With Wind and Rain [Attn: Tia Tomosan Sedai]

When channelers need to channel and don't want to risk breaking the Tower into a million pieces, this is where they go.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

With Wind and Rain [Attn: Tia Tomosan Sedai]

Post by Bella » June 9th, 2017, 5:46 pm

As a light wind blew past her face, Andraste stood upon the butte that she had stood upon once before with this very Aes Sedai. This time, however, things were quite different. There were no other channelers with them, and the Accepted was able to feel Saidar flowing through her... She knew she couldn't hold the One Power all the time, but she wanted to.

"I appreciate this, Tia Sedai," Andra said with a sidelong smile at the other woman. She felt nearly as light as the clouds floating idly overhead.

It was a beautiful summer day and Andraste almost didn't want to learn anything. She remembered a day just like this when she had been traveling with Bel and Chandra through Andor, passing over a hill that wasn't too unlike this. They had been planning to sell some of their wares in a nearby town, but took the day off. They had lunch on the hill, and...other things, obscured from all.

However, she was not here to reminiscence. She could not live in the past, because she had a future in mind for herself and she needed to walk on the path that led to it. She had a lot of catching up to do, so much time having been wasted after her journey through the Arches.

"I remember much of what you told me when we were here last," she went on, folding her hands before her and turning away from the view to fully face the Green. "I would, however, appreciate a refresher? I was a little...struggling to focus properly the last time we spoke about all this." She smiled wryly.

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: With Wind and Rain [Attn: Tia Tomosan Sedai]

Post by Roan » June 9th, 2017, 9:23 pm

Tia Sedai
Tia cast a sidelong look at the Accepted who traveled to her favorite butte with her on the warm, summer day. She didn’t reply right away as she took in a deep breath and looked at the valley before them. She could feel a tingle along her arms as the other woman had embraced the source, and couldn’t help offering a warm smile, “Please, Andraste. . .out here, there is no need for titles. Tia will suffice.” The Accepted wasn’t much younger than Tia, and the young Aes Sedai struggled with the pomp and circumstance that came with the Shawl.

At the Tower, she’d follow convention to some degree, but out here? There was no need for such formality, nor did she want such formality between her and the woman who was once again her pupil. She turned to face Andra and the warm smile widened, “I’m more than happy to offer a refresher. I can’t fully understand what you went through with your block, but I am glad you’ve managed to overcome it.

“I’ve made sure you and I have the entire day available to us to make the most of our time, but any time you might wish to come back to practice, do not hesitate to find me. I’m happy to come here for a couple of hours, especially to help someone like you master Cloud Dancing,” Tia replied. “Before we dive into your refresher, perhaps you can tell me what you do remember from your last trip to the butte?”

Bella

Post by Bella » June 11th, 2017, 1:26 am

I remember being frustrated, and embarrassed, and adrift... Andra kept these thoughts to herself, of course, but when the Green asked what she remembered, well...that was the first thing that came to mind. The wind tossed a few dark curls around either side of her face and she brushed them back behind her ears while she thought beyond her first reaction.

"I remember you cautioning us about adjusting weather patterns, about how one thing here could change things further from us and even cause catastrophe," Andra said thoughtfully. "I remember the basics, I would say. I had a little experience as a Novice channeling Air and Water into a touch of weather."

Being kidnapped by bandits while on an illicit field trip wasn't exactly the happiest of memories either, any more than her last trip to this butte with Tia, but she wasn't going to say that either.

"I know primarily from my work as a Novice that I have strength in Water, and handle Air better than Fire or Earth. I have been informed that this makes me rather typical for a female channeler," she went on with a lighthearted laugh. "I hardly aim to be typical, but I suppose it's not a bad thing either."

Roan

Post by Roan » June 11th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Tia Sedai
When was the last time Tia’d seen Andraste smile, much less laugh? The Aes Sedai found the Accepted’s good mood was somewhat infectious, as she returned the laugh in kind, “I never aim to be typical, but sometimes it does work in our favor.” She took a step away from her student and moved towards the northern edge of the butte.

The summer breeze was warm as it flowed over the butte and whispered through the needles of the evergreen trees. It had been seemingly ages since Tia’d come to the butte, and part of her wondered why she hadn’t been back sooner? Her thoughts went to Jaryd, and as they did, she felt her chest tighten. It had been some time since that night when she learned. . .

Now was not the time to pine. The Aes Sedai chided herself for not being more Aes Sedai like and turned back to Andraste, offering the Accepted a warm, if not small smile, “Your affinities will certainly work in your favor with Cloud Dancing, as I’m sure you recall.

“You mentioned you channeled Air and Water into a touch of weather. . .why don’t we start there and you can show me? From there, we’ll see if you can form a cloud, then rain and snow. After that, we can talk about what a person can do with wind, and of course. . .lightning,” Tia added.

Moving away from the butte edge, she guided Andra towards the center of the butte, “I’ll show you the weaves as we go along, but I want to get a sense for what you can do now. . .what you’ve already had experience doing before we go into those other weaves. . .if that works for you?”

Bella

Post by Bella » June 11th, 2017, 10:55 pm

Andra tossed her long, dark braid over her shoulder as she walked with Tia back to the center. She turned back to see the horizon surrounding them and thought back through what Tia had told her their last time here, as well as the occasion with the bandits and what she had done in desperation for trying to save her life and the others.

With Saidar already flowing through her, she formed the first weaves that she could remember in her mind. Although Air was not her best weave, it was close enough and it was simple. She started there.

She formed thick cords of the invisible substance, bulking up the light summer breeze that was already surrounding them. Starting slow, she let it gently flow around and between them, and even a weave this simple could fill her with elation. She had almost grieved the loss of the One Power while she as blocked, and still rejoiced in its return.

After a moment, she sped the wind up a little before she let it fall away. Then she took the Air up again, but wove it finer and intermingled with Water until a light mist floated to either side of them. This one, she recalled from the ill-fated picnic. After letting that linger for a few moments, she let that drop away as well.

"That is as much as I'm comfortable doing without better instruction," she said, looking back at Tia.

Roan

Post by Roan » June 12th, 2017, 12:00 am

Tia Sedai
The Aes Sedai watched while Andraste built up the summer breeze into a stronger wind, and stronger too as gusts whipped around them for a moment before falling away once more. Not long after, a light fog surrounded them, and Tia nodded as Andraste dropped the second weave, “Good. Working with Air, and knowing how to manipulate it can be extremely useful. I’ll show you how to create a vortex. . .if they are big enough, they can be quite devastating. We’ll just work with small ones today, though.

“If you remember last time, a fog or mist was one of the first things we started with, and it seems you’ve got that one down. Let’s start with the vortex, and then I’ll show you how you can make rain. . .it’s not too different from creating mist,” Tia explained.

She’d already embraced the One Power, ready to step in if Andraste found herself in trouble. Given the woman was an Accepted, the Aes Sedai wasn’t as concerned if Andraste had been a Novice. Still, it didn’t hurt to be cautions.

Bringing together threads of Air, Tia showed Andraste how she coiled each thread around the other, going in the same direction. She then lowered the weave so that the threads of air could pick up a bit of dust to make the small vortex more visible. “With these, it’s all in how you pull the threads of air together,” she explained as she dropped the weave and did it again, exaggerating her movements as she did any time she was teaching someone a weave.

“Now, why don’t you give it a try?” Tia finished as she let the threads of air fall away and the vortex spun out of existence.

Bella

Post by Bella » June 12th, 2017, 12:14 am

With her gaze enhanced by holding the One Power, Andra keenly watched what the Green was doing. Her dark eyes flashed with both excitement and interest, ready to learn something. She had always loved learning news things, and even in her darker moments in the Tower, she'd had to acknowledge it was a good place to learn things.

After the demonstration, Andra pulled the threads of Air back together and worked to replicate what the Aes Sedai had done. The threads of Air weren't difficult, but forming them into the spin, and keeping it up, proved a touch trickier.

She concentrated, however, and moved her hands in the minute but demonstrative gestures she had watched from Tia. After a few moments, a little baby vortex began to spin and rose up. It picked up little bits of dirt and broken grass blades as it spun up and around. She focused to make sure that it didn't get any bigger and just existed as an excited little funnel around her feet for a few moments.

It almost made her giggle, thinking of a "baby" vortex as she let it dance at her feet for several moments before releasing the wispy threads of Air back into the atmosphere around them, looking to Tia to see how she had done.

Roan

Post by Roan » June 13th, 2017, 2:56 am

Tia Sedai
Tia watched as Andraste pulled the threads of Air together. The Aes Sedai knew the most challenging part of creating the vortex was getting the threads of Air to spiral. For Tia, creating a vortex had been one of her more challenging weaves when she started to explore her talent for Cloud Dancing. As she watched, the Accepted seemed to struggle initially, but before too long, she managed it.

Tia found herself watching Andraste as much as the weave, and could almost sense the joy coming from her at creating the weave. She rewarded the Accepted with a wide grin, “Nicely done! You can practice this weave in the Channeling Yards, and as you get more comfortable with it, make it larger. Now, let’s see about taking that mist you created and give it a little more substance so that you get rain.”

Still holding the One Power, Tia started once again with Air, but then pulled in threads of Water, making a ‘net,’ of a sort. It didn’t take long for a cloud to form in front of them. She added more water to her net, and then fine threads of Earth. . .or as fine as she could make them given Earth wasn’t her strongest affinity. The cloud took on more substance and before long, droplets of rain fell from the small cloud.

Dropping the weave, Tia started once again and explained, “The thread of Earth gives the water something to form around. . .it helps give substance. Give this a try, and then we’ll see about adding a bit more water and a touch more air to see if we can turn that rain to snow.”

Bella

Post by Bella » June 15th, 2017, 1:57 am

The threads of Earth were a surprise to Andraste, as she watched Tia's weaving very carefully. She barely blinked, not wanting to miss anything and trying to take it all in. What the Aes Sedai made sense, although the Earth remained a surprise. It was not her best element either. In fact, it was close to her worst, if not the worst, but she could manage this much, she was sure.

She had already created the mist and fog once, so it was not too difficult to do so again. Pulling together her Air and Water, she wove the threads together and formed it once again. This time, however, she pushed a little heavier on the Water. It seemed like she went too far and pulled it back, some innately sensing the "weight" of the forming cloud.

Once the balance felt right to her, she wrestled the filaments of Earth into the cloud alongside the rest. The Water worked itself around the Earth and a new balance was found.

Her "baby" cloud floating about waist-high in front of her began to drop rain and she hopped back when the drops started splattering her shoes and the hem of her dress. But she laughed. "Have to watch out for that," she said, pleased with herself that her cloud didn't disappear with her momentary distraction.

Roan

Post by Roan » June 15th, 2017, 5:12 pm

Tia Sedai
Tia held on to the One Power as she watched Andraste work the weave. With Saidar coursing through her, the Aes Sedai’s senses were heightened, and she could see the threads come together. She watched as the cloud ‘bulked’ up a bit and nodded as it started to drop rain. Hearing the Kandori’s laughter brought a warm smile to Tia’s lips, “Being mindful of your cloud placement is important if you wish to avoid getting wet.

“You did very well, though. I know Earth seems unusual in the thread, and I fully admit I struggled with it when I was first learning as I am not adept with Earth, but I find it key to going from a cloud to rain,” Tia explained. “I think the next step shouldn’t be too hard, as what we want to do is go from rain to freezing rain and snow. I say it won’t be too hard because you simply want to cool the water or lower the temperature,” she continued.

As she was speaking, Tia formed the weave to create a cloud and carried on to make rain, “You can already do this much. From here, you will add more threads of Water. Notice I’m making mine as thin as I can and lacing them with the other threads. The more you add, the colder your rain will get until. . .it snows.” Just as she said the word, water droplets transitioned into white pellets before turning into snow flakes. She looked to Andraste with an encouraging smile, “Think you can give it a go?”

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik