New beginnings [ATTN: Tamora]

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Nani
"The Shadow Rising"
PC: Athilin Mansarn

New beginnings [ATTN: Tamora]

Post by Nani » August 25th, 2020, 12:41 am

Silas Valin
It was supposed to be just a regular run along the borders, check for enemy troops moving along their borders. But that day was nothing like what it was supposed to be. It started out rainy and depressing, and the ride through the country side was dismal. But he kept his men in line, kept them on task and focused. Not that it helped them any. They were camped out for the night, patrols set and ready to go. He was doing a last round to check on his people, and had his armor off but his sword on his hip and his shield on his back. It was upside down on his back, but that just made it easy to get on his arm that way.

He was moving between his men, when he felt like they were being watched. With the rain, it was difficult to see, and he settled on his bed roll feeling uneasy. Perhaps it was the rain, but it could have just been the way things had been going recently where everything was just... going awfully. It felt like his eyes had only been closed for a brief moment, when he heard the sounds of alarm. He grabbed his sword and shield, getting them both in hand and ran out of his tent into the early morning light. Dawn was soft, but the carnage before him was not. His hair was pulled back into a messy tail at the crown of his head, and his boots weren't on. He ran on the wet grass, the rain stopping sometime during the night.

Silas interposed himself between the enemy and one of his men. He felt the spear slam against his shield, and he snarled as he pushed back. The enemy looked familiar, but he didn't have long to recognize what nationality he was before he was put on the defensive. He parried with the shield, before he attacked with the long sword in hand. He heard the squelch of boot in the wet grass and tilted his body backwards to avoid the spear coming for his shoulder. It pierced his opponent, and he slashed across the new opponent's body, and shoved the first man back.

They were Aiel if their clothing was any indication but it was all dark as if they were trying to be shadows, and he knew that this was going to be difficult no matter how he tried this. He roamed from fight to fight, protecting his men, helping create distance and confusion for the enemy. His men circled up and fought hard. However, their small squad was no match for the group of Aiel in front of them. An hour after after the assaulted started, he was the last one left standing, wavering on his feet. He had no idea if they were going to take him prisoner or if he was going to be killed. He heard someone approaching him from behind and even with his his exhaustion, he whirled around, spinning with his sword. The opponent that approached him jumped back from the weapon, and Silas staggered down to one knee. He dug his shield into the ground, trying to get back to his feet. It was not to be, as he was pierced by three spears, two in his sides, and one in his upright thigh. He howled in pain, before he collapsed and stopped moving. He was still breathing but bleeding out quickly.
Image Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

Re: New beginnings [ATTN: Tamora]

Post by Lou » August 26th, 2020, 11:36 am

"Would you like me to send for an Accept, Aes Sedai?"

Pinching the bridge of her nose, Tamora shook her head to Marie, her maid, who was stood in the door to her chambers. She had no idea if there was a storm brewing, or it was a change in the atmosphere, but her head was killing her. And had been since she had woken up that morning. Admittedly, she should not be pouring over the maps of the Boarderlands with such a headache, but she had to keep herself busy. Busy, busy busy. If she stopped before she was at exhaustion point she would think, and when she thought her emotions came flooding back in, and that was never a good thing. So best to suffer a headache and be able to sleep that night, or so she hoped.

"No, Marie, but some of that tea you make would be very welcome." She said, not looking up, her eyes still closed as she increased the tension of her fingers at the point where her nose and eyebrows met.

"Of course, Aes Sedai." The woman said before slipping out the room and closing the door behind her.

Tam released her fingers, and let her hand move to lay on the table. Taking a deep breath she opened here eyes and looked back down at the Map of Kandor, her careful lines marking how far south the Blight was working. It was too much. The Blight had gone crazy with activity, and it gave Tamora a worried feeling in the pit of her stomach. Sighing she picked up her quill, though as soon as she had been about to dip her quill into the ink pot a queer feeling came over her and nausea rolled in her stomach.

"He lays dying, the last soldier, the last son. Wounded by foes from no nation, an old enemy. His guilt a wound that can not be Healed." She could see him, in her mind, laying there, dying, in a Cairhienin uniform, hair pulled back as he lay face first in the dirt. There were other dead there too. She realised she knew the place as she stood, knocking her chair back and onto the floor. She needed to get to him, to save this soldier.

Touching the moleskin pouch at her waist and feeling the ivory sword angriel in there, she embraced Saidar, and made a gateway a feet from the floor and the Saldean rugs. It opened far to the west from where she stood, and after a moment she walked through.

Tamora continued to embrace Saidar, defensive weaves ready to cast at a moments notice as she looked around her. There were bodies all over, two Cairhienin for every Aiel. Her eyes scanned around until she found the man she had seen in her Foretelling, after all that was what it had been, before moving quickly over to him.

She knelt, not caring for the blood soaked mud that stained her skirts, as she rolled the man over to see what wounds he had taken. He was handsome, she noted, though that was hardly important now. She could see three wounds, and she hoped she could do enough to keep him alive until she could get him back to the Tower. She wove a Ward enough them to keep them safe to start with, before she Delved into him, and noted what she could do. The two in his side she could do little except close the wounds, but it was the wound in his thigh that was killing him. She used her limited knowledge of Healing, while holding her angriel to stop that from losing any more blood.

She did not notice the blood on her hands, or the smudge she had brushed onto her cheek either in her concentration.
Image Image Image

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Nani » August 27th, 2020, 3:15 am

Silas Valin
If this was dying it was taking way too long. He had faced death every time he went out. Every battle he fought in, every time he trained with sharpened weapons. Death was a constant and true companion. But this was almost more akin to torture. He just wanted to release his body to the weave. Let the world weave his spirit back into the tapestry. Join his family again. But in the early morning light, he was rolled over, and he saw the woman, dark haired, angelic. So this was how he was going to go... with one last look at something beautiful. What a fitting epitath. His hand was slack around his sword handle and his shield was only still on his arm because of the strapping. He watched her smudge blood and mud onto her face, though he wasn't sure she knew she had done it.

The sky was spinning around her, and his limbs felt so heavy. Silas was cold as if she had doused him in ice water, and as he left his sword in the bloody mud, he slowly wiped it off on his shirt, before he reached up to wipe the blood from her cheek. He figured he should say something... anything. If this was going to be the last thing he ever saw, he didn't want this beautiful woman to be sad. He couldn't stand if he was the reason someone was sad. "H-hey now... don't... be so sad... It's just my... time..." He whispered. "Thank you... for not... leaving me alone..." His hand dropped from her cheek, and landed with a dull thump against his stomach. His eyes rolled closed as he passed out, pale and barely breathing.

He vaguely recalled being moved and jostled, but when he finally returned to consciousness, he was left feeling... refreshed with no pain what so ever. He felt weak either way, and opened his eyes, looking to the side. This room wasn't familiar, and as he sat up, his hand went instictively to his side, feeling no wound there. He glanced down at his body, seeing no scar, and no evidence of his wounds. He looked around, seeing the same dark haired woman from before. "I'm dead aren't I? I've died and gone back to the weave."
Image Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » August 27th, 2020, 5:44 pm

When his eyes opened and he looked up at her, she made sure not to let him out her off her weaving. The training she had receive at the Grey Tower helped for such things, and she continued to try and keep him from dying before her. She had no idea why he was so important that the Wheel had sent her a Foretelling about him, but it had. And here she was, trying to save his life as he reached up a hand to her cheek, as if he was trying to wipe something from her face. His words though, she looked down to him, and frowned a little, a small crease appearing between her eyebrows. "No need to be so dramatic, you will be fine." She was not usually so blunt and gruff sounding, but it was hard to focus with those blue eyes on her.

Once she had gotten his as stable as she was able, she used Air to levitate his body up off the cold ground, and with her hand still around the small sword angriel she made a gateway to the Grey Tower, to a place where most casualties were brought into the Yellow Infirmary. She called for help, and was glad when Barad and Miara came to help her, and took over the mans care. She had made sure to pick up his sword and shield, before the gateway closed on the grisly scene behind her.

She had gone to change into a deep purple dress, her hair was dressed in braids and mostly down, as she sat down in the private room where her soldier was recovering. She had a small book in her hand, which was reading until a voice sounded off to the side. She looked up sharply, and met the blue eyed stare of the man in the bed.

"If you had gone back into the Weave, would you have woken in bed?" She asked him, a small smile on her lips. "How do you feel?"
Image Image Image

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Nani » August 29th, 2020, 2:12 am

Silas Valin
It was the same woman he recalled from his near death experience. "But... My wounds... no man could have survived though..." He said softly, making sure that the sheet was properly covering his waist and hips. "And there's just no marks. I've got plenty of scars from other injuries that have healed... How else would I be able to explain this?" He asked, as he looked around the room. It was sparsely decorated, and he saw his sword and shield in the corner with the remains of his clothing. He leaned back against the wall, shifting his body, and feeling how nothing hurt. It was a new feeling, at least he always felt stiff and headachey because of a hangover from drinking extensively when he was off duty.

"So where am I?" He asked, shifting to sit cross legged. His hair was still a bit unkempt, and he was feeling grimy despite being healed up. "And once we're done here... can I get a bath somewhere?" He looked down at his hands, seeing a little bit of blood underneath his fingernails. He really needed to clean up. Silas rubbed his arms, feeling more like himself for the first time in years. But it wouldn't stick around for long.
Image Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » September 6th, 2020, 6:46 pm

Tamora was not one to take advantage of a wounded man, but she could not help admiring the view as he moved the sheet to make sure nothing slipped any lower. Cairhein's were so modest and proper, except on that one night a year when the whole nation seemed to let itself go. She had been there for it once, and she had never looked at the peoples in the same way again. "You have been Healed, that is how it is explained." She said simply, leaning forward slightly on her chair. "Allow me to introduce myself, it may help clear some things up. I am Tamora el'Galina of the Green Ajah of the Grey Tower." She said all this slowly, letting it sink in, not sure of how much he was playing attention to.

"You are in our Infirmary, inside the Grey Tower. This was where I brought you after I had found you. They saved your life." She told him, watching as he rubbed his arms and asked about a bath. "You will have a chance to wash and dress soon, though they will need you to eat something first. Much of the strength of Healing comes from the person who was Healed, so you need to eat to replenish your reserves." She had down played her own part in saving his life. She had slowed the bleeding, if little else, and she did not want to answer the awkward questions of how she had found him in the middle of nowhere.
Image Image Image

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Nani » September 21st, 2020, 9:38 pm

Silas Valin
Silas listened to what she told him, nodding as appropriate. And as if a candle had been lit, his eyes went wide as he realized what was going on. He knew exactly where he was, and exactly what had occured. "You..." He cleared his throat before he bowed as much as his seated position allowed him to. "Thank you for the rescue Sedai. I clearly would not be here without your assistance, and I appreciate it immensely." He paused, sitting upright again, about to open his mouth when someone in black bustled in, saw that he was awake and talking before he bustled back out and closed the door behind him.

"Those roads were abandoned... It was a side road between our highways, and we were patrolling... How did you find me?" He asked, before he realized that those questions seemed rather rude all things ocnsidered. "Ah, I mean I'm grateful.... no one wants to die, but I've gotta be honest, I didn't shy away from it when it faced me head on." He rubbed his hands together, one of his nervous habits from his younger days that he hadn't been able to shake. But it usually only showed itself when he was talking with a woman or he was worried about sounding proper.

"And I have a duty to my country..." His voice was low before he looked up at the door opening again and a tray of food was laid out before him. "Uh... Thanks." He said to the Soldier who just nodded back and headed on back out. On his heels was a woman dressed in white, who carried a tea service, pouring for both the Aes Sedai and him, and then she left as well. He glanced down at the food before he looked back at the womanw ho had rescuded him. "Do you... want some of this?" Silas didn't want to be rude and eat without her having some of her own.
Image Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » September 28th, 2020, 4:13 pm

Tamora could feel his blue eyes on her as she spoke, and he did not seem to look away either. She looked at him, and meeting his eyes before looking away a moment later. She found his eyes a little startling, so very blue and almost going against his darker colouring. But he was handsome, and no way around that, but she was no blushing virgin who would stutter over a pair of nice eyes and very nice shoulders. She nodded to his thanks, and offered him a rare smile, rare for these days anyway. "You are very welcome, Silas, I am simply glad that your body took the Healing I offered, as I am not very good at it, I have little talent in that way." She told him, before he began to speak of the roads and asking how she had found him.

That was a question she did not want to answer right now, but she was spared it by the intrusion of one of the Dedicated who had stuck their head in and darted back out. "It is a rare person who will face death in such a way. To not welcome it, but will face it when it comes nonetheless." She said, as she knew that feeling, she did it every time she faced down Shadowspawn, Darkfriends or even Whitecloaks. The list was endless of those who would like to kill an Aes Sedai, and especially one of the Green Ajah as they would rush out to meet them at the Last Battle.

Before she could say more, there was a tray of food brought in, and laid on a table for him to start to eat. Tea was poured, and she nodded to the Novice who curtsied and hurried away. Tamora picked up her cup, and inhaled the scent of cloudberry, one of her favourites. She sipped her tea, and looked back to him as he asked her to share his food. "Oh, no thank you, it is all for you. You will need it too restore your strength. Healing comes from your own body, and as such you need to replace it with food. I doubt there will be a crumb left on that plate." Well, plates, but who was counting.

"I am fine with the tea. And please, call me Tamora for the moment, I do not see why we should be so formal with you half naked in a bed." She could not help the grin at that, but that was who she was. She sipped her tea to hide most of it, before he saw, and settled back a little more into her chair. "Would you tell me about yourself?"
Image Image Image

Nani
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Nani » September 30th, 2020, 2:27 pm

Silas Valin
Silas glanced down at his body, choosing to start in on his food instead of the tea. "Well I think you did just fine all things considered... Don't think I have anything to compare it against... but I'm here so you clearly did something right." He said with a small nod, holding the bowl of soup to his lips to drink from it directly. He was careful not to go too fast so that he didn't burn himself. "I wish I could say that I do it because I have no regard for death... but I..." Silas clears his throat, before he distracts himself with food once more, enjoying the hearty spread given to him. The effect wasn't instant, but he was feeling better, less weak and more capable of what he had been before.

However her pointing out that he was half naked in the bed while they talked caused him to flush, as if he hadn't really thought about the inappropriateness of it. It wasn't like it was the one day a year where things took a complete turn for debauchery, this was just a normal day... though everything that had happened to him was far from normal. He tore into the bread, pulling the sheets more securely around his waist to make sure he wasn't doing anything inappropriate for the woman who had saved his life. He chewed quickly before he swallowed his mouthful. "Well Tamora... I've been a little remiss in my own introductions... I'm Silas Valin of the Cairhienin army, Sergeant First Class." He puased to dip the bread into the stew that had also been brought for him. "First of my family to be named Silas and likely the last of my family to just... exist." His tone was bitter and he sipped on the tea, enjoying the gentle warmth that did nothing much to unfreeze that knot in his chest.

"I've been a soldier my whole life. I followed in my father's footsteps, and when he passed on, became head of my household... not that it did them any good in the long run. Though I did protect them when needed from unsavour kinds." He looked down at the food, realizing he was powering through much of this faster then he though, unsure if it was because he was ravenously hungry or if it was just the military part of him that didn't know how long he would have to eat. "I've become incredibly proficient in sword and shield, though I'm not useless without my weapons."

He took a moment to eat more, before he looked down at his hands. "I should write to my commander, let him know that I'm alive... even if I'm the last of the company I took out..." His voice was low and he craved alcohol but he would have to wait for medical clearance before he was back to his old habits. He knew that he could just leave himself dead to the army. He didn't have anything to go back to anyway, not with his family gone. Only thing he had was his family home, and honestly... he could do without the reminders. His most important posessions were in a small pouch on the back of his shield anyway, and it wasn't like his family had been particularliy wealthy.
Image Image

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » October 2nd, 2020, 7:49 pm

Tamora did not reply to him as he pointed out that she had done enough to keep him alive, but she did nod her head to him. She knew her healing was hardly good enough for the battlefield, but then her talents did not lie that way. She knew her Mother would have preferred that she had been pulled to the Grey Ajah, something safer than the Green, but Tamora had never been one to play it safe, not since she had been kidnapped as a teenager and her love killed. And in some ways she knew what it was to court death, and not at the same time. She was in no hurry to die, but when she did, she vowed she would take as many with them as she could.

Watching him eat with a ravenous appetite made her smile, and she sipped her tea daintily by comparison. When he finally gave her his full name, she smiled to him and nodded her head. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Sergeant First Class Silas Valin." She did not move to shake his hand or any such thing, but she would make sure his name was written on his chart before she left the infirmary. "And I am sorry to hear about your family. And if we are going for full ranks, then I am Tamora el Galina, of House Galina in Mayene, and Aes Sedai to the Green Ajah." She held up a hand to him, "But please, while we are in this room, Tamora is fine. If I may call you Silas?" She asked him, and took another sip of her tea.

SHe listened as he spoke of his family, of how he let them down, and then nodded as he spoke of his skill with sword and shield. That was interesting to hear, and an idea came to her. She waited until he had eaten a little more, and after he had mentioned contacting his commander to let him know he had lived. "You have served your nation until the verge of death, I believe they could have asked no more of you." She began to try and pick her words carefully, giving nothing away as she did. "Maybe it is time for you to swear your word to a higher power than just a king who wishes to get fat off the backs of people like yourselves?"

SHe placed her cup and saucer down onto a small table and stood. "Here in the Grey Tower, we are always looking for those with the skills and determination to face death in the eye to defeat the minions of the Father of Lies. You have givden your life to your country, why not come and serve a higher calling?"
Image Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik