Waking [Attn: Bella]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Owen
"The Eye of the World"

Waking [Attn: Bella]

Post by Owen » January 12th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Jun sat in the chair by his father’s bed and watched him sleep and thought about how his world had been upended in the space of a few days. After the Asha’man, Neran Banin, had left, Jun had climbed out of bed and found his father in a room close to his. His father had woken briefly a few hours ago, weak and hungry, and the quickly fallen asleep after eating a few spoonfuls of watery soup. Common effects from receiving Healing, or so Jun had been told. He still didn’t understand what exactly that meant.

Before, Jun had entirely expected to spend the rest of his days among the Tuatha’an. Now everything had changed, irrevocably, and for the first time in his life, Jun had no idea what the future held. It was strange and frightening. He already missed the cozy warmth of his father’s wagon, the smoke from the crackling campfires, the laughter and joy of children running outside. And perhaps the strangest thing to make him homesick was the lack of music.

The Tuatha’an often sang and danced as they went about their work. At any given hour of the day, there was invariably at least one person - more often several people - singing or practicing an instrument, sending lively melodies throughout the camp. There were few moments of silence; if someone was awake, there was usually music.

But here, people were too busy for such leisure. There was no music, only noise, as the Healers and their assistants bustled throughout the infirmary. And so the lack nagged at the edges of Jun’s mind like an itch he could not scratch, and he hummed tunelessly in his throat as he sat and watched his father.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Waking [Attn: Bella]

Post by Bella » January 16th, 2019, 9:11 pm

Coming as a shock to literally no one, Gareth was working in the infirmary that day. Sometimes it felt like he was just a character on a page, with a writer who didn't come up with enough reasons to get him to a different location...

The large Yellow was going through his rounds today, checking on each of the patients that were in the infirmary for more than a short period of time that took care of an acute case. Thankfully, there were not many right now, although three cases of a certain fever had him worried that they were about to enter another fever phase. Never one of his favorite times, but unavoidable in this sort of place.

With a young Dedicated on his heels, a Yellow-in-Training, Gareth came up to his next patient. He hadn't been there when this one had been brought in so he didn't know the whole story. He walked up to the young man sitting in the chair with the worried expression. "Hello," he began, his voice roughly like mountains sliding against each other as it rolled down from his notable height and blacksmith's breadth.

"I am Gareth Asha'man. I am a Yellow here, and I've come to check on you and your father," he said kindly.

Owen
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Owen » January 18th, 2019, 3:17 pm

The Asha’man was the largest man Jun had ever seen in his life! He jumped to his feet and bowed quickly.

“Hello,” he said, shyly. “Um, well, I’m Jun Valdera. Pleased to meet you! Honestly, I feel fine. I’m not hurt or anything like that. It’s my father I’m worried about.”

Then he peered curiously at the other man who had followed the Asha’man into the room and wondered aloud, “Are you a channeler too?”

Bella

Post by Bella » January 26th, 2019, 7:40 pm

Elrid--the young man walking behind Gareth--smiled politely and nodded. "I am a Dedicated. I'm training to be a Yellow, and Gareth Asha'man is my mentor."

Gareth pulled up a chair beside the patient's bedside and took a seat. There was a faint creak when he did so, but he knew that it would hold firm. They always did. He looked back to Jun. "Can you tell me how he's been doing while you've been here? Any changes in his condition that you've witnessed?"

He knew that he could just Delve and find out everything, and he would, but eyewitness information was also vital, as was involving this young man in his father's care.

Owen
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Owen » January 27th, 2019, 9:00 am

Jun could have sworn that the chair would collapse under the Asha’man; but it didn’t, and he almost wondered if the Power had anything to do with it. He sat back down and told Gareth what he had seen.

“He woke up a few hours ago. And he ate about half of the soup.” Jun gestured to the bowl by the bedside. “He recognized me, which is good, I think. Then he fell back asleep.”

Then he snuck another glance at the Dedicated and wondered if that was his future. Timidly, he asked, “Um, and… s-so being a Yellow… is that like being a Healer here? An Asha’man came to talk with me earlier and he said something about the different Ajahs and enrolling as a soldier. I agreed and signed the book, but I-I’m still a little overwhelmed. Right now, I just want my father to get better, b-but there’s so much to think about. How long, d’you think, until he wakes up again?”

Bella

Post by Bella » January 30th, 2019, 11:28 pm

"Those are good signs," Gareth said reassuring, his thin lips curved in a crooked but compassionate smile. "I am going to use the One Power to Delve him and ascertain his condition."

Meanwhile, the Dedicated split his attention between what the Asha'man was doing and the young man nervously beside his father's bedside, and he smiled with the same kind way. "Yes, the Yellow Ajah are the ones who focus their time and their skills on healing people and taking care of them. Their minds and their bodies, with the One Power or non-channeling ways.

"So, you are to be a Soldier?" he asked, catching up with the rest of what the young man had said. "It can be very overwhelming, but you'll be alright. And your father will receive the best care here. Gareth Asha'man is among the most skilled healers in the Grey Tower."

Owen
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Owen » February 9th, 2019, 3:02 am

Jun felt a little anxious when he realized that Gareth would be using the Power. He nodded and returned a shy smile.

“Okay,” he said. When the Dedicated said that he would be alright, Jun’s smile widened into a broad grin. He was definitely nervous about becoming a soldier, but also excited. “I certainly hope so!” he exclaimed.

Then he leaned forward, wondering if he would be able to sense anything of what the Yellow was doing. It had been called… Delving? Jun watched for a few moments, but when nothing seemed to happen, he glanced at the Dedicated.

The Dedicated seemed to be staring at the air over his father, looking at something that Jun could not see. Jun straightened and scratched the back of his head, and then turned to look at Gareth. He wanted ask what was happening, but he didn’t want to interfere with the healer’s concentration, and so he chewed at his lower lip and fidgeted silently as he waited.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 13th, 2019, 4:59 pm

The Dedicated observed Gareth for a time, but then noticed how nervous and fidgety the young man was. Since the large Yellow was busy at work, he decided to try to more deeply take his apprentice role and help ease the man's mind. Elrid offered another kind smile. "He is Delving your father. It's a weave that is used to look inside someone's body and find out what is wrong.

"It's one of the most common weaves that Yellows use, because it's hard to fix something without knowing everything that is wrong."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik