Family Ties [Attn: Liaran Sedai]

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Family Ties [Attn: Liaran Sedai]

Post by Bella » May 31st, 2020, 11:12 pm

"I honestly don't know," Haeden replied with an apologetic smile. "We will not have to stay long at any event we do not wish to, though. I will at least make an appearance, show good faith and that I want congenial ties with my kin, but there's only so much I'll subject either you or myself to anything that is tedious or unpleasant."

He took another bite of his apple, but watched her sidelong as he chewed. He liked looking at her face, and he afforded himself the luxury of doing so for a few moments before he continued.

"Hiron has had it, oh, a little less than ten years now," he said thoughtfully as he worked to recall the details of what he'd heard from the manor over the years since his father's death. "He was unmarried at the time and was a few years before that took place. I believe I was invited, but I was not able to attend. Now he has a child, though. An heir to celebrate."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » June 4th, 2020, 1:13 am

Liaran Sedai
Liaran nodded while she continued to eat, directing her attention to her food. After a few more bites, she looked towards Haeden again and said, "I hope you know that I'll go wherever you ask me to go, for as long as you feel you need to stay." She wanted him to know she was there to support him, and while she believed he already knew that, Liaran didn't think a reminder would do any harm. For a moment or two, she did nothing but study him, enjoying this time spent entirely alone with her Warder.

Silently, she wondered what it would be like to have a family, even raise children. Until she'd met Haeden, that sort of life had never interested her. She still wasn't sure it did, but there was no denying that the thought was more appealing to her now than it would once have been. Liaran blinked, realizing that she was still watching Haeden, and looked down to take another bite from her plum.

Nearly finished with the piece of fruit, Liaran added, "Your young relative is very lucky, I think, to be born to a family so eager to welcome him."

Bella

Post by Bella » June 6th, 2020, 6:38 pm

Haeden smiled wryly. "Perhaps, but it may be as much celebrating an heir to carry the name as it is about a new member of the family." That sounded cynical, and he knew it...but he didn't correct himself. He was fairly sure that he wasn't wrong, after all, although maybe he was being unjust. He didn't really know Hiron at all.

"Now, if you want to see a family who brings every new member in with true celebration and love," he went on, a little more cheerfully as he waved his half-eaten apple like punctuation. "You should meet my mother's family. Despite the titles she holds now, she was born very simply on a farm. Name of no reknown but for good horses. Very..." He paused and chuckled. "Fertile family.

"Mother is one of six. I'm her fifth. Generations have been born and lived on that farm, and they still own it. Despite none of her siblings living now, they all know me and my little brother. They always greet us so warmly..." He looked off at the horizon, idly surveying the trees in that constant but low-key vigilance. "Saldaea probably would've been a better trip."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 7th, 2020, 8:51 pm

Liaran Sedai
The hereditary titles of shorebound nobility were something Liaran had never been able to understand. She frowned, troubled by the idea that the child they'd be visiting might be valued only for the name he would bear. It seemed to her to be a terrible way to view a child, and instead of saying anything, she finished the plum she was eating in an effort to distract herself.

Haeden soon turned the topic to his mother's family, speaking of them affectionately. Liaran smiled as she listen to him talk. It pleased her to hear that he had been able to keep a relationship with at least part of his extended family. When he spoke of visiting Saldaea, Liaran shrugged and said, " Why don't we visit there sometime, if your family would have us? There's no reason not to, and I'd like to meet the family you know better."

Bella

Post by Bella » June 14th, 2020, 7:41 pm

A broad, warm smile spread across Haeden's face at her words as the thought of bringing her to meet his mother's boisterous, huge, loving family came to his mind. He smiled a lot around her, but he wasn't usually one for full face smiles like this. It just wasn't his nature. He'd been a solemn boy for long years after the death of his parents, and it had kinda just...stuck.

Now, he smiled though. "I would love that," he said with as much sincerity as he'd said anything in his life. "And I know they'd love to meet you."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 15th, 2020, 10:16 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran never tired of seeing Haeden smile, especially when it was directed at her. "We'll arrange it when we get back then," she said to him with a bright smile of her own. "I don't know if I'll be able to leave again immediately, but we can at least make plans, and have another journey to anticipate." For a short time, she sat still, looking at Haeden, happy to know that he wanted her to meet his family.

Once she stopped studying her Warder, Liaran turned her head to consider the food still laid out in front of them. She wasn't very hungry any longer, and with another ride ahead of her, decided it might be best not to eat anything else. Casually, she reached towards Haeden, resting a hand on his knee. While she waited patiently for him to finish, her thoughts ran through her mind, thoughts of him, of herself, and of the nature of family. Unlike Haeden, her relationship with her parents, the only blood relatives she had, had always been cool and distant, and had become even more so when she'd left the salt behind. It was something that had long ago ceased to bother her, and wasn't the focus of what she was thinking and feeling now.

What was on Liaran's mind instead was her relationship with Haeden, how he'd become more like family to her than her actual relatives had ever been. It was a realization that pleased her, and she smiled a soft smile as she looked up towards her chosen Warder once more.

Bella

Post by Bella » June 23rd, 2020, 8:24 pm

In talking about his family, he couldn't help but wonder about hers...but from what she had said, it wasn't the same. Or it might have been closer to his association with his father's family, just minus the strange requirements of nobility that came with the Ives clan. Whatever it was, it was an area that he would just follow her lead.

For this moment, he was just enjoying being here with her. The feeling from her. The knowledge that she wanted to meet his family and know more of him and his life and his roots...

Of course, it wasn't much longer after her that he finished his food. After all, Gaidins were trained like soldiers--more than soldiers--which meant you ate when the food was in front of you and you didn't waste time. He just ate a bit more than she did, but the food was shortly gone. He didn't want to get up, though. He put his hand around hers, and lifted it to place a kiss on the back. "I suppose we can't just stay here all day," he said with a teasing, crooked smile.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 26th, 2020, 9:59 pm

Liaran enjoyed spending time with Haeden like this when they traveled, just being together in a way that didn't always happen while they were leading their busy lives within the Grey Tower. While she knew they needed to be on their way soon, she wanted to make the moment last, and chose not to move from where she sat just yet. Instead, the Aes Sedai squeezed Haeden's hand and said, "No, we really shouldn't stay much longer, not if you still want to get there early."

She leaned against him, leaving her hand in his. "I think I've told you before how much I'd like you to come with me whenever I next visit the ships," Liaran commented. "I would like to share my heritage with you." Somewhat reluctantly, she moved away from Haeden. Sitting up straight, but still close to him, the Aes Sedai looked up into his eyes.

"I've been thinking that when we're ready to leave your relatives' home, we could Travel somewhere and sail home." With a smile, she continued, "Or possibly, we could do that when we go to visit your family in Saldaea, or at any other time." The details of it didn't really matter to her; what was important to Liaran was her desire to share all that she was and had been with Haeden.

Bella

Post by Bella » July 1st, 2020, 2:01 am

That Smile returned when she brought up sharing her own heritage with him. Given that her and her family were less of a thing--which he supposed helped in not having to gain approval from her relatives--there was still that very considerable part of what made her...her that he had precious little experience with.

Haeden knew they had to leave soon, but that didn't mean this instant...right?

With his senses having been attuned around them for their meal and sensing no threats, he deemed it safe enough to reach out with one long arm and gently pull her close to him again--retaking the very minimal amount of space that she had taken between them so that she was right next to him again.

"Whenever you should wish this land-bound boy's feet upon a ship, he will happily follow," he said in a low voice, but one that was full of warmth and sincerity. "And he will not even mind if you laugh when he wobbles all along the way." This bit was added with no small amount of levity as he lowered his head and pressed his lips to hers.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 5th, 2020, 7:09 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran wanted to protest that she would never laugh at him, but then he kissed her and everything but Haeden flew from her mind. She still held his hand, and her other arm went around his back as she leaned into the kiss. It was only when she had to stop for a moment to breathe that Liaran bothered to speak with words. Lifting her head, but not moving away, she said, "I will not laugh at you. Did you laugh at me, when you were teaching me to ride?" If he had, it had never bothered her. She'd been very aware of how foolish she must have looked in the saddle, and could understand if he'd found humor in it.

She smiled, but it disappeared fast as she said, "We'll do that sometime, but Haeden....I'll never ask you to meet my parents. They don't understand the life I've chosen, and they would not welcome you as part of it." The statement made her feel vaguely guilty after what he'd said about his mother's family, but there was nothing she could do to change it, or at least, nothing she was willing to consider. "But most of my people, in my clan and others, will view me as an Aes Sedai who just happens to have been born on the ships. An Aes Sedai and her Warder traveling together is nothing unusual." A faint smile returned to her expression as Liaran raised her head to look into Haeden's eyes. "Even if that weren't so, I chose the life I have, and chose to share it with you. What anyone else thinks of me, or us....it just doesn't matter."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik