A New Goal [Attn: Beron Gaidin]

The World outside the Grey Tower is a vast place.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: A New Goal [Attn: Beron Gaidin]

Post by Bella » August 2nd, 2018, 1:33 am

Beron's contentment, gently filtered over the bond, was a balm to her frayed nerves. She let him pull her gently against him, and rested her head back with a soft sigh. She wondered, briefly and idly, if she would ever overcome the sense of gratitude and relief that came with her understanding that she would never be alone again.

"Tell me something about your day?" she asked in a small voice, wanting to spend a little time thinking about something other than Whitecloaks.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » August 2nd, 2018, 2:09 am

Beron
Beron felt the warm weight of Isla rest against him as she settled into his embrace. As they lay together on the couch, he smiled at the wisps of hair that tumbled across her neck and the little sigh that escaped her lips as he massaged her neck and shoulder. He knew she had long days in the Infirmary, and it was hard work so he was glad to feel her muscles relax and loosen.

“My day? Well I had thought to maybe teach a class with some of the newer Drin, maybe show them a little of the polish I’ve learnt since arriving. But after the second Drin gave me new bruises because I was staring like a compass near a magnet I decided I better work on my focus first,” laughed Beron as he recalled how distracted he had been many times through the day. It was a comforting sensation, even if it was one he was learning to work with.

“It’s kind of like playing music with cotton in your ear, then taking it out. It’s just sharper and stronger and I know it’s right but it sounds off. So rather than give a couple of wet behind the ear Drin something to gossip about, I practiced the Ko’di instead. Once I am less distracted, I hope to take advantage of the times when you are Healing. I can teach and help with those still raising while knowing you are safe.”

“After that I finished my sword forms and arrived in time to find you had summoned dinner. You are far to lax a bondmate love, most of the whispers I heard about Greens and Blues made it sound like they left their Warders too weak to do much but find the pillow,” Beron teased, his voice flirty and soft.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 5th, 2018, 11:24 pm

Before she was even aware of it happening, bright pink had flooded her cheeks. His words brought to mind the fact that she knew that there were many bond-mate pairs who were lovers as well. After all, Beron and Isla were... Well, they were in love. What his words brought to mind at first, however, was that part of being lovers that they...had yet to achieve.

Isla quickly tried to swallow down her sheepishness and realize that he probably didn't mean that, but the damage of it was already done and her cheeks were already too warm for the rest of her face.

"Well," she said with a faint, slightly hoarse laugh, "you know what they say about Aes Sedai. They each do things in their own ways, and no one is allowed to tell them how to do things otherwise." She smiled, running her teeth over her bottom lip. "And I am Aes Sedai now, so that should mean I will do things my way, eh?" She put as much of the teasing tone into her voice as she could.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » August 6th, 2018, 4:50 pm

Beron
“Well," Isla said with a faint, slightly hoarse laugh, "you know what they say about Aes Sedai. They each do things in their own ways, and no one is allowed to tell them how to do things otherwise." She smiled, and Beron noticed her biting her lip, her cheeks flushing from what he could see of her as she leaned against him "And I am Aes Sedai now, so that should mean I will do things my way, eh?" Isla finished, her voice teasing.

At first Beron was going to respond with a simple nod, but the flush in her cheeks and her tone, made him pause. It took him a few moments to sort out, and when he finally did his cheeks turned as red when he realized the direction his words had led her. Light she must think I expected her skirts to float away once we bonded Beron thought embarrased.

Although as he held her close, and realized they now had the privacy to build any life they wanted, he had to admit to himself that maybe his words hadn’t been meant all in innocence. He would never lay with a woman he hadn’t married, despite what some of the rumours may have said; and he knew Isla was already shoulder deep in romantic waters she had never expected.

“Of course Isla. I do not think anyone would expect an Aes Sedai to not hold the reins,” he teased as he tickled her lightly, her squirm and laughing making him laugh as well. “An Aes Sedai’s methods are her own, everyone knows that.”

Looking around, Beron had a random thought pop into his head as he saw the blank walls of their new quarters. “I was thinking of maybe asking a Soldier I had met a few times to do a painting for our room. I haven’t had anything since moving from home, but I always enjoyed how my mother hung paintings or weavings up. Owen is a good painter from his own words, I think he would like the idea. I guess now that I know this is the room I will have to keep, I feel less like a rolling stone now.”

Bella

Post by Bella » August 8th, 2018, 2:47 am

Isla was instantly grateful for the change of topic and guessed from the bond that he had understood her embarrassment, and figured out her reason for it. He didn't press it, and she was glad for that.

The fact of that matter was that she was...uncertain. More like frightened. But of what, she wasn't truly sure. She wasn't ignorant of the facts of life between a man and a woman. Yes, she'd been sheltered, but she still had grown up around men, and soldiers at that. She had heard, and on rare occasion seen, things. She knew.

She just never had pieced it together with herself.

Although now grown and Aes Sedai, it was something she felt woefully unprepared for. Was it something she should consider now, or insist upon being married? She had not been raised with an edict because her father never thought she'd marry. He had raised her to be by his side, fighting for the cause, her whole life.

And what should she expect? Would her inexperience prove a disappointment?

It was all too much, so she was glad to not think about it now.

"I'd like that," she said with a sweet, sincere smile. "I've never had a painting in any of my rooms that was done for the room. There really weren't any at all, but the art that was there was all military and typically... Well. It wasn't really pretty. I'd like something nice, and something homey, and something...ours."

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » August 8th, 2018, 5:57 am

Beron
Beron smiled when Isla spoke of wanting something that spoke to the pair of them. Something homey, something ours her words sounded over and over in his mind. The idea was a nice one, the notion of their budding nest warming him, easing some of tension and feeding others. Still as he held Isla in his arms, he realized that there was little reason to rush headlong into..

Coughing lightly to break that train of thought before it caused his cheeks to burst into flames, he realized that he would have to write to his mother and father soon. Everything had happened so quickly that he had scarcely thought to do so, but if they were going to make it homey, there were a few items he knew his mother had stashed away against his finding a wife. A sharp stab of concern made him wonder how Isla would feel, if his family descended upon them with well wishes and pestering questions, and he tapped his fingers against the couch back as he considered how much to write at first.

“It’s settled then dear heart. I will ask Owen tomorrow, he will make something wonderful I’m sure. And we can see what Hama Valon has to offer as well. I need a coat or two, and some shirts for when travel. Is there anything you’d like?” Beron asked softly as he relaxed and listened to the fire.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 11th, 2018, 3:34 pm

She could feel his emotions swaying and changing, and she wondered what he was thinking. For the moment, she didn't ask. There didn't seem to be anything he was concerned about, and so when he relaxed further, she did as well. The heat from her cheeks was finally fading, still relieved that he hadn't pressed it.

"I suppose I could use a couple things, yes," she said, realizing that she hadn't thought about it very much. Now that she was Aes Sedai, she received a small stipend from the Grey Tower that would allow her to flesh out her wardrobe. She had little, since her clothing had been provided for her since she began training...

The clothes she had come in were long since burned, having been barely anything.

"I think I'll need something for traveling as well," she said thoughtfully. "I don't think dresses will be suited for the places we may go, so I'll need to find some riding breeches and shirts...and boots. I don't think I've really thought through the topic of my wardrobe." She laughed sheepishly.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik