Grass So Soft [Open]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

Re: Grass So Soft [Open]

Post by Lou » January 13th, 2020, 2:24 pm

Dianlinn listened as he claimed not have played cards often, and she was surprised. She had thought that all Wetlanders played cards, after all the Wetlander wagon Guards who came with the peddlers always played cards for money. It was just a shame not all of them were smart. Not that there was often a problem, as the Aiel did not take well to those who lost badly, or claimed that the Aiel had cheated. So many tried to act graceful when they lost. But to know he played Stones made her smiled a little more, and she nodded her head. “Maybe you would like a game sometime, if we ever have the time.” And if she could find a Stones board or a deck of cards.

She leaned forward as he said he did not know if the Drin were allowed into the Library, and she nodded her head. She could see the logic in his words, why would she not be allowed in there? But then again many things in the Wetlands did not make sense, and here most of all. “I am sure there are many books that would be useful.” She told him, and made to try and find out if she could read and borrow books from there. When he leaned forward and spoke softly about borrowing books for her, and she tilted her head again and offered him a small smile. “That is kind of you, Kalyan Rihera, but I would not wish you to get into trouble on my behalf.” She told him, but she was touched that he would have offered that for her.

WHen he asked what she liked to read most, she adopted a look of concentration, and licked her lips. “In the Three-fold Land, books are scarce, so I would read whatever I could get.” She told him, “But I like the stories of battles, history ones. I also liked stories when the lesser man come out on top. Against Kings and Rulers.” She told him, “I liked The Thousand Tales of Anla, they made me laugh.” She told him, a smile on her face. “But now I think the books will help me understand the lands this side of the Spine of the World.” She said, and hoped that she would be allowed to read the books when she explained it was to help make her a better Gaidin.
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: Grass So Soft [Open]

Post by Alianora » January 15th, 2020, 11:14 pm

Kalyan
It did not surprise Kalyan at all to learn that of the Drin's favorite books were about battles. He'd never been very interested in those himself, but he nodded politely anyways. "I've never read The Thousand Tales of Anla," he said, "but I've heard gleemen recite them a couple of times, and I always enjoyed listening to them." He smiled at the memory of those rare occasions.

When she spoke of wanting to read more to learn more about where she now lived, Kalyan was quick to respond. "You could always tell one of the Gaidin that, if you have trouble getting books from the library. Surely you'd be allowed to borrow them then." He tilted his head, looking at her. "And if you don't understand something....you can ask me, though I don't know much about the countries outside of Andor," he admitted. "But I could try."

He could have spoken more, of his own favorite stories and his desire to see those other countries, but before he could say anything else, the Tower's bells began to chime. Kalyan jumped, startled, and scrambled to his feet. "I have to get back to my room now," he explained, not sure if the Drin followed that rule as novices and soldiers did. "It was nice meeting you, maybe we'll see each other out here again another day." With one last smile, Kalyan hurried away, hoping to reach his room quickly enough to avoid being caught out after curfew.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik