The Other Side of the World; [Attn: Lirievin Tesiva]

Tel'aran'rhiod and Portal Worlds
Sean
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Valadin Manelle

The Other Side of the World; [Attn: Lirievin Tesiva]

Post by Sean » September 1st, 2015, 5:18 am

Valadin Manelle “Speaking his desire aloud would reveal the absurdity of it, and he yet preferred the dream.”
Drawing in the slow and heavy breaths that signaled sleep’s coming, Valadin’s mind oddly chose now to recall the World of Dreams. Lately he’d been so tired from his duties as Dedicated that sacrificing even an hour’s rest was something he was loathe to do.

I wonder if Liri will be there tonight…

The thought had come unbidden, but even as he closed his eyes to the nighttime silence of his room he could see the waifish Accepted, her smile welcoming, yet holding a defiant fire as well. They’d met only briefly and his reflections of her had been scarce with the whirlwind of events that surrounded him now. Still…he couldn’t deny there was a certain longing to see her that won out against his usual exhaustion.

His body slumbered instantly, but his mind rumbled with activity. No sooner had he left the physical world behind did the eerie glow of Tel’aran’rhiod fill his senses. Here he had no body and his thoughts were his limbs. As excitement spread through him it seemed silly now that once he’d been frightful of this beautiful other world. Entering the Dream had become much easier since he’d first stumbled upon the ability. Lirievin had been the only one to tutor him during that time of turmoil, providing the foundation with which he would later tame his powers. Much of his facility in the Dream was owed to the Accepted. Tis only right I pay her visit his disembodied existence hummed.

Before him a vast of host of lights dotted an empty canvas. Intuitively he knew the lights to be the dreams of everyone that was sleeping. The dreams of those he’d come to know or had known in the past called to him, the recognition of something familiar beckoning to his presence with the promise of home. He’d taken time to visit the Four Kings before. Much of it had changed—much of Andor had changed. The world was evolving in a rapid and violent storm of events implemented by powerful forces that pulled at the Pattern, distorting its shape with such impact that all worlds felt the transformation. Even the World of Dreams seemed subject to subtle changes since he’d known it.

Calm.

Forgetting his past and the problems of the world, his essence hunted for the Dream of the one he sought now. When he found her could feel the lips that he didn’t have shape into a smile.

Liri was here. In the World of Dreams.

Focusing upon the desire to see the Accepted once more, the scene shifted with warbled images of lights and places he couldn’t fathom. When everything coalesced into tangibility he found himself in a place he hadn’t quite expected and soon spotted someone in the distance.

Moving warily towards the figure, a sword materialized at his hip and the briefest of thoughts garbed him in rich Asha’man blacks. His knee-high boots polished and his Sword pin proudly adorning his the collared coat’s lapel. Danger prowled the Dream. He’d learned to avoid it, but if he encountered it he’d be ready.

“Accepted Lirievin?” his projection called out uncertainly. “Lirievin, it’s Valadin Manelle. You…you knew me when I was a Soldier? Say somethin’ Liri…”

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Lirievin Tesiva

Re: The Other Side of the World; [Attn: Lirievin Tesiva]

Post by Siera » September 2nd, 2015, 6:04 pm

Lirievin Tesiva Liri had gone to bed exhausted, the day had been long and even though she had planned on entering the World of Dreams tonight she knew it would have to wait, she needed her sleep and it wasn’t like it was going anywhere. It had been a long time since she felt like this, and she remembered how back home her mother would tuck her in tightly. She smiled remembering her mother, the moment her head her pillow she was out like a light.
~~~ Nothing seemed right. She knew she was in trouble but she didn’t know why, as she whipped her head around she instantly saw why. Her city, her home was one fire. The fiery backdrop had Liri pause for a moment, although she could feel her panic rising, she couldn’t help but admire the colours. A figure pushed her aside breaking her out of her daze, as she turned to see who it was she saw her mother. Her mother whipped her head back, her eyes wide with shock. “Liri! Where have you been? Why are you here? Never mind that we need to go, come on.” With that her mother grabbed her arm, dragging Liri away from the fire.

“Mother what’s going on?” Liri asked confused. She still had a feeling that something wasn’t right. It was more then the fire, there was something strange and Liri felt herself loosing control. Her mother kept a tight hold on her arm dragging her further and further away. “Mom, shouldn’t we be helping them?” She asked trying to pry her arm out of her mothers grip.

“No. We must get away. I don’t want to loose you again.” Liri found herself unable to get away, even though she should have had no issues. She was loosing control of her actions. Anything her mother wanted to do was done.

Just as Liri was about to reach her boiling point she heard a man’s voice “Accepted Lirievin?” it was faint but he continued talking and the scene before her slowly melted away. Liri didn’t know what to think. She didn’t know what to do. What just happened to me/ She had lost control somehow and Valadin had brought her back. But that was different. It wasn’t like a normal nightmare

Realizing that she still had not said anything, Liri turned around to face Valadin. “I’m sorry. I don’t knew where I was. One minute I was sleeping and the next In Kandor and now I’m here…” She trailed off still very unsure of what exactly had gone down. Although she had no idea what was going on Liri smiled when she saw Valadin. He had grown a lot since she had last saw him and she got the impression that he had learned a lot since she had last seen him.

“Valadin, a dedicated now? If seems you have grown a lot. Soon you will be wearing those Asha’man blacks.” She said nodding towards him. She couldn’t believe how much he had grown here. “How did you know I would be here?” She asked, even though she figured he would have just felt the need to see her and he would have come here. But she still wasn’t sure how she had gotten here.

Sean
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Sean » September 4th, 2015, 2:09 am

Relief filled Val as Lirievin’s form sharpened and became more solid. Uncertain of what he’d seen around her, he decided it was best to leave the matter until she chose to discuss it. For now his expression brightened with a smile. In spite of constant lessons on maintaining indifference whether due to ruthlessness of Tower politics or purely to display endurance of the hardships soldiers of the Light had to face, Valadin found himself beaming as his former mentor congratulated his progress. Light, she ain’t changed a bit… he thought.

Her question of how he’d found her increased his amusement. “Funny thing that,” he remarked knowingly, “…learned from a certain Accepted that control was the most important thing in the World of Dreams. Felt a need to see ya and once I learned to control that…well, you know the rest.”

Though it had been true advice, that lesson had only been the beginning of Val’s education about Tel’ aran’rhiod. There were nights he would spend, but a few minutes in the realm of the Dream, awe keeping him captive until he remembered Liri’s second lesson: time was irrelevant here. He’d wake to find the sun’s rays spilling into his room with him having not felt a wink’s true sleep. Those days were always hard so Valadin learned to take his time studying the Dream world and for all its perils he’d become enamored with exploring what it had offer. Anything was possible in the Dream.

Lirievin had been the first to show him that. Now he wanted to show her what he’d learned.

With a thought his clothes changed from the utilitarian black coat and breeches of the Grey Tower Dedicated to the long coats noblemen favored in Illian. A visit to a man’s Dream a month ago had nearly ended in disaster, but the experience kindled a desire to venture beyond the Tower walls; something he’d never wished for before. Fringes of gold lined the ankle boots at his feet as he made a leg and extended his hand towards the Accepted. When next looked up at her, a fashionable beard that left his upper lip bare adorned his face.

His hair remained in its usual complex coils; that he would allow no culture to change.

Recalling what he could of the harsh Illianer dialect he tried fashioned a sentence though this in spite of his Dream prowess felt beyond him, “I do wonder if ye be wantin’ to…ah blast it…!” he cursed biting his own tongue.

Red touched his cheeks at swearing in front of a woman of the Tower much less Liri. Straightening he extended a hand once more, this time more seriously if not still as friendly. “Been a long time, Accepted—I mean, Liri—I figure we could pass a little time vistin’ the Great Square of Tammaz for Genshai or…” he trailed theatrically as his attire underwent another transformation, “…we could share a drink in an Ebou Dari tavern; ain’t never seen a real knife fight before!”

Now a long, elaborate vest rested on his shoulders. Splashes of orange, pink, and yellow made even his head spin as he caught sight of the gaudy colors at the edge of his vision. A ridiculous number of rings settled his fingers as a jewel-handled dagger replaced the plain broadsword he’d originally carried.

If anyone understood his excitement it would Lirievin. Here, in the Dream World, anything was possible and nothing was impossible. He needed only to have a partner to walk through the folds of a realm unexplored. “Well? Whaddya say? Care to join me?”

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Siera » September 5th, 2015, 8:26 pm

Lirievin Tesiva Liri smiled as Valadin recalled their first encounter in the World of Dreams. It felt like it had been so long ago but really it hadn't been that long. It still seemed odd to her sometimes, although she had only met Valadin once she felt totally at ease around him and that was something she hadn't felt often since everything had happened with Sean.

But Liri didn't want to think about that. For the first time in a long time Liri wanted to let go of all the negative emotion and just enjoy herself. Although Liri hated all the negative emotions build up in her she had no idea how to handle it, but for some reason everything always seemed easier in The World of Dreams. From the moment she would step in here her guard would come down and she felt more at home. She knew that this could be dangerous and she could not loose herself here but being able to relax for just a moment was enough for her.

As Valadin started to talk again Liri looked up at him. His accent was different and he spoke differently then anyone she had met but people from all over came here and she enjoyed listening to each accent. Liri smiled as he stumbled over his words. The dialect was harsh but he didn't finish the sentence before switching to another.

Liri let out a laugh as she changed his attire to match where he was suggesting they go. He seemed to be having so much fun with this and she had a feeling that the rest of their trip would continue that way. Quickly changing from her Accepted dress to nice nice blue dress with a modest neckline Liri stepped forward and took Valadin's hand. "I would love to join you. We can tour the world!" She finished with a small laugh. This was the most she had smiled in a long time and it felt good. She couldn't wait to see where Valadin would take her.

Sean
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Sean » September 12th, 2015, 6:31 pm

“A man’s greatest treasures are his illusions…” Valadin Manelle
Strangely Liri’s open trust in him wasn’t discomfiting. Even in the Dream World her touch sent a warm sensation surging through the imagined version of himself. The curves of Val’s smile deepened as he inclined his head thankfully and closed his fingers around her hand; it seemed a betrayal to note that the dress she chose was flattering to her shape. Careful not to let his eyes fall from the Accepted’s face, Val’s mind drew up images of the River Eldar, its large body expanding in a widening chasm that divided the two sections of Altara’s capital.

Tel’aran’rhiod fought to resist him. The strands of the unremarkable emptiness that they currently occupied warring with Val’s exertion to move them from there. After a few moments of nothing happening suddenly they shifted.

Pale white buildings rose up from the land and innumerable canals spanned the riverside. Empty boats drifted across the choppy, grayed waters of the river’s reflection in the World of Dreams, but the scent was as palpable as Valadin had remembered when last he’d visited. Infrequent specters broke the loneliness of the massive main city, but if they were aware of Lirievin and Val, they showed no signs of it. Tavern doors flickered between being open and closed while the vendor stalls held items that continuously changed quantity, shape, and appearance.

Letting Liri’s hand fall from his he took a step towards a ridge that overlooked a dock below. Crates shuffled about the piers with no hand to move them, but even here the images of sailors bursting through sleep’s prison into the Dream traversed. “Figured it’d be safest to jus’ come ‘ere first,” Val said without looking over his shoulder.

“T’was in a dream that I first saw Ebou Dar. One o’ the mountain guard is Ebou Dari…ain’t had, but a word wit ‘im, but one day I was prancin’ about and just kinda…fell into his dream. Weird thing that…a bit scary too.”

His eyes watched the listless water lap sluggishly against the upraised posts of the dock. Though there was a slight blue-green luminesce to its surface, its physical counterpart likely commanded greater luster and magnificence. Just then a thought came to Val.

Without warning he leapt down the twenty foot drop to the pier below, his weight sending a rumble through the wooden planks, but leaving him otherwise uninjured as he strode towards the unoccupied gathering of boats. Even in the World of Dreams the sun felt good on his skin—here he could ignore the punishing heat that the realm of flesh often burdened him with. On a whim his vest had nothing beneath it, exposing his well-groomed torso after the fashion of the Ebou Dari men. The copious number of rings all seemed to glitter as they caught sunlight, but while he corralled a nearby boat with a long, slender body Val was more thankful for the looseness of his clothing. Only his trews fashioned similar to those worn in Andor fit tightly about his limbs, constricting his movement and breath.

“Care for a boat ride, milady?” he called to Liri once the vessel was readied. Studying the Accepted’s dress he frowned.

Suddenly Liri’s clothing fit her figure even more closely than before while the skirt flared out. A bright orange petticoat with splashes of blue along the sleeve fit smoothly over her shoulders. Drawing from past experience, Valadin decided it was best to leave the neckline as it was; even in his Dreams he’d dare not offend the young lady by exposing her cleavage.

Just wouldn’t seem right.

Satisfied he nodded and waved her down to the pier. “Might as well look the part if ya wanna be a proper Ebou Dari woman,” he explained with a wink.

He’d seen the dresses the women wore in more than a few dreams—some in lewd fantasies while others were accurate depictions that had come for worldly travelers or natives. In all instances the fashion in Altara was a bit too flagrant for his tastes.

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Siera » September 13th, 2015, 12:06 am

Lirievin Tesiva Liri's smile brightened her face, it had been a long time since she had fun and she found it oddly easy to trust Valadin. She had no idea where they were going and under normal circumstances it would freak her out but with Valadin holding her hand she felt safe. She trusted that he would not take her anywhere dangerous or anywhere they couldn't handle.

She waited a few moment as Valadin focused and suddenly they moved. How far Liri had know idea but suddenly building and canals where surrounding her. Liri gazed about in wonder. She had never been in any large city besides her Hometown and they Town so this place was new and unexpected from her. She watched around her as doors opened and closed and for a town there were quite a few people popping into the World of Dreams before vanishing again. with so many people here it must be a large city she thought to herself.

Liri had been so caught up in looking around she jumped when Valadin spoke again. Ebou Dari. She had read very little about the place and only knew roughly where it was on a map. But it was a long way from home. Watching Valadin again Liri followed his eyes to the water. Never had she seen so much in one area, and the boat around were magnificent. With the sound of boots moving Liri looked back up just to see Valadin jump off from where they were standing and she rushed to the eyes yelling out his name, worried that he had been hurt, but after the words were out Liri shook her head. This was the World of Dreams, that wouldn't have harmed him if he had been in control.

Liri watched him from the edge curious as to what he would do. She had never been on a boat before and she felt her anixety creeping up her throat. No, I cam trust him. she thought to herself, pushing the feeling away plus I can control this world. If something happens I don't like I can change it. With that thought Liri felt better. She did trust Valadin and she could control this world, both of those put her mind at ease.

Just then Valadin called up to her as the boat was ready. Liri copied him and jumped down, only stumbling slightly before getting back up on her feet and walking towards him. She paused before getting on the boat, part of her was still scared but she knew she could over come this. As she had paused Valadin looked at her with a look of concentration and when Liri looked down she realized her clothing had changed. She looked back up at Valadin as if questioning why before he answered that it was tradition Ebou Dari fashion. Giving a slight laugh Liri went with it. She had no idea what Ebou Dari customs where but she would go along with it.

"I have to admit. I have never been on a boat before, so please don't sink us" she spoke with humor in her voice and smiled and carefully stepped onto the boat. It rocked a little but all Liri had to do was force it to be steady in her mind and everything was OK.

"So, where are we headed?" She questioned looking at Valadin as he entered the boat.

Sean
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Sean » September 14th, 2015, 2:35 am

“Lean back on your knife and let your tongue go free...”
“Dunno,” Val answered honestly.

Ushering the small ferry from the pier set the vessel aimlessly drifting into the expanding river. Even in the World of Dreams the water’s currents dominated their direction of travel and the disconcerting speed with which they approached the open waters of the Sea of Storms nearly made Val Shift them elsewhere. “S’a good look on ya, Liri,” he said instead.

“Ya’d make a fine Ebou Dari Lady…maybe even a noble lady.”

He’d been about to say something else when a man appeared in the boat with an oar in hand. Tel’aran’rhiod’s ethereal glow surrounded the fellow and he seemed unaware of either Val or Lirievin as he worked the paddle through the tepid river water. Like all who touched the Dream, the nameless man began fade back into nothingness, vanishing as quickly as he’d appeared.

But then Val on a whim exerted his influence on the fast-disappearing man, tethering Liri and himself to the man’s dream.

Tel’aran’rhiod trembled defiantly against his control, the boat quaking and the water rising over the edges to splash the vessel’s inhabitants. Holding onto the sides in a white-knuckled grip Val forced the man’s dream to become his and Liri’s reality. So violent were the tremors that more than once Val felt himself nearly unseated and pitched into the frothing waters. Stubbornly he clung on. Having never inserted himself into another’s dream so forcefully he knew not what to expect. When the turbulence was at its worst and they were nearly sunk Val feared for the Accepted; her trust was something he didn’t want to betray…her safety even more precious.

Just when he thought of giving up all fell still. As though nothing had happened the Dream world settled docilely around them once again.

A relieved laughter shook Val as he shared a look with the water-logged Liri. His own vest and trousers were dark with wetness, but he giggled all the same while struggling to find the words to apologize to his mentor. He’d only managed, “Liri…I’m—” when another voice cut in.

“The two of you make a fine coupling.”

Valadin’s amusement died on his lips as he gawked at the now solid sailor who’d been little more than a vague mist fashioned after a man a moment ago. Now a long, worn vest dressed him in the Ebou Dari custom. The fellow was barefoot and no rings decorated his fingers though a clean shirt of white cotton like the ones similar to Hama Valon stretched across his chest. A glistening pommel that could only be one of the rumored marriage knives that was tradition in Altara jutted out from his waist. He can see us…Light…it worked! Val realized dumbly.
The man looked at them politely though their silence obviously struck him as rude. Valadin was about to answer when his eyes took in the renewed look everything had. In this man’s dream the Eldar reflected sunlight like gems on its surface and canals were busy with fares that counted for much of the inner Westlands trade. People traveled the boardwalks leading to the main city in droves and the shouts of hawkers were muffled by the shouts of sea-farers seeking to anchor. Ships of all sizes docked in the endless wharfs, their cargo unloaded by glistening men with bronzed, shirtless men. This far south the heat felt…thicker. Even the scents were stronger as the water gave off a metallic odor that pierced the senses.

“Uh…” Val murmured, uncertain what to say as he looked to Liri and shrugged, “…aye, we’re jus’ visitin’. Figured it’d be a sight to see…the Eldar?”

The man winked knowingly while studying Liri with a sidelong look, eyes roaming the young woman’s limber figure hungrily. “Good. I’ll take ya back the way we came then an’ show ya around. We’ll ‘ave a drink at one o’ the taverns—just be careful not to let any too close to the Lady. That’ll get ya knifed quickly. ‘Specially since yer not armed.”

“O-of…course…” Val smiled back weakly. I hope Liri’ll forgive me for this…soon as we hit land I’ll try an’ pull us free of this…nightmare. Dunt wanna know what it’s like to get tossed into these waters now… he thought sourly.

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Siera » September 14th, 2015, 7:54 pm

Lirievin Tesiva Liri found herself smiling more, almsot blushing even as Valadin complimented her. It was nice to be noticed and actually be comfortable about being noticed. Now if only I could be like this back in the Waking World as well.. She was trying, but at times it just always seemed so hard to change. It was easier to be paranoid. Liri was so wrapped up in her thoughts that she didn't even notice the man on the boat appearing beside them. She was deep in her own thoughts on a quiet boat one moment and the next, chaos.

The boat started shaking and water poured over the side soaking her and Valadin, panic rising in her Liri had no idea what was happening. She tried to think back to the peaceful River they had been on but nothing worked, she couldn't shift anywhere or change anything. Liri held tight to the side of the boat, sure that she was going to be thrown from the side of the boat numerous times before falling off her seat onto the bottom of the boat. Just as Liri was about to call out to Valadin, asking him if he was doing something everything died down.

Liri looked up at Valadin, about ready to lecture him before another man cut in. Liri whipped her head around to look at the man. She had never been noticed in The World of Dreams. What in the world have we gotten ourselves into she wondered. Feeling the stare coming from the man Liri looked back at Valadin, something about this man seemed off to her and she felt uncomfortable standing there. Valadin seemed to have a better idea as to what was going on, or at least Liri thought he looked less lost then she did. She knew she would just have to trust him to get them out of this mess.

Looking around and Valadin talked to the man, Liri noticed how everything had changed. There were people on the docks, the water was different, even the temperature and smells were different, more distinct. Are we in a Dream? She wished she could have communicated with Valadin without the man hearing. She had read about Dreamwalkers in her research, but she had never been in someone else's dream herself. Apparently Valadin had a talent for it.

As the man talked about being knifed, Liri had to fight herself to resist the urge to open herself to saidar, she never wanted to be that close to a knife ever again, and even the mention of using went brought back the memories and nightmares. She knew her panic must have been showing on her face but she knew there was nothing she could do to erase it, she had learnt long ago that it would fade and nothing yet had been able to speed up that process.

Taking a quick look at Valadin, Liri looked over to the other man. "Which tavern will you be taking us to? I've heard there are a few good ones around here but I can't seem to recall the names" She hoped that making small talk with him would keep him distracted.

Sean
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Sean » September 15th, 2015, 8:40 am

“Is a lie really a lie if it is honestly believed?”
As the boat neared land, Val had the sinking impression that the longer they remained tied to this man’s dream the harder it would become to extricate themselves. He could feel Tel’aran’rhiod slipping away as they became a part of the reality unknowingly created by this dreamer. Need to pull free ‘fore it’s too late.

“There’s plenty o’ good places to set down for a mug, but for my tastes nuthin’ beats the Black Boar’s ale, milady!” the man replied jovially to Liri’s question, his strokes of the oar long and giddy as they traversed the distance back to the mainland with great haste.

Once docked Val stepped out and immediately turned to help Liri up while the sailor dealt with the ferry’s mooring, “Liri…I…I didn’t know any o’ this was gonna happen. Soon as I can, I’ll get us outta here, but jus’…well dunt leave my side. I got ya into this—burn me I’ll get ya out!” he whispered in the brief moment that they had alone.

It wasn’t long for no sooner had the words been said did the man clap Val on the shoulder with a disconcerting smirk riding his lips. “C’mon, they’ll be time fer that later. I’ll show ya a good love spot after—even the Seanchan visit there.” Seanchan? Val wondered.

His Dedicated studies had touched on the people whom claimed to be the direct progeny of Artur Hawkwing’s bloodline, but Valadin wasn’t abreast of the recent news of their seizing the southern lands. As far as he knew those were just rumors. Mastering himself in spite of the troubling information, Val kept hold of Lirievin’s hand as much for her sake as for his own. Had this not been the World of Dreams he would’ve been red from ear to ear, but fortunately the Dream allowed him to appear stoic even when the nervousness of being so close to the Accepted and the situation he’d mired her in worried him greatly.

Ebou Dar was a living mass of people. The outer streets that led to the dock were packed with commotion, all of it either traveling in the direction of the waters or to the main city. A thick, white wall surrounded the main city and the only entrance Val could see was a lone gateway that was heavily guarded by strange armored men sternly examining all who went through. Their lances gleamed with the polish of great care…and skilled usage.

Following Val’s stare, the sailor explained, “Aye, that’d be the Seanchan guard. Don’t like ‘em much, but they’ve been good for keepin’ rabble-rousers from startin’ too much trouble. Plus Lady Tylin asked us to tolerate ‘em fer the time bein’. Sayin’ they meant no harm an’ the like.”

If the man agreed with this Lady Tylin’s words he didn’t show it as a spit to the side followed the exposition. Nodding understandingly Val observed the guards and wondered how current the man’s dreams were of the current state of things. There was no time to ponder it as the man ushered them away from the large gate to the main city and towards one of the few standing buildings beyond its walls.

Like all the other buildings in the area, the establishment which turned out to be the Black Boar, was a pale white and sturdily built. Though the outside looked a bit plain, the inside proved a pleasant surprise as it was spacious and…clean. As the sailor walked in, voices met him with welcoming shouts and it was here that Val learned the fellow’s name was Rhovin. It sounded familiar, but Val couldn’t recall the face in his memory.

Gambling took place at some tables, but most men found themselves happy sharing a pitcher of ale or mead—whichever passed for fine drink here. What was more concerning was that all were armed with jeweled daggers which was either a stroke of fortune or a catastrophe in the making. Rhovin seemed friendly with most if not all the patrons, which Val realized made sense, as they all shared the same tanned, muscular physique that marked them as dockhands or sailors. Many greeted Val with a respectful if subdued nod while they gave Lirievin a more meaningful hello. Strangely some of the men had women next to them that eyed Val the same way that the men were studying Liri. The necklaces that hung at their necks with rings should’ve meant that they were married, but the plunging necklines and inviting smiles spelled signs of trouble.

“Light, what is wrong with everyone here?” Val asked Rhovin only to have the man laugh.

“Dunt worry ‘bout all that. Here! Siddown! I’ll fetch ya somethin’ strong fer you an’ the lady to get right flustered!” he said shoving both Val and Liri towards a table. Before he left he drew closer to Val, “Good spirits gives a man courage to do his duty, right?”

As he left, even Val’s talent in the Dream couldn’t mask the embarrassment painted on his face. “We…we have to go. Now,” he groaned to Liri. “Jus’ can’t seem to shake loose of this dream fer some reason. Any ideas?”

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Siera » September 18th, 2015, 1:28 am

Lirievin Tesiva Liri looked around trying to take in everything, from moments ago things had changed so much. Perspective really changes things I guess This did have her wondering about Tel'Aran'Rhoid, did her perspective change it? Or since she knew where she was did that not affect it. There were so many unknowns about Tel'Aran'Rhoid and it seemed to take so long to figure out even minor things.

Liri nodded as Valadin said he would get her out of here, she still trusted him and he had more knowledge then her about Dreaming. She was about to reply when the man walked up to them again. Not trusting herself to say something strange, after all the man was in control of this Dream and she didn't want anything to turn ugly. As they approached some Tarverns Liri noticed a man standing up onto of the building. She had read about the Seachan so she knew right away that that was where the man was from. Hoping the man would keep his dream in control Liri followed Valadin into the Tavern the man had chosen.

Liri wasn't listening as the man and Valadin talked. She found herself again looking for an exit. They could run from the Tavern, but there was no telling what the man would do and he would manipulate the dream and make it worse. Liri tried to think back to Amadies' notes. A lot of them had just been on Tel'Aran'Rhoid in general but Liri knew that she had touched on Dreamwalking, she just couldn't recall what she had read. I should have made more of an effort to memorized those notes. Shaking her head Liri looked around, there were a few other people there, probably just figments of the mans dreams and not in any relation to any one he knew but it gave her an idea.

Liri waited until the man left before she turned to face Valadin again. Just as she was about open her mouth Valadin spoke. He couldn't get out of the dream. For a brief moment Liri wondered what would happen if they got stuck here.

"There are only two things I can think of. I wonder if I would have any luck getting us out, but you would have to walk me through how to do it." She paused for a moment, not wanting to sound like a fool but they needed to get out of this dream. "The only other thing I can think of is trying to jump to another Dream, maybe if you can get out of this Dream and into another it will be easier? I have no idea how this works so I'm leaving it up to you."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik