Wild Things on the Prowl (Tia and Andra)

When channelers need to channel and don't want to risk breaking the Tower into a million pieces, this is where they go.
Matty
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Murdock Mather, Keeper of the Archives
SC: Nathaniel Carridus, Asha'man (Blue)
TC: Maever Donovan, Asha'man (Yellow)

Wild Things on the Prowl (Tia and Andra)

Post by Matty » April 8th, 2017, 10:05 am

Nathaniel "Brawn" Carridus Sunny? Yes.
Clouds? Some.
Temperature? Warm.
Rain? Maybe in the early evening.

Nate was up early in the morning, unnecessary but something he did anyway. It was a way of proving he was fit for purpose, that he could handle a full workload again. Attending lessons, performing chores, pulling pranks, the usual business of a Dedicated, right? Even if he didn't have lessons until after breakfast, there was no reason to lie in bed and wait for the day to come to him. No, Nate was out for a run when the sun was barely rising, probably to the dismay of the Asha'man set to keep a watch on him that day. Maybe they would leave him alone so they could return to their own beds...

After the run was a wash, then breakfast. Today's lesson was the first he was taking with women, and the Dedicated was a little bemused by it. Whoever had set it up, must have thought that he would respond better to a teacher he knew as a trainee or something, because that was what had happened here. It was either that, or the Green Aes Sedai had taken pity on the crazy Dedicated and was reaching out to him. Maybe my level of destruction is just what the Green Ajah want, Nate thought to himself as he ate a breakfast that was mostly meat with bread as an afterthought, Or some deep-rooted need for vengeance that they want me to tap into. The idea would have amused older Nate. New Nate just grunted.

But he was all smiles as he made his way to the channelling yards. He'd taken great pains to dress appropriately, his Dedicated uniform cleaned and straightened out, but it never lasted. By the time Nate arrived the sword pin was a tad crooked, he'd unbuttoned his coat, and his collar was askew. Nate was a little early, as was his way, and he folded his thick arms as he waited for his teacher and whoever else, to arrive. Of course his Asha'man was still there, keeping a watch, though in a plot twist the Yellow actually stood with him momentarily rather than lurking in the background. Grieck was a good man, all the Yellows were, and his voice was like soft fingers caressing velvet.

"If you need anything, just raise your hand and I will intercept," he murmured, on his tiptoes to reach Nate's ear. "It will be a small lesson, and I hope it goes well for you."

Nate just gave Grieck a nod of his head to show he'd listened, and then he pulled his long hair back into a ponytail. It ought to have made him look a little more tidy, but a few stray hairs were missed in the attempt - thick fingers, unused to the motion of tying his hair back, were not catching everything. Grieck retreated to the middle distance, waiting and watching without being in earshot.
------ Murdock -------------- Nathaniel --------------- Maever -------

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: Wild Things on the Prowl (Tia and Andra)

Post by Roan » April 9th, 2017, 3:33 pm

Tia Tomosan
Thoughts of the previous afternoon’s meeting between Jaryd (in his capacity of Master of Soldiers) and Velanya Sedai bounced around Tia’s mind as she made her way to the Channeling Yards. She and Malwaen Asha’Man would be working together to teach a Dedicated and an Accepted about Cloud Dancing. The Accepted was known to Tia, for it was because of her and Mia that Andraste came to the Tower as a Novice.

’Accepted Andraste has a block. It is perplexing, as she managed fine as a Novice, and it has only manifested since she was raised to Accepted.’

Velanya’s news came as a bit of a shock to Tia, and she wasn’t certain why she’d been asked to help since she had no experience dealing with blocks. The Mistress of Novices just asked Tia do her best to work with Andraste, and then explain Cloud Dancing to both of them since she was so adept at it.

The Aes Sedai was looking forward to the day, though, as she and Malwaen agreed to take their little party to the remote butte Tia used to practice Cloud Dancing from when she’d been an Accepted. He’d been there many times himself, and loved the excursion from the Tower. He was bringing his Warder with him, a surly man by the name of Cohl (and Mal’s brother) who wielded a warhammer as if it were light as a feather.

“Aes Sedai,” a deep voice boomed behind her.

Looking over her shoulder, Tia offered a warm smile, “Cohl. Where is that brother of yours?”

“Getting food. He is hoping to be out most of the day. You know how he is about that butte,” Cohl replied.

To this, Tia grinned, “I do, and I am much the same way.” The pair stepped into the channeling yards, and Tia saw another familiar face. Memories of trying to link with him came to her, but with it came the thoughts of what she’d heard happened to him in Vaidulo. Her mother and father didn’t go into detail about what went wrong in the town, but she’d heard Nate went through some sort of extreme trauma. Just behind him was a Yellow who would be joining them.

Offering him a warm smile, Tia inclined her head, “Dedicated Carridus. It has been a long time. Your hair is quite a bit longer than I remember.”

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » April 10th, 2017, 12:29 am

Are they trying to torture me? Is that it? Andra thought as she walked through the Tower halls, on her way to the channeling yard. Even the name felt like someone had slapped her. They were trying various things to help her work through this...block of herself, but she was beginning to think it hopeless.

She had told Tia Sedai that she was interested in learning Cloud Dancing, but this certainly wasn't the way she had in mind. She had, well, imagined actually being able to do it.

The little Kandori woman knew that these thoughts were not helpful, but she couldn't seem to stop them. As she walked out and headed for the channeling area, she tried to stop the stream of negative thoughts. Maybe this would do it. Maybe they would be right. She had to try, after all, right?

When she arrived, she found the Aes Sedai already there, along with a few others. Andra wasn't sure about them but she gave a small curtsy to Tia and nodded politely to everyone else.

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Matty » April 10th, 2017, 8:05 pm

Nate went through the motions. He knew how to bow, and he knew where to put his hands, how to look, how to act around Aes Sedai, Asha'man and Warders. He gave Tia... er, Tia Sedai... the bow she had earned, and the burly Warder type behind her as well. Was she bonded to him? It was no business of his, but Nate was curious nonetheless.

"Tia Sedai!" he said warmly, the smile on his face genuine. "It's good to see you as well, congratulations on your becoming Aes Sedai. And of course, I had a few hours to spare so I figured I would let it grow out." He gave his hair a flip, and the Warder's expression turned more sour if such a thing was possible. Ah well. Nate just carried on smiling. "I look forward to learning from you today."

Shortly thereafter there was a rather pretty looking Accepted who made her way over, though she was obviously more shy than Nate from the way she hung back and curtsied without much to say. Well, this was going to be an intimate lesson and they were going to have to work together so there was really no point in being shy. "Hey," he turned to her and offered a hand to shake, "the name's Nate. Good to meet you!" He looked down at the woman with as much of a smile as he normally wore, and his voice was just as friendly for her as it was for Tia Sedai.

Asha'man Malwaen was also going to be attending, though Nate didn't know the man all that well apart from by name. Now he got to put a face to the name and of course, he gave the appropriate salute. The Asha'man gave a brief nod, handed a bag of something to the guy with the hammer, and it looked like that was their whole party present. "Shall we, Aes Sedai?" the man asked, with a small smile on his face. Nate expected them to start doing laps of the yards or seizing their respective powers, but instead a Gateway was made, the shiver along Nate's arms telling him it wasn't the Asha'man. Intrigued, Nate squinted at the Gateway as the Warder plodded on through, eyeing the somewhat overcast and windy landscape with intrigue.

"It feels different," he realised. "It's... the weather. It's not the same as it is here." Nate gave a small shrug (well, as small as his shoulders allowed) and then went on through when he was told, crunchy grass under his feet and a new chill to the air catching his attention even without the sudden shift in his senses. The weather report he was so used to having to hand was different, and it was a little jarring at first.

Was Asha'man Grieck coming along as well? He didn't have to if he had an Asha'man teacher, though Asha'man Malwaen wasn't a Yellow, so... it would remain to be seen whether one black-coated man or two would be attending their lesson. Nate stood ready regardless, hands behind his back, a determined look on his face as his hair whipped about in the wind... getting in his eyes and making this impression less serious than was intended.

Bella

Post by Bella » April 10th, 2017, 10:39 pm

Andra recognized the Dedicated after a moment. It had taken her a little extra time to work past the new hair and realize that she had, in deed, met him before. Thus it surprised her that he didn't recognize her, since she hadn't changed...much at all since they had been on a slightly disastrous trip away from the Tower.

Oh, you know, the bandits and the kidnapping and someone bringing down freezing rain on their heads...

She didn't have much of a chance to remind him of this, or even to introduce herself in return. A quick, "Yes, I know. I'm Andra?" And then suddenly there was a Gateway being opened. Given that the last time she had gone through a Gateway with him in attendance, it hadn't ended so happily, it made her a bit nervous...but the Aes Sedai and Asha'man were here.

It would be alright, yes?

The small Kandori woman took a deep, slow breath and then followed the others.

Roan

Post by Roan » April 13th, 2017, 6:51 pm

Tia Tomosan
Tia and the Yellow Asha’man were the last through the Gateway. Malwaen closed the Gateway, leaving the party of 5 standing on the deserted butte in the middle of the Mountains of Mist. They were at a higher elevation than the Tower or Hama Valon, meaning the air was a bit cooler. The mountain tops still had snow on them, but the butte was low enough that it was mostly snow-free. It was, though, muddy, and windy.

Nate still had an infectiously positive attitude, and Tia couldn’t help but flash a smile towards the Dedicated, “I’m going to tell you about some of the theory behind Cloud Dancing, but Asha’man Malwaen will be the one to show you what to do to form the weaves. I’ll be working with Accepted Andraste.” She looked to the dark-skinned woman, and offered the same warm smile she’d given Nate, “It is good to see you again, Accepted.”

Tia hesitated because she wasn’t entirely sure how she was going to proceed with Andraste. She also didn’t want to advertise the Accepted’s dilemma to Nate since it might be rather personal and private. Perhaps she could get the theory out of the way, and start with some of the basics, letting Malwaen work with Nate while tia pulled Andraste to another part of the butte where the two could talk. Not for the first time, Tia felt out of her depth.

“The weather here is a bit colder than what we’ve come from. If you start getting cold, let us know, and we’ll warm the air up for us a bit. I will admit the first part of our lesson could have been done in a classroom, but if you two are anything like I was when I was Accepted, I loathed classroom sessions for channeling lessons,” Tia explained with a smile. “I thought a change of scenery would do us all a bit of good. That, and out here, we don’t need to put up silencing wards when we start working with Lightning,” her smile broadened into a toothy grin.

The Aes Sedai looked up towards the sky and scanned the surrounding mountains and valleys as she began to talk, “You all noticed the weather here is significantly different to the weather at the Tower. It’s colder, and windier here. It was sunny and warm at the Tower, while it is partly cloudy and chilly here. Having said that, the weather in one location can impact another area.

“One of the first things I tell anyone who is interested in learning Cloud Dancing is you must always take care. If you want to move a rain storm so you stay dry, you may cause a drought for a farmer or village elsewhere. Or...you could cause flooding in an area that is already saturated. Weather patterns are something we must take great care when working with them. I do my best to not affect greater weather patterns, or do what I can to balance what I might do locally so it doesn’t have a huge impact elsewhere.

“Does that make sense?” Tia asked as she looked between the Dedicated and Accepted.

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Matty » April 14th, 2017, 11:33 am

There was a brief and somewhat awkward moment where the Accepted looked up at him, and the Dedicated felt like he had put his foot in it, or said something he wasn't supposed to. Nate liked to think he was pretty friendly and good around the fairer sex, so he was pretty clued up on when he had done something he shouldn't... in this case he had this awkward feeling that Andra had met him before.

How very odd. Nate mulled over this briefly as the Gateway was opened, I feel like I would remember her if I had met her before. But there was no time to really get a good look at this as they were heading through to the butte. The distracting view was impressive, and Nate felt rather glad that they were away from the Grey Tower even for a short amount of time. Where they stood, with no easy way to get there on foot, Nate felt excluded, isolated, and safe. There would be no interruptions from elsewhere, and if needs be there were fully ranked channellers who could get them out of there in the blink of an eye. I can defend myself, the Dedicated thought to himself, fleeting and hazy memories of attacking bandits coming to mind. His most memorable, er, memory was of getting struck by lightning of his own creation... he didn't remember much else.

The change to the weather settled in his mind as Tia began to tell them what they would be doing today. Cloud Dancing! Most excellent. Nate knew some of what Cloud Dancing entailed, and he was looking forward to learning more. Although he was not particularly impressive with Water or Air, there were some weaves which could be made using Fire, and Nate did quite enjoy making lightning and ice, so this ought to be easy. Something nice to get him back into the whole channelling side of things. So the Dedicated listened to Tia explain the wider implications of Cloud Dancing, nodding to show he understood. This was not news to him, though it did impress upon him the importance of moderating his weaves if he had to.

This seemed like a good place to practice though. Nate did pay attention to Tia, but she was right in her assertion that he was not a classroom person. Even now the Dedicated was looking around, listening to the weather. The wind, the cold, the surrounding patterns, Nate didn't know how it worked and he didn't know for sure when it began to manifest. It felt more like a part of him than anything else now.

"Does that make sense?" the Green asked, and Nate's hazel eyes snapped back to her, full attention given once more. "Fully understood Tia Sedai!" he said, nodding his head to show he understood. "Are there any settlements nearby that we need to be conscious of? From what I can tell it's pretty cloudy today and there's going to be light showers later on. I guess this will change when we start channelling."

Roan

Post by Roan » April 16th, 2017, 4:11 pm

Tia Tomosan
Tia offered a warm smile and shook her head slightly, “There are no villages near by. . .we’re deep within the Mountains of Mist, and I’ve chosen this spot because we won’t bother people with the ruckus we’ll cause when we try our hand at lightning. That. . .and the view is pretty spectacular.

“As for changing the weather, I’m hoping we don’t influence it too badly and keep it somewhat localized. Even though the nearest settlement is quite a distance from here, I want to do what we can to keep our actions as local as possible. We don’t know what repercussions creating a prolonged storm here might have down valley and downwind. With that in mind, let’s not hold on to the weaves longer than we must. Let’s start with fog and clouds shall we?” Tia suggested.

She looked to Malwaen, “If you could show the Dedicated how you do such things with Saidin, I’ll take the Accepted to the other end of the butte and work with her there?”

Malwaen nodded, then looked to his Warder brother, “Cohl, go with them.” The man nodded.

Tia rolled her eyes and laughed, “I appreciate the concern but we’ll be fine.”

“The Dedicated has me and his Yellow to look out for him. I would feel better if Cohl were looking out for you. I know you can take care of yourself, Tia Sedai, but I also know you are as stubborn as the Captain General. If something were to happen, I would rather not have to answer to her and that mother of yours,” Malwaen countered with his charming smile.

“Fine,” Tia replied with a soft laugh. She looked to Andraste and nodded to the southern end of the butte, “Come this way.” When they’d gotten a bit of distance between them and Nate, Tia looked to Andraste, “I hear you’ve encountered a bit of a setback, Andraste.” She embraced the Source and tilted her head, “Tell me. . .can you feel when others pull on the One Power?”
Spoiler: show
Matty, I can write for Malwaen a bit if you like. I figure they'd practice clouds and fog, then come back together and Nate can show his talent, and then they can move on to Rain and snow. Then Tia can show ice spikes and lightning. Bella, I'm not sure what you'd like to do with Andra on this, so I figured a chat initially, and just go from there?

Bella

Post by Bella » April 17th, 2017, 2:36 pm

Once they were through the Gateway and onto the butte, Andra could easily agree about the view. It was nice to be out of the Grey Tower's walls and get some open space. She had missed that most about her time in training at the place, although she imagined she'd at least have more opportunities now that she was Accepted...

...although she might be Accepted forever. What would happen to her if she was never able to channel again? Would she just stay this rank and in this place until she died? That was a sobering thought.

Tia Sedai was explaining precautions and the ramifications of Cloud Dancing, and asked if they understood. Andra nodded. For every action there was a reaction, and then small stones bumping into one another until they were many. Everything someone did affected things, like the buying of some strange trinket leading to the deaths of two people and her here.

When the Dedicated went off to learn on his own and the Green came to her, she felt anxiety blossom in her stomach. She knew this wasn't going to go well, but she had to keep trying things. That was what she had been told, at least. She had to just keep hacking at it until she figured it out.

"Yes, Aes Sedai," Andra replied with a solemn nod. "I can feel it. I can feel the One Power for myself, but I cannot... I cannot obtain it. It will not be embraced, nor matter how much I try to relax or focus or whatever. I've been told that others have had blocks, but that the path to breaking it is different for everyone. So...not much help there."

Roan

Post by Roan » April 17th, 2017, 3:49 pm

Tia Tomosan
Tia offered Andraste a warm smile, “Please. . .out here, we do not need to stand on formality. Feel free to call me Tia, Andraste.” She couldn’t quite imagine what the Accepted must be going through. . . to just learn how to channel, only to lose it after being raised? Frustrating seemed like a bit of an understatement, as it meant the woman’s training would have come to an abrupt halt until she overcame the block.

The Aes Sedai didn’t delude herself in thinking she’d be able to help Andraste break free of her block. How could she, really? Until today, she’d never worked with anyone who had a block. So how was she going to make use of her time with the Accepted? She didn’t want to add to the woman’s frustrations, but nor did she want the day to be a total waste for the woman.

“OK, so you can feel me drawing the One Power,” Tia said, as she continued to think of a course of action. She was here to teach Cloud Dancing, and even if Andraste couldn’t duplicate the weaves, perhaps she could get something from watching? Pulling together threads of air and water, Tia began to weave them together to form a small cloud right in front of them. “Can you see the threads I am pulling together, and how I’m weaving them around each other?”
Malwaen Asha'man
Meanwhile, on the other end of the butte, Malwaen looked to Nate and offered the Dedicated a small smile, “I’m sure you are likely tired of your Yellow following you around everywhere, but Gareth Asha’man would not allow you out here without him tagging along. I tried to talk him out of it, and even had his daughter try, but the man is about as stubborn as his wife, or so I am told.

“I think perhaps we are lucky it is not Gareth himself who accompanied us,” he added and broadened his smile. “Well and so. Here to learn Cloud Dancing, but before we begin, perhaps you can tell me what you do know? What have you discovered on your own?

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik