Wilder (attn: Elestren)

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Wilder (attn: Elestren)

Post by Alianora » June 14th, 2019, 10:22 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran stepped into the small classroom she'd been assigned and knew immediately that she was going to have to do some rearranging. I'm glad I got here early. The neat arrangement of desks in orderly rows would be fine for most classes, but wasn't at all suitable for teaching just one novice. The Aes Sedai sighed, then walked towards one of the desks in the front and began pushing it towards the wall. She repeated this until all but two of the desks had been moved to the sides and back of the room. The last two were relocated to the center of the room, where Liaran turned them to face each other.

After propping the door open, the Aes Sedai took a seat at the desk she'd be using, positioned to allow her to see when the novice she was awaiting arrived. She reached up, pushing a handful of her black curls out of her face, and brushed some stray dog hair from her clothing. Sitting up straight, her hands hidden under the desk and mostly covered by the long blue sleeves of her blouse, Liaran's dark eyes watched the door.

Elestren
"New Spring"
PC: Elestren Amaranth

Re: Wilder (attn: Elestren)

Post by Elestren » June 15th, 2019, 3:52 pm

Novice Elestren
A toll announced the time, reminding Elestren of the new class she would be attending today. Her head shot up from a book she had been studying sending wispy reddish waves wafting around her face. Her eyes widened in horror as she took in her appearance. Her dress of novice white was a little dingy around the hem and the material scuffed. She had another in her quarters, but no time to tidy up before class. She cursed her tendency to become so absorbed.

Shrugging her shoulders, she decided it would be better to be a little grubby and uncombed than late. Elly rushed through the halls while trying not to run. This would be her first classroom experience alone with an Aes Sedai. While strangely excited, she was also very intimidated. So many potential mistakes to be made! Her mind raced, trying to remember all the protocol involved.

Stopping slightly before the classroom that she had been told, Elestren took a few moments to try to compose herself. She tugged at her skirts and ran her fingers through her hair to smooth it. This did not have the desired effect. Elly could feel the strands floating and was sure it was sticking out in all directions. Sometimes desperate situations… She looked at her hands reluctantly and licked her palms. Sticking out her tongue in distaste she ran her hands over her hair again. She hoped it helped.

Well, that is about as good as can be achieved without a new dress, washing basin, and mirror. She squared her shoulders, refusing to give in to the intimidation. She knew her waiflike appearance already put her at a disadvantage in that regard. She strode to the open door and despite her previous resolve, peeked in. She saw the thin, dark haired, dark eyed woman already seated at one of two desks in the center of the classroom. All thoughts of proper protocol flew from her mind. Her pale eyes widened when she felt the woman's eyes on her. Rushing into the room, her cheeks flushed bright scarlet with embarrassment. She decided her decision between neatness and being late might have been incorrect. After gawking briefly, she remembered some of what she had been taught. She swept into a curtsy that would make her father proud while waiting to be addressed.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 16th, 2019, 7:48 pm

Liaran Sedai
Precisely on time, a small, redhaired novice hurried into the room. To Liaran, the child seemed unsure of herself, even turning red when she noticed that Liaran was watching her. The graceful curtsy she gave revealed dirt along the edges of her hem, and while other Aes Sedai might have scolded the girl over it, Liaran couldn't be bothered with such a minor detail. Briefly, the Aes Sedai glanced down at her own trousers, where another piece of Shadow's hair appeared to have manifested, seemingly out of nowhere. I can hardly say anything about her dress, with the amount of dog fur I end up wearing. She flicked it off of the sky blue silk, then returned her gaze to the novice. The smile she gave the girl was warm and welcoming.

"You must be novice Elestren, and I am Liaran Sedai," she said. Liaran moved her hands from her lap to rest on the desk in front of her, still mostly concealed by her sleeves. With a nod at the desk opposite her, she directed, "Please come sit across from me, then you can begin by telling me everything you know about the One Power." From experience, Liaran knew that a vast majority of her students knew little to nothing of it, and often, what they believed they knew was entirely incorrect. To reassure the girl, she added, "There is no right or wrong answer; if you know nothing about it, say so. I simply need to find out anything you know already so I don't waste your time or mine repeating it." She laid one hand atop the other on the desk as she waited for the novice to follow her instructions.

Elestren
"New Spring"

Post by Elestren » June 30th, 2019, 4:07 pm

Novice Elestren
The warm smile on Liaran Sedai’s face was an immense relief to the curtsying novice. She hurried to the desk so as not to press her luck further than she thought she had. A frown flitted at the corners of Elly’s lips as she considered the question. What do I know about the One Power? She mused to her herself. Not much. Oh, she knew what she’d read in her books before coming to the Grey Tower. Despite her short stay, she had learned enough to know those were mostly just fool stories. Wrinkles creased her brow as she focused her earnest face on that of the woman sitting across from her.

“Well, Liaran Sedai, if I’m to be honest, and I’m sure I should, I don’t know much.” She knew she was blathering, and a blush rose in her cheeks. The woman intimidated her despite seeming friendly. “I know that it can be used to accomplish wondrous feats! But…,” she looked down at her outspread hands, “I don’t know how it accomplishes them.” She sighed exasperatedly, still looking at her hands. “I have been told that I have done some of these… wondrous things without realizing.” Elestren felt foolish. How could one use something like that and have no idea? She did not like being ignorant. She also decided she was not going to be intimidated by a woman who was trying to help her. Elly squared her shoulders and lifted her head to meet the other woman’s gaze. “Please, I want to know as much as I can!” Her hands had been reaching to Liaran Sedai’s unconsciously. She clenched her fists to stop them.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 30th, 2019, 9:28 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran's eyes remained on the girl as she spoke, listening intently to what Elestren said. Much of it was nothing the Aes Sedai had not heard many times before. An admission of knowing little, an enthusiasm for learning more which Liaran appreciated....these were common among many of her students. What was not at all common was the statement, mentioned almost in passing, that she had been told she'd done wondrous things without realizing it.

She leaned forward in her seat, looking directly into the novice's eyes, and as gently as she could, asked, "Elestren. Are you saying that someone has told you that you were channeling the One Power before coming here?" She didn't want to scare the girl, but this was information that she needed to know before attempting to teach her anything. In the same tone of voice, Liaran added, "You won't be in any trouble if that's true, but I need you to be honest with me. Can you tell me why someone might have thought that about you?" She gave the novice a smile meant to be encouraging, sat back in her seat to give her student some space, and waited.

Elestren
"New Spring"

Post by Elestren » July 15th, 2019, 5:33 pm

Novice Elestren
The novice’s eyes widened again in response to the question. Despite being reassured that she wouldn’t be in any trouble, she wondered if it was wrong of her to have done. “Liaran Sedai, I had no idea I was channeling the One Power, if... so I was.” Her face reddened in embarrassment once again. “I just know that I helped some animals recover from wounds or illness that others said there was no recovering from.” Elestren herself knew this to be true for a fact. She had healed a fracture in her pony’s foreleg that would have either resulted in her father putting her friend down, or a possible life full of lameness and pain.

“My father runs an inn, you see.” She swatted some of her hair away from her face. “He stabled many horses that were much the worse for wear after their travels. I developed a bit of a reputation in town for my abilities to help ease their pain and injuries.” She wasn’t sure why telling of this embarrassed her, but she avoided meeting the gaze of the other woman in the room. “This brought more custom to the inn. My father depended on me to gather and dispense the simples and treatments that could be useful for an inn to provide.” A smile of reminiscence played across her face. “While out gathering and collecting wild food and herbs for the inn, I often found myself in the company of other animals. Some of which needed my help.” She had enjoyed that aspect of her duties. “Many people came to me for help as well, but…,” she paused, frowning, “but try as I might my ministrations never worked as well.” Memories of pain, fear, and loathing in the faces of others as they realized she couldn’t help them the way she did her ‘animals’ almost brought tears to her eyes.

She looked pleadingly at the waiting face of the Aes Sedai. “Please! I have no real idea if I was channeling, or just lucky, but I want to learn to help others!”

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 17th, 2019, 10:29 pm

Liaran Sedai
There was no way for Liaran to know whether the events Elestren described were caused by the spark of saidar within her, or nothing more than learned skill and a bit of luck. What she did know was that if the girl had been channeling, her lessons were likely to become an interesting challenge for them both. The Aes Sedai nodded as the novice stopped speaking.

"In time," Liaran told her, "you can learn to use the One Power to help people, if that's what you wish. What you need to understand is that it may be years before you're ready for that. Work hard, study hard, and you will earn the freedom to direct your own studies."

She gave the novice another small smile, hoping Elestren didn't feel as if she'd just been scolded. That hadn't been Liaran's intention. The Aes Sedai moved her folded hands from the desk into her lap as she considered what to say next. Should I mention the possibility of a block to her? The last thing she wanted was to discourage the novice before they'd even begun the actual lesson, but it didn't seem right not to warn her and risk her becoming frustrated and disappointed if she did have one. Her gaze drifted away from the novice as she thought of the day when she'd learned of her own block. She could still remember the emotions of that day, the confusion and the anger, and neither of those were something she wanted to inflict on the girl across from her. Knowing that helped Liaran to come to a decision.

"Before we begin, Elestren, you should know that if what you told me was the start of your channeling, there is a chance you might have what we call a block. A block is something that a man or woman who's just started to channel builds up in his or her mind to prevent conscious knowledge of what it is they're doing. It usually greatly limits what the channeler can do. If you do have one, and it's just as possible that you don't, then we will have to work on breaking it together....and it can be difficult. I'm not telling this to frighten you, but I do want you to be aware of it. If you should notice that you're struggling with your lessons, regardless of how much effort you put into learning, it might just be that you have a block to get past, and no fault of yours."

The Aes Sedai paused for a minute, turning her head slightly to look at the girl. Her dark eyes looked into the novice's own as she said, "No matter how hard it gets, you can learn to channel. I can already sense it in you. Do you have any questions before we begin?"

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik