The Other Side of the World; [Attn: Lirievin Tesiva]

Tel'aran'rhiod and Portal Worlds
Sean
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Valadin Manelle

Re: The Other Side of the World; [Attn: Lirievin Tesiva]

Post by Sean » September 21st, 2015, 2:42 am

“Delusional people tend to believe in what they're doing.”
Liri’s lack of advice offered little comfort, but Valadin found that he couldn’t be upset with her when it had been his doing that found them trapped in this tavern fantasy. Already the threads of reason that held any dream together were being to split at the seams. One of the woman at the other tables straddled her an, bosom free from the tight fitting confines of her dress as the surrounding men hungrily watched the carnal display between sips. Other tables were doused in filmy ale, the patrons lapping up the spilled spirits like dogs from the table surface and floor. A barmaid walked into the common room with her blouse about her waist, a platter carefully balanced on her right palm. Her face carried a mischievous grin beneath sultry seawater colored eyes.

In the Dream Valadin felt himself reddened as he reached across the tabletop to clutch Liri’s hand, throwing the table aside in his haste. Before the Accepted could ask any questions he fought the change rules of the man’s dream with every shred of his ability. None o’ this is real he repeated internally as the half-naked serving girl ambled over to Lirievin and he.

“Milord and Lady, what will ye be havin’ today,” the Dream maid whispered. Even through the veil of Val’s concentration the words stirred a base longing in him.

None o’ this is real.

“I can see you need a moment, I can wait…for you.” Shortly after the inviting shape of the woman’s body fell into Val’s lap scraping away at his control. The Dream was closing in on them, its influences drowning away their sense of self. Soon the last resisting elements of their individuality would fall to heel.

“Liri…” Valadin growled, eyes fierce as he found hers. “None o’ this is real! Say it with me…blood and ashes!”

Just then Rhovin returned, bronzed upper body bare as he approached with a wickedly curved dagger as long as Valadin’s forearm in hand. “Seems like yer busy lad,” the man hissed, words losing humanity with each syllable. The nature of the twisted nightmare made the affable fellow look…wrong as he stalked towards Lirievin menacingly. “Dunt worry. I’ll look after the lass fer ya.”

Binds of hemp lashed Liri’s arms and legs to the chair without warning as the knife edged ever closer to the Accepted’s bare neck. Forgetting he was in a dream altogether, Valadin reached desperately for Saidin only to find the Power uncharacteristically distant to his touch. Laughter echoed all about in tones that varied from melodious giggles to shrill nerve-tinging shrieks of amusement. Val felt his grasp of reality slipping as the sight of Liri in danger fueled the nightmare’s power over them.

He blinked and the girl’s fingers were no longer in his. Strain as he would the serving girl clung to him, her limbs now coiling about him with serpentine flexibility. Somewhere in the dark background a mug clattered to the floor and an eerie silence replaced the earlier cacophony. None o’ this is real, the inside voice warned him, but the cold sweat dampening the once immaculate vest spoke otherwise.
If it were possible, he would’ve sought the Void, but early experimentation in Tel’aran’rhiod proved that the Void did not exist in the World of Dreams. Perhaps I can make it. As the common room swayed disconcertingly, its patrons all unclothed and disfigured save for the snake bodied hostess and Rhovin, an idea came to Val. Lirievin’s words had sparked a stroke of innovation. Knitting his brows together in concentration he honed in on the sincerity of the fear he felt for Liri’s safety, the realness of the strong arms forcing him down when he tried to aid his mentor…

The knife was plunging into Liri’s chest when everything zipped away and suddenly the pair were on their hands and knees, face pale and sweaty. They were at the center of an empty inn room that was familiar, yet Val knew he’d never been to the place before. Light…I…I did it, he thought, his dream-self collapsing onto the hardwood floor. Nearby a heart burned belching a train of black smoke that vanished into the ceiling of gray nothingness above.
OOC: Now…a little bit of fun here for the both of us. See if you can guess what Val’s stumbled on.

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Lirievin Tesiva

Post by Siera » September 23rd, 2015, 2:44 am

Lirievin Tesiva Liri knew she must have been giving Valadin a strange look as he started speaking aloud to himself. She knew they were in someone else's Dream and although she hadn't done it the amount of effort it took to get out of the Dream seemed off to her. The serving girl approached them and Liri wanted to roll her eyes. This mans dream was so stereotypical it was almost hard to handle, but her attention was not on him long before Valadin reached out and grabbed her hand, his eyes seeking hers. She saw the emotion in his eyes and felt how desperate he was to get out of this dream and how strongly they were in it. She looked back at him and spoke alongside him.

It didn't last long before suddenly felt herself bound to the chair.Here eyes filled with panic as she looked down and saw the hemp around her legs and arms. she didn't have to look to feel the strange man closer to her and the sharp metal of a knife getting closer. She knew she was about to freak but she also knew that they needed to get out of this dream so she watched Valadin repeating him, her eyes wide.

Valadin closed his eyes then and Liri had no where to turn. The man was moving his knife and she tried to move herself away from it, but it approached her chest and Liri knew that there was no way out of this, and even though she had taught herself not to yell, she couldn't help it. As the knife touched her chest Liri yelled out, for a fake knife it hurt- a lot. The knife was almost about halfway into her chest before everything suddenly disappeared and Liri fell to her knees, breathing heavy. Slowly she raised her hand to her chest, there was a small trickle of blood and only a small cut. Liri wiped it away with her sleeve, looking up for Valadin. She still trusted him, mostly but being in that Dream was something she never wanted again.

She saw him across from her, almost the same distance apart as they were in the Inn they had just left. Liri didn't move very far, not trusting her legs to hold her after that. She was still in shock and couldn't believe she had been in any situation like that again. "What ....happened? What did you.. do and.. why was it so hard to leave?" She felt out of breath, like she had run a marathon but she needed answers before she left. She had had enough adventure for one day.

Sean
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Sean » September 28th, 2015, 11:47 am

“Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.”
The room’s emptiness echoed with Liri’s question. Her words seemed to ring from a great distance and lingered long after they were spoken. Despite the changed setting the World of Dreams’ eerie ambiance surrounded them, light without origin illuminating their featureless refuge.

“Sorry…Accepted…” Val murmured after a stretch a time. “He didn’t hurt you, did he? I dunt know why I couldn’t control the Dream back there. Was like…like the Dream was fighting back or maybe it was jus’ a vivid dream?” he supplied uncertainly. “I figure fantasies like that make for happy nights? Only right that things turn messy when we decide to be the only ones to keep our clothes on.”

The joke seemed ill-timed given what they’d gone through, but Val didn’t know what else to say. Shame and guilt were already tearing at his insides. Moving quickly to the Accepted’s aid he helped her to her feet before sating his curiosity on their whereabouts. “This…ain’t my dream, is it?”

Touching a nearby wall sent ripples that quivered throughout the room momentarily before all fell still once more. Fire crackled in the hearth, but no heat came from the flames as Val moved along the walls taking care not to touch anything. The gaudy vest he’d worn earlier had been replaced in favor of a black doublet frilled with white lace at the collar. His trews remained unchanged save for the muted grey color. He still wanted to enjoy a dance with Liri, but there was no telling how long they’d been in the Dream already. Time was funny here and facing the day’s tasks without sleep was an unwelcome prospect. As if in answer to the thought a study desk appeared in the center of the room, complete with a stack of tomes and ink stains as though someone had been recently working upon it.

On whim Val willed the desk away in its place a long table fit for a king stretched from wall to wall nearly filling the entirety of the room. A growing sense of knowing emboldened Val as the small room suddenly became a great hall with a marble floor worked with a portrayal wild stallions in an open field. Soon a chandelier hung overhead, a countless candles burning as it hung from the domed ceiling above. Where the room had once had an overbearing barrenness glamorous items fashioned out boyhood gleeman tales sprung into existence. A spiral stairwell that continued on forever leapt into existence as Valadin crossed the distance separating him from Liri in a single step. Whatever this place was he could do anything here.

“Liri…” he breathed, amazement brightening his face as he looked at the things he’d created in such a short time. “…ha-what is this? We ent…I mean this ain’t my dream—can’t be. Yet…”

Remembering his promise from earlier he decided some things were more important; he owed his mentor at least one good memory before their time was through. A gold spigot spurted water that arched in a display of sparkling droplets before vanishing into a gentle mist that sprawled along the floor. As the haze curled about his boots Val stepped in front of Liri. “If ya don’t mind Accepted, I’ll have that dance before we figure out anythin’ else.”

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Siera » October 6th, 2015, 12:37 am

Lirievin Tesiva Liri looked around in wonder as all sorts of things started to appear. The once empty hall was now quite beautiful with tables and portraits. She knew Valadin had asked her something before he started all this, but Liri had been too distracted watching everything grow around her to focus on answering.

once things stopped materializing, Liri focused more on what was physically going on around her. She could still feel where the strange man had been holding her, and she touched her chest where the knife had been feeling warmth. Moving her hand away Liri looked at her fingers to see blood covering the tips. She wiped it away, brushing it off on her dress before she willed that blood away as well. She couldn't do anything about the cut here but there wasn't so much blood that it would drip everywhere.

Looking up Liri fought the urge to smile. She still had no idea where exactly they were, or what was going on and all she really wanted right now was answers. But it seemed Valadin was content for now, so Liri tried to get herself to relax. They would have to leave soon anyway so really, how much trouble could they get into?

Liri gave a weak smile as Valadin took a step towards her asking for a dance. She couldn't help but feel his his enthusiasm, so she changed her simple dress into a beautiful red ball gown. She smiled again before talking the hand that Valadin offered. Valadin was a much more graceful dancer then she thought he would have been. For some reason the dancing eliminated the rest of Liri's sour mood. She found herself smiling and even gave off a small laugh as they turned around the room. "Where did you learn to dance?" Liri asked Valadin as they continued to move around.

Sean
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Sean » October 10th, 2015, 5:52 am

“One truth doesn't refute another. Truth doesn't lie in the object, but in how we see it.”
Before he knew it Liri was moving in step with him, her gown flowing like living fire as she danced. When the Accepted laugh the fears from earlier evaporated as if they’d never been. It was a small sound, but to hear his mentor’s joy made Val’s heart swell.

“Actually I don’t know much about fancy noble dancing,” he replied as his feet wove through a series of complicated steps. “I figured if we can Dream what we look like an’ think things outta thin air then there shouldn’t be any trouble imaginin’ myself knowin’ a step or two,” he winked mischievously.

Just then a circular section of the floor that they stood on lifted away from the ground. Now the glow of the chandelier illuminated Liri’s face as it hung little more than a few hand spans above their heads. The white light which had bathed the ballroom became a soothing red that darkened certain corners of the room as their small platform hovered over everything in slow circles as they continued their step. Preempting the Accepted’s question of how he was doing these things he twirled her in the way that the stories always told the heroes spinning the damsel. It dunt quite feel right, he thought.

Immediately the Dream responded to his desires. Music began to echo from an unseen source. The melody was sweet and melancholy at the same time. What instrument could’ve produced such a divine sound, Val couldn’t fathom, but he spun Liri again in rhythm with the music, her gown flaring about her.

“Y’know Acc—I mean Liri,” Val said pausing to catch his breath not that he was tired. In truth it felt as though they could continue forever and never need to rest. Looking around at the lavish trappings of the ballroom, “…I feel like I can do anything in this place. This ent like the World of Dreams I know. I always felt…dunno somethin’ fightin’ me fer control there, but here…”

Without warning the ballroom vanished into a disorientating menagerie of colors though the raised floor remained beneath them. Staring out into the blur of chaos that seemed to change with the ebb and flow of his thoughts, an idea occurred to Val.

“Lirievin,” he said, voice ringing clear despite the movement beyond them. “Tell me about the worst thing that ever happened to you. Be specific. Leave nothin’ out.”

The words hadn’t been intended to be forceful, yet the Dream around them closed in on the girl, driving her to divulge her darkest stories. A part of Val was aware of it. It should’ve scared him having this power, yet…he was curious. What frightened her? Could he see into her Dream here? Questions ran like an endless river through his mind and the Dream world he’d created writhed with wanting to meet his demands.

Control. He had never felt anything like it. For the first time in his life there was nothing he could not do. If he wanted he could seal himself and Lirievin in this dream world for all time. They wouldn’t die here. No channelers or Shadow to hunt them down. Even if they came with a thought he’d break them. Searching the Accepted’s face he wondered what she was thinking.

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Siera » October 14th, 2015, 1:50 am

Lirievin Tesiva Liri could finally feel herself relaxing as she was swept across the dance floor in Valadin's arms, the earlier events all but forgotten. It was nice to loose herself in the music and the rhythm of the dance. Liri had just felt the last of her worries melting away when Valadin paused to speak. He was talking about the Dream, and Liri could understand it was different but she didn't know why, and apparently Valadin felt more a difference then she did.

“Tell me about the worst thing that ever happened to you. Be specific. Leave nothin’ out.”

With those words Liri felt dread and fear fill her and she immediately dropped her arms and took a few steps away from Valadin. She had not talked about what had happened to anyone, even those who had some idea as to what had gone on really didn't know exactly what had happened to her. This was not something she had ever really wanted to talk about and she never expected to be forced to talk about it.

Liri did not want to talk about it and she tried to tell Valadin that but something was stopping them from leaving her mouth. She couldn't get the words out. Panicking Liri tried to think of any other way out of this, she was not ready to face the memories of him again but she couldn't leave the dream, she couldn't talk about anything else. Everything she could think of to get out of this situation was not working and she was soon left with no other option then to tell Valadin what he wanted to hear.

"It happened right after I got raised. I went down to Hama Valon for a trip to get out of the Tower and walked into an Inn. He was there, I didn't think anything of him as he had a Warder cloak. He bought me a drink, which I knew now was laced with something. He followed me into another shop and when i fainted he caught me." She paused, knowing that the easy part of her story was done.

"What happened next I will never know exactly. When I woke up next I was tied up in a room, alone, unable to reach Saidar. I don't know how long I was there but whatever he gave me made me drift in and out of sleep. Any time I was awake he would join me, and play with his dagger on my body. The more I screamed the more fun he had. And when I stopped screaming, he got angry and things got worse." She paused there showing the only scar left on her forearm. "He is the reason I can't walk. I don't know exactly how it happened but if started to heal before I got to a Yellow and at that point there was nothing they could do."

By now Liri wasn't sure if she wanted to hate Valadin or if she was ready to burst out in tears. It was more painful then she could imagine being forced to talk about what had happened to her. She was just so overwhelmed with what was going on that she didn't even know how to react. She kept her distance from Valadin still not sure of what to think about what had happened to him. She didn't know him that well but she would have never had thought that he would force anything out of her. Not waiting for his response, Liri turned away from him and walked to the other end of the room. She didn't try to leave the room, assuming that he would keep her here. She could only wait and see what happened.

Sean
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Sean » November 26th, 2015, 6:35 pm

Lirievin's words held such hurt behind them that a pang of guilt lanced through Valadin's dream self nearly waking him from the spell he was under. The room shrank in response to Valadin's desire to be close to her. What had been a ballroom once more became a humble accommodation with a slow burning hearth lighting its corners.

He was at her back now. Tel'aran'rhiod's ever present watchfulness seemed absent in this place. Total control lay at his fingertips and he'd used it to hurt his mentor. STOP! something within him screamed, but he ignored it in favor of the small, fragile young woman before him.

"Liri," he said, voice echoing over the crackle of the fire. Even to his ears his tone sounded as though it belonged to someone else, heady and self-assured. "In this place none can hurt us without my willing it. We are the ones that are strong here."

The Accepted hadn't moved. Did she hate him?

Turning the girl by the shoulders Valadin saw the naked anguish in her face. Thankful for the power the Dream gave him, his appearance was one of perfect poise as he gazed upon her.

"There was once a man who hurt me...a long time ago. I never searched for him in the Dream...never cared to. Your story reminded me that there are some debts that must be repaid."

As he spoke a man with an face shrouded in shadows materialized not more than two paces away. "See? This could be man who caused you so much hurt. What would you say to him? What would you...do to him?" He asked darkly.

The shadow-faced man fought against his restraints, howling wordlessly in their direction. Valadin paid the spectre no heed. With a thought he could silence or flay the ghost to demonstrate his point, but if he knew Liri, the girl was too gentle for such things to persuade her that he was right.

Both hands on Lirievin's shoulders squeezed gently to bring the Accepted's eyes to focus on his face, his words.

"Liri, when we're strong enough we could get some small bit of the peace they stole from us. Will you do this with me?"

There was a startling moment as Valadin realized that this was important to him as well. A thrill surged through him at the thought, but terror fought for control. Hunting down their nightmares would be no small task. They would both need to be ready...and Liri was probably the only person besides Nykk who would understand his actions.

Siera
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Siera » November 27th, 2015, 2:59 am

Lirievin Tesiva Although Liri was mad at him, she couldn't help but soften as Valadin talked. He didn't mean to hurt her, and she knew that but the fact that it had happened hurt her. Valadin kept talking to her explaining how they were the ones in power here and Liri knew that and that was probably why she felt so comforted here. She felt so comforted here and empowered, if something happened she could change it. but somehow being here with Valadin, it was different.

Liri listened as Valadin continued to talk, her anger slowly melted away, the more he talked the more he proved that he didn't mean to hurt her. As Valadin conjured the shadow and asked Liri what she would do she took a moment before answering. It was a good question, something that Liri had thought about, but Carra had taken care of it and really although she hate him for everything that happen, she knew what her answer was.

"Nothing." she said somberly. "He's already gotten what he deserved and for me, although I understand the wanting to get your revenge, I feel like for me I don't want to waste anymore time on him. He took enough from me that I don't want to waste anymore time on him." Liri hoped that Valadin understood where she was coming from. She understood where he was coming from, she had felt anger and a need for revenge right up until she found out that Carra had taken care of things. But for that Liri was grateful, although she was angry she didn't think she would have been capable to give him what he deserved.

"I do hope you understand where I am coming from, if things hadn't already been taken care of, I would probably feel the same way as you do. But I just I've had closer on everything. But all that being said, when we are strong enough I would gladly help you get your peace back. I know all too well what living without peace is like, and gaining it back is important." Liri paused here. She felt like she had bee rambling but she didn't want to offend Valadin, he was one of her only friends, the only one she had actually talked to about this place and about what had happened to her she didn't want to loose him.

Liri waited a moment before looking around, she hadn't really realized that the room had shrunk and she briefly wondered when that had happened. "As much as I would like to stay, we should probably leave. Knowing my luck we're probably well into midday and missed half our classes." she gave a slight laugh. "We should plan to meet again soon." she said with a small smile, waiting to see what Valadin had to say before leaving.

Sean
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Sean » November 29th, 2015, 6:39 pm

The spell had broken with Liri's words. Despite the harm the man done her the Accepted had chosen to move on from her pain however difficult it had been. More amazing still was she'd done by herself.

Slowly the room wavered, the shadowed man wisping away in a dark haze. Valadin still felt power in this place; in fact he was distinctly aware that neither of them could leave without him willing it so. Enough trouble fer one night. Thank the Light Accepted Lirievin ent the type to go fer foolishness. I doubt Master Elonid would be so kind. Though his mind was still muddled with thoughts of wrath and the underlying disappointment of Liri's rejection, the Dream allowed him to hide it easily.

Outwardly he was smiling warmly. Their Tower garments had returned if a bit more polished than in the Living World.

"Yer, right. Tis late...forgive me fer keepin' ya Accepted, " Valadin agreed, his rough tongue returning. "Thank ya fer tonight...these meetin's...I look forward to 'em."

A moment hung between them. Valadin wasn't sure what to do next. Women were still creatures of great mystery to him.

So...he did the only thing he could think of. Without warning he willed the girl away only then realizing that they had been in his dream. As Lirievin faded, Valadin fixed her face into his thoughts. In future days he would recall her whenever the thought of hunting down Master plagued him. After all few understood what it was like to be at the whim of another. The choking inability to decide for oneself...only duty saved him during those dark ponderings...

Duty...and Nykk. Thank you, Accepted, he thought as his eyes opened to the real rays of sun that spilled through the lone window of his room. Rising from bed naked he moved to stare out from the Tower of stone, relishing the sight of the open fields, the plethora of people in the square, and the newness of a day yet started. Thank ya, Accepted Lirievin....but I can't live in yer world.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik