Family Ties [Attn: Liaran Sedai]

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Family Ties [Attn: Liaran Sedai]

Post by Bella » December 6th, 2019, 11:21 pm

Haeden sat in the shared sitting room positioned between his and Liaran's sleeping quarters in the bonded section of the Blue Ajah Halls.

There on the table was an opened letter with the sword and ivy cross embossed into the wax seal. It had been a while since he'd heard from the noble house of his father's family in Arafel, but he was still a member of the family. Despite denouncing his claim on the title of lord, he was still an Ives. Being a Gaidin of the Grey Tower afforded him some distinguished status as part of the family as well, even as just a "regular" family member.

Presently, he was alone in the apartment. Liaran was teaching, but his own instructor's book was surprisingly empty this afternoon. It gave him plenty of time to consider the invitation that he was tapping his strong but slender fingers against. On the upside, she was due back soon and he could get her opinion on it.

Given he was struggling to figure out what his own was.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: Family Ties [Attn: Liaran Sedai]

Post by Alianora » December 8th, 2019, 2:17 am

Liaran Sedai
Out in the Channeling Yards, a series of fireballs streaked past Liaran's watching eyes before falling to the ground a good distance away from the tree her student had meant to hit. Smoke rose from where the fireballs had landed, small flames flickering to life before the Aes Sedai extinguished them with a thin thread of Water. Once that was dealt with, she walked to where her Accepted student stood near the entrance.

"That's enough for today, Nora," she told the woman. "You did well; tomorrow we'll continue working on your accuracy." With the Accepted beside her, Liaran left the Channeling Yards behind her to head back into the Tower itself. Once they were inside, Nora gave her a shaky curtsy before scurrying away, and Liaran moved towards the Blue Ajah halls. The Accepted had been her last student of the day, freeing her to return to the apartment she and Haeden shared.

Without the need to give all of her attention to her students, Liaran let herself become more aware of the tangle of Haeden's feelings in the back of her mind. Their bond told her he was already home, and that his emotions were somehow conflicted, though Liaran couldn't quite identify how or why. It made her frown as she moved through the halls as quickly as she could manage while keeping to the dignity expected of an Aes Sedai.

Arriving at their apartment, she opened the door and gently pushed aside the grey-muzzled dog who always ran to greet her. Shadow got a pat on the head as Liaran crossed the room and sat down beside Haeden. She turned her head to look up at him, still not quite sure what was going on in his mind, though she could tell that there was some confusion in his thoughts.

"Do you want to talk?" she offered quietly. Though he was her Warder, and even more than that, Liaran refused to allow their relationship to interfere with his right to privacy, even from her. So she asked, and if he said no, she would respect his wishes and let him be.

Bella

Post by Bella » December 23rd, 2019, 1:04 am

Haeden felt the approach of his Aes Sedai, and it made him smile--even if a bit distractedly.

When the door open, he lifted his vibrant green eyes to her--his father's eyes--and offered that small smile to her. "With you?" he said. "Always." He gestured at the open parchment on the table. "This is from House Ives in Arafel. I haven't been back since I renounced my claim to the title. I am still family, however.

"I have been invited to the naming day celebration of the new lord's first son," he explained. "It is an honor, in its way, and it's nice to be remembered even though I have distanced myself...but I'm not sure if I should go or not."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » December 23rd, 2019, 11:11 pm

Liaran Sedai
Still seated, Liaran repositioned herself in order to move just a little closer to Haeden. She leaned forward to look at the problematic invitation on the table. After giving it some thought, the Aes Sedai lifted her head to meet her Warder's eyes. "What makes you think you shouldn't go?" she asked him. "I think your family is trying to reach out to you and make you feel welcome."

With another brief glance at the paper, she added, "And I may be wrong, but something like the naming day of a child doesn't sound like such a formal event that they'd be obligated to send invitations out to every single family member. Since you've been invited, I'd guess it's because your family wants you there."

Looking into his eyes again, Liaran continued, "I can't tell you what to do, but I also worry that if you choose not to go, you might regret it later. And if you do go, and wish you hadn't, you can always come up with an excuse to leave early, can't you?"

She turned away from Haeden then as an idea occurred to her, gazing vaguely into the sitting room without really looking at anything. She ran through her schedule in her mind, inwardly considering the possibility of rearranging it.

After thinking through it for a while, Liaran placed all of her attention back on Haeden. "When would you have to leave? If you'd be more comfortable, and if it wouldn't inconvenience your family, I might be able to go with you." she suggested. "Though I understand if it's something you'd prefer to do alone." She smiled at Haeden, hoping she'd managed to be helpful.

Bella

Post by Bella » January 5th, 2020, 10:51 pm

He listened to her points, nodding idly as he thought through what she said and what she had been thinking before that. It was her last thought, however, that made his smile deepen. He stretched her arm across the table between them, open invitation for her to put hers into it.

"I would--" He stumbled over a specific word, but for some reason, it made his smile warmer. "I would very much enjoy you being with me, and I don't think I would truly consider going if you hadn't been able or willing to make the journey with me."

Haeden's eyes drifted back down to the paper. "The celebration is in just over a week's time. With the use of a Gateway, we wouldn't have to leave for another few days. I would leave a bit early, to visit with my family if I decide to be there." He paused. "I'm not really sure why not, except I simply haven't seen them for so long. I feel a touch...awkward."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » January 6th, 2020, 11:18 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran reached for Haeden's hand where it lay on the table, entwining her fingers with his. "If you want me there with you...I don't think I could ever tell you no," she said softly, fixing her dark eyes on him. "I would not leave you to go alone unless you asked it of me." She needed him to know that, and for a while, Liaran just watched him.

She thought for a while about what Haeden had said, eventually breaking the silence by speaking again. "As for you feeling awkward, it might be a little, but they did invite you," she reasoned. "It's not as if you'd just be showing up at their door out of nowhere. And I'll be there with you, you won't have to face them by yourself."

She squeezed his hand gently. "Just let me know what you decide. As long as I have a couple days to make arrangements for my classes, I can be ready to leave at any time." Smiling at her Warder, who was still studying the invitation, Liaran wished he would look up so he could see it.

Bella

Post by Bella » January 24th, 2020, 7:01 pm

And he did after a few moments more. Her smile warmed him and he nodded. "I cannot properly express my appreciation for that," he said, feeling that same warmth filling every corner of his being. "I..." He began, eyes flickering between the invitation and then back to her lovely face as she sat observing him. "I think I would like to go. It would be good, I think, to see the family of my father again."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » January 26th, 2020, 10:09 pm

Liaran Sedai
While she would never have tried to influence Haeden's decision, his choice to go was the one Liaran had been hoping he'd make. "I'm glad you feel able to go, and and I'll be happy to travel there with you," she said. She looked into his eyes, still smiling. "Just tell me where I need to be, and when," she told him, "and I will be there." She spoke seriously, as committed to supporting Haeden in this as her Warder was to her.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 29th, 2020, 2:29 am

Two Days Later...

It hadn't taken long for Haeden and Liaran to arrange their schedules to accommodate the trip. After all, the pair had comparatively few obligations outside of one another and their general service to the Grey Tower. It was mostly training lessons and classes for the both of them, and it didn't require a great deal of warning to reassign those for a short time.

So it was that the pair of them walked into the Traveling Yards two days later, horses tacked up and saddlebags fastened. It was just about midday now, but Haeden knew that the weather in Arafel was likely to be good during this season and offered a luncheon on the road instead of at the Tower before their departure.

Haeden mounted his horse and pulled his sword, glancing at Liaran with a smile and a single nod. I'll see you on the other side, the look in his green eyes flashed before he rode forward to the slash of silver light.

The Gateway gaped before him and he spurred Ashe on. The horse moved at a resolute pace--not rushing headlong but not dallying either. It wasn't good to be late to a battle nor to fall stupidly into one, after all. The pair entered one side and emerged halfway across the nations, landing on the soil that half the green-eyed Gaidin's blood sang to.

Arafel. Home of my father.

Thoughts of Caden Ives always summoned that familiar ache, but the color of it had tinged to bittersweet over the years, which was an improvement from just plain bitter.

Everything was quiet outside, however, despite what his inward feelings might be. The sun was high in the sky, and the wind was cool and steady. No sense--be it sight, smell, sound, or that 'extra' perception the bond granted--suggested any hint of danger, no matter how hard he looked for it...so he deemed it safe for his Aes Sedai to follow him through and he nudged Ashe out of the way.

He spun the horse to face the Gateway, watching Liaran emerge several heartbeats later and feeling his heart swell in response.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » March 2nd, 2020, 11:21 pm

Liaran Sedai
With Seawind's reins in one hand, Liaran watched as the silvery Gateway rotated into place before them. She returned Haeden's smile as he mounted his horse and rode through. As he and the horse disappeared, the Aes Sedai shook her head, never once taking her eyes off the Gateway. The sense of Haeden that was always present in the back of her mind had faded abruptly now that he was halfway across the continent from her. She was used to the suddenness of that feeling by now, but it often left her just a little uncomfortable as she waited.

Dropping the reins, Liaran turned to her horse and climbed into the saddle, and when enough time had passed with no warning from Haeden, the Aes Sedai gave Seawind a nudge and passed though the Gateway herself. She smiled at the sight of her Warder waiting for her, relieved to be beside him once more no matter how fleeting the separation had been. She let Seawind walk forward until they stood beside Haeden and his horse, then gave the reins a sharp tug to make the mare stop.

Liaran lifted her head to look into Haeden's green eyes. "How are you feeling, now that we're here?" she asked him quietly. She could have relied on the bond between them to provide her with the answer to that question, but she never considered it, wanting to show Haeden she cared in a more direct way.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik