 2018, 7:56 pm

Riahana arched a brow and tilted her head ever so slightly, "I am pretty sure I did not say you do not have to complete the training. We expect those who sign the book to give their all and to devote themselves to the Tower. When you sign the book, you are committing yourself to a cause. . .to defend the Tower and put your life ahead of the Channelers who also train and live here along side of us.

"If you are not willing to commit yourself to that cause, if being a Gaidin isn't a priority, then perhaps the Tower and the Warder Yards are not for you. We expect those who sign the books to do their best to pass the tests put before them for advancement," the Mistress of Training replied in a matter of fact tone. "We cannot afford to take just anyone off the streets and train them. What we train for, what we fight for is too important to meet half-heatedly, and I will not risk the others, be they learning ranks or full ranks, by letting someone join them who is not as committed as they are. . .who lacks the fire and drive required to keep the Shadow at bay."

The Gaidin studied the man across from her closely for several moments, letting the silence linger between the two of them, hoping her words sunk in. "Can you make that commitment? Can you honestly make that commitment? Could you put your life on the line to save one of our Channelers?"

Joshua
"New Spring"

Post by Joshua » January 8th, 2019, 6:52 pm

As the Mistress of Training finish her words, Elean sat, and oddly, found himself relay taking them in. If he finished the training, he would most likely be bonded to a channeler....he had never taken the time to figure out what that might really mean.
He put his hand down, with a sigh, and took a moment to gather his thoughts,

“I want to apologize for my overconfidence. I am well aware that this decision is a very large endeavor, and I am willing to do whatever it takes to be one of the best. I will be more that happy to sign the book, and take whatever tests you might have for me. And I will take your words into account, and mentally prepare myself for living the life as a Warder. Please accept my apology, and allow me to sign.”

He sat and patiently waited for the Mistress of Training to make her choice.

Roan

Post by Roan » January 11th, 2019, 1:06 am

Would the man before her commit himself? People came to the Tower for different reasons. Not all who came were given the chance to sign the books. Others similar to Elean had been turned away. Something in the way the man spoke as he apologized resonated, though Ria gave nothing away with her schooled expression. Tilting her head slightly, the Mistress of Training turned the book towards Elean and offered him her quill, "Once you've finished signing, the Ji'val outside of my office will take you to see the quartermaster. You will be assigned to quarters you shall share with another Drin who is likely attending classes at the moment.

"You will begin with classes in two days' time. All Drin, regardless of experience, must take unarmed. There are classes on history, tactics and strategy you'll also take in your time here. Such classes aren't always to everyone's taste, but we've discovered a good foundation in history, tactics and strategy are invaluable. Don't be surprised if there are Novices, Accepted, Soldiers or Dedicated in the class with you," Ria explained. "Your initial course load is what all new Drin take, but as you finish these courses, what else you learn is often up to you.

"Part of my duty as Mistress of Training is to guide you in your studies to help you pick courses that will augment and add to the skills you already have. I make sure the Drin and Ji'val stay on course to attain their Fancloak and become Gaidin at the Tower. Do you have any questions?"

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik