The Hand of Justice [Attn: Liaran]

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: The Hand of Justice [Attn: Liaran]

Post by Bella » July 4th, 2021, 3:00 pm

The bonded Gaidin had burst through the gateway like a wave crashing through a break in a levee. They were bold but cautious. Even if they were nearly certain that no thread awaited them on the other side, it was drilled deep into every one of them that they were to act as if there was and be ready to respond accordingly.

Three blademasters, no less, would greet any issue before them. Ravak with his dual heron-marked blades. Haeden bearing his father's sword, taken back to its rightful owner inside the very manor they now sought to besiege. And Lysira, the tiniest of them all and the one most likely to rip someone's eye from its socket, with her emblazoned bow.

Really, only a considerable army waiting for them could stand a chance...and that was before the channelers to follow and the remaining warder to cover their rearguard.

If any wielders of the One Power would be ready for a fight, it was these three. Family all, of one name or another, on a mission to avenge the near-murder of one of their own... Really, overall, this was quite a formidable force that should be gathered and if one could pity the Dark One, this was the group to cause it.

Hiron, however, would receive none.
* * * The small group, almost disappointed in not having an enemy already to vanquish immediately, had been riding for roughly an hour. The weather was not pleasant, but it was generally temperate and without extreme. No rain or snow, but the sky was overcast. It was perhaps appropriate to the occasion.

Lysira nudged her horse a little closer to Miahala's. She was naturally maintaining her vigil but they did have a bit of a ride before them.

'I am once again driven to remark,' she began, guiding her steed with her knees--her bow in a special rest upon her saddle, which she'd had made specifically for her needs--as she signed, 'that I would that one of your children would not tower above me.' Her dark eyes flashed with humor even though she didn't smile. It was a dark occasion, but Mia was akin to a mother to her and she wished to see how she fared.

Mia did smile, that small economical way she had. 'The Creator controls such things, not I,' she signed back. 'But what of Iain? You are still taller than he.'

Lysira 'laughed'. It was a silent sound since she was incapable of sounds, but those who knew her could recognize it for what it was. 'He is still a child! And already half of me.'

'Not nearly so skilled with a bow.'

'Thank the Creator for small mercies, then.'

The women fell into a companionably silence as Lysira surveyed the land and people around them. She knew that her skills would be called on soon and she was ready, but she knew they all were. Her onyx gaze fell briefly on Liaran, knowing this was a woman that was, for all intents and purposes now even if not legally done, a part of the family. Lys made a mental note to get to know her more.
* * * Haeden, meanwhile, rode near to the Blue. She was his Aes Sedai and fiancée, after all, and she was also the one who knew this group the least. He was grateful for those who were now in attendance because their powers and abilities could make the difference in their mission today, but still, he knew they were pretty new to his lady love.

"How fare you?" he asked with that small, warm smile that he reserved for her alone. His voice was pitched low, for her ears only as the others rode slightly spread out to keep every point covered.
* * * Ravak had moved in closer to Miahala and Lysira shifted back to Jerid and Liana. Her horse, a pretty and well-trained little roan named Willow, moved smoothly with just the direction of the diminutive warder's legs. She fell in line with Jerid and cast that dark-eyed gaze in his direction. 'Quite the family outing,' she signed.

Jack
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Malcym Ashe

Post by Jack » August 4th, 2021, 7:44 am

Jerid was through the gateway, the last of the channelers, the male half of the Power trickling through him as a precaution. It was a habit born out of two hundred years of instinct, as natural as the grip on one of his long knives as he rode through the portal into another country.

And it was always uneasy when he did so, at least when he felt the bond. He knew the second Lys stepped through the gateway, the anxiety of being both close and far away. But Jerid had been last simply because he did not want surprises at the starting point: a dozen lethal weaves had already been at his proverbial fingertips.

Once across the threshold, his mood did not change much. And it was likely impossible to hide such things from Lysira.

Saidan still flowed through Jerid as he observed everyone. While he could hear everything around him, he maintained a mental discipline not to eavesdrop. He might have once been a thief, but privacy was still a well-respected tradition he respected. At least to some fashion.

He observed Haeden and Liaran, Miahala and Ravak ... each at their respective positions. He noted Lysira and then his daughter Liana who took up the fore, a bow at rest and a full quiver on her saddle.

After a bit, most of the Warders had drifted back to their respective charges and Liana farther back. The young Gaidin took after both mother and mother, sharp eyes and all.

When Lys drifted back to the Indigo and gave her silent comment, Jerid smiled for a heartbeat and responded in kind.

Such a family it is. And I’m proud to be part of it ...

Before Jerid could finish, his daughter had ridden up near Lysira and within a few seconds, the young redhead’s hands were flashing. Why don’t you two get a room in Caemlyn or a Domani pleasure house ... now, for love of the Creator.

It was fast enough for the couple to understand, but apparently the young Gaidin’s mind was faster. “I’m going to check ahead.” And as much urged her horse forward ahead of the group.

If Jerid were capable of blushing, it would’ve shown. That much translated across the bond.

She likes you, he signed. She wants both of us away from here, to enjoy our lives ... and her defending family. She grew up on legends of her mother, but she responded more to stories of you.

“She sees you as a mother,” he murmured before he ushered his horse forward. He found himself opposite Ravak with Miahala, his hands on the pommel of his saddle. It was wise for the Indigo to advertise the peaceful intent, hands away from his long knives.
“Lysira and I should be at the rear, where we can inflict the most damage,” he murmured. “Let her sing arrows and me call down fire and lightning. You do what’s best and render the earth. And as the Captain-General, order my daughter away to scout for potential reinforcements from behind.”
Jerid Walker Asha'man
"We all suffer. It's how we move past it that defines us."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » August 5th, 2021, 10:29 pm

As time passed, the larger group broke off into a few smaller ones, and Liaran saw Haeden moving closer to her. She smiled when she noticed him, but it was small and faint, lasting only seconds before she was forced to take her eyes off her Warder and return them to what was in front of her. Liaran nudged Seawind closer to Haeden's horse as she heard his question.

"I am....ready to be done with this," she told him honestly. With anyone else, that would have been all she said. To her Warder, however, she confided, "I want to arrive...and see Hiron dead for what he did to you. I believe I could kill him myself, and I'm not sure how I feel about that." She spoke quietly, wanting to be sure nobody else heard what she'd said. It was not something Liaran liked to admit, even to herself.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 9th, 2021, 11:07 pm

"You are but human, love," Haeden replied easily, his voice still pitched for her alone. "That you are uncertain as to your feelings about it show how human you remain, after all. But to what justice, even revenge, is not unnatural. If he could do such a thing to me, who knows what other dark deeds he has and may continue? It is our not just personal but our duty to see justice wrought. It is alright to feel at peace with that part, at least.
* * * Miahala glanced with an expression of amusement while still economic in its expense. "If you think you best at the rear, then see to it, Asha'man," she said with some levity. "We are not yet at a point where one must rally the group. We are, all of us, well trained and most of us well experienced beyond that rather than new trainees to each need specific direction.

"As to your daughter..." The Green glanced the warder's way briefly. "I understand your feelings, but I cannot order my son to do the same to protect him. Your daughter is a Gaidin. She needs to be where she will be most useful, and for now, that is her decision. Once we are closer and your warder-wife has gained us a lay of the land, we will discuss the plan further and establish what we will do then. For now, we ride."

Jack
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Malcym Ashe

Post by Jack » August 15th, 2021, 10:51 pm

Jerid chuckled from beneath his hood, a rare event for an emotionless Asha’man.

“Dear Sister, you are correct. My daughter is a Gaidin, and she will want to be in the thick of things.”

He sighed quietly. “She is so much like her mother, and me,” he murmured, looking up ahead at the young fire-haired Warder. “A pity you didn’t know her mother. You might have liked Sienna Calin.”

Jerid looked at Ravak across the Captain-General and smiled briefly. “So much like your Warder. She refused to keep me out of her sight ... “

His smile faded. Miahala likely knew why. The few Warders Jerid had either lived or died. And only had ever died. Lysira and Coresedai had survived him in some fashion ... and because he had left. Sienna had died, and only long enough to give birth to their daugether.

His gold-green eyes looked forward to the path ahead. “Do me a favor, old friend, for our friendship and the bridges our two Ajahs have forged over a century ... if I become a threat, deal with it accordingly.”

He looked briefly at the Green and smiled bittersweetly. “I’m getting worse, Miahala, slipping farther from the Pattern ... and I worry the day the golden-eyed demon takes over. I witnessed that once upon a Portal Stone ... “

Jerid shuddered. “I told you once that when the day came when I turned out to be like ... that Dreadlord who dared masterminded the Battle of Lights ...”

Jerid did not dare speak Lycos al'Sep’s name. He knew its impact, knew its legacy. Knew it would evoke emotions in both Miahala and Lysira if she heard it.

“Pity ... I could have been the M’Hael,” he muttered. “I would have been horrible at the job but still ...”

He nudged his mare gently and fell back toward Lys. He smiled from beneath his hood and flexed his fingers.

We’re in the front if you wish. His smile faded. Both knew that would probably be the case. Miahala was precious to them both and by extension everyone close to her.

The Indigo reached toward a slim bundle on the side of his saddle and handed it to his Warder.

Unwrapped, it revealed a sword, a cross between a rapier and a jian ... with a heron mark. A Power-wrought blade.

“It was the blade of Liona Kylessa Walker, a queen of the Caralain ... the last royal in the family before she abdicated in favor of another family ... “ He paused. She was like you if legend and history are correct ... he signed.

He nudged his horse clear to Lys ... enough to steal a kiss before moving away.

“It was one of two blades, twin to one I gave Liana en’Damier for her youngest daughter,” he murmured. “I was going to give you a bow, but you’d probably have broken my arm if I even touched the bloody thing to get a sense of your preference.”

He looked sideways at his Warder and a swell of pride crossed their bond. “I know your parents you be proud of you,” he murmured. His eyes flickered toward Miahala. “All four of them.”
Jerid Walker Asha'man
"We all suffer. It's how we move past it that defines us."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » August 17th, 2021, 10:10 pm

Liaran slowed Seawind down so that she could look at Haeden while he spoke. She couldn't manage it for long, but her dark eyes moved between Haeden beside her and the road in front of them. "You're right," she said to him. "Justice must be done, not only for you but for any others he may have harmed....the amount of planning Hiron put into his trap for you suggests to me that you were hardly his first intended victim." Liaran's expression was serious and grave as she looked into his eyes. She didn't really want to think about what Hiron Ives might have done to people less capable than her Warder.

"I think," she continued, "that I just need to remember that we are here to deal out justice and not personal revenge...it may be natural, but that doesn't make it right." She shook her head and looked back at the road, doing her best to focus on the task they had to accomplish.

Bella

Post by Bella » September 11th, 2021, 4:43 pm

They rode on for the day, watchful and tense, although still taking those moments to talk with one another and embrace the familiarity and the connections that were between them all. Although Liaran may not have known them all personally, they all accepted her warmly into their fold as Haeden's Aes Sedai and wife-to-be. The same undercurrent of anticipation and preparation hummed within and between them for what they knew was coming, for what they had to do and for the risks that came with it.

Today, however, was about more than just ridding the world of evil. That was their duty, bound into them by the Grey Tower. Beyond that, however, it was about protecting their family. That would always make it even more.

"We're close enough," Haeden declared. In this case, 'close enough' wasn't that close, but they didn't want to be too near the manor and risk being spotted. This was a reasonable place to stop so that they could properly scout ahead, see what they could about the manor and its surrounding grounds now. Had anything changed since Hiron and his minion had tried to kill him? They would have to find that out.

It was late afternoon, but the sun wasn't yet hinting at setting. This meant they still had at least a few hours before dark, and depending on what they would discover now, they could then make their plan.

"We'll make camp here while Lysira moves ahead," Miahala said, somewhat the de facto leader of the group given that she was as old as dirt and had been fighting battles for that long besides. (One could say since birth given her ferocious, headstrong mother and her had never gotten along. That was how she had ended up at the Grey Tower in the first place.) She looked between Liaran and Jerid. "We could use a ward to help our other warders in making sure no one sneaks up on us," she said. "I never had much skill in it."

Lysira's dark eyes were stealing a long glance at Jerid before she nodded at Miahala and slipped off with near preternatural speed. Meanwhile, Ravak, Haeden and Cait moved to check the perimeter of where they would be waiting.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » October 15th, 2021, 10:38 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran spent most of the rest of the long ride quiet and contemplating what lay ahead of them all. She answered when she was addressed and carried on a few brief conversations, but that was all she could manage to do while paying attention to her riding. Not long after they rode into lands that seemed vaguely familiar, Haeden announced that it was time to stop. The Aes Sedai directed Seawind away from the path where they'd been riding on to stand in the nearby grass. Once there, she climbed out of the saddle with more relief than she wanted to admit to feeling.

Eventually, the Warders left to look around the area, leaving Liaran with the other two channelers. It surprised her to hear Miahala, known to be one of the strongest women in the Tower, request that one of them put up a Ward. At first, Liaran said nothing. Warding wasn't a Talent of hers either. She could only guess that the Asha'man lacked it as well, as he was also silent. Liaran turned her head to study their surroundings, trying to decide whether she could possibly handle creating any sort of Ward here without exhausting herself . Sighing, she touched the angreal she'd nearly forgotten she wore, then looked towards Miahala.

"I can make one," she offered quietly, "but it won't be very large." She let a few moments pass to be sure the other woman had heard her, then reached for saidar through the angreal. She could count the number of times she'd used one on the fingers of one hand, but Liaran didn't allow the increased amount of the One Power she held to distract her from her task. The Ward she used was a simple one she'd learned as a novice, since she'd never studied them further, but it would do what they needed it to do. As she'd warned, the weaves of Spirit touched with Air that she wove formed a rather tight circle around them, but it would have to be enough.

She tied off the weave and let go of saidar, saying, "If anyone tries to cross through the Ward other than one of the Warders, it will ring like a bell to alert us." She looked away from the other two then, standing beside her horse as they waited for the Warders to return.

Bella

Post by Bella » November 5th, 2021, 11:59 pm

It was more than an hour, perhaps two, before the tiny Gaidin returned.

Although it was not yet dusk, the sun was beginning to lower in the sky. There would only be another couple of hours of daylight left, and there would be the decision before them as to whether or not they should wait for new light before they launched their attack. To determine that, however, would heavily depend on what Lysira was going to say.

"If they have any word of trouble coming," Lysira began, signing her words and being translated aloud for the rest by her bond-mate, "then there is no obvious sign. The number of guards and patrols seem to go in line with the average security for a manor of this size and an estate of this wealth." It was, after all, a known fact that money bred paranoia.

She continued, "Hiron is there, as best I can tell from Haeden's description. I think there is a handful of other nobles visiting him, judging by what I saw through the windows. The watch changed once while I was watching, but none of the guards strike me as particularly vigilant, which naturally is to our benefit. There are archer windows along the line of the roof. I couldn't tell if they are manned now or are just available for emergencies. If they are more than architecture in the first place.

"There are numerous servant entrances and exits toward the back, both through the stables and not. The stables seem less patrolled, though there are several stable-boys. All young and probably not up for a fight from a group like this."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » November 18th, 2021, 11:32 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran stood still and listened, wanting to be as ready as she could for what had to be done. This was like nothing she'd ever done before, and she was determined that any difficulties they might encounter would not be caused by a lack of attention on her own part. The Aes Sedai hardly moved at all as she concentrated on learning what all of them needed to know. Only when the Gaidin had finished describing what she'd seen did Liaran allow herself to try to remember anything useful she might have noticed during her and Haeden's previous visit to the manor.

Having not felt threatened for the majority of their visit, Liaran hadn't seen any reason to concern herself with details such as the number of guards or the security around the manor. It simply hadn't seemed important at the time. It occurred to her now that that had been a mistake, one she resolved to herself to correct on future trips away from the Tower. Deep in thought, Liaran tilted her head and frowned slightly, ignoring the others as she continued to go over what she could recall. Eventually, she stood straight again and listened to what the others had to say before offering the only memory she had that might be at all helpful.

"While Haeden and I were there, I didn't see any archers in the windows," she said. "I can't be sure, but I would guess they either are not occupied at all times or are just decorative, as the Gaidin said." She looked in her own Warder's direction, hoping Haeden would add anything he had observed that she had not.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik