Did we just become best friends? [ATTN: Dreyric]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Zhenquan
SC: Caddoc Svan

Re: Did we just become best friends? [ATTN: Dreyric]

Post by Eve » November 26th, 2019, 4:21 am

Fletch looked very proud of herself, happily chewing the jerky. Zhen nodded his head. “Yea. They know the verbal commands pretty well now, but they just started the silent ones. I started their learning by doing the silent commands while I spoke aloud, but they should be passed that, now. So I have to sometimes do it more than once before they get it.

Hammer was watching Fletch and Zhen as they worked, and for a moment it seemed he was straight up ignoring Dreyric. When the man took his place before the large hound, Hammer turned his head as if on accident, looking in a completely different direction. Then he did it again, now looking at the sky. Finally, however, Dreyric managed to get his attention and the dog couldn’t pretend otherwise. He ‘rffed’ at him lowly as if to say he had been teasing him, but took an attention stance, now looking only at Dreyric. When the other gave the signal to sit, Hammer’s butt when instantly down to the earth, and he sat there regally while watching Dreyric as if to see what he would do, in response.
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"
PC: Dreyric Briouse

Post by -RJ- » November 26th, 2019, 7:48 pm

Dreyric nodded slightly at this. He smiled when he was told this. He knew those two dogs especially, were sharp, he'd had that notion when he had first met them and their owner. "Does your culture ever do that with dogs, or did you learn about how to do it from reading?" He wondered now, as he knew next to nothing about Zhen's culture. He was pretty sure that no one really knew that much about his culture. He hadn't asked a whole lot of questions about it himself, not wanting to put him on the spot, and he was still careful, but he was curious nonetheless.

Dreyric noticed that Hammer appeared not to be paying attention as he took direction from Zhen. He turned his head and wasn't even looking at him, first looking to the side and then up at the sky as if he was studying the clouds. An amused look entered his green eyes as finally, the large hound looked at him. The sound he then gave made him seemed almost like he was talking. When the animal's backside hit the ground, he smiled and extended his hand, offering him a bit of jerky. Then he stepped back and made the gesture for the dog to lay down, watching him, fairly certain that he would follow the command.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 27th, 2019, 6:03 am

Zhen smiled when Hammer ignored Dreyric. When he finally ‘noticed’ him, and began to follow orders, he smiled even larger. He then looked down at Fletch, who waited for him expectantly. The next command he gave involved him lifting his arm in a circular motion before pushing it, palm out, from his chest. “S-t-a-y.” He spelled to Dreyric. Fletch cocked her head, but stayed with her belly on the ground, watching him. He then turned and walked away. Fletch twitched some, but Zhen repeated the motion, and she calmed again, though it seemed she was eager for the next part. Standing several feet away from her, he lifted his fist to his shoulder, and thrust it straight out to the side. “S-t-a-n-d.” He told Dreyric. Fletch was instantly on her toes, ready to move. It seemed she liked this command. “Good girl.” He told Fletch, who wagged hard. Next, he brought his hand up to his chin, and Fletch shot forward like an arrow, happy to be given the command to move. “C-o-m-e.” He said. “And finally h-e-e-l.” He brought his hand to his chest, and then circled it around near his hip. Fletch cocked her head, barking to show she was confused. He repeated the gesturing, ending his hand by his hip.

She seemed to have some trouble getting this one, and she gave a whine as she danced around, trying to understand. Finally, however, she slowly rotated her back end so that she was standing next to him, her head near his hip, looking up at him with questioning eyes. “Good girl.” He said again, and gave her a large piece of jerky. She gulped it down eagerly, and then grinned and panted, as if in pride.
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » November 27th, 2019, 7:06 am

Dreyric watched Hammer followed his order without fail and now the male of the pair was laying down as well. He watched Zhen as he showed him another command, this one to get the dog to stay. He moved his own arm in a circle as well and then pushed it with his palm out from his chest, looking at Hammer as he did this, so he would stay there for a second when he watched the rest of the commands. He turned his head now and watched closely when he made the motions for stand, and then for come as well. He smiled at Fletch's reactions, deciding this had earned her a petting session from him once they were done with the training. She was a good dog. He saw that she was having a bit of difficulty with the heel command, but then, it seemed as though it had clicked. "Very good girl!" Dreyric repeated merrily, and then directed his attention to Hammer.

He walked away a ways and then faced the male dog, after making the signal for him to look at him again, then he made the gesture for stand, hoping it was clear enough. When and if he did that, he made the gesture then for him to come to him, and waited for him to do that. When he got to him, he made the heel motion as best as he could. If this was effective, he then gave Hammer a piece of jerky as well with one of those bright smile of his. "Good boy, Hammer." He told him now.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 28th, 2019, 5:09 am

Zhen watched as Hammer dutifully followed each direction that was given to him. The dog took it seriously, now that his attention had been successfully gained, and he was no longer playing with his handler. He stood, his body taunt and poised just so, and then he strode forward seriously, keeping his eyes on Dreyric, and letting nothing else distract him. Once he reached the other, and he was given the command to heel, he did so instantly, coming to stand next to Dreyric, facing in the same direction as him and looking forward, and then up, to scout out the area and then see if any forth coming commands would be issued.

“Good job!” Zhen said, grinning as he complimented both the dog and his friend. Hammer ate his jerky swiftly, giving one wag of his tail to show his pleasure. He looked down at Fletch and made a fist, raising it sharply towards his face. Instantly, she sprung up and began to frolic, having been given the ‘all clear’ signal which meant she could run and play. He looked at Dreyric. “That’s the last signal. You give it when you want to tell them they’re done taking commands for now. It’s like…’class over’. You try, so they can run and get some exercise.”
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » November 30th, 2019, 1:04 am

Dreyric watched as Hammer seemed to follow his directions without a pause after he'd gotten him to focus on him. He was obviously doing very well with this training. That made Dreyric feel proud, as he felt they had both come quite a ways. He followed the directions he'd given Hammer to heel, and watched as he came to stand next to him and faced him, so he would be able to see if he gave any other commands. He smiled as he noticed this and watched the dog for a moment before he looked back at Zhen.

He gave a pleased little chuckle as he received a little praise as well for the progress he'd shown as far as learning the commands went. He watched Zhen and then gave a slight nod. He then turned his head to catch the gaze of Hammer again and he made a fist of his own, raising it quickly at his own face. He watched Hammer for a moment and chuckled a little again, and then he nodded at his friend's words. "There, how's that?" He asked, giving a small nod. "That was interesting! I'd like to help out in the future if you need me. "They're doing really well, I think." He added now, watching the two dogs run now if his command had been effective.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » December 2nd, 2019, 3:52 am

Hammer was watching Dreyic closely now, as the other started to gesture again. As soon as he understood it he stood. He gave one wag of his tail, and then bolted after the frolicking Fetch. His massive form hurled into the air at the last moment and barreled into the smaller female. She yelped once, and then slipped out from beneath him to run down the grass, Hammer following after. Zhenquan watched this with a smile. “They don’t get out as much as they used to.” He told the other. “I mean, they have plenty of exercise and all, but it’s not like they run all day anymore. So when they’re turned loose they like to act like puppies.” He chuckled at this. “When I’m fully raised, I’m gonna keep them with me.” He said proudly. “That’ll be good for them, too.”

He turned to look at Dreyic then and smiled. “I would love your help.” He said, grinning. “It’s not so easy with two dogs when you’re only one person. Though Hammer’s so smart that it’s quite a bit easier than it might have been otherwise. Also…” he smirked at the young man. “Eventually I’m going to have to teach them to attack…So I’m going to need a decoy to holler and run and let them bite at padded areas.” This seemed to amuse him, from the way he was smirking.
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » December 4th, 2019, 7:53 pm

Dreyric's green eyes held an amused look as Hammer stood, wagged his tail, and was off. He observed as Hammer went after her and then proceeded to run right into Fetch. It didn't take her long to escape from that, and then off they both went, Hammer chasing after Fetch. "It's good for them, to be able to let off some steam then." Dreyric answered at Zhenquan's comment, and he felt he could sympathize with them, as he couldn't 'run' all day anymore either. His friend then told him that he was going to keep them when he had gotten raised, and he nodded at this. "Yes, I think it'll be good for all three of you." He said with a smile, nodding his approval of this idea.

He nodded again, looking a touch proud that the other said that he would love to have his help. He looked a bit less enthused when he described just how he might need his help, but then he gave a chuckle at this. "I used to do that all the time with some of the neighbor's dogs when I was growing up, so I can likely help you out with that." He said, shrugging his shoulders a little and he returned a slight smirk to Zhen now. He looked towards the dogs and then back at Zhen after watching the dogs for a few more minutes and then he heaved a mighty sigh. "As much as I'd like to stay out here all day, it's getting to be the time I need to get going if I'm going to be on time for my next class." He said, looking as though he'd rather not be having to say that, and then he added, "we'll have to arrange some time in the near future to have another talk!"
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » December 5th, 2019, 4:44 am

Zhen laughed at the look on the other’s face, and then grinned when he agreed. “Good!” He said, patting the other on the back. “I’ll start studying that sort of thing soon, so that we know what we need to do when it comes to that. Likely, we’ll start with training dummies first, though, so don’t worry.” He turned to watch the two dogs running and jumping, one occasionally tackling the other before they were off again.

When Dreyric spoke, he glanced up at the sun. “Yea…” he said finally. “It is time for me to get going soon, too.” He sighed, and then looked at Dreyric, “But at least we have lunches together? If you want, you can always sit with me… And if you have other friends, we can all sit together!” He turned, then, and whistled loudly for Hammer and Fletch. They trotted to him, Fletch loudly complaining about having to go back in. Zhen promised her that, on the next free day, he’d take them for a run about the grounds as he led them back inside. “See you later!” He called to Dreyric, raising a hand to wave.
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » December 9th, 2019, 1:25 am

"I'm not worried!" Dreyric replied with a slight chuckle, turning and watching the dogs as well, enjoying their antics. He then turned his head and nodded at what he said, looking very excited for a moment at this. "Definitely, I'd like that a lot." He said. "I've made a few friends." He said now. That probably wasn't a surprise, he tended to be usually a rather friendly sort of young man. He waited when the other whistled for the dogs, and when they came at the whistling, he smiled and lifted a hand to pet the dogs, each one on their head. "See you soon!" He called as he turned and then strode back inside as well and then he was on his way, heading to the next class he had that day.
Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik