Breaking Bauklötze (for Tia)

When channelers need to channel and don't want to risk breaking the Tower into a million pieces, this is where they go.
Matty
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Murdock Mather, Keeper of the Archives
SC: Nathaniel Carridus, Asha'man (Blue)
TC: Maever Donovan, Asha'man (Yellow)

Re: Breaking Bauklötze (for Tia)

Post by Matty » September 15th, 2016, 10:05 pm

Oh dear, this wasn't really going to plan any more was it? Not because of Nate's silliness with channelling, he'd managed to salvage that and he thought he did a good job all in all. But it seemed his linked partner was not feeling quite the same. He stayed standing where he was, feeling her panic in the link and rather than marvelling at the new sensations, he had to concentrate on doing what she wanted - in this instance, removing the link.

Why did he feel so guilty? She was the one panicking, not him. But his generally good nature didn't let this get in the way of him trying to make her feel better. "Okay, I'll drop the link," he promised her, trying to sound reassuring. "Just give me a second and- there we are," the link was removed and the two of them were just Nate and Tia with their two halves of the power, looking across a room at one another. Her eyes were wide, but for a different reason to his, and as he stood there the Soldier supposed he didn't really like it when people scuttled away from him like he was diseased, or a monster. It wasn't a pleasant feeling. Who wanted to be handled like they were some sort of monster when they were just training?

Nate didn't say any of this though. He instead took stock of the silence in the room, laboured breaths and flickering flames and nothing more, nudging a chair out with his foot and taking a seat. He folded his arms loosely before him, looking Tia's way but not staring because, well, that was probably not helpful. "So, eh," the Mayener gave a slightly awkward chuckle because hey, there wasn't really an easy transition from panicky woman to... what came afterwards. "I dropped the link. Are you alright? I really am sorry about the flames, I got a bit carried away. You can, er, tell the Master of Soldiers if you want to." He would accept the punishment, though he wouldn't pretend to enjoy it or want it. He was no crazy Aiel coming up with ways to torture himself.

He didn't really know what else he could do or say to make Tia feel better, as it seemed he was the source of the problem. Nate got to his feet with a bow of his head, "I can try clearing up the scorch marks now. Thanks for taking the time out and linking with me." Not the first experience he wanted, truth be told, but he wasn't going to let that put him off. Spirit indestructible, he was going to link with someone less skittish in order to learn. After making sure Tia was alright of course.
------ Murdock -------------- Nathaniel --------------- Maever -------

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » September 19th, 2016, 6:20 pm

Somewhere in all of this, Tia’s hand went to her neck though she knew there’d be no collar. The link fell away, though she still felt on the verge of panic. Focusing on slowing her breathing down, Tia forced her hand to her side and released her hold of the Source. She lowered her eyes, finding herself feeling more than a little embarrassed for the lack of control she had on her emotions. She should have remembered what being linked to a male channeler would mean, which only added to her embarrassment.

"I dropped the link. Are you alright? I really am sorry about the flames, I got a bit carried away. You can, er, tell the Master of Soldiers if you want to,” Nate was the first to break the silence.

Tia folded her arms across her chest and reluctantly looked to him with worried eyes. Before she could answer, he suggested he could try and clean the scorch marks, and thanked her. She felt overwhelmed and confused, and struggled to actually speak. She took a tentative step towards Nate, and sat in a desk near him, “You’ve done nothing wrong, Nate. I have no intentions of reporting you to the Master of Soldiers.”

The Accepted looked apprehensive as she bit her lip, then shook her head, “I’m sorry for what happened.” Her hand went back to her neck and she furrowed her brows as she looked to the top of her desk, not quite able to look him in the eye, “I had a bad. . .experience during the Seanchan attack. Linking with you. . .I should have remembered that I become passive in the link. . .that you would be the one in control at all times. I forgot, and when I couldn’t back out on my own, it. . .it triggered a very bad memory.”

As she lowered her hand once again, she noticed it was still shaking. She was still shaking. “I don’t think I’ve done you justice as an instructor. I can recommend someone else be assigned to work with you, if you wish.”

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Murdock Mather, Keeper of the Archives
SC: Nathaniel Carridus, Asha'man (Blue)
TC: Maever Donovan, Asha'man (Yellow)

Post by Matty » September 22nd, 2016, 10:33 pm

For all that Nate was a joker and not one to take life too seriously whenever he could help it, he was not a fool. He knew enough from his studies that the Seanchan did terrible things with collars, and "a bad experience" with a Seanchan could only really mean one thing. Especially when you add in the neck holding, like Tia was determined to put a collar on herself with her hand. He tried to give her a smile but how were you supposed to look at someone when they got all serious about collars and linking?

It wasn't his fault, he had to remind himself. It wasn't as if he knew she'd been collared and was trying to make her uncomfortable on purpose. He was going to go and clean the scorch marks but at Tia's last suggestion, that she find him another instructor, he turned back to her and kneeled down before her. "Hey," he said gently, "look at it this way. We've both learned something today, haven't we? And if you wanted to work on linking some more, build up that trust working with a male channeller, then I can be that guy. I can be a trusty dominant role in the link and you can get used to it again, so hopefully you won't get any more bad triggers." The Soldier looked thoughtful, "I mean, another instructor would be nice, but I'm not offering this to you an instructor, but as a friend." He gave Tia a smile, gently patting her knee with a hand before he stood up again.

Sadly, he really did need to at least try and do something about these scorch marks. He made his way over to the wall and looked at it, arms folded, as if it was an intricate art puzzle he was trying to interpret. "We won't meet as a teacher and student, but as two friends," he told her, finding it was easier to smile at her now the awkward moment had passed and also because he wasn't quite so close to her. Nate seized Saidin and wielded some Water and Air in a vain attempt to start scrubbing at the scorched stone, but either his lack of ability or his unfamiliarity with cleaning anything meant that he only really smudged the soot around rather than doing anything constructive with it. At least if he was out here and cleaning away from Tia, it gave her the space to get her wits together and calm herself down. He had no personal experience of collaring of course but he heard it was most horrible, and the things he lacked in fact he made up for in imagination.

A few moments of cleaning later and all Nate had to show for it was a rather unattractive splodge of darkness on the stones in front of him, more blended together than elsewhere. He stepped back and shook his head at the mess. "Well, I tried," he said to Tia. "You wouldn't know how to remove scorch marks from stones? I think I'm better at putting them on, than taking them off. I can take the blame for it, it's fine." He wouldn't blame Tia for reporting him for that because there was no point in her being put in an awkward position for his own recklessness.
------ Murdock -------------- Nathaniel --------------- Maever -------

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » September 24th, 2016, 7:15 pm

For much of the morning, Nate came across as somewhat aloof, but that all suddenly seemed to change. When he knelt before her and offered to work with her, not as a student or instructor but as a friend, she felt a sense of warmth bubble with in her. She had some friends, to be sure, but not many. Zeen, and Fiona were the key ones that came to mind, though there were others she wasn’t as close to, or hadn’t spoken with in ages.

Before Tia could answer, he got up and turned his attention to the wall with the scorch marks. Whether it was intended or not, it gave Tia a chance to gather herself and get her wits about her. His offer was genuine, and it meant a great deal to her. She found herself watching the Soldier try and clean the scorch marks, and offered a small smile as she pushed herself from the desk and came to stand next to him.

Looking from the scorch marks to him, and back again. She embraced Saidar and pulled together weaves of air and water, with a touch of earth (for abrasiveness), and let her ‘sponge weave’ clear the wall of all evidence of the scorch marks, “That’s better.” She looked to him and her smile broadened a bit, “Apparently, scorch marks are something I can easily get rid of. Since there’s no evidence of them, there is nothing for you to take the blame of, Nate. Quit worrying.” She reached over and poked him gently on the arm.

The Accepted paused for a moment, then added, “And. . .I would like it if we could try working together again, as friends. I think perhaps working through my issues might be kind of important. I appreciate you offering. I’m sorry this has been such a fiasco.”

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik