The Power of Three [Attn: Roan]

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

The Power of Three [Attn: Roan]

Post by Bella » October 4th, 2018, 2:30 am

Andraste Alhandra stood in the Grey Tower stables with her chestnut mare standing in the stable-ties.

The Red Aes Sedai had arrived here ahead of the arranged meeting time just so she could take this leisurely. She had been very busy of late, and this trip was just going to be more busyness, so this little moment of respite between her and Scarlet would be the best she could get for a while. She had made sure to take her time to thoroughly groom the mare and was now finishing up the last of the tack.

Today, she was waiting on Lysira and Bastian. Andra knew that she needed a strong backup for the task before her, and she had seen how well those two worked together during the ambush when they had thought they were all going to clear out some bandits.

In fact, they had worked very well together...to the point where she had to wondered if there was something more to it. They were both adults, after all, and he was properly raised, so there was nothing to stop them. Still, it caused a small...twinge seemed to be the only word she could think of. She had felt something for the large man that she hadn't felt since losing Belenus and Chandra, but if he were claimed... Well. She didn't imagine she could ever again find what she had with her beloveds.

She would simply have to put the thought out of her mind, should this be the case.

Besides, there were bigger issues to worry about right now. Somewhere off in the Blightborder, not too far from her home, there were terrible sightings and reports that strongly suggested a Black Ajah channeler was at work. Being so near the Blight, a broad variety of Shadowspawn could be anticipated as well. That's why she wasn't going to go alone. She was no fool, after all, so she would not start acting like one.

Scarlet gave a soft nicker and nosed at the Aes Sedai as if impatient to go. Andra smiled and stroked the white star on the horse's face. "Soon," she cooed. "We just have to wait for the others..."

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: The Power of Three [Attn: Roan]

Post by Roan » October 6th, 2018, 3:19 am

Bastian Gaidin
Bastian adjusted how his saddlebags sat over his shoulder as he made his way to the stables. He’d met Lysira for breakfast that morning and arranged to get both of their horses tacked up if she’d brave the Mistress of the Kitchens and get them provisions for their trip. As absurd as it might sound, the large Gaidin was intimidated by the woman. She had a way of wielding a spoon that was scarier than one might otherwise thing.

The man couldn’t help but smile. Andraste had asked if he and Lysira would join her as her Warders on a mission to Kandor. Bas hadn’t been home in ages. Was he happy to return? Truth be told, he had nothing left in Kandor, and the Tower was his home.

The origin of the smile was more about who is company would be on the mission. Knowing Lysira would be by his side to help protect Andraste as she investigated what sounded as if a Darkfriend was on the loose. Of those he’d gotten to know at the Tower, he’d grown quite fond of Lysira and Andraste’s company. They were, whether they realize it or not, his best friends.

Stepping into the aisle where Andraste was grooming and tacking up her horse, the large Gaidin almost stopped in his tracks. He could not deny how stunning she was, but he didn’t let himself think about it much beyond that. Clearing his throat so as not to startle the Red sister, Bas gave her a warm smile, “Well met, Andraste Sedai. Lysira will be along shortly with provisions. It looks like you are almost ready to go? It shouldn’t take me long to get our mounts ready.”

He set both sets of saddlebags down, and proceeded to get Lys’s mount from its stall. He bribed it with a chunk of carrot when putting on the halter, and the horse seemed more than happy to acquiesce to Bastian enough to start grooming. “Happy to return home?”

Bella

Post by Bella » October 11th, 2018, 5:57 pm

The truth was that there was no one in the Grey Tower as terrifying as the Mistress of the Kitchens.

Not even the former Amyrlin, now known to be a murdering darkfriend, could inspire the sort of fear that the Mistress of the Kitchen could elicit by her existence alone. She was older than anyone could remember, but still swung that spoon with enough strength and speed to catch even a blademaster off guard.

However, Lysira had something up her sleeve... The Mistress of the Kitchens had a soft spot for the tiny, silent Gaidin ever since she was a little girl called Mouse, with not parents, who could never seem to get enough to eat.

And thus it was now that Lysira was walking into the stables with three bags of provisions and no frightening encounters or speedy escapes having been had in the process of obtaining them. She walked in just in time to hear the Red Aes Sedai respond to a question apparently asked by Bastian--that assumption seemed safe since no one else was around and the woman was looking at him.

"I am always pleased to go home, though I wish it was less often for reasons such as these," she replied, before turning eyes almost as dark as Lysira's on the Gaidin. "Well met, Gaidin." She bowed her head slightly, and Lys returned the gesture.

Roan

Post by Roan » October 20th, 2018, 10:42 pm

Bastian Gaidin
Between being focused on Andra as she answered, and Lysira being light footed, Bastian didn’t hear the other Gaidin approach. When the Red greeted Lys, Bastian turned and gave Lysira a warm, broad smile, “Thank you for braving the Mistress of the Kitchens for us.” He found himself toe to toe with her, right next to Lysira’s horse as she handed him two of the bags of provisions. He held her dark gaze for perhaps a tad longer than intended. The grey mare turned her head and nudged Bastian in the side.

Giving a breathy laugh, Bastian looked from Dusty, the horse, to Lys, “You’ll want to check the girth. I doubt she let me tighten it up all the way.” He moved to Andraste’s side, and handed her one of the bags Lys had acquired, “This should fit in one of your saddlebags, Andraste Sedai.”

The large Gaidin had been so busy talking with Andraste and getting Lys’s horse ready, he hadn’t even started sorting out his own mount. He didn’t have his own horse, and was borrowing a large blue roan mare provided by the Tower. He made quick work of grooming and tacking the horse. Fifteen minutes later, he checked the girth one more time and looked to both Andraste and Lysira, “I believe I am finally ready.”

Bella

Post by Bella » October 21st, 2018, 1:48 am

Once all of their horses were tacked up and their packs and provisions fastened into place, Andraste began leading her mare out of the stables and on toward the Traveling Yard.

"We will use a Gateway to get to the Blightborder," she said, since that was usually how it happened. "We will travel to a point shortly outside one of the larger cities, which is quite near where I grew up." The Red smiled slightly. "From there, we will have a roughly two-day ride to reach the vicinity.

"As with all things related to the Blight and its borderlands, information can be variable and uncertain. Even the most assured reports can find things changing in a short time, so I only have a general area to search. However, strange events that have led to my suspicions and this mission do seem confined to a specific region."

They reached the Gateway location, where a young Aes Sedai stood and waited to assist them. "I plan for the ride to the location to take longer than the two days, however, because I wish to stop in some of the small cities and villages and outposts along the way to speak with the people. See if they have any experiences to share."

Her eyes swung between Bastian and Lysira then back again. "Do you have any questions before we move to Kandor?"

Roan

Post by Roan » October 21st, 2018, 3:45 pm

The large Gaidin listened as Andraste explained her plan for their journey. She wasn’t riding head-long intl danger, and intended to gather as much information as she could. The Red was smart, and methodical in her approach, something Bastian was grateful for given some stories he’d heard about other Aes Sedai and Asha’man jumping in without giving much thought to what might be on the other side.

When Andra asked if they had questions, Bastian looked to Lysira, who shook her head. He looked back to the Red Sedai, “I think it all sounds self explanatory. I think I speak for both Lysira and I when I say I’m glad to hear we’re not rushing into anything headlong. Avoiding nasty surprises for as long as we can would be welcome.”

At that point, the Red nodded to the young Aes Sedai who was waiting patiently to open the Gateway that would bring them to Kandor. Seconds later, the Gateway opened and Bastian had his hand on one axe as he walked through, leading his horse with the other hand.

The weather changed the instant Bastian got to the other side, and he was greeted with a cool breeze and bright blue skies. He moved away from the Gateway to give Lysira room to come through, and waited for both her, and Andra.

Bella

Post by Bella » October 25th, 2018, 11:11 pm

Lysira followed but a heartbeat later, sword out and ready just in case.

Thankfully, the other side of the Gateway was clear this time...unlike the last time the three of them had gone elsewhere like this. The air was cold, but they'd been prepared for that with their heavy cloaks. It made every sound sharper, but Lysira was glad of that. It meant she would be able to hear something sneaking up on them.

Several moments later, after the usual time, Andraste rode through and the Gateway came to a close. The Red joined them and offered a small smile. "I would say tis the season to be cold, but it always seems to be cold in this region," she mused aloud. "That's alright, though. It keeps things interesting."

Her dark eyes flashed and she led them forward, onto a small and clearly infrequently-used road north.

Roan

Post by Roan » October 30th, 2018, 3:47 pm

Bastian Gaidin
Bastian grinned broadly, “I don’t mind the cool air or the cold. Truth be told, I miss the crisp morning air of Kandor, especially during the height of summer at the Tower. I loved building a fire at night after a hard day’s work to enjoy a bowl of stew as I wind down for the evening.” He adjusted his seat in the saddle and checked how his horseman’s axe and bags were sitting, to make sure they weren’t agitating his horse.

The large Gaidin rode alongside Andraste, with Lysira on the other side of the Aes Sedai. He scanned the countryside as they headed north on the little-used road before leaning forward a bit to look at Lys, “Welcome to Kandor? My childhood home. . .though I’m not entirely sure where we are in Kandor.”

Laughing softly, he looked to Andra, “So where is our first stop?” It was his subtle (not so subtle) way of trying to sort out where they might be.

Bella

Post by Bella » November 2nd, 2018, 1:34 am

There was a certain sort of peace that fell over Andraste when he felt herself once again within the airs and upon the lands of her home country. Even though the Grey Tower was thoroughly her home now, there was nothing and nowhere else like the land of your birth. And Borderlanders seemed particularly strong on that point.

"We are a couple of hours' ride outside the village of Diinar," she replied to the large Gaidin with a knowing smile. It was indeed a not at all subtle way to gain the information, so she returned it with just as little subtlety.

Andraste looked at their surroundings as they rode for a time. It had been a while since she had been here specifically, but it felt...different than when last she'd been here. The sense of peace that had come upon her slowly bled away and she found herself frowning. She didn't realize she was doing it until she felt a touch of the small Gaidin's hand.

Turning toward Lysira, she saw the concerned and questioning look. "It doesn't quite feel...right here, does it?" she asked. "I mean, it doesn't feel like it used to."

Lysira urged her horse a bit forward so Bastian could see her. Then she signed so he could translate: 'Something does feel off. I am not sure what it is, though.'

Roan

Post by Roan » November 3rd, 2018, 12:15 pm

Diinar.

They were about an hour away from where his cabin was. . .or what was left of his cabin. The land was still technically his, and part of him wanted to rebuild to have a place to unwind if things at the Tower became too intense. These thoughts were cast aside when he heard Andraste mention things didn’t feel like they used to.

The large Gaidin looked to his smaller counterpart as she signed, “Something feels off. I’m not sure what it is, though.”

Bastian looked between the two women and wonder what it was they were picking up on and whether he was so unobservant that he’d missed something. They were clearly picking up on a vibe that he seemed to miss. He arched one brow and looked at Lysira and then Andraste with a quizzical look, “What is it that the two of you are noticing?” And was he just completely oblivious?

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik