Looking for Trouble (attn: Bella)

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: Looking for Trouble (attn: Bella)

Post by Alianora » July 14th, 2019, 8:23 pm

Liaran Sedai
With absolutely no experience with small children, Liaran had no idea of the difficulty involved in getting them all to bed. As a result, she was perfectly content to stay quiet while Haeden spoke of his little brother. It gave her time to recover from her surprise at learning that Nykkolaia actually was still here, when the way Miss de Scall had spoken had caused Liaran to believe she had already left Harmon. She'll be here tonight. Surprise faded, replaced by anticipation and her own hope that the string of murders they'd been following would end here, though the Aes Sedai did not allow herself to display any of these openly. Instead, she just stayed still and listened to the exchange between Haeden and Miss de Scall.

The head of the orphanage seemed to have relaxed a little, even going so far as to smile at Haeden, and Liaran shot her Warder a grateful look before turning her attention back to the other woman's shy suggestion.

"If you're sure it wouldn't be any trouble for us to return then, that would be perfectly fine," Liaran told her.

She received a timid nod in response as those big eyes looked back toward her.

"You could come back...sometime in the early evening?" Miss de Scall said, sounding more than a little uncertain about it. "I mean...I do keep the children on a schedule for bedtime, but whether they fall asleep then is quite a different matter. They don't always settle down easily."

To Liaran, it sounded quite like the process of getting some of the youngest novices to sit down and listen in class, a task which could sometimes become rather difficult. She gave the woman another smile and said, "I'm sure it will be just fine, if you don't mind us returning during such a busy time."

Miss de Scall shook her head. "No, of course, I do not mind, Aes Sedai. If that's all you need....should I show you out?" The woman looked away from Liaran and pushed her chair back from her desk.

The Aes Sedai rose from her own chair. "We'll see ourselves out, if you'll allow us. You must be very busy, and I wouldn't want to keep you from your work."

Miss de Scall nodded, and actually smiled at her, though it quickly disappeared. "If you are sure.....," she said, trailing off. By the time Liaran had turned towards the door, the woman had already bent down to rummage through one of the desk drawers. Liaran walked to the door, holding it open for Haeden behind her.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » July 24th, 2019, 11:02 pm

Haeden immediately followed his Aes Sedai, pausing only long enough to give a grateful nod and smile to the orphanage mistress.

Once they were out of the building, he looked around at the children playing their games. It did not look like a wealthy area, with many of their toys clearly hand-made if not outright improvised, but they looked happy and healthy. He smiled a little as they moved away enough that no ears--little or big--would hear them.

"The one thing that concerns me is that she might warn Nykkolaia that we'll be coming, and if the woman is guilty... Well, she may leave. Do we stay and watch the place then?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 25th, 2019, 10:01 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran couldn't imagine the nervous woman they'd just left rushing off to warn Nykkolaia. It seemed so unlikely to her that she hadn't even thought of it. Yet unlikely did not mean impossible, and she looked up at Haeden and nodded. Her trust in his judgment told her that if he wanted to stay in the area and keep watch, he had a good reason for it.

Unfortunately, remaining nearby to look for Nykkolaia presented another problem for Liaran. The Aes Sedai unconsciously moved a few steps to stand in the shadow of the nearest building. "If you think it's necessary to stay here and watch for her, then we'll stay here," she said quietly. "The only problem with that is that I don't know whether Nykkolaia remembers me. I don't know her well, I never spent much time with her, but I can't be sure she won't recognize me if she sees me. And if she does..that could also be enough reason for her to leave town before this evening. I'm not sure how I can look for her and not risk her noticing me. I'm not skilled enough with Illusion to hide myself that way."

Bella

Post by Bella » August 1st, 2019, 6:10 pm

Haeden surveyed the buildings and roads around them, taking in what they all were--as best he could tell from where they stood, at least--and considered their advantages and disadvantages. He evaluated, and he strategized. It was as his mother and father had both taught him to do, as well as years in training to become a Gaidin.

"We may be able to keep a watch without being seen," he said, nodding a little down the street. "There may be some cover there that still gives a good view of this place. Or you could be out of sight while I keep watch. I don't know that I ever met Nykkolaia. Even if I had, I doubt she would remember me. Gaidin are often faceless." He smiled wryly as he turned back to her.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » August 1st, 2019, 10:27 pm

Liaran Sedai
"I'm not sure about that," Liaran said as she looked up at her Warder. "I certainly don't think you're that forgettable." She smiled at him as she spoke, but it quickly disappeared as Liaran thought about their current situation. She turned her head towards the street, dark eyes glancing up and down each side of it. Very few of the people passing by looked anything like her, and Liaran knew that if Nykkolaia did happen to come down this street, it would not be at all difficult for the other Blue to notice her.

She sighed in irritation. "I'm going to have to find a place to go where I can't be easily seen," the Aes Sedai muttered, "but I'm not going to cower in some alley and make you keep watch alone." While she knew that he was perfectly capable of doing that without her, Liaran was determined to contribute as much as she could while remaining safely out of sight. She looked back towards Haeden and continued, "You know more about this than I do, so...tell me where you think we should go, and I'll follow you." With that, Liaran looked down and pulled the sleeves of her dress over her hands.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 6th, 2019, 10:01 pm

The very corners of his mouth turned up in a smile that was amused and fond all at once when she deferred to him. It wasn't that he hadn't ever known an Aes Sedai to do so--his mother had on many an occasion, when a warder had the better experience--but many Aes Sedai he had known would not.

"Yes, my Aes Sedai," he said with a slight bow of his head, green eyes dancing as they held her in his gaze--even though she wasn't looking at him now--before he turned for another survey of their surroundings.

It was clearly some sort of commercial district, as her could see a few storefronts just down the lane. The orphanage building itself sat in a sort of open square, so there were many buildings that had a fair view of the place. No one spot could watch it all, of course, but they would just have to hope that Nykkolaia went in through the front door.

"I see an outdoor eatery just there," he said. "Or one with outdoor seating. Few people notice those who are at a table and enjoying their meal or drink, so we should be able to sit there and watch the orphanage with little notice."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » August 7th, 2019, 10:18 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran nodded. "That should work," she said. "I think we need to pick the one that offers the best view of the door," she added, and left it up to Haeden to decide exactly where that was. Once her Warder had made his decision, the Aes Sedai followed him, and they soon found themselves being shown to a small table near the back of one of the outdoor spaces. Set away from the street, it offered a seclusion that Liaran appreciated. Even if Nykkolaia does come this way, she shouldn't notice me sitting back here. The observation helped her to relax a little as she took her seat.

Her eyes shifted towards the door, and when she saw no sign of the woman they were watching for, Liaran turned her head to look at Haeden. "I'm not sure how long we'll want to stay here," she told him quietly. "If this goes well, I want to be back at the orphanage earlier instead of later." She shook her head slightly, allowing her unruly hair to tumble down around her face, then let her attention drift back towards the nearby square.

It appeared fairly busy, but not so much that she couldn't study the women who walked by. Liaran took note of every one she saw. If the other Blue was here, Liaran would not allow her to slip past them.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 12th, 2019, 9:12 pm

Haeden settled into his seat, making himself looked as relaxed and inconspicuous as possible. Thankfully, the layout of the outdoor eating area would obscure some of him from casual passersby and would therefore obscure just enough of him with it to help with the illusion. There was only so much a Gaidin could do to look less...Gaidin-y.

Once they had been sitting for a short time, he spoke up with some of his thoughts. "How do you think we should approach this if we do see her enter? Approach her?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » August 13th, 2019, 10:28 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran caught herself staring at the orphanage, and forced herself to turn away from it. While she had enough sense to know that she shouldn't allow herself to seem overly interested in the building, the Aes Sedai found it difficult to focus on anything else. A heavy sigh of annoyance with herself escaped her, and she was grateful for the distraction Haeden provided when he spoke.

She gave the door another very brief glance, then looked towards Haeden while she listened to him. Leaning forward in her chair, for once Liaran did not care if they bore a closer resemblance to a pair of lovers than an Aes Sedai and her Warder. If they did, it would only help them to remain unnoticed. Her eyes stayed on Haeden as she silently considered the question he'd just asked her. She didn't stay quiet for long, because almost as soon as he'd spoken, Liaran had known what her answer had to be.

She bent her head toward Haeden, speaking quietly to him. "I think we have to," she admitted. "If she learns we're here, and looking for her...as you said, she might run. We have no way of knowing where she'd go, and I'm not willing to risk losing her when we're this close." While she meant what she said, Liaran knew it would be much more difficult to approach Nykkolaia if she were expecting them, and hoped to herself that they wouldn't end up having to do that.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 29th, 2019, 1:48 am

Haeden nodded his agreement. His expression looked always distracted, but he was simply lost in thought. Well, no, he was never lost in thought because that would make him less effective in his duties as a warder. He was always aware, always grounded in the now and the here, but he was also in thought.

"There is one things that keeps...nagging at the back of my mind," he finally commented. His green eyes roved over the street and the orphanage just a short distance away, while trying to not seem like he was doing exactly what he was doing. He felt his Aes Sedai's encouragement to continue. "The more we have gone on this journey, the more evidence seems to arrive.

"I mean to say that it seems more and more likely that this Aes Sedai has become... What is the word... Vigilante? She seems to have an affinity for children--" He waved at the building they watched. "--and is against those who cause them harm, but those who have died, there is no evidence of strangeness to the deaths. Unlikely to have involved channeling.

"It doesn't change the task before us or the evidence found and theories supposed, but it just strikes me as odd."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik