Looking for Trouble (attn: Bella)

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Looking for Trouble (attn: Bella)

Post by Alianora » January 13th, 2019, 8:11 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran had always hated paperwork , and the pile of it that currently sat on her desk was no exception. She frowned down at it as she continued to sift through the pages, dark eyes glancing over the words in hopes of noticing some small detail she hadn't seen earlier, anything that might help her make some sense out of what she was reading. She'd been over and over them since an acquaintance in the Red Ajah had brought them to her that afternoon, and her understanding of what the papers contained was no better now than it had been then. What little she had managed to work out disturbed her. There had been several murders in a few small towns in Andor, and in at least one, one of her own Blue sisters was known to have been the last person to see the victim alive.

Liaran did not particularly want to believe that another Blue could have had any involvement in the killings, but this was not the first time Nykkolaia's name had come up in association with a recent death. What she had was far from being solid evidence, but just the suggestion of it was enough to concern her. She sighed, realizing she hadn't made any progress in her reading for several minutes. By now, she didn't really think she was going to find anything else useful just from reading through what she'd been given. Standing from the desk, Liaran gathered the papers together and left her study, having come to the unpleasant conclusion that she was going to have to visit the towns herself if she wanted to learn anything further.

She wanted to talk to Haeden about she'd found, and didn't have to go far to find him sitting on the sofa with Shadow at his feet. Liaran sat down beside him, laying the stack of papers in her lap. Without bothering to conceal her discomfort with the situation, Liaran looked towards him and said, "There's a good chance I'll have to leave the Tower in the next week or so to look into some troublesome Ajah business. Will you be able to come with me?" It wasn't really a question, since she knew very well that her Warder would never refuse her. It was simply a matter of her respect for him that Liaran asked instead of telling Haeden what he would be doing.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Looking for Trouble (attn: Bella)

Post by Bella » January 16th, 2019, 9:36 pm

It had been impossible to miss his Aes Sedai's disturbance over whatever she was working on, but since there was nothing that suggested danger or harm, Haeden had restrained himself from going and checking on her...so far. He knew that she would tell him when she was ready and when she needed.

Still, it was both in his nature as a man and his nature as a Gaidin to want to help, to make her feel at ease instead of discomfited.

Haeden knew her well, however, because it wasn't long before she was sitting beside him. Her expression was one of frustration and uncertainty, and there was almost an aura around the papers she carried that suggested the reason for such was in them. He looked at them and then back up at her as she spoke.

"Of course, Liaran," he said, giving her the answer they both knew he would. He'd leave the Tower in an instant at her word. "Where do we need to go?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » January 17th, 2019, 11:05 pm

Liaran Sedai
She gave Haeden a small smile, grateful that he'd agreed even thought she'd already known that he would. The situation was no less disturbing for it, but Liaran was glad she would not have to look into this alone. "We're going to a few different small towns in Andor, all fairly close together, where there have recently been quite a few murders. " She thumbed idly through the papers on her lap. "I haven't been able to learn much from these reports, but what I do know is that another Blue, Nykkolaia, is or was in the area, and she was the last person to see one of the victims alive. " She studied Haeden's expression, but couldn't tell what he was thinking, even with their bond to help her.

"That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but a few years ago, I worked with one of the Reds who was trying to find out more about some kidnappings that had taken place. A man was killed there also, and this was also a place that Nykkolaia had visited." The Aes Sedai sighed, not really wanting to admit to what she suspected. "That may mean nothing. I'd like that to be true, but I think it's something that has to be looked into further."

Liaran turned towards her Warder and gathered up the papers in her lap, offering them to him. "If you want, you can look through these. They're mostly reports from Red Eyes and Ears in the area. A lot of it seems to be rumors and gossip to me, but maybe you'll see something I didn't catch."

Bella

Post by Bella » January 26th, 2019, 8:53 pm

The green-eyed Gaidin took the stack of papers with a solemn expression. The idea of an Aes Sedai going against the tenants of the Grey Tower was certainly far from unheard-of, but it remained nothing that should ever be taken lightly. He knew all too well about them going rogue... His own mother had been kidnapped by a Black Ajah Aes Sedai when she was pregnant with him.

It wasn't something the Green had told him much about, but he'd done his research later.

"I'll see if I see anything," he promised. "I can't imagine my mind will catch what one as keen as yours could, but I'll see what a second pair of eyes can down." He offered a small smile. "When do we leave?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » January 27th, 2019, 8:53 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran was too troubled by what she suspected to return Haeden's smile. "I think...the day after tomorrow, if you can," she said, sounding less than pleased about it. This sort of investigation was not something Liaran truly wanted to do, but more of a potentially unpleasant task that she could not avoid. The Aes Sedai sighed, mind filled with thoughts, opinions, possibilities, and the rare fact contained in the papers she'd passed to Haeden. Standing, she kissed him on the cheek and retreated to her own room to try to get some rest.

Soon enough, the day of their departure arrived, and Liaran rode Seawind towards the traveling yards. The work of packing for this trip and planning where to start had helped her to settle her mind, with the result that she felt far more determined to find out more than she had when she'd spoken to Haeden about it earlier. It had to be done, and so Liaran would do it. By the time she saw Haeden, she even had a smile for her Warder, and was grateful beyond words that he would be traveling with her.

"I think it would be best to start in Jornhill and then work from there," she told him. That village was where the most recent murder had taken place, and also Nykkolaia's last known location. Though Liaran did not expect that the other Blue would still be there, she hoped to learn more of what Nykkolaia had been doing there, and if she was lucky, to get an idea of where the other woman might have gone. "I don't know how long we'll need to stay, or how long we'll be out of the Tower....I hope that doesn't cause any problems for you." Liaran raised her head to meet Haeden's eyes. "Did you notice anything else interesting in those papers?"

Bella

Post by Bella » January 30th, 2019, 11:35 pm

Falling in alongside her as they moved forward, he returned the smile--always glad to see it from her--and then gave a small shake of his head in reply to her question. "It will not cause any problems. You are my Aes Sedai, and I shall follow you anywhere and for as long as it may take."

They began to approach the Gateway they would be taking to whatever "landing point" was near Jornhill. "I don't really feel like I did, but I also don't have much of an eye for it. I can see the patterns within events that have you concerned, however, and I agree that we need to look into it more. I think I may be more help once we're speaking with people directly, though."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » February 1st, 2019, 11:02 pm

Liaran
The Gateway yawned open before them, and Liaran paused to let Haeden through first. When she was sure there was no danger waiting for her on the other side, she urged Seawind through, emerging into a field not far from Jornhill. She stopped her horse beside her Warder and told him, "I think it would be best to head to the inn first and get settled there. After that, we should probably go see where the murder happened, and talk to some of the victim's neighbors, if they don't mind."

When Haeden didn't object to her plans, they rode through the field and down one of the few dirt roads that passed through the small town. It wasn't large enough to support more than one inn, which made the place easy to find. They stopped in front of it, and Liaran slid out of the saddle. She tied Seawind to a post, then looked up at Haeden. "I'm going to arrange for our rooms," she said. "I shouldn't be long."

Her task was not a difficult one, and it did not take long for her to come to an agreement with the innkeeper. Liaran was putting the rest of her coins away when the grey haired woman spoke to her.

"You're not from around here."

The words didn't seem threatening, merely curious, and Liaran shook her head. "I'm not," she agreed, knowing there was no way to hide that she wasn't Andoran. "I'm from the Grey Tower, and I have business here." Liaran bent her head, putting her pouch of coins away, and looked up to find the woman leaning closer to her.

"Never had any of your sort come out this way before, and now I've had two within a matter of days. There'll just be you, now, though." Liaran nodded, not surprised to learn that Nykkolaia had already left. The older woman kept talking. "Think the other one, well, she might have been scared away." Liaran wasn't so sure of that. Her eyes flickered toward the door in an effort to see where Haeden had gone.

When she looked back at the innkeeper, the older woman seemed to take it as permission to continue. "Jornhill's a good town, mind, I've lived here all my life, but not long ago, someone was killed, found with a knife in his back right in his own house. Nothing like that ever happens here, and it's got folk a bit nervous." The woman's voice lowered. "You just be careful out there."

Liaran nodded as if she didn't already know what the woman was talking about. "I'm sure I'll be perfectly safe here," she said politely, then turned away from the innkeeper to make her escape.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 5th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Haeden had actually appeared in the doorway a moment after Liaran had looked for him.

Her feelings flowing over the bond had not been drastic enough to warrant him charging in with his sword drawn, but there had been enough discomfort and trepidation for him to show up after just a few moments. The horses were secured to the hitching post, and he could do little else with them until the rooms were secured anyways.

So it was that when she finally made her escape, her was almost within arm's reach. It had been obvious that there was no physical danger, so he'd just waited for her. When she drew nearer, he bent his head towards her. "Is everything alright?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » February 8th, 2019, 11:18 pm

Liaran
Liaran had felt through the bond that Haeden was getting closer, so she was not at all surprised to see him only a few steps away. She crossed the small space between them, nodding her head at the question. "Yes, I'm fine," she said as they headed towards the door. Though she wanted to share what little she'd learned from the innkeeper, Liaran didn't feel comfortable speaking further until they left the room.

When they'd stepped outside, Liaran moved out of the way and looked up at Haeden. "I didn't meant to be that long," she said apologetically, "but the innkeeper was quite talkative. She said that Nykkolaia had stayed there but left a few days ago, right after the murder. " Liaran had expected that, and did not think Haeden would be surprised either. "She also mentioned that the victim was apparently stabbed to death." The pile of reports Liaran had been given had been frustratingly vague, and this wasn't something she'd known until just now. She shook her head. "That doesn't sound like Nykkolaia to me, but it certainly isn't impossible. It's not as though I know her well."

She blinked then, unwillingly recalling the woman she'd killed out of pure anger not so very long ago. It struck her that it was not at all impossible for Nykkolaia to have experienced something similar, some event that could have driven her to kill even if she did not seem to be capable of it. It was a possibility, but not one Liaran wanted to consider right now. She fixed her eyes on Haeden's, forcing the memory down, taking comfort in knowing that she did not have to do this alone.

"Are you ready to go visit the neighbors?" she asked him.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 13th, 2019, 5:33 pm

He sensed the subtle shifts of her mood with shadows of concern in his own mind, wondering what it was she was thinking about. Did it have to do with the "talkative" innkeeper and what they had said, or was it about something else? She seemed to recover herself after a moment, however, and he chose to let it go...for the moment.

"I am, yes," he said in response to her question. He gestured with his head for he to lead, and then he fell in step beside her. "I did try to ask around and see if I could learn anything about this Nykkolaia before we left, but I found out little. She apparently was bonded, to an Asha'man of the Green, but he vanished too."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik