On the Hunt (attn: Natlya)

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: On the Hunt (attn: Natlya)

Post by Alianora » November 12th, 2019, 11:12 pm

Stefana Sedai
Stefana poked her head out of the doorway at the sound of the Gaidin's voice. She turned her head to look up and down the hallway, easily able to see what Natlya meant. " So we stay here," the Aes Sedai said with a nod of agreement. She turned around then, looking back into the room to see that the woman had crawled back under her sheet. Stefana could just barely see the top of her head. She sighed and walked over to kneel by the pile so that she could see the woman and not just the tangle of sheet she'd hidden herself in. "You remember what I said about staying in here?" The woman nodded, and Stefana explained, "I need you to also stay away from the door until I tell you it's safe." Another nod, and the woman reached up and pulled the sheet over her head, appearing to curl up even tighter beneath it.

With the warning given, Stefana got to her feet and left the room to join the Gaidin in the narrow hallway. She glanced at the other woman and said, "I'm going to set a Ward on that room to keep the intruders from getting to her. You and I will be able to get through it, but anyone else who tries will get a rather nasty shock." Since she still held saidar, Stefana was able to pull thin threads of Air and Spirit, twisting them together and outlining the perimeter of the room. She'd woven this hundreds of times, but her fatigue made it a slower process than usual. By the time she'd finished and was lacing the Air and Spirit with even finer threads of Fire, she heard the sound of heavy footsteps coming from the living area.

She wove as fast as she dared, completing the weave, but maintaining her grasp on it just as a few large men stepped into view at the other end of the hallway. Keeping hold of the One Power, Stefana tightened her grip on the knife she held. This would be nothing like the combat she knew, outdoors and against Shadowspawn, and she knew her usefulness here would be limited, though she hated knowing that. Angry at her own lack of ability, Stefana kept her eyes on the men. If she had any opportunity to defend them with the One Power, she would take it, and if she got a chance to use the knife she held, she would do that as well.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » November 30th, 2019, 8:24 pm

Natlya rolled her shoulders as she stood in the center of the hallway, staring down it as noises of their intruders drew closer.

She was aware of the Aes Sedai behind her. The Gaidin knew that Stefana would be able to weave over her if needed, but she also knew that it was about to fall primarily on her shoulders to fight off these men. The strategic advantage fell to the Gaidin even as the numbers fell against her. Well, it wasn't the first time that had been the case, and she was standing here now to face them again...

The first man came into view ahead of her. Natlya gripped her one-handed sword primary hand with her long dagger in her other.

Her hazel eyes narrowed slightly. Two men now, with more behind them. They could only come forward at two abreast. The first were armed with a pair of long knives and the other with a hammer. They were both larger than her, but also broader. This pair barely fit in the hall side-by-side. She felt her muscles tense with readiness, but she waited. She waited for them to get closer, because she refused to leave the gap between herself and her Aes Sedai to grow too much.

Once they did, however, she surged forward.

She drove toward the hammer-man until the last moment, forcing him to raise his hammer right until she lunged left. The dagger-man brought his two blades up but she met them both with her sword, pushing back and leaning her weight to the left so she could bring up her knee into hammer-man's gut. He wheezed as he bent over, letting her drop her leg but bounce it right back up again into his face.

As he tumbled, she drew her leg aside and stabbed upward with her dagger into dagger-man's side. He coughed blood in her face a moment later, but she spun--her left side swept backward, ripping her dagger free before lifting her elbow and shoving it into dagger-man's throat. Nat had to dance back as the bodies fell, but she jumped up and stood on their backs. The next pair looked at her a little more warily now.

But she was ready.

OOC: I didn't want to run away with the post so will leave it open here, but if you don't feel that Stefana will be able to do much, I can roll on. <3

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » December 2nd, 2019, 11:23 pm

Stefana Sedai
Somehow, Stefana had ended up behind the Gaidin and slightly to the side of her. She had little room to move, but it seemed that she did not need to, as Natlya was handling the first two men just fine without any assistance from her. She clearly needed nothing from Stefana, but the Red sister had no desire to hide behind the Warder, watching her fight alone. As the first two men hit the floor, Stefana pushed forward to stand beside the other woman.

Saidar was in her grasp, but for the first time in many years, she didn't know what to do with it. Another pair of men, both bearing swords, charged towards them, eyeing Natlya nervously, and all Stefana could do was think. She longed to hurl Fire down the hallway, or rip up the earth beneath the men's feet, neither of which could be done inside. Not that it mattered; if she tried, the Oaths she had sworn would not allow her to turn the Power against the men, not yet. Stefana coughed, sure she could feel them constricting around her just for thinking of using saidar as a weapon.

Stop being foolish, Stefana, she scolded herself, and it was then that she found herself facing one of the men, his sword slashing through the air aimed for her. She stepped backwards until her back was pressed against the cabinet behind them, hastily weaving a sort of cushion from Air. Pain sparked at the edges of her connection to saidar, warning her of the consequences of trying to draw more. All she could do was push the weave in front of her, defending herself as well as she could.

Anger swirled inside her, anger with her own incompetence, and anger with the Oaths that prevented her from using anything she knew that could have brought a quick end to this. The sword bearing man kept after her, trying to stab around the weave Stefana held, and in annoyance, the Red sister lunged forward in an attempt to strike with her kitchen knife.

She missed the man, and had expected that she would, but it did nothing to calm her temper. She tried it again, and kept up the effort, but earned nothing except a few cuts to her arms as the sword holding man figured out how to get around her weave to attack her from the side. Forced backwards, Stefana soon found herself pinned against that cabinet again, using her Air cushion to protect her face and chest, but wondering where the next strike would land. She still fought to reach him, but she knew that in her current position, the kitchen knife would be absolutely useless against the longer sword.

Bella

Post by Bella » December 6th, 2019, 9:56 pm

A fiery stream of curses echoed through Natlya's mind as one of the swordsman broke past her to get at the Aes Sedai. It was precisely the nightmare scenario that every Gaidin imagined and hoped would never happen. While she dealt with one man and the one that filled the gap for the other, that third was behind her.

Nat ducked the wild swing of a long-handled ax and lunged up inside the man's guard. His eyes snapped open with shock that this redhead was suddenly so close, but the look didn't last long. No look did since all life faded from his eyes.

Spinning outward, she stayed out of the way of the ax as the man fell and jumped at the swordsman beside her who had been attempting to use her distraction to get beyond her. What, really, were they after? Did they want Stefana or were they after the woman they had wrapped up and left behind in that bedroom?

She couldn't exactly stop to ask.

The Gaidin threw up her sword to block the enemy's blade with the flat of her own, swinging her arm around to graze the man's dark face with her fist and then immediately after, her elbow. He coughed as blood gushed from his nose, then spat the blood in her face. It caught her eye for a moment, making her stumble back one step. Clearly ignoring his pain, he lunged with his sword.

It wasn't the best of moves but her distraction allowed it into her guard. She felt it slice flesh, but knew in an instant that it had only grazed through skin. Bleeding would be an issue but he hadn't actually hit anything important, and now he was very close. She clamped her dagger-hand arm down against her side to pin his blade just long enough to drive her forehead into his.

Woozily, he fell back with practically-visible stars floating around his head as he staggered and then tripped over a body, falling on his back.

Natlya squelched a scream between gritted teeth as his sword ripped its way back out through her side, but she didn't stop as she whirled around to see the Red trying to defend herself.

She ran the few steps between them and kicked the swordsman behind the knee. He dropped to that knee in an instant, at which point she punched him in the face before drawing her dagger across his throat and leaving him in a pile on the hallway floor. Panting softly against the pain, she snapped her head in both direction but saw no one.

"I think that's it for now," she grunted, pressing her dagger-hand still with dagger in it over her wound. "Are you alright, Aes Sedai?" The nature of the Gaidin had ingrained itself deep in this one.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » December 10th, 2019, 12:25 am

Stefana Sedai
The man who was attacking her pressed his body up against the cushion of Air Stefana held, leaving little space between them. Holding it in front of her face made it hard for her to see as she lashed out wildly with the knife. She squinted at the vague figure in front of her, slicing at his sword arm whenever it descended towards her, mostly connecting with nothing but air. It was taking every bit of effort Stefana could gather to keep him off of her, and the Aes Sedai knew she had little hope of wounding him, even as her arms collected more cuts from the edge of the sword blade as she tried.

Bloody. Flaming. Oaths! she thought in frustration as she swung and missed yet again. She didn't feel threatened enough to turn the One Power against the man she fought, but in that moment, Stefana wished she could. The realization startled her, and the Aes Sedai stopped moving. The man's sword darted towards her shoulder, and she moved her weave to try to block it, but as she did, he fell to the ground and the redhaired Gaidin was on him. Only seconds passed before he lay still.

Stefana looked down the hallway, and when she saw nobody else coming, released her hold on saidar. The cushion of Air she'd woven disappeared, and the Wards she'd set earlier faded away. She leaned against the cabinet, resisting the desire to slump to the floor herself, and looked at the Gaidin. The other woman was holding her side, and despite that was asking about her.

The Aes Sedai nodded. "I'm not really hurt," she said. "Just a few shallow cuts, that's all." They stung, but she could tolerate that. Her dress was worse off; the sleeves were torn in several places and speckled with her blood, though the red fabric hid most of it. "Are you hurt?"

Bella

Post by Bella » December 23rd, 2019, 1:00 am

Natlya gritted her back teeth together and nodded slightly. She fought against the pain through embracing the Void, but the pain bounced at the outside of it and made it hard to focus on it. She did not have the boost of stamina and forbearance that a bonded warder had, after all, so she simply had to make do with what she did have.

"I took a wound to the side," she said, since pride could only go so far as well. "I...think I will need it bound before we run into more trouble and move away from here."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » December 24th, 2019, 11:09 pm

Stefana Sedai
Stefana swayed from side to side, laying a hand against the cabinet she leaned on to try to steady herself. Though Natlya's request was simple, and something she could easily do, it frustrated the Red greatly that she could not offer the Gaidin Healing in her current state. She sighed, forcing that emotion down with the ease of long years of practice.

"There should be something you can use for that in one of these bedrooms." she said. "I'll go look." She pushed herself away from the cabinet, moving slowly towards one of the empty rooms. It was fortunate for her that that they were all rather small rooms, and a few wobbly steps brought her to the bed. The Aes Sedai sat down heavily on it, allowing herself to rest while she pulled back the covers and inspected the white bedsheets. They looked clean enough, and she used her small knife to cut several strips from the bottom edge. Bundling them in her arms, Stefana dragged herself back into the hallway.

She blinked as she held out the bundle to Natlya, and moved slowly towards the cabinet she'd been standing by earlier. Turning, she put her back against it so she could see the Gaidin. "Do you want help with the bandaging, or would you prefer to do it yourself?" she asked.

Bella

Post by Bella » January 5th, 2020, 10:56 pm

Natlya leaned against the wall with the shoulder opposite her pained ribs, although she kept her weapons in hand...just in case. Bleeding and exhausted, she was not going to let herself be caught unaware. The world was still a touch hazy at the edges, however, which she wasn't happy about.

When the Aes Sedai returned, the Gaidin smiled grimly. "The binding needs to be tight, Aes Sedai. I don't believe I can do that myself, not with the wound near my rib as it is." She swallowed hard. "I believe we should consider returning to the Tower from here and bring that woman with us."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » January 7th, 2020, 11:23 pm

Stefana Sedai
Having accomplished nothing she'd set out to do when they'd left the Tower to come here, Stefana was less than enthusiastic about the prospect of returning so soon. She pressed her lips together, forcing herself to at least think about it. While she wanted to keep going and reach the town that seemed to be the source of the area's troubles, Stefana also had to admit to herself that she was simply too exhausted to continue traveling anytime soon. She shook her head and looked at the injured Gaidin. While she couldn't be sure of anything without Delving the other woman, the wound appeared to be deep enough to be beyond her own limited Healing ability.

She sighed, knowing there was no way she could reasonably ask Natlya to go any further. Even if we did, what would we do with the woman? That was another problem with continuing on, a question for which Stefana had no answer. "I think we'll have to," she muttered. "You need to be seen to by a Yellow, and we can't just leave the woman here, either. I won't force her to come back with us, but I don't think she has much of a choice about it."

She bent down to place the armful of sheets she'd been holding on the floor, pulling free a few pieces to use in wrapping the Gaidin's wound. Laying those over her arm, Stefana asked, "Are you able to stand up so I can get you bandaged?" She held out her hand, just in case the other woman did need help standing up.

"Once that's done...I'm afraid I'm going to have to rest for a while," she said with reluctance. "It will take some time before I can open a Gateway."

Bella

Post by Bella » January 24th, 2020, 6:57 pm

"I can, Aes Sedai," Natlya said, getting to her feet on her own--just a bit of Gaidin pride. She had one hand pressed to her own wound that she then removed. A small trail of blood slipped down her side, but it wasn't too bad. With a good binding, she knew she could hold out until they were able to return home.

Nat leaned against the wall with the opposite shoulder, holding up her arm so Stefana could work. "The woman really cannot stay here safely, and I believe she has more to tell us about what's going on here," the Gaidin said, a touch breathless as she fought back against the pain and slight wooziness that tried to overtake her.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik