In need of a friend. [Attn: Angelique] [Closed]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Felix
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Felix Kal'Sarak - Dedicated
SC: Artur Baeyn - Drin'far'ji

In need of a friend. [Attn: Angelique] [Closed]

Post by Felix » April 12th, 2016, 9:56 pm

Felix Kal'Sarak
Spring showers fell across Lake Somal as a young tall man trotted past the water on a large brown horse. The tall man slowed when he approached the gates to a great city and dismounted along with the four other riders that accompanied him. A tall man in a black coat with an axe on his back and an ageless face walked next to a short women with a grace to her movements that match the grace of a breeze caressing a face. They are followed by two young men wearing clothes seen in many villages around the world wool tunics and wool pants with their hair in a top knot to mark them for Sheinarian to the world.

The walls stretched higher then the closest trees with towers around the border not unlike what the young men were used too coming from the borderlands nation Sheinar. Guards allow the man and women to pass upon seeing their faces, the ageless face of Aes Sedai and Asha'man.

The Asha'man called back to the young man as the man stood and admired the great city walls. “Don't fall behind Felix, you do not want to get lost in Hama Valon, it is larger then anything you have seen before and I will not stand for having to hunt you down in this city.”

With a shock Felix replies “Yes sir, sorry sir. Don't want to get left behind.” as he fumbled past the guards to their snickers at his idiocy.

Walking at a fast pace the Aes Sedai calls over her shoulder at the three young men. “ Now take a nice hard look at this city, its the last you will see of it for a while, you wont be allowed to venture alone until you reach the second rank in the tower so take it all in.”

The party walked on through crowded streets, past hawkers hawking their wares to the passerby and guards walking with halberds and full armor patrolling. The group receives a wide berth as they pass other residents of the city, it is as if a river is parted for the group to pass. They soon arrived at a giant Grey Tower to rival the great White Tower in Tar Valon. The group walks through the giant doors at the bottom of the tower and the Aes Sedai turns around spreads her arms in a welcoming manner “Welcome to the Grey Tower!”

With a gesture to the two Sheinarians the Asha'man calls out “follow me boys and I will show you too your quarters.” The Aes Sedai gestures to Felix and says “Come here boy I wont bite, I need you too sign the book of soldiers and novices.” gesturing to a giant book sitting in the middle of the room on a pedestal. Felix walks over and signs his name under the soldier category and got lost in thought as the Aes Sedai made him follow her to his new quarters and as she drones on about policy and superiors and such.

With a look of sadness on his gentle innocent face Felix Kal'Sarak followed and did as he was told. He can't shake the idea of how much he has lost. He would not see his family for many years and his home village for just as long, alone in a new frightening place with too many people all rushing to get to nowhere. How he wished that he could be home hunting for deer with his father or helping his mother with chores. Felix is showed to his room and told that dinner would be in four hours at sundown and is told that he should walk around and get used to the tower layout because tardiness to class would not be accepted. The Aes Sedai drifted off after explaining all this and leaves Felix to his own devices.

He walked out into the hall and started wandering, hoping to find a quiet place to think and find some solace in the hustle and bustle of so many people.
Last edited by Felix on June 1st, 2016, 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image To exist is to change; to change is to mature; to mature is to create oneself endlessly. -Henri Bergson- [Tracker Thread]

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"
PC: Athilin Mansarn

Re: In need of a friend. [Attn: Angelique]

Post by Nani » April 13th, 2016, 1:04 am

Angelique al'Chan
Her day had been busy, between working hard. She had a hard lesson in the morning, and lunch had to be cut short when a friend asked her for help with her classes. Her head had drooped during her afternoon classes, and worked hard to remember her weaves. She needed her concentration as she headed for a small study period in the Library with a study group, and then she grabbed a book on advanced healing for some reading, and in addition to her notes, she was headed for her rooms to keep studying on her own.

Angelique had finished her classes early that day and head been on her way towards her room for more studying when she saw a very lost young man. A tilt to her red haired head happened as she gazed at him, her books held tight against her chest. It wasn't that she was afraid, it was more that she didn't care to damage her notes since it was drizzling slightly, making her red hair frizz up just a little bit and seem to glow a bit. The Novice glanced up at the sky, and gave a small sigh.

She walked quickly towards him, and tapped him on the shoulder. "Hi, are you lost?" She asked with a welcoming smile on her face. "I'm Angelique al'Chan, but you can call me Angel." The 24 year old woman said with a warm expression her face as she watched the boy. "It's terribly rainy out here isn't it?"
Image Image

Felix
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Felix » April 13th, 2016, 1:57 am

Felix Kal'Sarak
Walking with his mind in the clouds Felix walked around the halls and and wandered for the better part of an hour. Mind drifting he managed to walk outside to the gardens and stood near a door in the rain, his new black uniform getting wet. With his mind on home he hardly noticed as he got more and more wet just staring off into space thinking of home and his ma and pa. Startled out of his daze a young women with bright red hair wearing a white dress carrying a stack of papers and books walked up to him and introduced her self.

Startled out of his stupor he replies tepidly "oh i'm not lost My Lady" still not accustomed to the rank system of the Grey Tower. "My name is Felix, Felix Kal'Sarak and it is very wet would you like to step inside, I would feel terrible if you got your papers wet because of me. I could carry your books and papers if you would like My Lady, it would be no trouble."

Taking a few steps out of the rain Felix turns towards the curious young women and says "I was just wandering, today is my first day here at the Tower and to be honest i'm a little home sick. I'm not used to living around so many people. How long have you been here?"
Image To exist is to change; to change is to mature; to mature is to create oneself endlessly. -Henri Bergson- [Tracker Thread]

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Nani » April 13th, 2016, 2:55 am

Angelique al'Chan
My lady? Oh my, I better not let Garren hear him call me that. she thought to herself with a small giggle. "Please, don't My Lady me. I'm the same rank you are. I'm merely a Novice." she said, as she followed him towards the buildings. Her smile never left her face as she regarded him. He must have been out in the rain for quite a while since he was so wet. His shoulder length hair was stringy, and his black uniform blacker then normal from all the water. In her mind, she felt curiosity from her bond, but didn't say a word. She would have to meet with Garren soon about 'training' so that she could actually spend time with him.

Her hand rose to her lips, and covered her giggle. "I think at this moment, handing you my notes and my books would get them more wet then if I continued to carry them." She smiled warmly at him, as she moved with him, entering the Tower at the Learning Ranks Atrium. There was a hallway directly to the Library, one side for the Male students quarters, another for the Female students, and then a pathway to the mess hall where everyone ate. "I've been here for nearly my whole life. I was rescued as a babe by an Aes Sedai and her husband Ahsa'man 24 years ago. Only briefly I left with my mother and brother when things went to Shayol Ghoul. We came back nearly a decade ago, and I've been learning here ever since." She replied as she gestured for him to follow her, to the mess hall where there would be a warm fire going for the dreary day. He'd be able to dry his clothes and she would be able to stay warm.

"I may have just the thing for a little homesickness. Have you ever had a hot chocolate before?" She asked, as she moved into the Mess Hall and towards one the fires there, and set her books down to check for water damage. Spreading her skirts out to the fire so that she would dry the dampness from them, she gestured to one of the seats vacant around the fire. "I'll be just a moment." She said as she moved towards the kitchens. A brief conversation happened with the cook, who glanced out at the tall man by the fire and then poured two large mugs of hot chocolate, setting them on a small tray for her to easily carry them back. "You spill that on your dress, and you're in trouble young lady." "Yes cook! Thank you!" She said with a smile at her, and carefully made her way back to the other Learning rank. "Here we are. Just the thing to help with the homesickness, and warm you up from being so wet!" She said with a cheery smile as she set the tray down near her books, on a small table between their chairs. "It's very hot, so please be careful." She cautioned, as she held her mug to warm her hands first.
Image Image

Felix
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Felix » April 13th, 2016, 4:04 pm

Felix Kal'Sarak
"Please, don't My Lady me. I'm the same rank you are. I'm merely a Novice." Angelique said as she followed him inside with a glance and a giggle at Felix she replied, "I think at this moment, handing you my notes and my books would get them more wet then if I continued to carry them."

Chuckling Felix nodded as he followed her into the learning rank atrium. He looked down the different paths, on one side he saw a few more young women wearing the white dress of the novice. The floors he noticed had different color carpets running down the halls in an effort to symbolize the different ajahs. With a glance down the other hall he noticed men wearing the same black that he himself wore. I must have come from that direction... I must really be out of it, the trip here must have took more out of me then I thought. He followed Angelique towards a large room with many tables, some with benches and many surrounded with chairs. The entire structure seemed cold except for by the fireplaces lining the walls. He took a seat when directed to by the red haired women, she asked "I may have just the thing for a little homesickness. Have you ever had a hot chocolate before?" Hot chocolate? I wonder what that is, these southlanders are very odd. Angel seems nice enough though she reminds me of Isabel. His mind drifted as he waited for Angel to return with hot chocolate, thoughts of days running through the fields passed through his thoughts. Running with his sister Isabel, a year older with fair hair and a bright smile. A person with only a thought to helping another in need. Angel returned minutes later with two rich smelling beverages of a dark brown color with steam rising from the rim.

"Here we are. Just the thing to help with the homesickness, and warm you up from being so wet!" She said with a cheery smile as she set the tray down near her books, on a small table between their chairs. "It's very hot, so please be careful." She cautioned, as she held her mug to warm her hands first. He reached for the mug and held it in his hands just basking in the scent and heat radiating off of the drink. He turned to Angel with a slight curve of his lips on his face, almost a smile. "I was just thinking that you remind me of my sister in a way, she was always nice to those in need." A few moments passed as he sipped the beverage then he continued "Thank you for the hot chocolate, its very good!"

They both sat in silence for a few minutes warming themselves by the fire while Felix's black uniform slowly dried getting lighter as the water dripped off, drip by drip.

"I hail from a village in Sheinar, we don't have three hundred people to our entire village! I don't understand how people can live with so many people around in a city. It is nice to be behind fortifications, in case we are attacked. Does that happen often, getting attacked? I've heard stories of Seachen on the journey south. They can't hold a torch to trollocs though." He finished with a shudder.

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Nani » April 13th, 2016, 11:58 pm

Angelique al'Chan
Angelique curled up in her chair, with her feet underneath her, and her skirt tucked around her legs. She slowly sipped at the hot drink in her hands, and smiled softly, licking her lips to keep them clean, and prevent dripping onto her Novice whites. Her green eyes showed surprised pleasure when he said that she reminded him of his sister. "I hope that memory doesn't make you sad. I know what it's like to suddenly be...alone." She said, saddness showing in her eyes for a moment, before they fell into companionable silence enjoying their hot chocolate. She was about to pull her notes over so that she could read a little bit while drinking when he spoke of where he was from.

She brought her cup down onto her lap and listened attentively. A small chuckle left her lips as she listened to his questions. "Well, there something to be said about knowing that if you go walking about you'll run into someone if something goes wrong." She said, about his point about not understanding so many people in one place. "We don't get attacked often, but we've been lucky. For the most part no one knows where we are. The Aes Sedai and Asha'men that go out and come back are very careful. It keeps us out of the eye sight of many. That's not to say that we haven't been attacked in the past, in fact my mother helped defend the Tower against Dark Friends, Seanchan, and a few others that would try to destroy us. I've personally fought against Trollocs, and Dark friends. It was terrifying, and besides, I'd rather stay back and make sure to heal as many people as I can." She continued before she sipped of her drink again.

"But I love it here. It's my home, with many brothers and sisters. We'll all fight like cats and dogs, but if someone tries to target one of us, we rise up and protect them." Angelique spoke with confidence, as she smiled wide at him. "Is there something about the Tower you'd like to know about? I could tell you what you'd like to know, or direct you to someone else who would know better then me."
Image Image

Felix
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Felix » April 14th, 2016, 1:09 am

Felix Kal'Sarak
Felix leaned towards the fireplace enjoying the warmth and drying affect on him body. Upon mentioning of his sister again a shadow passed over his face as he hunched over more towards the fire. He listened intently to the replies to his questions and sipped his hot chocolate. His eyebrows rose in surprise when she mentioned that that the tower had been attacked before. His mouth almost fell open when she spoke of fighting trollocs and darkfriends. At that moment he was grateful for his longer hair that hung in front of his face to block his wool headed gape. He did not want to offend the Novice by his shock that a women had taken on shadow spawn.Back home we never let the Shadow reach the women folk, it is good to see that they can defend themselves here. The training here must be good.

When she mentioned that she viewed the other residents like brothers and sisters Felix sat back and relaxed in the cozy chair, finally starting to feel at home in front of the fire. Having more people to raise a defense in each others name sounded just like home. With a shy glance at Angel Felix said, "we have a saying in my village Defend your neighbor for they may be the one to save your life one day. I would say it is appropriate here too." He finished with a light chuckle." He sipped his hot chocolate a little more as he thought of any questions to ask the helpful novice.

After a few more minutes of silence he asked, "are you aspiring to the Yellow Ajah? To heal instead of fight. Personally I prefer the Green, I've put a little thought into it since I found out I can channel. I might as well turn this curse into something useful. I plan to fight the blight and defend the borderlanders as best as I can with this power!" He finished by slamming a closed fist down on the arm of his chair.

Mere moments passed but they felt like an eternity before he continued. Do you have anytips on how not to get lost in this maze of a building?" He asked with a grin and a bantering tone.

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Nani » April 15th, 2016, 3:55 am

Angelique al'Chan
"You have to understand, when I say that I fought them, I mostly just healed the fighters so that they could fight them properly. It's a talent that I've had." She said with a smile, her mind trying to forget that very dark time. The novice heard his saying and nodded in agreement. "Yes, it is a great saying! And it's very true here. We all watch out for each other, even though sometimes our Whites and Greens will argue over trivial things, and Browns get lost for days within the Library. We're just one big family." She gave a small sigh of happiness as she finished her hot chocolate, setting it down off to the side, and resting her hands in her lap.

"Yes, I am planning on aspiring Yellow." she said, before her smile fell, and her body reacted to his slammed fist on the arm of his chair. "The Green is a good Ajah. My mother was a Green Sedai, and she was very skilled with battle weaves as well as her sword. But....being able to channel isn't a curse, not since The Dragon Reborn cleansed the male side. It's a gift, one you should use to benefit not only those around you, but for the safety of the Tower and the world." she reproached, before they fell into silence for a bit.

"Hmm....tips on not getting lost in the Tower....OH! I have just the thing!" She said with a smile, before she pulled a spare sheet of paper from her pile, and then grabbed her quill and ink. Carefully laying the paper on the hard surface of one of her personal books, she started to sketch out the layout of the Learning ranks area. "This is mostly just our area. I don't know the rank above us areas very well, but this should do you for now. Once you get used to being here, you won't need this anymore." She said as she lightly blew on the ink to dry it while she signed her name at the bottom of the paper, before she wrote his name at the top. "Please don't lose this."

Angelique held this paper out to him with a smile. "Tell me more about where you come from. I would love to hear about the Borderlands! I've never had the opportunity to travel there yet!"
Image Image

Felix
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Felix » April 15th, 2016, 5:03 am

Felix Kal'Sarak
Felix watched intently as Angel drew the map of the areas the learning ranks frequented. He thought, This will be so helpful! I think I have made a friend in this cold place. It wont be as bad as I thought.

Felix slide further down in the soft wool seated chair trying to get as comfortable as possible. The fire was making Felix drowsy because his clothes had finally dried and the sweet hot chocolate's rich aroma filled the air. When he was comfortable he spoke again to Angel. "I apologize Angel for spooking you, I get a little carried away when I speak of the blight and the dark one. I hope my words did not hit a nerve, also I was healed from a bad burn once by an Aes Sedai, I know the value of healers. They are needed as much as swordsman and archers."

He took a breath before he continued, "Thank you for this map it will most likely save me from punishment for being late. I have a knack for oversleeping and being late." He finished with a grin. He sat in silence as he thought of her question of his home.

He contemplated the question and decided it would be best to describe it all. "I hail from a small village but unlike you Southerners towns we have walls as high as our tallest building. For smaller villages and towns these are wooden but for the larger towns and cities they are stone. We also have out posts along the blight, multiple layers of watch towers. Speaking of the blight when you are close enough to it the smell with curdle you stomach but go a few leagues south and you hardly notice anything is amiss. Thats the power of the blight it takes the land and just eats it away causing natures beauty to fight back against man. The trees pick you right up off a horse and slay you before you even know whats happening, and the water will kill you just like the worst poisons out there. My ancestors home is deep in the blight. They used to hold it back so that others were safe, so that where my home is now Sheinar, was not part of the border. Traitors and Dark friends betrayed he great nation of Malkier and drowned it in the blight. My heritage dictates that I fight back against this force and against the foul creatures it spawns. "

Felix stopped to finish his hot chocolate, he licked his lips, he savored the taste. He took a few breaths before he continued his description. "We fight the dark one always in Shienar, it is common for raiding parties of trollocs and half-men to attack our villages and towns . It is not unheard of for towns to just be empty when you go to visit the neighboring town, taken by trollocs to eat. It is our duty to defend the world from the blight though so we accept and love our home." He paused again to make sure he was not bothering his friend before continuing. "There is beauty in the border, we have green all over the south with trees and flowers all over. The south is much more peaceful, it is the north to fear if you are ever there."

" Enough horror stories from me." Felix said with a chuckle before continuing. "How was it growing up in a city and around so many fantastical people? Asha'man and Aes Sedai are respected in my homeland but we do not see many of them. You lived among them all of you life."
Last edited by Felix on April 16th, 2016, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Nani » April 16th, 2016, 3:52 pm

Angelique al'Chan
Angelique smiled understandingly and nodded. "It's okay, I just wasn't expecting such a reaction, but it does make sense for someone from the Borderlands." She said with a small laugh, as she enjoyed the warmth from the fire. "As for being late...well unless you possess a talent for sleeping through very loud bells, you won't be late because you overslept. The bells here to tell the major times are very loud, so it's hard to sleep through them." She grinned back at him, before her eyes went wide, picturing all that he told her. It sounded so wonderfully dangerous that she as very tempted to travel there when she was an Aes Sedai just to see it. AND he was from the famed Malkier?!? She was in awe of him, and it would only show in her eyes.

"Oh that sounds so wonderfully dangerous." She said, with a smile. "I would love to travel there at least once, to help where I can, and collect some samples to see if there's a cure for the Blight." Her hand moved up and a slender finger tapped her chin. It was then that she realized what she said about Shienar being wonderfully dangerous may not make too much sense coming from her. "I may be a Yellow at heart, but I was raised by a Green and Blue pair. Danger, and adventure are well ingrained in my bones."

Her voice was melodious in a laugh as she looked to the fire for a moment to collect her thoughts. "Oh it was rather...interesting. Once my mother and father had Mathais, my brother, I had a constant companion besides my mother's Warder Garren Gaidan, the Wolfkin of the Yards. I was about to roam Hama Valon for the most part as long as I was with him or one of my parent's. We would take trips once a week into the city and I'd get to make friends down there. I was really good friends with the Baker, and always got one of his mini cakes as a treat." She paused with a smile into the fire at the memory.

"But I've lived here my whole life, and it's all I've known. So I can't say that the Aes Sedai and Asha'men are fantastical. But I can understand why you would see them as such. They are great people, don't get me wrong, but having been surrounded by them all my life, the glamour doesn't quite exist for me." A few of the other students started to filter into the room, heading for a cup of hot chocolate like they had, and then went to tables to study and wait for dinner. A couple of the Novices waved to Angelique, and she waved back. "We may be joined later by others, if that is okay?"
Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik