Looking to Write Stuff and Things

A place to discuss future RP plans, request RP partners, or respond to others' ads.
Bantha
"New Spring"
PC: Vaska Reynar

Looking to Write Stuff and Things

Post by Bantha » March 14th, 2019, 9:21 pm

Just like it says in the title, I'm looking to begin writing here at the Grey Tower. I'm open to almost anything, although please keep in mind my character is a Novice and has just arrived at the Tower.
Honor is life, for without honor one may as well be dead."
Vaska Hrijorii Reynar

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: Looking to Write Stuff and Things

Post by Alianora » March 15th, 2019, 12:14 am

What did you have in mind for her? I have an Aes Sedai and an Accepted who could teach classes, show her around the Tower, or do something else if you like.

Bantha
"New Spring"

Post by Bantha » March 19th, 2019, 10:14 pm

Thank you for the reply! I like the idea of Vaska being shown around the tower, although which character you think is suited best is entire up to you. I have no preference and either would be equally as interesting as the other.
Vaska Hrijorii Reynar

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » March 20th, 2019, 12:10 am

I can do that, and I think I'll use my Accepted, Amaranie. Do you want to start the thread or would you like me to?

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » March 20th, 2019, 11:45 am

I meant to respond to this yesterday.

I have about four characters on offer for whatever you would like:
  • Ravak Darrow is your older Gaidin type. He is fatherly (both the strict and the nurturing type), and is prone to thinking with his heart more than his head.
  • Elia Darrow is your archetypical Aes Sedai, dusted with a coating of sass. She's from the Indigo Ajah, so if you're interested in objects of the One Power, she's very happy to teach you about them.
  • Zarayne is an odd one: she's a Yellow Aes Sedai who doesn't Heal, and Aiel to boot. Her focus is more on psychology, so if Vaska needs someone to tell all of her worries to, Zarayne's your woman. Alternately if you just want a generally kinder Aes Sedai, Zarayne trumps Elia.
  • Farah Kattan is your novice-who-didn't-make it. After twenty years of wearing whites, finally, she was given up upon. Now she's in the Warders' Yards, looking to justify the time spent at the Grey Tower.
I do have other characters, but they're a bit less traditional. Kaira Darrow, a former Novice, was in Caemlyn and pregnant the last time I wrote her, and Thea Darrow, Elia's daughter, is a young(ish) child.

If you're looking for training threads specifically, Ravak can teach Vaska how to put swords into people, Elia can educate on all things ter'angreal or Healing, and Zarayne knows how to Dreamwalk.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » March 20th, 2019, 1:27 pm

*crawls out from under the pile of LIFE on top of her*

I'm here too! I have...lots of characters. :lol: They are all fully raised, so chance meetings and lessons would work. I have...

Mia the Green, Lysira the Gaidin, Gareth the Yellow, Natlya the Gaidin, Sadira the Blue, Haeden the Gaidin, Isla the Yellow, and Andraste the Red...

I sound like a bunch of vikings.

Bantha
"New Spring"

Post by Bantha » March 20th, 2019, 3:14 pm

Wow, so many replies :shock: Thanks for the interest.

@Alinora, Would you like to start the thread? Thank you.

@Craig, a thread between Ravak Darrow and Vaska going over swordplay would be interesting, if only because she has some experience herself. If you would like to write something else, I am open to any class, however keep in mind Vaska has a block that she must be made aware of and eventually work through so at present she cannot channel at will.

@Bella, I like the idea of having Vaska interact with the Mistress of Novices, Miahala, and it sounds equally terrifying and exciting. However, Vaska does have a block she must eventually be made aware of and work through, so if that interests you more then we can work towards that. Or, that can be saved for down the line.
Vaska Hrijorii Reynar

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » March 20th, 2019, 5:39 pm

Well, Mia is about to not be MoN anymore, lol. But any of my AS could end up as her teacher and maybe try to help on the block thing.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » March 20th, 2019, 10:51 pm

Ravak shall happily do sword things; I'll write a starter tomorrow if you don't get to it first.
Image Image Image Image
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » March 21st, 2019, 2:29 pm

Starter posted: Scatterbrain.
Image Image Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik